Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream - Page 2 Emptyby oldstrain Today at 12:21 pm

» Weather today
Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 12:09 pm

» King removes Patronage
Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream - Page 2 Emptyby oldstrain Today at 11:04 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream - Page 2 Emptyby David Yesterday at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream - Page 2 Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream - Page 2 Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream - Page 2 Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream - Page 2 Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 42 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 41 Guests :: 1 Bot

barnie

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream - Page 2 Vote_lcapHot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream - Page 2 Voting_barHot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream - Page 2 Vote_lcapHot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream - Page 2 Voting_barHot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
David
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222893 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream   Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2021 2:55 am

David wrote:
ah right, so the cocks and hens are seperated, then let together before basketing ....?

hardly roundabout in the true sense of the system .......no wonder they dont want to trap, or hurry to get home scratch study

then again thats just my thoughts, who am i to question another fancier, whos racing.......i havnt a clue on how to race succesfully lol!
Mated, unmated Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes roundabout or what ever Smile Smile I don't really care here at the end of the day  bounce  bounce being the type of race it is Smile Smile Would like to know thou Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes do they put the drinkers on for the birds there & before they are released to race for a drink. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream   Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2021 10:04 am

Knackered wrote:
David wrote:
ah right, so the cocks and hens are seperated, then let together before basketing ....?

hardly roundabout in the true sense of the system .......no wonder they dont want to trap, or hurry to get home scratch study

then again thats just my thoughts, who am i to question another fancier, whos racing.......i havnt a clue on how to race succesfully lol!
Mated, unmated Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes roundabout or what ever Smile Smile I don't really care here at the end of the day  bounce  bounce being the type of race it is Smile Smile Would like to know thou Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes do they put the drinkers on for the birds there & before they are released to race for a drink. cheers
Good point Knackered, dehydration not good for man nor beast.

If the pigeons are dropping for a drink sometimes they are reluctant to, or unable,  to continue until recovered somewhat.

As far as I am concerned  the whole thing  has been a shambles.

Said before the race they should have been given the chance to fully recover from the previous shambles.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream   Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 1:49 am

MISTY wrote:
Knackered wrote:
David wrote:

Good point Knackered, dehydration not good for man nor beast.

If the pigeons are dropping for a drink sometimes they are reluctant to, or unable,  to continue until recovered somewhat.

As far as I am concerned  the whole thing  has been a shambles.

Said before the race they should have been given the chance to fully recover from the previous shambles.

Regards.
If as suspected Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes it somehow turns into header this week etc Misty Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes it would be criminal in my view here, if the majority of those late ones went back again to race. For me here Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes with what we have seen unfold over the last few weeks Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I would much prefer a rest week there now, with maybe a header from around 30 miles to just reboot again & then maybe worry about what may be the week after type of thing. cheers & take care.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream   Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 8:01 am

to be fair i cannot see them not being watered ,basic needs and loft manager knows that ....he is a good flyer in his club or was ,i think its falcon strikes ,my own organisation has been having poor races on the north route but one thing i cannot understand is not racing the one loft yearlings/ybs with an organisation instead of going solo ,surely it would be more ideal
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream   Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 9:23 am

i think it could be that darren, but to me the birds dont look very motivated, even the first birds arnt in a hurry to trap ...........that would be my theory on it.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream   Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 9:32 am

From my point of view Knackered I would rather  93 stay out of the next race along with all the other 2nd and day and late comers.

They may put drinkers on but some pigeons are reluctant to partake or kept away from the drinkers by other pigeons. 

You do not get over dehydration over night  nor in a week.

Have said for years it is one of the main causes of losses.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream   Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 10:11 am

you will always get a dominant cock bossing a corner of the basket but not hens so much ,nothing can be done about that eh...yes david they dont seem very motivated to me either ,as oz has said i wouldl like to see a week off then a nice toss into a steady header ,only 120 yearlings left in it so does not bode well for a good race with such small numbers racing even further ,one falcon strike and the race will be ruined and thats has to be the problem thus far ,why not race with the southwest england lerwick club/welsh north road amalgamation surely safety in numbers and both organisations would be on the same line of flight as the one loft ,it would be ideal ...if i can see that why not the rpra Rolling Eyes geek i feel for the loft manager as no doubt he wants good races eh and flys a good bird himself but no doubt theres whispers in his ear from the rpra noddy crew study dont think the yearling thing is value for money anyway and best stick with ybs eh ,£200 to enter and forfeiting auction money to ,we could have had at least 3 more yb entries but we live and learn eh Basketball atb
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream   Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 10:54 am

