Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Catfish !!!.  Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 9:05 am

» Weather today
Catfish !!!.  Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:42 am

» King removes Patronage
Catfish !!!.  Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
Catfish !!!.  Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Catfish !!!.  Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Catfish !!!.  Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
Catfish !!!.  Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Catfish !!!.  Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
Catfish !!!.  Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Catfish !!!.  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 57 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 57 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Catfish !!!.  Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Catfish !!!.  Vote_lcapCatfish !!!.  Voting_barCatfish !!!.  Vote_rcap 
David
barnie
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222765 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Catfish !!!.  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Catfish !!!.  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Catfish !!!.

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Catfish !!!.  Empty
PostSubject: Catfish !!!.    Catfish !!!.  EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 6:10 am

Sorry Rolling EyesRolling Eyes I'm affraid Very Happy Very Happy but I just I had to tell this tale etc bounce bounce sadly, even if outside of my normal hours here Wink Wink. All comes about Smile Smile because I surf into some strange type places at times via the internet as such Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes & believe it or not Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I finished up in Mississippi land for some strange reason, some how Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes which I'm told  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  is a place you would never wish to live or visit, if wise. Not my words, but it appears the poorest, most corrupt area in the grand old USA at the highest level & teenage pregnancy's come out in the number one spot all up unfortunately for those concerned there & fire flies & mosquitoes are rather big in the annoying stakes because of the many swamps they have. But Smile Smile as one could/would say lol! lol! lol! not all bad etc lol! lol! lol! as catfish are rather big in the money earning scenario for them, coming in at around no 5 from 10 it appears in the money stakes bounce  bounce in bringing in 172 odd million dollars last year for the local economy Smile Smile.   cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Catfish !!!.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catfish !!!.    Catfish !!!.  EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 7:21 am

Would not like eating catfish, me thinks.

Nor attempting to catch them on a 22 hook and half pound line.

Sounds a delightful place otherwise, must save up for a visit.

Regards,
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Catfish !!!.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catfish !!!.    Catfish !!!.  EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 9:11 am

MISTY wrote:
Would not like eating  catfish, me thinks.

Nor attempting to catch them on a 22 hook and half pound line.

Sounds a delightful place otherwise, must save up for a visit.

Regards,
lol! lol! lol! Ring me when you do etc Misty Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes "save up" & I will come with you as such Wink Wink. Now forgot to mention, with poverty I'm affraid comes obesity with all its health issue problems & they are up at the top of the tree in that scenario it sadly appears. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Catfish !!!.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catfish !!!.    Catfish !!!.  EmptyThu Jan 23, 2020 10:16 am

Start saving tonight Knackered, will risk being paid to get out of the pub whilst attempting to sing or being thrown out by scruff of neck.

Known many handicapped people with more sympathy for others less handicapped made me contemplate many facets of human nature.

Complicated and beyond understanding.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Catfish !!!.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catfish !!!.    Catfish !!!.  EmptyFri Jan 24, 2020 12:38 am

MISTY wrote:
Start saving tonight Knackered, will risk being paid to get out of the pub whilst attempting to sing  or being thrown out by scruff of neck.

Known many handicapped people with more sympathy for others less handicapped made me contemplate many facets of human nature.

Complicated and beyond understanding.

Regards.

Ok lol! lol! lol! may just start up an export type business to Mississippi etc Misty Smile Smile to help pay for it all Wink Wink Pigeon sh**e Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes by the boat load lol! lol! lol! for the catfish industry there Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Catfish !!!.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catfish !!!.    Catfish !!!.  EmptyFri Jan 24, 2020 3:54 pm

There was a time when - 1st world War time, - when the ill-fed Londoners started to catch Eels to eat. Until then never thought or heard off. They were regards as nuisances and pain to get the hook out etc.
Now many love the Jellied Eels, especially the Londoners. My Mum and day loved them. Two years ago, I surfed where to buy frozen ones. Found sites with ready to eat, that lasted eatable a couple of weeks after purchase.
Well at the Bird Shows we provided rolls etc. etc. free of charge.
I asked who would like Jellied eels. 80%. Was then suggested for Club meetings instead.- I never did that as the meetings were more than likely to be low attended and I would have had to take some back etc.
Yes, all said 'No worries I'll Be there' etc. But then we hear that most weeks.... and aren't giving a flimsy excuse!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Catfish !!!.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catfish !!!.    Catfish !!!.  EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 12:38 am

