Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
RPRA Yearling Auction Emptyby David Today at 2:49 pm

» Good Morning
RPRA Yearling Auction Emptyby David Today at 2:48 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
RPRA Yearling Auction Emptyby David Today at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
RPRA Yearling Auction Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
RPRA Yearling Auction Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
RPRA Yearling Auction Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
RPRA Yearling Auction Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
RPRA Yearling Auction Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
RPRA Yearling Auction Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) RPRA Yearling Auction 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 19 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 17 Guests :: 1 Bot

David, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.RPRA Yearling Auction Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
RPRA Yearling Auction Vote_lcapRPRA Yearling Auction Voting_barRPRA Yearling Auction Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
RPRA Yearling Auction Vote_lcapRPRA Yearling Auction Voting_barRPRA Yearling Auction Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222882 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
RPRA Yearling Auction Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
RPRA Yearling Auction Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

RPRA Yearling Auction

Go down 
+2
Knackered
David
6 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

RPRA Yearling Auction Empty
PostSubject: RPRA Yearling Auction   RPRA Yearling Auction EmptyThu Sep 30, 2021 11:04 pm

RPRA Yearling Auction Yearli10
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Yearling Auction   RPRA Yearling Auction EmptyThu Sep 30, 2021 11:13 pm

YEARLINGS 2021 AUCTION
September 30th, 2021
The auction of the One Loft 2021 Yearlings will open on Monday 11th October (11am) on our dedicated auction website, and run until Wednesday 20th October (4pm).

The list of birds to be auctioned can be downloaded here, with lot numbers determined by finishing positions in the Final Race. Please note that lots will not appear on the site until the auction goes live.

You will need to be registered on the site to be able to bid online – just follow the detailed instructions on the home page. Postal bids will also be accepted, but bids will not be accepted by telephone. By registering/bidding you agree to accept and abide by the Auction Rules.

The usual site terms & conditions will apply. If you have any queries please contact us on 01452 713529 or at rpraoneloft@rpra.org
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Yearling Auction   RPRA Yearling Auction EmptyThu Sep 30, 2021 11:14 pm

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Yearling Auction   RPRA Yearling Auction EmptyFri Oct 01, 2021 1:11 am

David wrote:
list of 62 yearlings to be auctioned

https://www.rpra.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/YR21-auction-list.pdf
Talk Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes about flogging a dead horse type of thing David Smile Smile My bones tell me here Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I'm  affraid  another total disaster in the making etc I suspect  Wink  Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Yearling Auction   RPRA Yearling Auction EmptyFri Oct 01, 2021 11:43 am

yearling one loft started with 250 birds (at £200 per bird) , so 62 in the yearling auction isnt that bad considering the abysmal racing they had , and to say only 2 birds homed on the day in the final ....
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Yearling Auction   RPRA Yearling Auction EmptyFri Oct 01, 2021 1:48 pm

thing is they had already guarenteed 250 yearlings at £225 in entry fees alone so the 62 going to auction will be a nice top up eh and a extra bonus for the coffers ,much needed after corona virus hitting the blackpool show last year Wink
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Yearling Auction   RPRA Yearling Auction EmptyFri Oct 01, 2021 2:27 pm

Had actually forgotten about the yearlings, seems ages ago.

Wonder what they have  been doing with them.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Yearling Auction   RPRA Yearling Auction EmptyFri Oct 01, 2021 6:21 pm

Could possibly have had a nice round of youngsters ??????.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Yearling Auction   RPRA Yearling Auction EmptyFri Oct 01, 2021 9:26 pm

MISTY wrote:
Could possibly have had a nice round of youngsters ??????.

Regards.

possibly, if the 1st and 2nd bird home on the day were cock and hen ...... Suspect
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Yearling Auction   RPRA Yearling Auction EmptySat Oct 02, 2021 10:43 am

Could have bred from them all David, can see no reason why not, once in the name of  the RPRA they belong to them.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Yearling Auction   RPRA Yearling Auction EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 12:35 am

David wrote:
yearling one loft started with 250 birds (at £200 per bird) , so 62 in the yearling auction isnt that bad considering the abysmal racing they had , and to say only 2 birds homed on the day in the final ....
Must be an age thing Smile Smile I'm affraid  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad completely lost here now lol! lol! lol! where/what are these birds mentioned etc. Magic trick in play maybe somehow Very Happy Very Happy as I'm totally & utterly confused here Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Yearling Auction   RPRA Yearling Auction EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 9:18 am

Knackered wrote:
David wrote:
Must be an age thing Smile Smile I'm affraid  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad completely lost here now lol! lol! lol! where/what are these birds mentioned etc. Magic trick in play maybe somehow Very Happy Very Happy as I'm totally & utterly confused here Wink Wink. cheers
Had me tinking Knackered.

Apparently they are auctioning all the yearlings that have returned to the loft from the last Yearlings Race.

Had forgotten about the fiasco, after only two returned on the day

Do not know if ours eventualy returned.

