Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Training Today  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:44 am

» Good Morning
Training Today  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:42 am

» King removes Patronage
Training Today  Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:21 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Training Today  Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Training Today  Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» escaped birds return
Training Today  Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
Training Today  Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Training Today  Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
Training Today  Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Training Today  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 65 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 64 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Training Today  Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Training Today  Vote_lcapTraining Today  Voting_barTraining Today  Vote_rcap 
David
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222740 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Training Today  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Training Today  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Training Today

Go down 
+3
MISTY
oldstrain
David
7 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Training Today  Empty
PostSubject: Training Today    Training Today  EmptyWed May 13, 2020 10:50 am

seen quite a few videos on the internet today, fanciers straight out training their birds ...........couldnt wait.

lets hope boris`s relaxed "rules / advise" doesnt backfire on us all , and the numbers shoot up ........ Suspect Suspect study
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Training Today  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Today    Training Today  EmptyWed May 13, 2020 11:11 am

crazy some just cant wait eh ...anyway got to dash lol! lol! lol! seriously though this season cannot be taken seriously now with all the aggro and absentees ,i will be happy to just get some club training from race points i wont be bothering with a clock ,just basket night will do me ...wont be training anything just yet either until i know when we will go to a racepoint ,besides all flew either yb or ob programme last year anyway to 300 miles and are loft flying well ,so no need to rush down the road just yet ,if i do at all ...lost interest with racing with all thats going on ,neighbours wife passed with covid and my sister was at hospital with it as she is a carer but she has come through it ok thank goodness,far more important things to worry about than pigeons atb pirat pirat
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Training Today  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Today    Training Today  EmptyWed May 13, 2020 11:52 am

glad your sister is on the mend now darren, we dont realise the reality of it until we experience it first hand .

just got a text off club sec saying we can train, first and only contact ive had from him for 8 weeks ............never kept me or anyone else that i know up to date with any news, pretty useless really i reckon.

good job i already had my source for getting info, i didnt need him ........ Suspect
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Training Today  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Today    Training Today  EmptyWed May 13, 2020 12:49 pm

Glad your sister is alright oldstrain a constant worry for those who have family and friends in places more expose to the problem.

Good to have some better pigeon news as long as it does not go belly up.

Think it is a real test as to what the next step should be.

Lets hope they come up with a vaccine or better treatment in the near future do not think it is going to go away in a hurry.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Training Today  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Today    Training Today  EmptyWed May 13, 2020 1:10 pm

laws of probability says we will all get it eventually misty ............
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Training Today  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Today    Training Today  EmptyWed May 13, 2020 1:26 pm

You could be right David.

Had it been left to run riot without any intervention at all it would have worked out as everything has done in nature that has been left to nature.

The survival of the fittest, all would get it, some would survive, and then eventually develop immunity to the problem and breed their like.

In the long run the probability is that those who are not receiving medication in certain parts of the world will in fact do just that.

Sad situation all round, for myself I have had a good run it is the young that I feel sorry for.

Although looking at the world, is there any prospect of any decent future for anyone?.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Training Today  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Today    Training Today  EmptyThu May 14, 2020 8:53 pm

I believe seriously, that many will benefit from not racing, and even training. youngsters - as I've often said. But they will say 'Gosh, how much better would I have done hammering them up the road'!
Will have a few more birds to 'Play' with granted... most like then the losses next season will be more than twice as than usual.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Training Today  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Today    Training Today  EmptyFri May 15, 2020 6:23 am

Getting worried, hope you are all OK and just enjoying a bit of freedom.

Do not tire the pigeons out.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Training Today  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Today    Training Today  EmptyFri May 15, 2020 9:56 am

birds are exercising well around the loft to be fair ...cocks are going out twice a day doing about 45 mins each time and hens are out for about 3 hours when cocks are sitting ...ybs out on a evening ,its all go bounce bounce bounce soon enough we will exercise hens and ybs together
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

Training Today  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Today    Training Today  EmptyFri May 15, 2020 3:34 pm

starting tomorrow, weather permitting
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Training Today  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Today    Training Today  EmptyFri May 15, 2020 8:24 pm

Back to the grind stone peel bros and lets hope things go well and is not ruined by some idiots.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Training Today  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Today    Training Today  EmptyFri May 15, 2020 8:37 pm

i know the rpra have said training can start, but any info on actual racing ...?
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

Training Today  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Today    Training Today  EmptyFri May 15, 2020 9:00 pm

Worcester fed start on the 6th June from bath just had the revised program come this morning
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Training Today  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Today    Training Today  EmptyFri May 15, 2020 9:19 pm

whats the procedure regarding basketing mark, will pubs etc be open to mark and basket the birds ......and how will rules be over members distancing ?
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

Training Today  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Today    Training Today  EmptyFri May 15, 2020 10:05 pm

Got to start because they will say bang , racing next week then we are all knackered. Better to be safe than sorry
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

Training Today  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Today    Training Today  EmptyFri May 15, 2020 10:15 pm

Theirs quite a lot but its something like a his you have to have one main marker with three others all have to be under 70 with no underlying problems they have to use face masks and gloves two designated basket areas one with birds in and one for empty baskets that have been sprayed and clocks cleaned soap and water to wash your hands anyone over 70 with health problems must not come to the club and try and get a club member to collect their birds if not possible stay in the car at the club the club has to be registered with the club name number and the four markers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Training Today  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Today    Training Today  EmptyFri May 15, 2020 10:36 pm

Sounds a bit complicated Mark but if all work together and keep to the rules there will be racing which at one time looked doubtful.

Sure the sensible will keep the possible trouble makers in check.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Training Today  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Today    Training Today  EmptyFri May 15, 2020 10:57 pm

certainly does sound complicated .........most of our club members are elderly, im one of the youngest but even i have underlying health issues, so its not looking good .

i reckon most pigeon men are either elderly or have underlying health issues, so its going to be a funny old season ahead ........
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Training Today  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Today    Training Today  EmptySat May 16, 2020 2:03 am

markevans wrote:
Theirs quite a lot but its something like a his you have to have one main marker with three others all have to be under 70 with no underlying problems they have to use face masks and gloves two designated basket areas one with birds in and one for empty baskets that have been sprayed and clocks cleaned soap and water to wash your hands anyone over 70 with health problems must not come to the club and try and get a club member to collect their birds if not possible stay in the car at the club the club has to be registered with the club name number and the four markers
For me etc here Mark Wink Wink that's politician type speel etc & just read off a cue board, to keep everyone happy as such. Boris has started lifting restrictions to appease normal type folk bounce bounce but he hasn't done any thing to bring the corona virus issue under control for what I see under his watch as such. Interesting times ahead, maybe Smile Smile. cheers & take care.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Training Today  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Today    Training Today  EmptySat May 16, 2020 12:27 pm

no racing for anyone has been confirmed by rpra ....its a protracted start date if the goverment go into phase 2 of lifting restrictions the only thing confirmed is that you can train and take 1 other persons pigeons with you ,theres not even any club training at present for anyone ...best we can hope for is end of june racing jmo
Back to top Go down
markevans
Youngbird
Youngbird
markevans

Training Today  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Today    Training Today  EmptySat May 16, 2020 12:46 pm

Cocks had their first training toss this morning hens go this afternoon same tomorrow
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Training Today  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Today    Training Today  EmptySat May 16, 2020 1:05 pm

Well fishing has started. Mate next door, a keen fisherman, told me that they had to abide by the 'Distancing' when going to their spot to fish.
Must stay about 50 yards or more away from any one else. That all cars must be single travellers.

That no contests or such allowed.

Well that's some thing.

Mind, Like Old Strain, it will be two weeks or more, after parliament is filled regularly, before I step out … Especially needlessly!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Training Today  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Today    Training Today  Empty

Back to top Go down

Training Today
Page 1 of 1