Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
Creating a Line  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 9:00 am

» Good Morning
Creating a Line  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:56 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
Creating a Line  Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:01 pm

» APHA Forms .......
Creating a Line  Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
Creating a Line  Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Creating a Line  Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Creating a Line  Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Creating a Line  Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Creating a Line  Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Creating a Line  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 26 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 26 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Creating a Line  Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Creating a Line  Vote_lcapCreating a Line  Voting_barCreating a Line  Vote_rcap 
David
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222875 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Creating a Line  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Creating a Line  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Creating a Line

Go down 
+2
Don Webb
David
6 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Creating a Line  Empty
PostSubject: Creating a Line    Creating a Line  EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 10:12 am

i watch a dog channel on you tube, the creator breeds his own line / breed of dogs.........i read in the comments it says to breed your own line of horse it takes 3 generations, and to create your own line of dogs takes 5 generations.

how many would it take to create your own line of pigeons, any thoughts ...?
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Creating a Line  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creating a Line    Creating a Line  EmptySun Oct 17, 2021 10:34 pm

I know a lot off fanciers like to bye a complete round for 3 years then they have every line off that loft they are buying from

Think that's why a lot of Belgium fanciers have contracts with other fanciers buying from them
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Creating a Line  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creating a Line    Creating a Line  EmptyMon Oct 18, 2021 12:57 am

Don Webb wrote:
I know a lot off fanciers like to bye a complete round for 3 years then they have every line off that loft they are buying from

Think that's why a lot of Belgium fanciers have contracts with other fanciers buying from them  
In certain/some ways etc Don Smile Smile it's a nonsense type query/question here I suggest Wink Wink for the average type flyer on the whole Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes One could even say Smile Smile it's a British type thing, maybe Very Happy Very Happy & the Belgium's like many others have found a far better ways to be successful on the race track than worrying about breeding what one would call a typical family type of thing in a pigeon sense. Have an old book here Smile Smile Creatation of a Strain, some where Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad listed how many of your old flyers, back when went about making their families of the day & for the most part they just went about bringing good pigeons of the highest order like the Belgium's do & have done so for years etc. End of the day Very Happy Very Happy all related to the rock dove Wink Wink & maybe a few homing crows I suspect even maybe Smile Smile. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Creating a Line  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creating a Line    Creating a Line  EmptyMon Oct 18, 2021 9:30 am

best to best or first cross of 2 inbred families ...your always taking a chance anyway when breeding on pedigrees as alot of porky pies going on eh so best to best on performance for me
Back to top Go down
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Creating a Line  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creating a Line    Creating a Line  EmptyMon Oct 18, 2021 11:40 am

Well I always thought, feel, believe that 'Best to Best' means - down the line - 'Worst to Worst' mated!
12 pairs means soon all 12 pairs would/will be mated!
Maybe eggs saved and placed later under a 'surrogate' pair.... but then very time consuming I fear.
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Creating a Line  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creating a Line    Creating a Line  EmptyMon Oct 18, 2021 1:48 pm

Think over the years George Busschaert can be said to have had a great impact  on racing pigeons in this country.

Reading his history in the sport, he never had a BREED of pigeon, he had a mixture of  all sorts.

His history in the sport is good reading and dispells many theories.

For me I bought the nearest to the Champions I could and from many different sources and let their off spring get on with it in open loft.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Creating a Line  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creating a Line    Creating a Line  EmptyMon Oct 18, 2021 4:02 pm

Certainly George Busschaert set many records here. Many more he set in Belgium too. Both times he flew in Belgium. Second time he had to fly under sister, and/or another relative as no club would let him join.

Why! Because he bought off Delbar afer the war's ending.

When he flew in the Kent feds he set the place alive.

Possibly top stock man. Definately in top three of all time.
Along with Janseen and Masserella.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Creating a Line  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creating a Line    Creating a Line  EmptyMon Oct 18, 2021 7:05 pm

oldstrain wrote:
best to best or first cross of 2 inbred families  ...your always taking a chance anyway when breeding on pedigrees as alot of porky pies going on eh so best to best on performance for me

I couldn't agree more Daz Best to best for me everytime
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Creating a Line  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creating a Line    Creating a Line  EmptyMon Oct 18, 2021 8:43 pm

Daz wrote:
Certainly George Busschaert set many records here. Many more he set in Belgium too. Both times he flew in Belgium. Second time he had to fly under sister, and/or another relative as no club would let him join.

Why! Because he bought off Delbar afer the war's ending.

When he flew in the Kent feds he set the place alive.

Possibly top stock man. Definately in top three of all time.
Along with Janseen and Masserella.