Eventualy there will be enough imponderables involved to write a book.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Yearling Auction   RPRA Yearling Auction EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 10:07 am

62 Shocked i guess the others have worked in over the weeks/months ...similar percentage as the ybs ,i just dont understand why they dont race the yearlings on a transporter with an organisation when such small numbers were involved ,ok granted its not convenient having to go to a club to basket up but surely a good race for the entrants and bords themselves should be paramount
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Yearling Auction   RPRA Yearling Auction EmptyMon Oct 04, 2021 11:42 pm

oldstrain wrote:
62 Shocked  i guess the others have worked in over the weeks/months ...similar percentage as the ybs ,i just dont understand why they dont race the yearlings on a transporter with an organisation when such small numbers were involved ,ok granted its not convenient having to go to a club to basket up but surely a good race for the entrants and bords themselves  should be paramount
Interesting O/S Smile Smile if that is so etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes be interesting to know thou Very Happy Very Happy when the actual owners of the birds actually found out they had birds turn up out of the blue type of thing there Wink Wink Now  lol!  lol!  lol! you maybe have it all wrong with your thinking Wink  Wink I'm  affraid as I would give them all here bounce  bounce 34 tosses from the paddock next door there & then straight into the last & only race as such at 300 odd miles & perhaps also maybe for the sheer enjoyment factor  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes maybe liberate them all at sunset type of thing  Wink  Wink after the last debacle we unfortunately had with our race from the past.  cheers
Back to top Go down
barnie
Youngbird
Youngbird
barnie

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Yearling Auction   RPRA Yearling Auction EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 8:08 am

They'll all sell, some will make good money. I know they'll be off fanciers best stock but not sure how introducing birds that take 48 hrs to come from 10 miles and a week to come from 100 miles will improve anyone's performances going forward?
I know circumstances around training and racing contributed to the situation but for me, well I wouldn't be buying.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Yearling Auction   RPRA Yearling Auction EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 8:25 am

i think its the same old story colin, fanciers buying ybs off g g grand parents who won a couple of firsts, or buying "stock birds" that have never bred anything any good .........too much is placed on a pedigree with some fanciers, or a breed name .

take for instance my van reets, ive sold them on internet for the past 3 - 4 years, never do i fail to sell any, they all sell ........yet i have never raced the van reets, so i dont know which, or if any, are any good, yes they have bred birds to win for some who bought them, but the buyers are simply buying them because of the name, whereas my janssens have actually won for me and my brother, yet no one would buy them.......strange isnt it .
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Yearling Auction   RPRA Yearling Auction EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 3:51 pm

Would bet a few bob David in the hands of some, your Jannsens would take on a different name, namely Van Reets.

Probably the Jannsen young would do better than the Van Reets but go forward as  Van Reets.

Good job  those paying ridiculous for Champions and their young can now have the advantage of DNA.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Yearling Auction   RPRA Yearling Auction EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 6:41 pm

Know a few well known names selling other 'Names' when not. Know a 'Well Name' selling other 'Fanciers' birds Not his.
Seen them advertised in the 'Pigeon mags' etc.
Had one well know Seller giving a pigeon of mine - great looker-and  used as an advertisement. Yes ring number and even even published it's photograpths and race results, several wins at that!.
Said the 'Photograther' had made a mistake and took them. Well even if that was so ... the Photograpther wouldn't have know the results. Which were very untrue.
I took the pigeon back pronto!
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Yearling Auction   RPRA Yearling Auction EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 11:35 pm

Daz wrote:
Know a few well known names selling other 'Names' when not. Know a 'Well Name' selling other 'Fanciers' birds Not his.
Seen them advertised in the 'Pigeon mags' etc.
Had one well know Seller giving a pigeon of mine - great looker-and  used as an advertisement. Yes ring number and even even published it's photograpths and race results, several wins at that!.
Said the 'Photograther' had made a mistake and took them. Well even if that was so ... the Photograpther wouldn't have know the results. Which were very untrue.
I took the pigeon back pronto!
Been the same Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes since time began I suggest Daz Very Happy Very Happy Still remember the day here Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad the first one I met as a kid bounce bounce a bloke called Abicair Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes waved the magic wand, in his special way bounce bounce & found what ever your desire was lol! lol! lol! back when, when he went into his loft Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Yearling Auction   RPRA Yearling Auction EmptyTue Oct 05, 2021 11:43 pm

barnie wrote:
They'll all sell, some will make good money. I know they'll be off fanciers best stock but not sure how introducing birds that take 48 hrs to come from 10 miles and a week to come from 100 miles will improve anyone's performances going forward?
I know circumstances around training and racing contributed to the situation but for me, well I wouldn't be buying.
Crazy isn't etc Barnie Smile Smile Look up Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes their history Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad as one can bounce bounce & on average, I could walk faster here than what most of them have done there over the season Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Yearling Auction   RPRA Yearling Auction Empty

Back to top Go down

RPRA Yearling Auction
Page 1 of 1