Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
How much do members feed ? Emptyby Knackered Today at 10:26 am

» Good Morning
How much do members feed ? Emptyby Knackered Today at 10:21 am

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
How much do members feed ? Emptyby Knackered Today at 10:07 am

» overnight and multiple nights basket
How much do members feed ? Emptyby Knackered Today at 9:37 am

» RPRA Auction
How much do members feed ? Emptyby David Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:04 pm

» First post on pigeon categories
How much do members feed ? Emptyby oldstrain Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:26 am

» Catching a pigeon
How much do members feed ? Emptyby oldstrain Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:25 am

» RPRA Latest .
How much do members feed ? Emptyby David Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:14 pm

» RPRA Levy ?
How much do members feed ? Emptyby David Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:43 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) How much do members feed ? 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 77 users online :: 3 Registered, 0 Hidden and 74 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan, Knackered, tanveerhbaig

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.How much do members feed ? Resise10
Top posting users this week
Knackered
How much do members feed ? Vote_lcapHow much do members feed ? Voting_barHow much do members feed ? Vote_rcap 
tanveerhbaig
How much do members feed ? Vote_lcapHow much do members feed ? Voting_barHow much do members feed ? Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
George & Morgan
David
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221846 messages in 13968 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
How much do members feed ? Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
How much do members feed ? Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

How much do members feed ?

Go down 
+7
peel bros
Guest user
bakes
IANYOUNG
Grizzle cock
Don Webb
David
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

How much do members feed ? Empty
PostSubject: How much do members feed ?   How much do members feed ? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 8:42 pm

how much do memebers give each bird per day, old birds and young birds ?
do they feed more or less when exercising or racing ?

at the moment ive got my ybs on an oz per day, but would be feeding one and a quarter oz per day if racing....
stock birds are on one oz per day and as much as they want when feeding.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: How much do members feed ?   How much do members feed ? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 10:09 pm

Can't see anything wrong with the amounts of food
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: How much do members feed ?   How much do members feed ? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 10:11 pm

I would increase the food when training and racing as they need more food to replace the lost energy
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: How much do members feed ?   How much do members feed ? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 11:31 pm

im keeping them at one oz at the moment because although they seem to be getting into a routine at the moment the only thing they are doing wrong is when they have come back from ranging they land on the house roof.....as soon as i call them they come down and straight into the loft, bit how can i stop them doing this ?i throw soil up at them but i cant keep doing this....they dont sit around all day on the rooftops so its not that bad, but the more i let them get away with it the harder it will be to get them in maybe....
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: How much do members feed ?   How much do members feed ? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 11:34 pm

Thats were the whistle comes in, they hear that and they are in
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: How much do members feed ?   How much do members feed ? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 11:42 pm

always had them go on the house roof when settling them and this doesnt bother me, but this year they havnt got out of the habit like last years ybs. i think one of the problems is the big tree near the front of my loft that is in th eway.....going to have to cut some off...... affraid
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: How much do members feed ?   How much do members feed ? EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 10:31 pm

cut the food a little at a time so oyu get to the stage were as soon as you call them they come straight in
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: How much do members feed ?   How much do members feed ? EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 10:36 pm

hi don, yes thats what ive been doing for the last couple of days so that its just under an oz per bird....today they landed straight onto the loft instead of the house roof. im going to saw a couple of the big branches of the tree what is in front of the loft as i think its putting them off as well.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: How much do members feed ?   How much do members feed ? EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 11:00 pm

Just cut the tree back a little and keep the pigeons on that amount of corn so they are trapping to the loft and not on the roof
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: How much do members feed ?   How much do members feed ? EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 11:00 pm

Once you get the balance right then you are on your way
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: How much do members feed ?   How much do members feed ? EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 11:05 pm

yes don, i had that trouble last year with the ybs, too little food and they wont fly....too much and they wont come in the loft. some times ive noticed that if i give a little bit less food instead of them being hungry and not wanting to fly, they fly longer and go off for longer... Question
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: How much do members feed ?   How much do members feed ? EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 11:26 pm

Stick to that method and you will win
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: How much do members feed ?   How much do members feed ? EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 11:45 pm

they are doing ok now don after a shaky start...they are settling into a routine and flying from 40 mins to 55 mins when i let them out. i know some fanciers fly longer but im not racing them this year as you know so im happy with 40-55 mins. what ill do is try give them a bit of training so they will at least get an idea of what to expect when racing and get them used to coming out of a basket etc.
Back to top Go down
Grizzle cock
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: How much do members feed ?   How much do members feed ? EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 7:34 pm

Feeding once a day, as much as they can gobble in, about an hour of happy feeding per day, works for me. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: How much do members feed ?   How much do members feed ? EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 8:16 pm

hi niel, how many times a day do you exercise round loft ? once or twice....how long do they fly for.
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: How much do members feed ?   How much do members feed ? EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 8:18 pm

i feed twice a day after 1 hours fly
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: How much do members feed ?   How much do members feed ? EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 8:25 pm

let my ybs out this morning and normally they go off/fly for 40-50 mins...this morning they were gone for 1 hour and 50 mins!!! was thinking they had gone..... dont know why they disappeared for that lenght of time ?hope it doesnt happen regular as i have to stay and wait for them to come back. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Grizzle cock
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: How much do members feed ?   How much do members feed ? EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 7:15 pm

Hi all, i let them out ,about 2 hours before dusk, they circle for about 40 min, to an hour, then they come in straight away, to eat
They get 100% barley wednesday and sunday they get maize
I've never seen them with so much vigour.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: How much do members feed ?   How much do members feed ? EmptyFri Jul 24, 2009 8:02 pm

hi niel, i think i will feed barley during the winter and when im racing widowhood break them down after the race by using it.....is it your first race this weekend ? if it is let us know how you do.....good luck. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: How much do members feed ?   How much do members feed ? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 5:35 pm

niel, hows your racing going, last i heard they were postponing due to bad weather.... cheers
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: How much do members feed ?   How much do members feed ? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 6:06 pm

yes niel let us know please
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: How much do members feed ?   How much do members feed ? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 7:03 pm

where are you tommorrow ian ?
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: How much do members feed ?   How much do members feed ? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 7:25 pm

we are at worksop 113 mile
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: How much do members feed ?   How much do members feed ? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 7:43 pm

how many are you sending ? all of them ?
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: How much do members feed ?   How much do members feed ? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 9:50 pm

yes david 33 the hen that came last week is sitting eggs they are now chipping so fingers crossed for this week
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much do members feed ?   How much do members feed ? Empty

Back to top Go down

How much do members feed ?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next