Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Help, thoughts wanted .... Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 4:18 pm

» Good Morning
Help, thoughts wanted .... Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 3:17 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Help, thoughts wanted .... Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Help, thoughts wanted .... Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Help, thoughts wanted .... Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
Help, thoughts wanted .... Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Help, thoughts wanted .... Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Help, thoughts wanted .... Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
Help, thoughts wanted .... Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Help, thoughts wanted .... 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 65 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 64 Guests :: 2 Bots

barnie

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Help, thoughts wanted .... Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Help, thoughts wanted .... Vote_lcapHelp, thoughts wanted .... Voting_barHelp, thoughts wanted .... Vote_rcap 
David
Help, thoughts wanted .... Vote_lcapHelp, thoughts wanted .... Voting_barHelp, thoughts wanted .... Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222809 messages in 14005 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Help, thoughts wanted .... Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Help, thoughts wanted .... Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Help, thoughts wanted ....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Help, thoughts wanted .... Empty
PostSubject: Help, thoughts wanted ....   Help, thoughts wanted .... EmptyThu Apr 08, 2021 6:08 pm

some may remember a while ago a "he / she" sat and hatched an egg its its own, ive noticed the last couple of days it has started flirting round other males, and leaving its baby ......today ive noticed the baby has been pecked on its head, not bad, but it means its in danger of worse.

ive taken the baby away and placed it in a nest box so it is safe over night, it is 21 days old so should be ready to start picking up on its own i hope, any thoughts on feeding etc, as i cant risk leaving it to be attacked again ....... Suspect scratch study
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: Help, thoughts wanted ....   Help, thoughts wanted .... EmptyThu Apr 08, 2021 7:28 pm

David have you not got a pair about same age, just pop this one in with them few times a day but watch over it in case the parents don't like it. Alternatively soak about 50 maples in a cup of hot water overnight, pop them down it's throat 3 x times a day but also put a pot of mixture in its nestbox along with water. Dip its head in water every time you feed it.
When feeding make sure the maples go right to the back of its mouth and not down windpipe or it's finished. It will come along ok either way mate.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Help, thoughts wanted ....   Help, thoughts wanted .... EmptyThu Apr 08, 2021 9:36 pm

barnie wrote:
David have you not got a pair about same age, just pop this one in with them few times a day but watch over it in case the parents don't like it. Alternatively soak about 50 maples in a cup of hot water overnight, pop them down it's throat 3 x times a day but also put a pot of mixture in its nestbox along with water. Dip its head in water every time you feed it.
When feeding make sure the maples go right to the back of its mouth and not down windpipe or it's finished. It will come along ok either way mate.
Smile Smile Better maybe Wink Wink to just give 50 odd peas & then warm water from a syringe afterwards etc. Easier all round from my experience here Very Happy Very Happy. End of the day thou Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes at 21 days & it should be able to fend for it self I suggest. cheers
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: Help, thoughts wanted ....   Help, thoughts wanted .... EmptyThu Apr 08, 2021 10:04 pm

......mean 50 maples over 3 feeds, not 50 maples each time x 3 feeds, it'll burst Laughing Laughing . It will quickly become tame also but can become over reliant and run around floor at your heels squeeling for hand feeds Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Help, thoughts wanted ....   Help, thoughts wanted .... EmptyThu Apr 08, 2021 10:21 pm

barnie wrote:
......mean 50 maples over 3 feeds, not 50 maples each time x 3 feeds, it'll burst Laughing Laughing . It will quickly become tame also but can become over reliant and run around floor at your heels squeeling for hand feeds Very Happy Very Happy
OK Smile if you have plenty of time on your hands maybe etc Barnie Smile Smile for a working man thou at times it could just be a problem I suspect. End of the day bounce bounce hunger will soon teach it what's there to eat, if it's got half a brain in it's head I suggest at 21 days. cheers
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: Help, thoughts wanted ....   Help, thoughts wanted .... EmptyFri Apr 09, 2021 9:07 am

yes should be picking at stuff at that age true.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Help, thoughts wanted ....   Help, thoughts wanted .... EmptyFri Apr 09, 2021 12:03 pm

had a few ybs which had to be hand reared if it was me i would put a pot of breed and wean in the box make sure its quite full and some water to make sure you dip the birds beak a few times,but i would hand feed it on the evening/late afternoon with soaked peas or beans until its crop felt full ,then you would be encouraging it to feed for itself during the day but insuring by feeding in the evening that it at least gets a good meal...within a week it should be feeding itself ,make sure it gets water so when you hand feed dip the ybs head in the drinker ,one of our one loft ybs was reared on the floor around 19 days it was on the drinker stand as i had been dipping the beak i do it with all the one loft ybs so they know where to get a drink as soon as they leave the nest,some ybs are more forward than others atb
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Help, thoughts wanted ....   Help, thoughts wanted .... EmptyFri Apr 09, 2021 12:27 pm

just put it in with an older pair with one yb, both parents fed the baby straight away, watched them for 20 mins and seems they have taken it under their wing (so to speak), both babies huddled together on the nest box.

will keep a watch out during the day, see if they are ok with it, hopefully they will solve a big problem for me, only another week and it should be able to take care of its self .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help, thoughts wanted ....   Help, thoughts wanted .... Empty

Back to top Go down

Help, thoughts wanted ....
Page 1 of 1