Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Alnwick Benzing Live  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 9:05 am

» Weather today
Alnwick Benzing Live  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:42 am

» King removes Patronage
Alnwick Benzing Live  Emptyby David Yesterday at 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
Alnwick Benzing Live  Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Alnwick Benzing Live  Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Alnwick Benzing Live  Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
Alnwick Benzing Live  Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Alnwick Benzing Live  Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
Alnwick Benzing Live  Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Alnwick Benzing Live  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 77 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 77 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Alnwick Benzing Live  Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Alnwick Benzing Live  Vote_lcapAlnwick Benzing Live  Voting_barAlnwick Benzing Live  Vote_rcap 
David
Alnwick Benzing Live  Vote_lcapAlnwick Benzing Live  Voting_barAlnwick Benzing Live  Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222765 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Alnwick Benzing Live  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Alnwick Benzing Live  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Alnwick Benzing Live

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Alnwick Benzing Live  Empty
PostSubject: Alnwick Benzing Live    Alnwick Benzing Live  EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 10:36 am

as far as i can see this is the benzing ling for the final ......he hasnt put it on the rpra website or his facebook page , but i think this is it, and will change if not .

good luck to our two birds ........ cheers cheers cheers

https://www.oneloftrace.live/?page=0&loft_id=58&flight_id=1632568165&season_id=9
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Alnwick Benzing Live    Alnwick Benzing Live  EmptySun Sep 26, 2021 10:49 am

good luck to 75 & 76 cheers i reckon around 5 hrs 45 mins about 2.30 pm for first arrivals
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Alnwick Benzing Live    Alnwick Benzing Live  EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 1:37 am

oldstrain wrote:
good luck to 75 & 76 cheers i reckon around 5 hrs 45 mins about 2.30 pm  for first arrivals
Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Alnwick Benzing Live    Alnwick Benzing Live  EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 8:46 am

ever been wrong oz cheers mind you nobody more dissapointed than me having bred the birds we entered and to not see one on the day but i dont think 40 mph was out the question for yesterdays final,when i read they had headed off down the east coast it was a affraid moment for me

Last edited by oldstrain on Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Alnwick Benzing Live    Alnwick Benzing Live  EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 9:00 am

Knackered wrote:
oldstrain wrote:
good luck to 75 & 76 cheers i reckon around 5 hrs 45 mins about 2.30 pm  for first arrivals
Smile Smile. cheers
Yet to find anyone perfect oldstrain.

Would be a real pain in the posterior.

This year all round has been ??????.

But think the  OL birds could have been better handled, said so from day one.

Think the whole scenario needs a complete re-think including numbers involved.

Think a real mess but still have sympathy for Jeremmy.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Alnwick Benzing Live    Alnwick Benzing Live  EmptyMon Sep 27, 2021 9:06 am

too many birds crammed in now misty ,health issues and birds not happy with there lot
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Alnwick Benzing Live    Alnwick Benzing Live  EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 1:02 pm

14 birds back today, total birds home now is 331 from 525 ......so 194 away yet .
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Alnwick Benzing Live    Alnwick Benzing Live  EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 3:09 pm

oldstrain wrote:
too many birds crammed in now misty ,health issues and birds not happy with there lot

I feel that instead of having simple silly training tosses of 11 - 14 miles they should hbe trained to the corn. Open loft and strict times of feeding. Clean water as it would be changed regilarly and often.

Yes those then niot happy wouldn't giving hope for 'Hopeful' owners.
They would be up and down / chasing, out side of a pigeon 'Walking' it is the best exercise to bring about great condition.

First toss at least 25 miles. second 50. Then if and when 60 od miles. To be fed in of course.

Wouldn't hurt none if possible to seperate the sexes and alternative days out. Plus indoors Sunday. 3 days out, Darken loft after 4 30, or all the time later means plenty of exercise and plenty of rest!

Give the birds a chance to prove themselves, or bugger off!

Some countries, like Germany etc. after the y/b season sendthe better ones to the S.A. Sun one loft races.
When out, hungry and realising that they can't make home go back for the grub!

Grub and feding has always been part and partial of pigeon training. Whether 12 pair loft or .... J.M.O.

Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Alnwick Benzing Live    Alnwick Benzing Live  EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 4:12 pm

Think many may have found pastures anew they like better.

Would like to know just how many get reported.

Just think of the numbers  lost from the original intake.

Along with the thousands lost by other fanciers this year.

Would think the RPRA would  be inundated with reports of strays.

Perhaps fanciers just  cannot be bothered.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Alnwick Benzing Live    Alnwick Benzing Live  EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 4:22 pm

i wonder how many finally made it home from the yearling final .....
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Alnwick Benzing Live    Alnwick Benzing Live  EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 4:43 pm

Yes David, think we  do not get all the relevent information.

Do they transfer reported pigeons to those who report them, what happens to late commers, a few weeks or months after the final race.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Alnwick Benzing Live    Alnwick Benzing Live  EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 5:02 pm

not sure misty, but if they send for them back i doubt very much anyone would buy them in auction, when they have been returned by a courier etc ....
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Alnwick Benzing Live    Alnwick Benzing Live  EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 6:18 pm

David wrote:
not sure misty, but if they send for them back i doubt very much anyone would buy them in auction, when they have been returned by a courier etc ....
The more I think about it the more doubts I have about the whole set up.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Alnwick Benzing Live    Alnwick Benzing Live  EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 7:00 pm

you and me both misty, have thoroughly enjoyed the one loft syndicate over the years, but this year has been an eye opener to say the least ......was it the same other years and we just didnt notice, or has it just changed this year Question Question scratch
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Alnwick Benzing Live    Alnwick Benzing Live  EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 7:59 pm

Could be a combination of many things David.

Firstly, health of the pigeons.

Then the weather being a problem involving matters we know little or nothing about.

Of course the treatment the pigeons receive in preventative and curative measures if flock treated can be detrimental.

Then the accomodation and lack of any real incentive.

Not to mention raptors which are no doubt a real problem.

Looking at most OL races, they all have problems 

Overall they are accomodated and treated in an unatural manner, so you get abnormal results, some years good, some bad and others indifferent.

THATS LIFE.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Alnwick Benzing Live    Alnwick Benzing Live  EmptyTue Sep 28, 2021 10:27 pm

i agree about lack of incentive misty, although logic tells us a percentage will pair up of their own accord, but maybe hens are due to lay, or have just laid when they are basketed for training or a race........upon return i see the birds trap reasonably well, but with no urgency, and if they were club racing that would mean being in the results or not .

we all know ybs will race to the perch, and simply "home", but i think they do need something more of an incentive to home quickly, and a love of home .

i reckon a lot of birds would not even be flying well around the lofts, when they are started training, they would be virtually taken from the loft without even ranging from the loft, whenever we have seen update videos they are mainly sat on the loft roof, or pecking around on the grass, with only a small percentage of birds exercising around the loft .
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Alnwick Benzing Live    Alnwick Benzing Live  EmptyWed Sep 29, 2021 5:03 am

David wrote:
you and me both misty, have thoroughly enjoyed the one loft syndicate over the years, but this year has been an eye opener to say the least ......was it the same other years and we just didnt notice, or has it just changed this year Question Question scratch
Only thing there that's changed etc David Smile Smile are the birds as such over the years I suggest. When a man Smile Smile openly admits Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes he is happy each year to take them walking type distance for their first toss to educate them all bounce bounce something is maybe wrong in paradise somehow I suspect/suggest.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Alnwick Benzing Live    Alnwick Benzing Live  EmptyWed Sep 29, 2021 8:25 am

ive done that in the past knackered, took them a mile down the road, or even a few hundred yards down the road, reason being because they wernt exercising around home .....i thought it would get them going, but it never quite worked out like that as it either took them two days to come home, or they never returned home ...i wonder if jeremy takes them a couple of miles down the road, for the same reason ..... Question Question
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Alnwick Benzing Live    Alnwick Benzing Live  EmptyWed Sep 29, 2021 7:45 pm

I feel if you get the young birds in a comfotable settled environment then a first
 toss of 30/ 40 miles would be appropriate in most cases, in particular if you have bred them yourself and even better if they go back a few generations in the same loft.

