Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
further cutbacks Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:44 am

» Good Morning
further cutbacks Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:42 am

» King removes Patronage
further cutbacks Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:21 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
further cutbacks Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
further cutbacks Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» escaped birds return
further cutbacks Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
further cutbacks Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
further cutbacks Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
further cutbacks Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) further cutbacks 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 86 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 86 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.further cutbacks Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
further cutbacks Vote_lcapfurther cutbacks Voting_barfurther cutbacks Vote_rcap 
David
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222740 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
further cutbacks Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
further cutbacks Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

further cutbacks

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

further cutbacks Empty
PostSubject: further cutbacks   further cutbacks EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 11:58 am

yes cutting back even more now after flirting with a return to racing next year(fanciful thoughts),the pigeon dust seems to be effecting me more and more so another 3 pairs will be going next month that will leave me with 5 pairs ,always the same come breeding season with the bloom of the feathers and ybs shedding that white dust/particles...enjoying the time more and more with alfie anyway ,i wont be able to get these years back also my club have gone ets after me trying to get it in last year only for the members to start kicking off ,funny how they want it now eh Rolling Eyes two faced messers ...me and the father in law did alot for the club to ,now let them get on with it eh ,at least we went out on a high pirat pirat so will be just breeding very few ybs now for one loft racing ...no more kits etc... Smile atb lads
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

further cutbacks Empty
PostSubject: Re: further cutbacks   further cutbacks EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 1:48 pm

Can't say 'Welcome to the world' Daz as you already knew / know it.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

further cutbacks Empty
PostSubject: Re: further cutbacks   further cutbacks EmptyTue Apr 06, 2021 1:48 pm

Yes  oldstrain you only get one chance to enjoy your Alfies youth, no going back.

I often forget that breathing regarding our feathered friends was the main reason we had to part, and I spent very little time actually in the loft it's self.

The state of the sport and the majority of those now engaged in it makes it easier to get out with less regrets.

Hope I am wrong but can see more problems than solutions ahead.

Just very, very, thankful I have enjoyed the sport in the best times and very, very, sad that it has been ruined.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

further cutbacks Empty
PostSubject: Re: further cutbacks   further cutbacks EmptyWed Apr 07, 2021 10:29 am

sometimes i think, if someone would come and take them all, id let them.......and be done with them, other times im grateful for them being there, and the pleasure they give me . study
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

further cutbacks Empty
PostSubject: Re: further cutbacks   further cutbacks EmptyWed Apr 07, 2021 10:34 am

David, many do let go ... and start up again. If its in the blood so to speak, I feel best to carry on. Staring up again is a bind... and a constant feeling of what could/ should have, or might have been.
Cost and effort to boot.

Never met anyone - well tell a lie, one person, who has packed up and wished they hadn't.
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

further cutbacks Empty
PostSubject: Re: further cutbacks   further cutbacks EmptyWed Apr 07, 2021 11:00 am

never say never, I chucked the towel in 22 years ago, wouldn't ever imagine racing again having dabbled with a few pets in last 8 years, but ready to get stuck in again with my big team of 18 to race.....time will tell if I done right Question
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

further cutbacks Empty
PostSubject: Re: further cutbacks   further cutbacks EmptyWed Apr 07, 2021 11:22 am

exactly the same as me colin, packed in 1986, then restarted 2008 ......22 years away, and felt the need for pigeons again .

started with 6 with intentions of a few as pets, but numbers quickly grew, sometimes wonder if i did the right thing ...... Suspect
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

further cutbacks Empty
PostSubject: Re: further cutbacks   further cutbacks EmptyWed Apr 07, 2021 12:19 pm

will be keeping the older racers as pets so a few about but deffo not gonna be racing again ,i did race with my grandfather in the late 70's early 80's more of a loft boy really but was great fun ,not anymore though ...guys turn up at the club and drop a basket of birds off then head to the clubhouse for a few beers then you dont see them again until you strike the clocks ,then they leave ...no help/input at all Rolling Eyes yet they want to criticise and knowingly put birds in the race basket when they have disease in there lofts ,selfish to the core ...no i wont be missing it i am already thinking i have done the correct thing and got a good home for them when i could ,i have kept pigeons many years without racing them i dont need the racing aspect to enjoy them ...its only breeding season and the moult i get trouble with the dust as your are in and out the loft more at breeding time eh and the moult speaks for itself regards pigeon bloom/dust ,when the sunlight enters the loft the bloom/dust can be seen in all its glory affraid atb
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

further cutbacks Empty
PostSubject: Re: further cutbacks   further cutbacks EmptyWed Apr 07, 2021 1:33 pm

