Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
No young birds 2021 - Page 3 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:17 am

» Good Morning
No young birds 2021 - Page 3 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:16 am

» Gst Filing Consultants In Chennai
No young birds 2021 - Page 3 Emptyby tharunjohar50 Today at 7:16 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
No young birds 2021 - Page 3 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
No young birds 2021 - Page 3 Emptyby David Yesterday at 4:53 pm

» SEO Company in Chennai
No young birds 2021 - Page 3 Emptyby tharunjohar50 Yesterday at 11:37 am

» escaped birds return
No young birds 2021 - Page 3 Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
No young birds 2021 - Page 3 Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
No young birds 2021 - Page 3 Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) No young birds 2021 - Page 3 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 79 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 79 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.No young birds 2021 - Page 3 Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
No young birds 2021 - Page 3 Vote_lcapNo young birds 2021 - Page 3 Voting_barNo young birds 2021 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
No young birds 2021 - Page 3 Vote_lcapNo young birds 2021 - Page 3 Voting_barNo young birds 2021 - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
tharunjohar50
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222733 messages in 14004 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
No young birds 2021 - Page 3 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
No young birds 2021 - Page 3 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

No young birds 2021

Go down 
+6
Daz
peel bros
Knackered
David
barnie
Boosey
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

No young birds 2021 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: No young birds 2021   No young birds 2021 - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 1:25 pm

Believe me, when you do not get the results you feel you deserve it will be more often than not nothing to do with your lack of commitment and effort but bad luck and unknown circumstances.

It is an unfortunate fact that ones best efforts can be derailed by circumstances beyond our knowledge or understanding.

There is also the fact that if every one only got satisfaction when winning there would be a vast majority of fanciers having a bad weekend throughout the racing season, and apparently wasting their time.

Admire your dedication but if you do your best there is little else you can do to offset the imponderables.

Just hope you have a good season, things appear to be looking up.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: No young birds 2021   No young birds 2021 - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 2:10 pm

I agree and understand that ray. It is how you achieve your pleasure and enjoyment. fair play to you.
Others get their enjoyment etc in other ways. Like me etc.
Whatever way one goes for and accepts it, all have knocks and set backs. that is part and parcel to the hobby.
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: No young birds 2021   No young birds 2021 - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 4:59 pm

peel bros wrote:
Yes definitely each to their own   totally but we love winning which some can't understand and yes we get angry on a Saturday if birds don't preform but thats the standard we have set ourselves.. I think the anger is just because of the hard work we put in to be disappointed on race day , especially with a big team we should never be far away which normally we are up there, its when miles behind with gets us

Ray you got to remember you're not flying against mugs, top competition there trying to win every week too. Don't be too hard on yourselves just keep doing what you need to do for the next week.
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: No young birds 2021   No young birds 2021 - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 7:34 pm

Thats what motivates us , those top men . We want to beat them and I am being totally honest here I love to upset them on Saturday when we beat them because most of the time they think they have beat you . Now over the years I think we have gained respect by flying ok .  Considering the circumstances I think we do ok , we don't sell birds to fund our bills which comes out of our own hard earned wages , the top men sell a 100 ybs which pays for their season , we haven't the contacts they have we have to do our homework to buy in the best we can . We don't swap ybs with anyone like they do which again doesn't technically cost them . We don't get to know about the new meds that come on the market until a year or two later or the new super breeds that come out . So thats why we love beating them when we do
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: No young birds 2021   No young birds 2021 - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 8:34 pm

There is no doubt the ordinary fancier is handicapped from day one.

A you say those with money and connections who help each other in every way, exchanging pigeons ,in with the studs who give them of their best (to try out) the specific commercial bods give them products to advertise even if they never use them and actually are  bad for the birds health, and as you say sell off every bird in the loft some probably returned in boxes from races etc;

You only have to see  them in the BHW standing in front of a 200 yard long  loft  holding maybe one of a few good pigeons grins from ear to ear thinking we will make a killing selling all those off the rubbish.

Prices paid in the auctions for some of these pigeons from one loft is more than a back garden fancier earns in a year to both keep his/her family.

There is no fairness in our sport from any angle you just have to engage in the manner that suits you, and I admire one who wants to take these advantge takers on.

I did it my way and beat them as often as they beat me.

Few but quality, healthy, happy pigeons, wanting to get back as soon as possible with little or no artificial means just taking advantage of the  love of the life they had.

