Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» King removes Patronage
once posted i believe Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:21 pm

» Good Morning
once posted i believe Emptyby David Yesterday at 5:50 pm

» Weather today
once posted i believe Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:20 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
once posted i believe Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
once posted i believe Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» escaped birds return
once posted i believe Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
once posted i believe Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
once posted i believe Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
once posted i believe Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) once posted i believe 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 49 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 48 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.once posted i believe Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
once posted i believe Vote_lcaponce posted i believe Voting_baronce posted i believe Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
once posted i believe Vote_lcaponce posted i believe Voting_baronce posted i believe Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222738 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
once posted i believe Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
once posted i believe Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

once posted i believe

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

once posted i believe Empty
PostSubject: once posted i believe   once posted i believe EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 12:16 pm

But feel it maybe of an interest for those who haven't read.

What is truth? Some dictionary says
1. Telling or expressing the truth; honest. - 'I think you're confusing being rude with being truthful'.
2. synonyms:
3. honest·sincere ·trustworthy ·genuine · meaning what one says · candid·frank·open·forthright·straight plain-spoken·upfront·on the level·on the up and up·round·free-spoken
(of artistic or literary representation) characterized by accuracy or realism; true to life.
"astonishingly truthful acting'.
synonyms:
Actual ·accurate; correct·true to life·factual· ·right·exact·faithful·reliable·veracious·verifiable·unvarnished·unembellished·unelaborated·veridical.

ADJECTIVE

If a person, or their comments, are truthful, they are honest and do not tell any lies.

Most religions teach you to be truthful.We've all learnt to be reasonably truthful about our personal lives. (+about)
She could not give him a truthful answer.

Synonyms: honest, frank, candid, upfront [informal] More Synonyms of truthful
truthfully ADVERB [ADVERB with verb]
I answered all their questions truthfully (Honestly).
truthfulness UNCOUNTABLE NOUN
I can say, with absolute truthfulness, that I did not injure her.
Synonyms: honesty, truth, openness, sincerity and much more of course.

Yet, many may lie consistently. Some, if not most persons, will accept 'White lies', or even downright lies. Indeed will explain to sons or daughters saying when hearing as such a 'White lie', saying 'You know what he/she means! It doesn't matter, we know the truth', with a smile, nod and wink... Actually implying the lies are acceptable.
We are taught untruths at school. Falsely or deliberately. Even at colleges and Universities, A lie in their exam papers is often needed to pass!
School teachers teach many lies daily, knowing full well it's not true. Indeed often farcical.

For example, according to legend, Harold Godwinson was killed by an arrow in his eye may have been the product of historians writing generations afterwards.
Harold's legend being hit in the eye because 'Bayeux Tapestry' depicts a soldier with an arrow near his eye, but the soldier does not appear to be wounded as he is standing up.

The lies and myths of Queen Elizabeth 1st are atrocious. Indeed even astounding. Yet, Thatcher and Winston Churchill, both, though knowing the real facts, blatantly lied to serve a purpose.

We didn't 'Singe the King of Spain's beard. We, actually, got hammered and ran with our tail between our legs.

Remember that Philip 11 of Spain was also King of England! Though actually called a 'Consort'!

In 1554, Queen Mary I of England married Philip II of Spain. A match made by Mary's cousin (and Philip's father), Charles V. Though Philip was less-than-thrilled with this idea, he knew that it was a good match politically and that Mary had connections to Spain via her mother, Katherine of Aragon. Mary was married three times, with the last union eventually leading to her downfall. Francis II, King of France In 1558, Mary married Francis, the eldest son of French King Henry II and Catherine de Medicis. In 1559, Mary's husband was crowned Francis II, making Mary both the queen of Scotland and France's queen consort. Being a step below her. Once they were officially joined in matrimony, he was created "King of England." Of course, he still needed to run things by Mary before acting (which he wasn't pleased about), but they were, for all intents and purposes, joint rulers - and Mary was fine and okay with that. She was a traditional woman who believed that a wife should be obedient to her husband and that Philip should be given every respect and privilege that she was given as the monarch. Of course, some of this could have stemmed from her deep affection for him, but it is thought that after only a few months, it was clear to both parties that love was not the basis of their marriage. Though Mary did fall (and fall hard), she accepted that Philip did not feel the same way.

Phillip was very instrumental if getting Elizabeth crown. They were very friendly, and both thought a lot of each other. Plus he and Elizabeth would be a reasonable force in Europe.
So we get to the lies why the Armada? Religion? No! It was because Elizabeth sponsoring pirate ship and attacking and stealing great wealth from Spain and other countries.
It was the weather that actually beat the Armada. Elizabeth withheld the soldier's pay., causing 2/3rd to later be starved to death. The others suffering malnutrition and illnesses.

William Wallace! His father was a small land owner. had about 5 self's. William was a rogue and scoundrel, who spent time robbing and deceiving. Sentence to prison etc. so joined the army.
Well as for the battle of Stirling Bridge he wasn't even there. Seems, though, he may have come later and stayed at the back of the squabble... as for this was (supposedly) being 'Proud Edwards army! He was actually he was in Belgium fighting - maybe over pigeons lol, It was but a 'Peace Keeping force that controlled the borders to force back several hoard rustling the English stocks.
However William was hung drawn and quartered in London.

As for his wife, Marion Braidfute, wife of William Wallace, who was a fictional character concocted by medieval biographers. However, a study of contemporary historical records found no mention of any Braidfutes living in the area at the end of the 13th century. 'Dispelling the myth of Marion is important because we should try to get at the truth beyond the romance that surrounds Wallace'.

Indeed Wallace was never heard of until the 15 centenary, when 'Blind Harry' wrote about him and his supposed escapades. Blind Harry, Henry the Minstrel, or 'Blind Harry' as he is more commonly known, was probably born into a noble family in Lothian. Much of what we know today about the Scottish hero William Wallace was written about 175 years after the events of his life by Harry.

Yes! it warms our cockles hearing the Scottish sing about him before an international game of sport or such. If that fairy tale is the best thing to sing about and to be proud of 800 years later, so be it! No wonder it goes down as a joke. lol
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

once posted i believe Empty
PostSubject: Re: once posted i believe   once posted i believe EmptyWed Sep 01, 2021 3:38 pm

Interesting Daz and too true.

Had a look again at the signs of the end of times.

Very worth considering even to those with no faith.

The possessiin of Jerusalem would be at the centre of international turmoil.
(Zacharia 12:3)

THere would be hypocrits within the Church (Mathew 13:25-30)

MANY wars would erupt (Mathew 24:6).

Homosexuality would be increasingly evident at the end of the age. Timothy (3:3).

Earthquakes would be in diverse places (Mathew 24:7).

Stress would be part of living (Timothy 3:1)

Knowledge would increase ( Daniel 1)

There would be hypocrites within the Church ( Mathew 13:25-30).

Just a few matters to consider along with many other truths.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com

once posted i believe
Page 1 of 1