Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Another one quitting. Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:11 am

» Good Morning
Another one quitting. Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:08 am

» Bacon & eggs !!!.
Another one quitting. Emptyby Knackered Today at 2:53 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
Another one quitting. Emptyby David Yesterday at 12:05 pm

» Race Results
Another one quitting. Emptyby oldstrain Yesterday at 10:14 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Another one quitting. Emptyby David Mon May 27, 2024 11:33 am

» PR For Pigeons
Another one quitting. Emptyby David Sun May 26, 2024 8:41 pm

» APHA Forms .......
Another one quitting. Emptyby David Fri May 24, 2024 12:03 pm

» Young Pigeon Fanciers
Another one quitting. Emptyby David Wed May 22, 2024 12:08 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Another one quitting. 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 35 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 35 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Another one quitting. Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Another one quitting. Vote_lcapAnother one quitting. Voting_barAnother one quitting. Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Another one quitting. Vote_lcapAnother one quitting. Voting_barAnother one quitting. Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
    Statistics
    We have 1298 registered users
    The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 223061 messages in 14011 subjects
    Username:
    Password:
    :: I forgot my password
    Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
    Another one quitting. Winnerofwin
    From Fed Topper to Master Chef
    Another one quitting. Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
    Top posters
    David
    oldstrain
    Don Webb
    Knackered
    peel bros
    IANYOUNG
    MISTY
    George & Morgan
    Gaz b
    birdy2011

Another one quitting.

Go down 
    3 posters
    AuthorMessage
    halcanada
    Youngbird
    Youngbird
    halcanada

Another one quitting. Empty
    PostSubject: Another one quitting.   Another one quitting. EmptySat Nov 23, 2019 3:25 pm

Email
    Fellow fanciers;
    My racing days are over.
    I won my first race in 1969 and calling it quits in 2019. There is nothing I have not won or even dreamed about winning, that could still motivate me.

For the last few years I have done little to nothing to help my birds win. Flown natural system with only one toss before the first old bird race. Still winning much more than my share...... I kept my interest by buying and looking for MORE good birds..... It actually created a monster - because I could not test many of these. To be honest I have wasted many pigeons by NOT breeding from them - even though they may have bred winners and top racers....only appreciating that I owned them. It is time for me to share some of these birds and this is your opportunity.

I will be keeping some birds and I may compete in One Loft Races, something I have only rarely competed in. Some very old breeders ( 10 – 17 years old) and some of my 2019 young birds are still here but they can entertain me, flying around home.

My VOS blood has helped me win for nearly 50 years...Jonge Django came to me in 2003 and I consider his influence as important as VOS. I have continued to look for other top pigeons to blend into the family. Only to find myself with more pigeons than I can actually test.

I am drastically cutting down on my pigeons and I will have on offer two groups of 30 birds each, on http://choicepigeon.com/index.php Starting November 24th, for the week and the next starting December 15th. Imports, proven breeders, some of my best racers and a few select young birds - that I believe will become good breeders. I have put some race information on the pedigrees, but it is impossible for me to list the majority of prizes and performances......even though I always preach a PERFORMANCE pedigree is much more important than – Big names and band numbers.

I will do what I can to answer any questions and give advice.
    Tom Makowecki 780 973 3052

Back to top Go down
    David
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    David

PostSubject: Re: Another one quitting.   Another one quitting. EmptySat Nov 23, 2019 4:23 pm

its a dying hobby hal, many a time over the last couple of years ive thought of packing in, if someone had said to me i`ll take them all now, i would have given them the lot, and had no second thoughts about it.

pigeons do become a burden at times, plus with other problems which crop up now and then, little wonder no one new comes into it .
    Back to top Go down
    MISTY
    Oldbird
    Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Another one quitting.   Another one quitting. EmptySat Nov 23, 2019 8:16 pm

Know the feeling David, did exactly that, offered all free all gone within 4 hours.

Could never have seen them go a few at a time.

Heart breaking but as matters progress { going backwards) in the sport the more I feel I did the right thing, could have sold them easily on pedigrees alone never taken money out of the sport( other than enforced ).

Just on reflection we should be very grateful having enjoyed the sports best years, and feel very sad at how it has been let go to the dogs.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
    http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
    David
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    David

PostSubject: Re: Another one quitting.   Another one quitting. EmptySat Nov 23, 2019 8:49 pm

i saw a big difference in pigeon keeping when i came back into the hobby ....i kept them and raced for a few years previously, then packed in around 1986, had a gap away from them until 2008 when i bought 6 pigeons to keep in a small loft.

a lot had changed in that time away, and if i had known this, before i re started i probably wouldnt have bothered.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another one quitting.   Another one quitting. Empty

Back to top Go down

Another one quitting.
    Page 1 of 1