Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Loft Move  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:13 am

» Good Morning
Loft Move  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:12 am

» come join us
Loft Move  Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Loft Move  Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Loft Move  Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:19 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Loft Move  Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Loft Move  Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Loft Move  Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
Loft Move  Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Loft Move  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 29 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 28 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Loft Move  Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Loft Move  Vote_lcapLoft Move  Voting_barLoft Move  Vote_rcap 
David
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222849 messages in 14006 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Loft Move  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Loft Move  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Loft Move

Go down 
+2
Knackered
David
6 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Loft Move  Empty
PostSubject: Loft Move    Loft Move  EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 6:09 pm

well as some will know, i am moving my lofts into my garden , due to houses being built on the land they now occupy ..........i didnt really want pigeons in the garden, but unless i want to pack in it will have to be done.

im planning on moving the 14 x 8 loft i built last year, but never got the roof on, into the garden, and keeping maybe 30 pigeons in all........that means i need to find homes for another 30 as i cant keep them all.

hopefully over the next few weeks ill start dismantling the loft and erecting it in the garden, and hope to be posting some pictures on the forum ....... Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Loft Move  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loft Move    Loft Move  EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 6:37 pm

David wrote:
well as some will know, i am moving my lofts into my garden , due to houses being built on the land they now occupy ..........i didnt really want pigeons in the garden, but unless i want to pack in it will have to be done.

im planning on moving the 14 x 8 loft i built last year, but never got the roof on, into the garden, and keeping maybe 30 pigeons in all........that means i need to find homes for another 30 as i cant keep them all.

hopefully over the next few weeks ill start dismantling the loft and erecting it in the garden, and hope to be posting some pictures on the forum ....... Very Happy cheers
Sorry for your predicament there as such etc David. Life at times thou  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes lol! lol! lol! can be a real bitch I suggest unfortunately bounce bounce when it wishes to move us all out of our comfort zone. End of the day  Smile  Smile  I suspect some how you will find a way & just adapt to your new situation there. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Loft Move  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loft Move    Loft Move  EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 7:02 pm

yes knackered, i reckon your right ........it will have its plus`s i suppose , less birds, not as far to walk 3 times a day, and electric in the loft .
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

Loft Move  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loft Move    Loft Move  EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 7:30 pm

Hope it goes without too much trouble for you David and the weather is in your favour, don't envy you mate but like knackered says sure it will turn out ok and make life a bit easier.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Loft Move  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loft Move    Loft Move  EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 8:09 pm

bad time to do it colin, but main thing is to get something to put the birds in, then find homes for the ones i dont need ........it gets a bit of a bind going over there 3 times a day for the past 12 years lol! lol!

i wont have as far to walk in future , and might even have a small loft on the garage roof if i can get round the mrs ........ lol!
Back to top Go down
halcanada
Youngbird
Youngbird
halcanada

Loft Move  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loft Move    Loft Move  EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 8:35 pm

Cut mine way down. Go in the loft once a day. Snow not deep yet. None today.
Some folks mating up in two weeks. Not me after last years mortality of young.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Loft Move  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loft Move    Loft Move  EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 8:57 pm

im paddling in 5 inch of water around my loft hal ..........cant have another year of that .
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Loft Move  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loft Move    Loft Move  EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 9:20 pm

Probably a good time to move David, we do not get any younger, and if left much longer may be a physical challenge.

Flooding is becoming a major problem and many fanciers must be caught up in the present floods etc; cannot imagine the problems they have.

In our area I have known lofts blown down and fanciers get together and the loft back up in a couple of days.