Sorry oldstrain, no excuses as far as I am concerned, if any decent fancier lost so many pigeons from such short races after flying a full YB programme I would say he was in the wrong sport and feel sorry for the pigeons.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream   Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 11:05 am

handling 1500 ybs and all the health problems is not that cut and dried i am afraid but respect your opinion so i will agree to disagree ,most cant keep 20 ybs fit and healthy let alone 1500 Rolling Eyes easy to shove all the blame on the loft manager eh but we dont know all the ins and outs due to certain factions taking advantage of such its not common knowledge and kept under wraps...just go down the club and see some of the candidates in the baskets....there done before the basket is even opened
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream   Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 11:45 am

Not talking about young birds but yearlings that have flown a full programme as youngsters.

What is also  not known how and with what they are treated.

Agree oldstrain not easy with that number of youngsters not an enviable job but the yearlings ????????.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream   Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 1:22 pm

yeah i see where yer coming from misty but like i said other north rd orgs are not having it easy either so it all points to falcon strikes ,i mean 1 strike en-route would ruin the race with that number of birds when over 1000 in a lib is producing similar racing ,in the last 2 races in swelc amalgamation only 40 odd were clocked with hugely varying velocities atb
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream   Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 6:52 pm

Would be interesting to put a camera on one or two in a liberation to see just what happens, if it is as we think raptors, then we would at least know.

The technology available could easily be capable of sorting it out if the will was there.

Just wonder if migratory birds are having problems, not with raptors but in general.

Been kicked around that technology being used in other matters can affect the homing instinct, trouble with that some make it back in reasonable time.

Think we are just going to have to grin and bear it, fanciers are the last on any ones list of concern.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream   Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 8:58 pm

the loft manager did say he put one of his own birds in with a tracker on and it went down after 30 mins of liberation over the pennines which is a known falcon hotspot ...also solar flares are a problem messing with the earths magnetic field ,i always viewed the forecast chart when i raced and when it was a high reading there were bad races
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream   Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 1:07 am

oldstrain wrote:
you will always get a dominant cock bossing a corner of the basket but not hens so much ,nothing can be done about that eh...yes david they dont seem very motivated to me either ,as oz has said i wouldl like to see a week off then a nice toss into a steady header ,only 120 yearlings left in it so does not bode well for a good race with such small numbers racing even further ,one falcon strike and the race will be ruined and thats has to be the problem thus far ,why not race with the southwest england lerwick club/welsh north road amalgamation surely safety in numbers and both organisations would be on the same line of flight as the one loft ,it would be ideal ...if i can see that why not the rpra Rolling Eyes geek i feel for the loft manager as no doubt he wants good races eh and flys a good bird himself but no doubt theres whispers in his ear from the rpra noddy crew study dont think the yearling thing is value for money anyway and best stick with ybs eh ,£200 to enter and forfeiting auction money to ,we could have had at least 3 more yb entries but we live and learn eh Basketball atb
Live & learn etc O/S Wink Wink Do think here also Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes with what has happened sadly so far with our 93 & the like, a rethink on average maybe is required now to save the season, unless one is quite happy  bounce  bounce to just see the ship maybe, sink in a major type way in the end Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream   Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 9:18 am

i reckon they will race tuesday from alnwick ,looks a strong headwind sat/sun/mon
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream   Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 10:58 am

It's got to be more than lack of motivation being the problem for poor returns.

Why would a pigeon just not bother returning to the only place it knows for food, shelter and water? Especially somewhat educated yearlings with experience on the road. Can't see them wanting to fly off into the distance to go hungry and thirsty on purpose just because they aren't paired etc. How many times have you sent a stray on its way, chucked miles nearer it's home but it comes back because it remembers that's where it's last meal was, not because it's paired, widowhood, or roundabout whatever.