Very True O/S As I have posted before, when club president. I went into the bar and told a few home truths etc.
then told them ALL 'Next week, if you aint in the the mood to help, then stay in the bar. BUT your birds won't be mark. which means they won't go'.
It was the usual goings on. But I made sure those pigeons weren't marked up to go!
With about 15 - 20 minutes to go we were all in the bar.
Was a odd word here and there. I call attention to ALL and stated 'Those in here that weren't helping, Your birds will still be in your basket when you leave.
Some rushed in to check. Some swore. But I and the others watched as they swarmed about swearing and trying to get their birds through. the sec and i made sure all was done right and proper. the transporter gave them an extra 10 minutes , saying this won't be happening again as other club's birds will be ready and waiting. THAT they had enough hassle making time.
For the rest of the season the were there. Also no 'Outsider was needed to strike off.
Needlessly to say, at the next A.G.M they found, coersed most likely a name to be put up as prsident. First time I ever remeber a post that didn't/ hadn't strived to get filling. yes i was outed lol, and it went back... so it was placed in the next A.G.M rota's to be fulfilled etc. That also help some what.
Was a further ad on, but that was for another reason. one to stop good flyers just using the club, mainly for Nationals.
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

further cutbacks Empty
PostSubject: Re: further cutbacks   further cutbacks EmptyWed Apr 07, 2021 1:55 pm

Always gone on, but when clubs had 25 members and 5 didn't do their share, although wrong, things still ran pretty much ok.
These days if a club has 8 members and 5 don't pull their weight then the writing's on the wall sadly.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

further cutbacks Empty
PostSubject: Re: further cutbacks   further cutbacks EmptyWed Apr 07, 2021 2:45 pm

ive thought our club was not going to last the next 5 years, but theres been a recent influx of new members over the last couple years, all of whom are regular senders, so looking up for our club at the moment ......
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

further cutbacks Empty
PostSubject: Re: further cutbacks   further cutbacks EmptyWed Apr 07, 2021 3:28 pm

Daz wrote:
Very True O/S As I have posted before, when club president. I went into the bar and told a few home truths etc.
then told them ALL 'Next week, if you aint in the the mood to help, then stay in the bar. BUT your birds won't be mark. which means they won't go'.
It was the usual goings on. But I made sure those pigeons weren't marked up to go!
With about 15 - 20 minutes to go we were all in the bar.
Was a odd word here and there. I call attention to ALL and stated 'Those in here that weren't helping, Your birds will still be in your basket when you leave.
Some rushed in to check. Some swore. But I and the others watched as they swarmed about swearing and trying to get their birds through. the sec and i made sure all was done right and proper. the transporter gave them an extra 10 minutes , saying this won't be happening again as other club's birds will be ready and waiting. THAT they had enough hassle making time.
For the rest of the season the were there. Also no 'Outsider was needed to strike off.
Needlessly to say, at the next A.G.M they found, coersed most likely a name to be put up as prsident. First time I ever remeber a post that didn't/ hadn't strived to get filling. yes i was outed lol, and it went back... so it was placed in  the next A.G.M rota's to be fulfilled etc. That also help some what.
Was a further ad on, but that was for another reason. one to stop good flyers just using the club, mainly for Nationals.

good post daz,typical eh....the reason they are allowing ets in the club now is because i was the clocksetter lol! the sec can also do it but has enough to do,when i wanted ets it was uproar Laughing lets be fair doing the T3 is easy as pie but none want to learn ,our sec is a diamond and does much i feel sorry for him as before i joined they were happy to let him do the clocks and paperwork ,during old birds last season i was doing clocks and on the basketing and loading the transporter,even taking water for the baskets as no access to any,i took my father in law to and he did the rubbers or ring nos ,our club had 10 active flying members last season,not many can be bothered to help,anyway anyone for a T3 lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

further cutbacks Empty
PostSubject: Re: further cutbacks   further cutbacks Empty

Back to top Go down

further cutbacks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Racing Pigeons,Show & Fancy Pigeons :: Message Forum :: Help and Info.-
Jump to: