Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
rpra yearlings Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:16 pm

» Good Morning
rpra yearlings Emptyby David Yesterday at 2:48 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
rpra yearlings Emptyby David Yesterday at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
rpra yearlings Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
rpra yearlings Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
rpra yearlings Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
rpra yearlings Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
rpra yearlings Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
rpra yearlings Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) rpra yearlings 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 26 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 26 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.rpra yearlings Resise10
Top posting users this week
No user
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222884 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
rpra yearlings Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
rpra yearlings Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
rpra yearlings Vote_lcaprpra yearlings Voting_barrpra yearlings Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

rpra yearlings

Go down 
+2
MISTY
oldstrain
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

rpra yearlings Empty
PostSubject: rpra yearlings   rpra yearlings EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 6:25 pm

they are racing sunday from alnwick 235 miles gonna be a hard one with a stiff wsw wind ,110 birds go to the race ....lets hope its a good one eh good luck 93 ,i reckon on 5 hours 30 mins if current wind forecast is correct,looking to liberate at 5.45 am
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

rpra yearlings Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra yearlings   rpra yearlings EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 7:22 pm

Still think too soon after last fiasco.

Numbers, very, very disappointing.

Just hope 93 has recovered from the previous efforts.

Just wonder how many will make the last race.

Think it will be a real tester.

Fingers crossed.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

rpra yearlings Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra yearlings   rpra yearlings EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 8:50 pm

i just cant see a good race with 110 birds from 235 miles,hopefully i am wrong
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

rpra yearlings Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra yearlings   rpra yearlings EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 8:53 pm

Stick my neck out and say there will be less than 25% back on the day, or maybe less than half back after several days but hope I'm wrong. hopefully 93 marches on cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

rpra yearlings Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra yearlings   rpra yearlings EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 9:11 pm

if i remember right, there were around 43 birds home on the day .........so the other 67 came the day after or later, personally im concerned for our 93 and the other latecomers, it doesnt look like the birds best interests are a priority
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

rpra yearlings Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra yearlings   rpra yearlings EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 10:58 pm

barnie wrote:
Stick my neck out and say there will be less than 25% back on the day, or maybe less than half back after several days but hope I'm wrong.    hopefully 93 marches on cheers

yeah i can see a similar scenario to last hotspot ,again i say why not race with the southwest england lerwick club and welsh north road amalgamation ,just join the programme at the relevant distances ,they have done this before why not now ,the organisations are on the same line of flight ffs Mad it vexes me that common sense is not being used with so few yearlings left ,what are they gonna do with the final as i can see 75 birds or so racing in the final from 350 miles Rolling Eyes p1$$ poor organisation if you ask me Suspect
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

rpra yearlings Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra yearlings   rpra yearlings EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 11:43 pm

David wrote:
if i remember right, there were around 43 birds home on the day .........so the other 67 came the day after or later, personally im concerned for our 93 and the other latecomers, it doesnt look like the birds best interests are a priority  
In reality David I suggest Smile Smile & this is not solely directed at Jeremy & his helpers etc Wink Wink but with these type of races on average, the birds best interest has never been I suggest the main focus as such. Purely about money in the end Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad for the most part, no matter which way one attempts to spin the bottle scenario from my perspective. Now Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes as far as how many may just get home, in reasonable time on the day with the forecast of a header type race. Not many I'm affraid Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad but how could one think any different when one looks at how they have been trained & raced over the last month or so there. End of the day thou Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes thanks 93 Smile Smile as I've enjoyed the journey so to speak here & if you don't quite make it this weekend Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I blame you not bounce bounce as maybe you just found yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time type of thing, unfortunately. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

rpra yearlings Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra yearlings   rpra yearlings EmptySat Jun 12, 2021 8:01 am

i reckon the rpra`s main concern is the young birds, the yearlings are just a way of raising extra money.........they either sink or swim so to speak .
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

rpra yearlings Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra yearlings   rpra yearlings EmptySat Jun 12, 2021 9:22 am

Knackered wrote:
David wrote:
In reality David I suggest Smile Smile & this is not solely directed at Jeremy & his helpers etc Wink Wink but with these type of races on average, the birds best interest has never been I suggest the main focus as such. Purely about money in the end Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad for the most part, no matter which way one attempts to spin the bottle scenario from my perspective. Now Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes as far as how many may just get home, in reasonable time on the day with the forecast of a header type race. Not many I'm affraid Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad but how could one think any different when one looks at how they have been trained & raced over the last month or so there. End of the day thou Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes thanks 93 Smile Smile as I've enjoyed the journey so to speak here & if you don't quite make it this weekend Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I blame you not bounce bounce as maybe you just found yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time type of thing, unfortunately. cheers

bang on the money oz ,covid has hit the rpra coffers so what better way to gain some funds ....at the expense of the entrants and the poor birds Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

rpra yearlings Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra yearlings   rpra yearlings EmptySat Jun 12, 2021 10:17 am

oldstrain wrote:
Knackered wrote:
David wrote:

bang on the money oz ,covid has hit the rpra coffers so what better way to gain some funds ....at the expense of the entrants and the poor birds Evil or Very Mad
Smile Smile Don't quite know about the Covid & RPRA coffers situation etc O/S Wink Wink but in certain ways here I'm affraid OL type races remind me of horse racing to a certain degree, in that the glitz & glamour side on race day unfortunately hides an ugly side behind the scenes as such Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Business in a business sense, also Wink Wink always talk about having a good business model for success Wink Wink & I could quite easy suggest here bounce bounce maybe, on average Smile Smile that the model used by the majority of OL type races in broken beyond repair  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  if one considers, that the welfare of the pigeons is the main goal & aim in the game Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

rpra yearlings Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra yearlings   rpra yearlings EmptySat Jun 12, 2021 10:25 am

Think one of the problems being, get it over with as soon as possible and then see how many youngsters we  can lose.

Choose what happens we have had our monies worth compared to more than half.

Would just like to know what medication etc; they put down our feathered friends throats etc;

Flock treatment can harm the naturally heathy but help the affected.

One never knows what can happen in our sport, too many matters we know nothing about.

93 did us proud last  year and is still there whilst many are not, not over until the Fat Lady sings.

My feelings are that the pigeons are not being given a fair chance, just hope the weather is not too bad and good luck to 93.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

rpra yearlings Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra yearlings   rpra yearlings EmptySat Jun 12, 2021 4:04 pm

Could have a bit of fun from the race.

What velocity do you think they will do and how many will be timed on the day.

For me velocity 750 and 55 timed in on the day.

93 timed on the day.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

rpra yearlings Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra yearlings   rpra yearlings EmptySat Jun 12, 2021 5:18 pm

1150 yds i reckon ,heaven knows how many will time in
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

rpra yearlings Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra yearlings   rpra yearlings EmptySun Jun 13, 2021 2:53 am

oldstrain wrote:
1150 yds i reckon ,heaven knows how many will time in
Put me down here Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes but please remember  Very Happy  Very Happy I know nothing  lol!  lol!  lol! being an  alien flower  afro for 1050 odd yds/minute Smile Smile & by nightfall & after about 16 hours of flying apparently Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad from release bounce bounce maybe 30/35 home if lucky & if that man above is in a rather kind type mood of generosity. End of the day thou Wink Wink I'm waiting here on the release report of the liberation there bounce bounce as I had a dream type moment I'm  affraid sadly, that when they were released, they headed North Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes heading towards Scotland type of thing because of the wind factor there on release at a 100 odd miles per hour because of their general experience with recent tail wind type racing Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

rpra yearlings Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra yearlings   rpra yearlings EmptySun Jun 13, 2021 9:50 am

1200 velocity for me, and around 75 on the day .....93 coming 1st Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

rpra yearlings Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra yearlings   rpra yearlings EmptySun Jun 13, 2021 11:10 am

David wrote:
1200 velocity for me, and around 75 on the day .....93 coming 1st Very Happy cheers
1200 Smile Smile nail biting time maybe etc David Very Happy Very Happy as your time would just about be up by now somehow I suspect Wink Wink.  cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

rpra yearlings Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra yearlings   rpra yearlings EmptySun Jun 13, 2021 11:19 am

i was thinking 1200 - 1300, and decided on 1200..........should have gone half way at 1250 and id have been spot on Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

rpra yearlings Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra yearlings   rpra yearlings EmptySun Jun 13, 2021 11:25 am

Yes  well done David, far better than expected looks maybe we  will have a few for the final.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

rpra yearlings Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra yearlings   rpra yearlings EmptySun Jun 13, 2021 11:26 am

not far out david Wink wind was only lite headwind for best part of the race ,what a performance by north mans birds eh Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

rpra yearlings Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra yearlings   rpra yearlings EmptySun Jun 13, 2021 11:27 am

9 birds back so far misty, one man has 4 back ............. Suspect
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

rpra yearlings Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra yearlings   rpra yearlings EmptySun Jun 13, 2021 11:28 am

oldstrain wrote:
not far out david Wink wind was only lite headwind for best part of the race ,what a performance by north mans birds eh Like a Star @ heaven

yes darren, 4 out of 9 .............a bit of cheating i think lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

rpra yearlings Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra yearlings   rpra yearlings EmptySun Jun 13, 2021 11:42 am

David wrote:
oldstrain wrote:

yes darren, 4 out of 9 .............a bit of cheating i think lol! lol! lol! lol!
Very impressive Smile Smile from my end here etc Very Happy Very Happy & if I was you David lol! lol! lol! after that comment bounce bounce I would be putting extra locks on my doors there now for safety Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

rpra yearlings Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra yearlings   rpra yearlings EmptySun Jun 13, 2021 11:43 am

i wasnt serious knackered, although i wopuld have been more concerned for my safety if it was big stan who had 4 back ................. Razz Razz Razz lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

rpra yearlings Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra yearlings   rpra yearlings EmptySun Jun 13, 2021 11:46 am

would be interesting to know if north mans 4 returns homed on the day from hot spot 2, or if they had a night out ......... Question

also if the other early birds were day bird from hot spot 2 .
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

rpra yearlings Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra yearlings   rpra yearlings EmptySun Jun 13, 2021 11:57 am

i think they were david....looks like 2 nest mates to,i wonder if they have paired ? read an article about nest mates finding each other and sticking together like ,had it in my own loft but only with 30ybs but if you think how many are left in now it would not be beyond the realms of possibility eh ,get yer money down on north mans 88 and 89 for the final Basketball cheers 2nd and 3rd behind 93 of course Cool Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

rpra yearlings Empty
PostSubject: Re: rpra yearlings   rpra yearlings Empty

Back to top Go down

rpra yearlings
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next