Maybe an all round beneficial move, hope so.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Loft Move  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loft Move    Loft Move  EmptyWed Nov 20, 2019 10:33 pm

yes i think your right misty, will mean a bit of work and time .......but once its done i should be ok for a few years hopefully .

less birds mean easier / better management, less stress and more time to enjoy them, instead of them being a burden .......which having too many is .
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Loft Move  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loft Move    Loft Move  EmptyThu Nov 21, 2019 7:45 am

it will be hard selecting the 30 birds david but in the end you will feel the benefit,its never nice getting rid of birds ...why don't you get a local hand to help erect the loft ,be all over in a week base and all ….hope it works out well for you ,whats council restrictions for loft height david because in our area its 2.4 metres that's why I had pent roof instead of apex as I like the loft well off the ground due to damp ...we sacrificed the apex roof to have the loft higher off the ground ,only mentioning it as I saw in one post you were thinking of having loft on garage ,if its a goes that would be fantastic Very Happy good luck with the project m8
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Loft Move  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loft Move    Loft Move  EmptyThu Nov 21, 2019 10:28 am

no idea of height restrictions darren, it has never bothered me in previous projects , i am lucky neighbour`s never complain ........theres is at the end of my street a club member who has a very small back garden in a triangle shape, he has had a double decker loft in the small garden for as long as i can remember, must be 30 years or more, and never had a problem..........it is two floors with a tiled apex roof.

i think my initial build will be a basic single story just to get the birds moved into the garden, then i suppose i could build upwards in the future, or if i eventually did decide to race, then build a small loft on top of the garage, but that would be quite a while off if at all .

i think its going to be a one man struggle for dismantling and erecting the loft darren, i suppose thats the result of keeping my self to my self ....... Razz Razz lol!

lifes a struggle, but it gets done eh study study flower
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Loft Move  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loft Move    Loft Move  EmptyThu Nov 21, 2019 9:18 pm

David wrote:
no idea of height restrictions darren, it has never bothered me in previous projects , i am lucky neighbour`s never complain ........theres is at the end of my street a club member who has a very small back garden in a triangle shape, he has had a double decker loft in the small garden for as long as i can remember, must be 30 years or more, and never had a problem..........it is two floors with a tiled apex roof.

i think my initial build will be a basic single story just to get the birds moved into the garden, then i suppose i could build upwards in the future, or if i eventually did decide to race, then build a small loft on top of the garage, but that would be quite a while off if at all .

i think its going to be a one man struggle for dismantling and erecting the loft darren, i suppose thats the result of keeping my self to my self ....... Razz Razz lol!

lifes a struggle, but it gets done eh study study flower
Smile Smile At last, fortunately Very Happy Very Happy thank god  bounce  bounce I've found another one etc Wink Wink that doesn't think it's important to be one/part of the in crowd type of thing, in a pigeon sense Very Happy Very Happy. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Loft Move  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loft Move    Loft Move  EmptyThu Nov 21, 2019 10:08 pm

yes knackered, not my thing fraternising .....i tend not to say much and keep my self to my self, ive always found its the best way .

only problem with that, is theres no one to give a hand if needed ......... Razz Razz Razz cheers lol!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Loft Move  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loft Move    Loft Move  EmptyThu Nov 21, 2019 10:28 pm

David wrote:
yes knackered, not my thing fraternising .....i tend not to say much and keep my self to my self, ive always found its the best way .

only problem with that, is theres no one to give a hand if needed ......... Razz Razz Razz cheers lol!
lol! lol! lol! I'm happy to give you a hand there etc David Very Happy Very Happy that is Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes if a bloke as such, with the shakes, one crap/knackered knee, bad back, half blind & also an asthmatic type, could some how be of use with your wee dilemma in rebuilding Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Loft Move  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loft Move    Loft Move  EmptyFri Nov 22, 2019 10:18 am

You are just pinching all my complaints Knackered, we could always just stand and give verbal encouragement.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Loft Move  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loft Move    Loft Move  EmptyFri Nov 22, 2019 10:24 am

yes misty verbal encouragement might be enough , my main problem will be carrying the 7 x 6 sections about 70ft into the garden......once there i can struggle to put the loft up, but i`ll manage .

watch this space ....... lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Loft Move  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Loft Move    Loft Move  Empty

Back to top Go down

Loft Move
Page 1 of 1