You can send natural youngbirds, 2nd or even 3rd rounders to these sort of distances in club racing and expect to get them. These aren't sitting, driving, even paired up but they still home to the only safe place they know by instinct. Even poorly motivated or non motivated birds would be expected to return in reasonable time, you can send a spare cock or hen to a race and it will get home, sometimes even surprise you.

However they still have to be fit enough to start with especially if it's not a blow home. If the problem is hawks/falcons then it's a really bad problem as it's constant and these one loft birds are either unlucky or the route is plagued with them, in which case there would still be a fair few returning late with signs of attacks or being reported hawked, not sure if this has happened??

It's impossible to say what the problem is since not being directly involved, we can only guess, but it's a terrible shame for all competitors who carried their YB's over for another season to end up with this type of racing. The knock on effect is even less will participate in future years.

Anyway, we're still in there so lets get behind 93 Wink

Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream   Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 11:57 am

good post colin ,north rd racing is very erratic at present ...with the one loft birds being the only liberation unlike the weekends i wouldimagine falcons give the liberation alot of attention atb
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream   Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 12:43 pm

Of course a pigeon does not need motivation, that is why fanciers spend thousands of pounds on widowhood and the natural system, and other systems of motivation.

My pigeons flew for the love of their home and the life they enjoyed, no better motivation even the less well blessed  with speed were eager to get back as fast as they could. Complete open hole.

If a pigeon sets off with little or no motivation other than food the only  way it will return as soon as  possible is if it is hungry, then if not not enough in the tank to get back BINGO.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream   Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 12:44 pm

i think we can put part of it down to preditors, but not to the extent of the bad racing we are having, we only have to watch them trap, to see they have very little interest , anything can, and sometimes does home eventually .......
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream   Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 3:44 pm

You have to remember these same pigeons flew YB races last year reportedly split sexes and ran together on basketing. Appears same method employed this year as yearlings (which is proven to work in many successful racing lofts).
Although it may not suit every remaining yearling OLR candidate as far as motivation goes, the point I'm making is they should still "home" regardless, it got them back to the loft as young birds before they were this mature. I agree the hawks will be having an effect but to the point where the majority are dropping like flies from very short distances, well I'm not 100 per cent convinced.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream   Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2021 2:17 am

barnie wrote:
You have to remember these same pigeons flew YB races last year reportedly split sexes and ran together on basketing. Appears same method employed this year as yearlings (which is proven to work in many successful racing lofts).
Although it may not suit every remaining yearling OLR candidate as far as motivation goes, the point I'm making is they should still "home" regardless, it got them back to the loft as young birds before they were this mature. I agree the hawks will be having an effect but to the point where the majority are dropping like flies from very short distances, well I'm not 100 per cent convinced.
In basic terms Colin Smile Smile one could say, maybe Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes they were the best of the best in some ways etc from the year before bounce bounce to a degree & now most have hit the wall getting home from 160 odd miles, sadly. We all know at times how falcons/hawks are a real problem/issue, but really now in fast races as has been normal I suggest bounce bounce how many do they take if the birds are capable of sticking together as a mob heading to the one loft & at a height to see a 100 odd miles maybe & if tuned into racing mode. Now I suspect Smile Smile on average we all grumble about hawks/falcons Wink Wink I suggest at times, but I come from the land down under here bounce bounce where we tend to say, every 2nd lamp post etc up country has one sitting on it as such Wink Wink & if truth be told & like quite a few I could name in a local sense here we have all still bred over time, hundreds & hundreds of 5/600 type pigeons to race home successfully come the end of the day racing & also may I just add in the end to a simple type perch on average I suspect, on average Wink  Wink  Smile Smile.
cheers
***** alien flower afro
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream   Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2021 2:35 am

oldstrain wrote:
good post colin ,north rd racing is very erratic at present ...with the one loft birds being the only liberation unlike the weekends i wouldimagine falcons give the liberation alot of attention atb
Certainly was a good post etc O/S Smile Smile any one here like thou Smile Smile to track the first ten birds home in the recent race etc over our 2 races Wink Wink & then compare Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes to the last ten home Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad  & if you see maybe a difference somehow Smile Smile on average. bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream   Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hot Spot 2 Youtube Live Stream
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2