Daz wrote:
There was a time when - 1st world War time, - when the ill-fed Londoners started to catch Eels to eat. Until then never thought or heard off. They were regards as nuisances and pain to get the hook out etc.
Now many love the Jellied Eels, especially the Londoners. My Mum and day loved them. Two years ago, I surfed where to buy frozen ones. Found sites with ready to eat, that lasted eatable a couple of weeks after purchase.
Well at the Bird Shows we provided rolls etc. etc. free of charge.
I asked who would like Jellied eels. 80%. Was then suggested for Club meetings instead.- I never did that as the meetings were more than likely to be low attended and I would have had to take some back etc.
Yes, all said 'No worries I'll Be there' etc. But then we hear that most weeks.... and aren't giving a flimsy excuse!
Smile Smile Never tried eels here etc Daz Wink Wink Tripe thou Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad as a young kid bounce bounce left me with a memory I'm affraid of something I wish I could forget, but just carn't type of thing even today here Wink Wink. Now, my old man was a butcher by trade & a drunk to boot & could have bought home for the family the best of meats as such, but it was nothing but tripe, tripe & more tripe unfortunately. End of the day, while he was at work one day, mum packed every thing up & left him so we could go & live by the seaside for some enjoyment in life. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Catfish !!!.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catfish !!!.    Catfish !!!.  EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 9:38 am

Seen jellied eels on sale Daz, never had courage to try them, caught one and attempted to skin it whilst on holiday, made a mess of it but tried to cook what I salvaged, never tried again.

Know some who love them, must be an acquired taste.

As for tripe Knackered, love it, just a bit vinegar on, and away we go, often ask my wife to keep her eye out for some but there appears none about.

Offal a different matter, when helping the butcher kill the pigs turned the intestines inside out and washed them, could never understand anyone contemplating eating them.

Helped the butcher whilst at school to pay for pigeon feed etc;

Oh, HAPPY DAYS.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Catfish !!!.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catfish !!!.    Catfish !!!.  EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 11:29 am

Eels skinned Misty. Flour the eel and cut around the neck, below the head. Then roll down. used to be nailed to the barn door along side the bath tub lol.
My dad used to love jellied eels. Would bring them home from a pub on a Sunday afternoon. Then placed in the bath... No baths till some fellow would come and take them back lol.
Reminds me when I first had ferrets... would catch a rabbit in the flan … then let it go as A. I couldn't kill it, and B. could never eat rabbit as I couldn't get past the smell - Like crabs.
Eventually I would sort and skin a rabbit. Gosh a £1 a time lol.

Liked wood pigeon pie. My favourite pie. But not shot really. Never like the bruises or spitting out the lead pellets. Match used to shoot through the head. Haven't had wood pigeon pie for very many years now.

Time was when wood pigeon youngsters were tied in the nest to a branch and removed when older. Put in a shed and aviary and fed up till later. Would swap pheasants for a pair of wood pigeon.

Ducks caught on a wire etc..
When a kid I used to collect the Moorhen eggs along with ducks/ coots etc. No better egg than a Moorhen's, as every one who has had one will tell you. Would take one, leave one so as they laid 12-13 egg  7 or so were left to hatch and grow of course.

Same as any egg. Sparrow/ Blackbird, and every etc. etc would be blown into a clean cup. If good mix went into a pan for frying!

Mind was a time when ALL eggs
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Catfish !!!.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catfish !!!.    Catfish !!!.  EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 1:26 pm

By gum, good times Daz.

Seems we have shared many experiences.

Always had ferrets since a youngster for rabbiting with purse nets, last one about 6 years ago when we decided not to get another one, never fed as many did meat etc; only bred and milk until we caught rabbits then the liver etc;

My grandad would eat anything I caught and would turn in heaven if he knew some of the things I caught and he ate.

Started with a catapult then progressed to a gun, know it was wrong, but when young I would shoot anything that moved and some times some that did not.

Still have two guns but would never use them now.

Always kept poultry Hens and bantams until recently until the management got too demanding, never short of fresh eggs.

Kept cockerels for Xmas.

Kept many different wild birds as well as my main love, our feathered friends.

Was going to try putting a pair of my pigeon eggs in a wood pigeons nest ringing the youngsters and letting them bring the young up but never got round to it.

