Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
always a surprise with young birds.... Emptyby David Today at 2:49 pm

» Good Morning
always a surprise with young birds.... Emptyby David Today at 2:48 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
always a surprise with young birds.... Emptyby David Today at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
always a surprise with young birds.... Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
always a surprise with young birds.... Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
always a surprise with young birds.... Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
always a surprise with young birds.... Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
always a surprise with young birds.... Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
always a surprise with young birds.... Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) always a surprise with young birds.... 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 23 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 23 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.always a surprise with young birds.... Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
always a surprise with young birds.... Vote_lcapalways a surprise with young birds.... Voting_baralways a surprise with young birds.... Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
always a surprise with young birds.... Vote_lcapalways a surprise with young birds.... Voting_baralways a surprise with young birds.... Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222882 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
always a surprise with young birds.... Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
always a surprise with young birds.... Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

always a surprise with young birds....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

always a surprise with young birds.... Empty
PostSubject: always a surprise with young birds....   always a surprise with young birds.... EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 10:05 pm

I wasn't going to put the babies out as weather turned to snow as the day went on, although most melted quick as it came. They've been flitting about the place for a week or more but tonight the majority decided to really try their wings out and go for it.
They went round the street maybe half dozen times starting to batch but 3 went up in the heavens and I got one to pull out but the other 2 just went off in a straight line. I waited a while and got the rest in and put the cocks out for half an hour when they were joined by one of the missing babies which eventually dropped in spooked by the experience.
I waited a while longer until dusk hoping the other might show but no sign so locked up for the night.
After tea I went out the back to put something in the bin. This is the opposite side of house to where the loft is built. Outside the back door there's a hanging basket, empty at the moment as it's so cold for plants. By now it's just about fully dark outside. Something caught my eye and sitting in the basket was my missing yb, just lifted him out and he never flinched.
Never known anything like it, real lucky day for me and this pigeon.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: always a surprise with young birds....   always a surprise with young birds.... EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 10:21 pm

excellent colin, glad they are all home and safely tucked away ........strange things do happen with pigeons eh, at least it had the sense to find a safe place for the night in the basket, away from cats etc .........
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: always a surprise with young birds....   always a surprise with young birds.... EmptySat Apr 10, 2021 11:44 pm

lol! lol! lol! well i never Laughing great result eh cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: always a surprise with young birds....   always a surprise with young birds.... EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 3:06 am

barnie wrote:
I wasn't going to put the babies out as weather turned to snow as the day went on, although most melted quick as it came. They've been flitting about the place for a week or more but tonight the majority decided to really try their wings out and go for it.
They went round the street maybe half dozen times starting to batch but 3 went up in the heavens and I got one to pull out but the other 2 just went off in a straight line. I waited a while and got the rest in and put the cocks out for half an hour when they were joined by one of the missing babies which eventually dropped in spooked by the experience.
I waited a while longer until dusk hoping the other might show but no sign so locked up for the night.
After tea I went out the back to put something in the bin. This is the opposite side of house to where the loft is built. Outside the back door there's a hanging basket, empty at the moment as it's so cold for plants. By now it's just about fully dark outside. Something caught my eye and sitting in the basket was my missing yb, just lifted him out and he never flinched.
Smile Smile Nice little tale etc Barnie Very Happy Very Happy not hard now thou, maybe Wink Wink to know what name he should just go by now as such. cheers
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: always a surprise with young birds....   always a surprise with young birds.... EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 7:18 am

Knackered wrote:
barnie wrote:
Smile Smile Nice little tale etc Barnie Very Happy Very Happy not hard now thou, maybe Wink Wink to know what name he should just go by now as such. cheers

"Basketcase" from now on always a surprise with young birds.... 1f60c
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: always a surprise with young birds....   always a surprise with young birds.... EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 7:35 am

That is unbelievable,  so pleased all back . What a great story... yes surprise you all the time . You'll not forget that yb I don't think
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: always a surprise with young birds....   always a surprise with young birds.... EmptySun Apr 11, 2021 12:12 pm

barnie wrote:
Knackered wrote:
barnie wrote:

"Basketcase" from now on  always a surprise with young birds.... 1f60c  
lol! lol! lol! Sounds Ok to me here etc Barnie Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: always a surprise with young birds....   always a surprise with young birds.... Empty

Back to top Go down

always a surprise with young birds....
Page 1 of 1