There are many roads to Rome and it is up to the individual the route they take and the more enjoyable it is to you the better and nothing to do with anyone else with anyone else.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: No young birds 2021   No young birds 2021 - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 9:55 pm

We have always been competitive my brother and I, we where brought up like that . He is actually worse than me and I.m bad lol. So you can imagine what we are like on Saturday when racing but that's our life racing pigeons. If it wasn't for my family I would probably be worse again . Its them that keep me on my feet so to speak because I would live at my allotment so I could spend more time there
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: No young birds 2021   No young birds 2021 - Page 3 EmptyThu Dec 03, 2020 10:05 pm

MISTY wrote:
There is no doubt the ordinary fancier is handicapped from day one.

A you say those with money and connections who help each other in every way, exchanging pigeons ,in with the studs who give them of their best (to try out) the specific commercial bods give them products to advertise even if they never use them and actually are  bad for the birds health, and as you say sell off every bird in the loft some probably returned in boxes from races etc;

You only have to see  them in the BHW standing in front of a 200 yard long  loft  holding maybe one of a few good pigeons grins from ear to ear thinking we will make a killing selling all those off the rubbish.

Prices paid in the auctions for some of these pigeons from one loft is more than a back garden fancier earns in a year to both keep his/her family.

There is no fairness in our sport from any angle you just have to engage in the manner that suits you, and I admire one who wants to take these advantge takers on.

I did it my way and beat them as often as they beat me.

Few but quality, healthy, happy pigeons, wanting to get back as soon as possible with little or no artificial means just taking advantage of the  love of the life they had.

There are many roads to Rome and it is up to the individual the route they take and the more enjoyable it is to you the better and nothing to do with anyone else with anyone else.

Regards.
To a degree your right etc Misty Smile Smile I suggest bounce bounce when talking about some being handicapped. For myself here thou Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes to a degree, it's a game of sorts Wink Wink a mindset game Smile Smile get the mind thinking in the right direction & in a positive type manner & much can be achieved in the end in general life I found  Smile  Smile. cheers & take care.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: No young birds 2021   No young birds 2021 - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 04, 2020 1:13 pm

Yes, I'd say, by and large, the vast majority are trying to win, or do their' best.
That is many fanciers goal—the competitive side.
Good losers and bad loser too had the same goals.
Known one or two you couldn't speak to if they didn't win. Also many only too pleased top shake hands and congratulate the winners.

I, suppose, at one time it was important too for me. Maybe because it was - to be - deemed to win, do well.
After a time, I lost interest in y/b's, and lesser yearly regards winning.
I wanted to test my birds granted.
Many strive with them, but few allow them their head, so to speak.

I began to take more pride in the other fanciers saying things like 'Gosh.
Roly, them pigeons of your's, are first class in health' etc.

Then got to thinking why? Became proud. Winning was a bonus, nothing more. Gain so much pleasure in standards of health, condition.
I read regards 'Prince' Jackson getting yearlings from 1000 miles in excellent time.
Realise that most, like Jim Biss etc. and all I read up on, only bought in proven distance birds, regardless of their preferred distances.

Thought how youngsters if out of nest clamoured, strived to get back. Took them away and watched them. They soon showed you those that would be good homers, - racing and doing well with them was up to me. Never, was confident if those that didn't strive could have been culled. Many would, saving fead and training, others saying give them a chance.

I thought about birds returning home after being sold. Read in the Racing pigeon, and B.H.W. regards a pigeon bred in Germany - I thought Sweden actually, but was put right on a site, - that left from the nest box to Oxford England. Kept fro Breeding purposes and never let out. One day, as a two year old , it escaped and flew back to the loft it was bred in. After a conflab it was decided the German loft could keep it.
When he let it out, it flew back to oxford. Went on to be raced and won a few.
Breaking points a myth, and in reality a rather sill notion.
Fog! they up and fly over it.
etc. etc.

I know, have proved it, youngsters left a lone, then as yearlings first time in basket win a old bird race, Have done it... admitted only once. But all mine went as such. and from a a big club of 100's of birds I was never out the first 6!

Yes was proud. Another branch of a pride.
I got as much joy doing that as I ever did winning a race. That was no more than a bonus for me. Soon forgotten, but my experiments stayed day in and day out.
Who gains most enjoyment... well all would / will say theirs' ... Otherwise we wouldn't do it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No young birds 2021   No young birds 2021 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

No young birds 2021
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3