Know there is a big difference between open loft and keeping them in 20 hours a day.

Just prior to deciding to calling it a day I had 16 yearlings never seen a basket.

Sent 8 to first race all back in race time, sent the other 8 to second race, all back in race time.

Did not expect to win as the club was was flying 5 miles shorter but they were well up with the local clubs.

Not being able to do my share of the club work I decided it was unfair to expect
others to do all the work, do not get me wrong, the Filey club offered to do everything for me, one grand little member even pulled a chair up for me to sit on and watch proceedings.

But it became a burden rather than a pleasure, basketing and travelling to the club so I reluctantly decided to stop racing.

When the first channel race came round I was feeling a bit better and decided to send four of the yearlings.

Each had had one race in the basket.

I timed two, rubbers still in sealed STB, one returned later in the day and I know not if the other one returned, as by then I was just going through the motions 
trying to sort out if I had pigeon lung or not.

So irrespective of all the theories you cannot beat FACTS

Pigeons DO NOT NEED IN AND OUT OF THE BASKET AND NOT FROM JUST DOWN THE ROAD.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Alnwick Benzing Live    Alnwick Benzing Live  EmptyThu Sep 30, 2021 12:55 am

David wrote:
ive done that in the past knackered, took them a mile down the road, or even a few hundred yards down the road, reason being because they wernt exercising around home .....i thought it would get them going, but it never quite worked out like that as it either took them two days to come home, or they never returned home ...i wonder if jeremy takes them a couple of miles down the road, for the same reason ..... Question Question
Truth be told Smile Smile mega years ago here David Smile Smile I did much the same etc. Found pushing a bicycle, back when Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes hard going I'm affraid when looking to toss a decent type distance Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: Alnwick Benzing Live    Alnwick Benzing Live  EmptyThu Sep 30, 2021 1:53 am

oldstrain wrote:
ever been wrong oz  cheers mind you nobody more dissapointed than me having bred the birds we entered and to not see one on the day but i dont think 40 mph was out the question for yesterdays final,when i read they had headed off down the east coast it was a affraid moment for me
You were basically right I suggest with your thinking process etc O/S Smile Smile But Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes you were thinking in racing terms I somehow suspect bounce bounce & forgot maybe they had been trained & tuned in to be homer types there Wink Wink Now, on that other matter as such lol! lol! lol! Yes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I once made a mistake I'm affraid 50 odd years ago type of thing lol! lol! lol! & every 2nd day here now bounce bounce my lovely Joyce keeps reminding me of it as such Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Alnwick Benzing Live    Alnwick Benzing Live  EmptyThu Sep 30, 2021 11:08 am

lol! lol! lol! seems we have birds of a feather in the wife department oz ....yes your right the rpra one loft birds seem only to be in homer mode not racing as such i dont remember seeing them ripping up the skies on a loft fly and have found the like here to be the first to fall by the wayside or just home and never in race mode as such
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Alnwick Benzing Live    Alnwick Benzing Live  EmptyFri Oct 01, 2021 1:41 pm

looks like 345 birds home now, and 180 still not accounted for ......
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Alnwick Benzing Live    Alnwick Benzing Live  EmptyFri Oct 01, 2021 2:35 pm

David wrote:
looks like 345 birds home now, and 180 still not accounted for ......
Of the 345 a few will have had nights out or even weeks.

Taking into account the orinal number started with, the actual distances flown I feel under any circumstances the result is rather pathetic.

However, the more lost the sooner the work is reduced, as is all the the costs  involved.

Maybe method in the madness.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Alnwick Benzing Live    Alnwick Benzing Live  EmptyFri Oct 01, 2021 4:14 pm

i look at it like this there was 1525 to start with lets narrow this down to 15.25 birds so would you be happy with 3.45 left after 4 races of a programme ,certainly not it would be a very bad season eh and remember the normal is 8 or 9 races not 4 Shocked it was indeed a bad season at the one loft but to be fair not much different to other one lofts in this country eh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alnwick Benzing Live    Alnwick Benzing Live  Empty

Back to top Go down

Alnwick Benzing Live
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next