As you Daz, I could wright a book but some would not believe the escapades involved.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Catfish !!!.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catfish !!!.    Catfish !!!.  EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 10:54 pm

MISTY wrote:
Seen jellied eels on sale Daz, never had courage to try them, caught one and attempted  to skin it whilst on holiday, made a mess of it but tried  to cook what I salvaged, never tried again.

Know some who love them, must be an acquired taste.

As for tripe Knackered, love it, just a bit vinegar on, and away we go, often ask my wife to keep her eye out for some but there appears none about.

Offal a different matter, when helping the butcher kill the pigs turned the intestines inside out and washed them, could never understand anyone contemplating eating them.

Helped the butcher whilst at school to pay for pigeon feed etc;

Oh, HAPPY DAYS.

Regards.
Why oh why Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad do you old folk here etc Wink Wink keep bringing up I'm  affraid bad memory's for me as such bounce bounce of things like offal/tripe & the barnardee boy period in a local sense. As bad as things were on the tripe/offal scenario for myself & my family, what went on for my next door neighbour here for many years when he was young him being as Barnardee boy type is all true as Daz has posted by our long conversations together over time. Catholic church & the like Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes should hang their heads in shame, find a large log  & never bother coming out again from my experience/perspective Smile Smile. cheers flower afro
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Catfish !!!.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catfish !!!.    Catfish !!!.  EmptySat Jan 25, 2020 11:17 pm

MISTY wrote:
By gum, good times Daz.

Seems we have shared many experiences.

Always had ferrets since a youngster for rabbiting with purse nets, last one about 6 years ago when we decided not to get another one, never fed as many did meat etc; only bred and milk until we caught  rabbits then the liver etc;

My grandad would eat anything I caught and would turn in heaven if he knew some of  the things I caught and he ate.

Started with a catapult then progressed to a gun, know it was wrong, but when young I would shoot anything that moved and some times some that did not.

Still have two guns but would never use them now.

Always kept poultry Hens and bantams until recently until the management got too demanding, never short of fresh eggs.

Kept cockerels for Xmas.

Kept many different wild birds as well as my main love, our feathered friends.

Was going to try putting a pair of my pigeon eggs in a wood pigeons nest ringing the youngsters and letting them bring the young up but never got round to it.

As you Daz, I could wright a book but some would not believe the escapades involved.

Regards.

True Smile Smile Good times etc bounce bounce but so different to what people think is normal by today's standard Misty I suggest. Knew a young bloke (little fat kid) Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy had a magic easy/way of collecting birds eggs out of trees type of thing (put them all in his mouth) trouble was Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes lol! lol! lol! he also had a bad, bad habit/trait I'm affraid built up over many years, of falling out of trees, when collecting them for some strange reason Wink Wink. End of the day thou Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I suspect he was just plain dumb lol! lol! lol! sadly, as he has had a life time of keeping pigeons also Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Catfish !!!.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catfish !!!.    Catfish !!!.  EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 12:00 pm

Yes fed Bread and milk .. cleaned out a lot, but never when there was youngsters.
Made my own Flan / purse net... thought only the other day I had forgotten how to make them. Mind give a 3/4 to a inch wooden square and I bet I would soon pick it up again.
There was a time when one could buy/ rent really I guess a mile of railway line/ to ferret. The burrowing was a nuisance...

then it was big time. Take orders and arrange meet at the Local Windmill club.
Would flan the holes... Bolts holes were really just a hole near to get out lol. Before dusk. This meant those going out were caught. Off course once one was caught that hole was useless till covered again. This meant catching those returning... again far from all. Took over 2 hundred over 2 days. Dug trench, not a hole, lol to bury the inners. Had good poles to carry back to the van. So was over a evening, night and early morning. Some times gills ferrets were put in at ends, odd one was lost for a few days unfortunately. Then a irritable old buck would be entered, that drove the female ferrets.

Later I found a more simpler way for myself.
I'd find, know a small burrow, often around light bushes. Never got a dog to 'Crown' if and where they were. But making a racket I walk around the area. then close in the holes... mad if and when I missed one lol. Then Take my coat of and listen near centre point. the earth would be fairly light and dry. With a trowel or hand would remove earth till seeing a rabbit. Would take out and bung the coat in. Do the honours. then coat out same again. Often getting good results. No ferret or dog. But a dog to 'Crown' was a blessing to many.
Funnily enough, a Fellow I knew, I was great friends with his son, a gamekeeper, who had a sausage dog crossed with a Corgi. It was brill. Entering or crowning.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Catfish !!!.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catfish !!!.    Catfish !!!.  EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 2:24 pm

Always had a collar on one ferret Daz, if rabbits were backed up on a dead end, there could be a few rabbits involved, you could dig them out.