Daz I am sorry to bring bad news to you but Busschaert had pigeons from everyone who won, THIS FROM THE HORSES MPOUTH, my friend J.T Lawley (Tommy) from West Bromwich, was visiting Belguim like he did every year and he was visiting Busscheart when there one afternoon, Busschaert had 3 large baskests of youngsters delivered and they were mianly dark/black chequers
Tommy asked George where have this come from and George was quite open he said they are Stauitabults the only person who Tommy knew with the Stauitabult strain was Andre Leatard (Sorry about spelling) and Tommy did not buy from George but brought from Andre
And if you do your homework Tommy was the best in the country

George had pigeons from everyone who ever was winning he had a round off youngster

That is the biggest problem with UK fanciers we want pigeons from Dirk Van Den Bulk, Leo Hermans ect, there pigeons are all from best to best crossed with there own

What fanciers don't realise is that everything in Belgium is Heinz 57

Belgium fanciers are only interested in performance pigeons full stop regardless off strain (Long or Short Distance breeding) as long as they win that's all that matters to them
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Creating a Line  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creating a Line    Creating a Line  EmptyMon Oct 18, 2021 9:56 pm

oldstrain wrote:
best to best or first cross of 2 inbred families  ...your always taking a chance anyway when breeding on pedigrees as alot of porky pies going on eh so best to best on performance for me

Daz going on about getting a line, remember Henry Gonzalas from Bristol he was a brilliant fancier on the north road, all his pigeons were crosses

Remember speaking to Henry at Blackpool after his sale and he was not happy with there prices but like Henry said I tell the truth my pigeons are crosses and i'm not going to tell lies and say they are pure this and pure that when they are not just to make money but never mind.

You could say Henry's pigeons where Heinz 57 but they won big
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Creating a Line  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creating a Line    Creating a Line  EmptyMon Oct 18, 2021 11:12 pm

Don Webb wrote:
oldstrain wrote:

Daz going on about getting a line, remember Henry Gonzalas from Bristol he was a brilliant fancier on the north road, all his pigeons were crosses

Remember speaking to Henry at Blackpool after his sale and he was not happy with there prices but like Henry said I tell the truth my pigeons are crosses and i'm not going to tell lies and say they are pure this and pure that when they are not just to make money but never mind.

Seem to recall from the past here etc Don Smile Smile  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes (could be wrong) he had great success with some of the best of Verheye's there type of thing on his journey to fame in a racing sense. Remember, because at one stage here bounce bounce I actually fell in love here with some of those Rainstorm Verheye's  Very Happy  Very Happy  being pretty pied types that could sprint faster than my old plodder distance types I once had  Smile  Smile back when. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Creating a Line  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creating a Line    Creating a Line  EmptyTue Oct 19, 2021 8:54 am

Knackered wrote:
Don Webb wrote:
oldstrain wrote:

Seem to recall from the past here etc Don Smile Smile  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes (could be wrong) he had great success with some of the best of Verheye's there type of thing on his journey to fame in a racing sense. Remember, because at one stage here bounce bounce I actually fell in love here with some of those Rainstorm Verheye's  Very Happy  Very Happy  being pretty pied types that could sprint faster than my old plodder distance types I once had  Smile  Smile back when. cheers

yes oz/don henry had vereyes and buschaerts and a few other bits and bobs ,henry was one of the most informative fanciers i have been lucky enough to meet henry was winning in a club with over 50 members sending in the same club as my grandfather henry would take the first 6 in most races up to 300 miles ,amazing really ,he then went onto competition fishing and did very well at that to henry is just one of those"knowing" type of guys Smile but a real gent
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

Creating a Line  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creating a Line    Creating a Line  EmptyTue Oct 19, 2021 9:25 am

There is no such thing as a PURE BREED.

There will allways be genes involved not developed by the breeder.

If the studs were subject to quality control and value for money they would all be out of business, at least 90% sold will be rubbish.

The same applies to horse racing and other sports involving animals.

A stallion will cover hundreds of mares a year yet only a hand full will be above selling platers, and the very odd one percentage wise a classic winner.

Looking at some of the townies, fit as fiddles, perhaps a better place to look for healthy pigeons is the town centre.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
Daz
Youngbird
Youngbird

Creating a Line  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creating a Line    Creating a Line  EmptyTue Oct 19, 2021 12:05 pm

Agreed Don 100% he did. Unbelievably, indeed Miracously, he also bought - for fanciers - a pair from very far afield, - miles away, from two different fanciers he, the fanciers had never seen that went to stock and bred winners!

I was saying he was never forgiven for buying his first birds from Delbar Don.
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

Creating a Line  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creating a Line    Creating a Line  EmptyTue Oct 19, 2021 11:10 pm

MISTY wrote:
There is no such thing as a PURE BREED.

There will allways be genes involved not developed by the breeder.

If the studs were subject to quality control and value for money they would all be out of business, at least 90% sold will be rubbish.

The same applies to horse racing and other sports involving animals.

A stallion will cover hundreds of mares a year yet only a hand full will be above selling platers, and the very odd one percentage wise a classic winner.

Looking at some of the townies, fit as fiddles, perhaps a better place to look for healthy pigeons is the town centre.

Regards.
Smile Smile True Wink Wink pigeons or horses Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes easy way to burn a hole in your pocket type of thing I suggest Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Creating a Line  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Creating a Line    Creating a Line  Empty

Back to top Go down

Creating a Line
Page 1 of 1