Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» King removes Patronage
walkers couriers Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:21 pm

» Good Morning
walkers couriers Emptyby David Yesterday at 5:50 pm

» Weather today
walkers couriers Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:20 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
walkers couriers Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
walkers couriers Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» escaped birds return
walkers couriers Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
walkers couriers Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
walkers couriers Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
walkers couriers Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) walkers couriers 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 63 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 63 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.walkers couriers Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
walkers couriers Vote_lcapwalkers couriers Voting_barwalkers couriers Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222738 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
walkers couriers Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
walkers couriers Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

walkers couriers

Go down 
+3
David
Don Webb
oldstrain
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

walkers couriers Empty
PostSubject: walkers couriers   walkers couriers EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 12:01 pm

cant get hold of anyone at walkers it says on the message all non essential drivers sent home due to goverment guidelines ...hope they pick up wednesday Suspect i know theres more important issues at the moment but i am responsible for our entries ,just keeping you guys in the picture ,it may still be ok but nobody in at there office is a bit worrying as i am sure they work from home ...if i dont get a call tomorrow with a time i really dont know what to do as my driver who has taken me up last 2 years is on a 12 week lockdown my wife wont be able to drive there and back her limit is about 30 minutes in a car due to her ailments/back/spine its a 4 hour round trip ...lets hope walkers come good its all booked and paid for but never received an e-mail from them Suspect we booked in last wednesday with them
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

walkers couriers Empty
PostSubject: Re: walkers couriers   walkers couriers EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 2:00 pm

. Question
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

walkers couriers Empty
PostSubject: Re: walkers couriers   walkers couriers EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 2:03 pm

Thanks for the update Daz

You have done you best mate but with the current situation there is nothing else you can do

Just a thought Daz have you rang Jeremy he may be able to help, he may even be able to give you an insight off his current situation and if this years RPRA OLR is still going to go ahead

JMO mate good luck
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

walkers couriers Empty
PostSubject: Re: walkers couriers   walkers couriers EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 3:05 pm

spoken several times don he does not know neither do rpra know anything other than birds must be taken by a courier to the one loft ... Question i have done all i can and theres not alot i can do if they dont have the answers or if walkers have nobody covering there office ,will try again in the morning as i said it was all booked last wednesday and paid for and has been taken from our account,maybe i am flapping but £625 rides on this so have good cause ,walkers are by far the best couriers in the uk just hope they turn up ...i will be home all day wednesday which is the date for pick up ,will fill in the pedigrees tomorrow evening after i select our 5 ...i have a good idea whats going already of course ,all have been eating and drinking well and only feeding big stuff so they will get their fill at the one loft Wink fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

walkers couriers Empty
PostSubject: Re: walkers couriers   walkers couriers EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 3:31 pm

hopefully they will collect the birds which are booked in and paid for darren, then this might be the last for a while.......hopefully they will fulfill their obligations .
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

walkers couriers Empty
PostSubject: Re: walkers couriers   walkers couriers EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 3:42 pm

hope yer right david ,i am sure they will Basketball
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

walkers couriers Empty
PostSubject: Re: walkers couriers   walkers couriers EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 4:58 pm

Irrespective of any other consideration oldstrain, as usual you have done everything possible for the syndicate within your capabilities for which I am sure every member appreciates.

One could not ask for more.

Think the powers that be will have little or no interest in our sport.

Just hope at some point we get some return for all your efforts.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

walkers couriers Empty
PostSubject: Re: walkers couriers   walkers couriers EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 5:50 pm

What will be, will be. Nothing more you can do and we know you have done your best to sort this. Walkers aren't just a courier service for pigeons, they will probably be obliged to transport things a lot more essential than pigeons at the moment.

Don't fret on it Darren, I imagine many fanciers are in the same situation trying to get pigeons there, for a race that is very unlikely to take place anyway. Thanks for what you have done, everyone appreciates what you done pal
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

walkers couriers Empty
PostSubject: Re: walkers couriers   walkers couriers EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 6:05 pm

thanks lads much appreciated ...atb
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

walkers couriers Empty
PostSubject: Re: walkers couriers   walkers couriers EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 6:08 pm

There is another way of looking at it oldstrain.

If they stay with you, you know they are the best pairings and they may have a very good future with you.

Trouble is it is too muddled at the moment to try to rationalise anything.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

walkers couriers Empty
PostSubject: Re: walkers couriers   walkers couriers EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 7:51 pm

thing is, if the one loft doesnt go ahead, our syndicate could be out of business ......all our money "stolen" Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

walkers couriers Empty
PostSubject: Re: walkers couriers   walkers couriers EmptyMon Mar 30, 2020 10:12 pm

oldstrain wrote:
spoken several times don he does not know neither do rpra know anything other than birds must be taken by a courier to the one loft ... Question i have done all i can and theres not alot i can do if they dont have the answers or if walkers have nobody covering there office ,will try again in the morning as i said it was all booked last wednesday and paid for and has been taken from our account,maybe i am flapping but £625 rides on this so have good cause ,walkers are by far the best couriers in the uk just hope they turn up ...i will be home all day wednesday which is the date for pick up ,will fill in the pedigrees tomorrow evening after i select our 5 ...i have a good idea whats going already of course ,all have been eating and drinking well and only feeding big stuff so they will get their fill at the one loft Wink fingers crossed

No worries Daz you have done your best mate nothing else can be done fingers crossed Wednesday the birds are picked up
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

walkers couriers Empty
PostSubject: Re: walkers couriers   walkers couriers EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 12:31 pm

Having read all the latest, it would appear they are playing it in short periods depending on the outcome of present restrictions.

Maybe things will improve (hope so) and some racing can take place, on the other hand if they keep just up dating a few weeks at a time no one can plan anything.

Typical RPRA.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

walkers couriers Empty
PostSubject: Re: walkers couriers   walkers couriers EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 12:54 pm

cant see any racing at all now lmo sorry to put a dampener on it but just cant see it ,goverment are already sending signals for a 6 month lockdown which takes us to september so game over i am afraid ,whether they auction ybs or race them as yearlings is another matter but a auction is unlikely as fanciers would not be able to obtain there purchase but one thing is for sure we will lose out as un-raced birds wont fetch much dosh and there wont be the appetite for bidding either imo...for me the rpra should have cancelled but of course they were never going to do that and lose £187,000 so they have carved alot of fanciers up and talk about bite the hand that feeds you,its enough to make you think "is it all worth it racing pigeons with the rpra" i have had years of keeping pigeons and breeding un-rung ybs and just tossing them myself for fun i even used to put them on a club training wagon and plenty enjoyment was had...i may revert to those days if the rpra dont play the game Smile pirat pirat anyway off to make the final selection of our 5 entries in readiness for there journey tomorrow and fill out the pedigrees this evening atb lads
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

walkers couriers Empty
PostSubject: Re: walkers couriers   walkers couriers EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 1:28 pm

Know how you must feel, but if they are still accepting young ones and you do not send them by closing date they will blame you.

Think that is why they are still accepting youngsters.

Said for over 45 years the RPRA is useless run by a clique of selfish individuals to pit it mildly.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

walkers couriers Empty
PostSubject: Re: walkers couriers   walkers couriers EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 1:54 pm

It's not just the race to organise, it's the training and hotspots too.
If still locked down in June into July then unlikely any one loft race will take place.

When really big money events like Olympics, Euro championship football, horse racing and so on are all cancelled realistically will pigeon racing even be considered?
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

walkers couriers Empty
PostSubject: Re: walkers couriers   walkers couriers EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 4:21 pm

Don't lose to much sleep over this daz as you have done your best as always if the birds can't get collected then so be it and the syndicate will have to put it down to experience talking the current situation the Rpra might refund our money or give everyone automatic places next year
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

walkers couriers Empty
PostSubject: Re: walkers couriers   walkers couriers EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 6:02 pm

walkers just phoned and they be here between 3-5 pm tomorrow which is mucking fagic cheers it means less time for the birds in transit and i can get a feed into them around midday and within 24 hrs they be there for there next one...thanks walkers even in these times they never let us down king
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

walkers couriers Empty
PostSubject: Re: walkers couriers   walkers couriers EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 7:55 pm

Yes a big thank you to walkers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

walkers couriers Empty
PostSubject: Re: walkers couriers   walkers couriers EmptyTue Mar 31, 2020 8:48 pm

markevans wrote:
Yes a big thank you to walkers
Another little box ticked I would say/suggest etc Mark Smile Smile thanks to O/S bounce  bounce & on what appears maybe, will just be a long journey perhaps Smile Smile before the final, final out come here for many. cheers & take care.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

walkers couriers Empty
PostSubject: Re: walkers couriers   walkers couriers EmptyWed Apr 01, 2020 8:53 am

great news darren, main thing is they will get there, so whatever happens regarding racing / refund etc, we will be part of it .

which 5 ybs did you decide of sending ....?
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

walkers couriers Empty
PostSubject: Re: walkers couriers   walkers couriers EmptyWed Apr 01, 2020 10:25 am

if i get time i will take a pic b4 they leave .but they have already been on the forum..all blues and frans zwols ,all bred from parents breeding winners for me here
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

walkers couriers Empty
PostSubject: Re: walkers couriers   walkers couriers EmptyWed Apr 01, 2020 4:42 pm

oldstrain wrote:
walkers just phoned and they be here between 3-5 pm tomorrow which is mucking fagic cheers it means less time for the birds in transit and i can get a feed into them around midday and within 24 hrs they be there for there next one...thanks walkers even in these times they never let us down king

Brilliant news Daz well please for you and the work you have put in to making sure we are apart of the RPRA OLR cheers cheers cheers

Now if I was you when they have been collected get the kettle on and make a well earned brew

Thanks again for breeding the pigeons Daz and fingers crossed they can all make the final race.

Good luck everyone and thanks again Daz
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

walkers couriers Empty
PostSubject: Re: walkers couriers   walkers couriers EmptyWed Apr 01, 2020 5:35 pm

thanks don...walkers left here about 30 minutes ago with 5 ybs ,hate seeing the babies leave but its my job and the name of the game ...i have sent 5 from my most tested and successful breeders ,it was not a easy choice to make but felt that tried and tested was the way to go atb
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

walkers couriers Empty
PostSubject: Re: walkers couriers   walkers couriers EmptyWed Apr 01, 2020 5:48 pm

oldstrain wrote:
thanks don...walkers left here about 30 minutes ago with 5 ybs ,hate seeing the babies leave but its my job and the name of the game ...i have sent 5 from my most tested and successful breeders ,it was not a easy choice to make but felt that tried and tested was the way to go atb

Thanks again Daz cheers cheers cheers cheers

Get the photos on here
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

walkers couriers Empty
PostSubject: Re: walkers couriers   walkers couriers Empty

Back to top Go down

walkers couriers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next