Also used long nets on a night on the odd occasion when invited by a friend , never enjoyed long netting.

Had some land I had permission on but also did my share of poaching.

Had permission on the York railway lines, hundreds of rabbits both on railway sides and the land either side.

All gone, never see a rabbit in some areas once abundant with them.

I often go for a drive with my wife through the country side that used to be abundant with rabbits, hares and numerous other animals and birds, the only thing we see is the odd crow or magpie.

Earlier in the year we did see hundreds of pheasants recently released with many dead on the road having been run over.

Later a shooting party blasting the pet pheasants, some people have strange ideas regarding sport.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
halcanada80
Hatchling
Hatchling

Catfish !!!.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catfish !!!.    Catfish !!!.  EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 5:04 pm

Myxamotosis killed them if I remember.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Catfish !!!.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catfish !!!.    Catfish !!!.  EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 6:32 pm

Yes Hal, it did kill a lot off in a manner those responsible should be ashamed of, you could see them in diabolical states, eyes and everything bloated, all over the place.

They did make a come back but not to the original numbers.

However, there seems to be some reason why they have disappeared in many places where they were previously abundant.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Catfish !!!.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catfish !!!.    Catfish !!!.  EmptySun Jan 26, 2020 11:37 pm

MISTY wrote:
Yes Hal, it did kill a lot off in a manner those responsible should be ashamed of, you could see them in diabolical states, eyes and everything bloated, all over the place.

They did make a come back but not to the original numbers.

However, there seems to be some reason why they have disappeared in many places where they were previously abundant.

Regards.
Like mice they were down here in a bygone era etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes fill a fence a mile long bounce bounce with bodies & you still would have to find another one & another one Wink Wink. Now  Smile  Smile start talking about Catfish  lol!  lol!  lol! & some how they then turn into rabbits as such. So  lol!  lol!  lol! rabbits, now become tripe/offal/tennis  Wink  Wink as I know well the difference between them all. Tripe got that bad here for us kids (4 to 7 x 4) mum started making it in batter for the family which was all ok for my dad etc, until  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad he sussed what mum was actually doing for us kids to take the pain away at meal time, as she was just giving us all plain batter as such & she payed a terrible price for doing it unfortunately with the final outcome being, shortly after she just up & left with us kids to live by the sea side for the enjoyment factor. Now  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad the offal scenario  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes on my patch at the time, river to river there was only one major industry in town, a big one & it was run by my bosses father then when I was an apprentice & family being family we did all the maintenance work there no matter what it was  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad in fact, one could say I spent half my time there to a degree unfortunately & the only thing that made it some what bearable is that & senior pigeon flyer of the day worked there. So  Smile  Smile about this stage I suspect  Wink  Wink people are thinking I suspect what was it. Well it was one stinking, stinking type place that had vats/tubs/baths of offal, lined up end on end for a 100 odd yards going through different type process's to finally come out as tennis strings for tennis rackets, mainly. Final work  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes if things get that bad  bounce  bounce & you have the choice between being a dunny man type of old  Wink  Wink & working in an offal factory, become a dunny man every time I suggest from my experience in a local sense  Wink  Wink.  cheers
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Catfish !!!.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catfish !!!.    Catfish !!!.  EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 11:05 am

Yes, but we wasn't allowed to dig the railway lines for obvious reasons... same reason as to why they wanted the rabbits cleared.
Yes myxy was a devastating cause... wouldn't have been put down though if it harmed any game 'Shooting Targets'!

Mind it affected the eyes and sexual parts... Many I know would pick one up and still eat them! Looked terrible they did too. But they said the parts affect we wouldn't eat anyway!

Illegal to put down now for quite a number of years. Mind still legal to buy and store … 40 galleon drum sized. Know some farmer s that still buy it .. updated version...

I thought it was invented in Australia Knackered?!
Was a time when poacher were took court for rabbit poaching! Then, as it was classed as vermin, one couldn't be done for poaching rabbits... So they brought out a new name 'Coney' Then one was done for 'Being in search of Coney. Drat
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Catfish !!!.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catfish !!!.    Catfish !!!.  EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 7:34 pm

Daz wrote:
Yes, but we wasn't allowed to dig the railway lines for obvious reasons... same reason as to why they wanted the rabbits cleared.
Yes myxy was a devastating cause... wouldn't have been put down though if it harmed any game 'Shooting Targets'!

Mind it affected the eyes and sexual parts... Many I know would pick one up and still eat them! Looked terrible they did too. But they said the parts affect we wouldn't eat anyway!

Illegal to put down now for quite a number of years. Mind still legal to buy and store … 40 galleon drum sized. Know some farmer s that still buy it .. updated version...

I thought it was invented in Australia Knackered?!
Was a time when poacher were took court for rabbit poaching! Then, as it was classed as vermin, one couldn't be done for poaching rabbits... So they brought out a new name 'Coney'  Then one was done for 'Being in search of Coney. Drat
Could be so Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Daz Smile Smile haven't done a Google etc  Wink  Wink lol! lol! lol! so will take your word as such. Do know thou bounce bounce rabbits here were in their millions & millions & the destruction they caused cost millions & millions in dollar terms to the general landscape of our country. End of the day, today most wouldn't know what rabbit tastes like to eat & the closet they get to seeing one is in a fancy type magazine asking for donations to help save them from extinction Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Catfish !!!.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catfish !!!.    Catfish !!!.  EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 10:03 pm

Believe Daz is right that the decease virus was manufactured in Australia.

I know there was a public outcry here at one time when people saw rabbits in many places struggling to move, in a horrible state.

No animal should have been subjected to such treatment.

As for eating rabbits, prior to the mixi problem we rarely did not have rabbit stew on the go.

When the treatment stopped some rabbits did survive, I believe by living above ground.

The general opinion regarding eating them after some survived was, if there was white spots in the liver do not eat.

Never had a wild one since.

Tried one bred for the market, taste not the same, never bothered since.

Good job they did not kill them off in my teens and shortly after or my meat intake would have suffered considerably, as would many of my friends.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Catfish !!!.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catfish !!!.    Catfish !!!.  EmptyTue Jan 28, 2020 11:18 am

Never ate any rabbit. Chew a sliver to try twice. Once when a kid, and once when wife took one freshly skinned etc. and cooked it. Half a bite and that was it. I just can't get past the smell.
Beside the quid was needed lol.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Catfish !!!.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catfish !!!.    Catfish !!!.  EmptyTue Jan 28, 2020 8:12 pm

The name of the food made from the intestines I believe was chitterlings, Knackered, considered a delicacy by the insane.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Catfish !!!.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catfish !!!.    Catfish !!!.  EmptyTue Jan 28, 2020 11:10 pm

MISTY wrote:
The name of the food made from the intestines I believe was chitterlings, Knackered, considered a delicacy by the insane.

Regards.

Maybe so Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes but times have changed I feel Wink Wink thankfully & implying some one is maybe insane/spastic is from a by gone era now Smile  Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Catfish !!!.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catfish !!!.    Catfish !!!.  EmptyWed Jan 29, 2020 8:00 am

Wrong choice of word in this day and age Knackered I agree and apologise.

No one more concerned for anyone suffering any kind of actual illness than myself having been associated with many so suffering.

Should have said those with a peculiar sense of taste.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Catfish !!!.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catfish !!!.    Catfish !!!.  EmptyWed Jan 29, 2020 11:48 am

Bill used to love nibbling the meat off the cheek. Another Bill loved the eyes...

Like the birds eaten. Linnets etc. netted off the ivy. Others caught by long nets holstered.
The Rhyme '4 and 20 Blackbirds' is how many used... Rooks were the favourite and best.
Had a neighbour that had Rook Pie twice a year. Including his Xmas dinner. Could one get a tiny taste? Not every happened... even his flat mate.
Was a time, back in the late 50's when I went to my favourite fields. Must have been 15 - 20 more shooting the nests and the Rooks Killing the young ... The old fallen ones were collected to be eaten!
Now back to the neighbour of mine, another neighbour and his mate or two went shooting them for him … Must have cost a fortune in cartridges - and ruined a lot of the flesh I'd wager.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Catfish !!!.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catfish !!!.    Catfish !!!.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Catfish !!!.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Racing Pigeons,Show & Fancy Pigeons :: General Pigeon News :: Weather-
Jump to: