Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» escaped birds return
NOT GONE FISHING - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:59 pm

» Weather today
NOT GONE FISHING - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 11:44 am

» Good Morning
NOT GONE FISHING - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 11:42 am

» King removes Patronage
NOT GONE FISHING - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Tue May 07, 2024 7:21 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
NOT GONE FISHING - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
NOT GONE FISHING - Page 2 Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
NOT GONE FISHING - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
NOT GONE FISHING - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
NOT GONE FISHING - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) NOT GONE FISHING - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 93 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 93 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.NOT GONE FISHING - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
NOT GONE FISHING - Page 2 Vote_lcapNOT GONE FISHING - Page 2 Voting_barNOT GONE FISHING - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
David
NOT GONE FISHING - Page 2 Vote_lcapNOT GONE FISHING - Page 2 Voting_barNOT GONE FISHING - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
    Statistics
    We have 1297 registered users
    The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222742 messages in 14003 subjects
    Username:
    Password:
    :: I forgot my password
    Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
    NOT GONE FISHING - Page 2 Winnerofwin
    From Fed Topper to Master Chef
    NOT GONE FISHING - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
    Top posters
    David
    oldstrain
    Don Webb
    Knackered
    peel bros
    IANYOUNG
    MISTY
    George & Morgan
    Gaz b
    birdy2011

NOT GONE FISHING

Go down 
    5 posters
    Go to page : Previous  1, 2
    AuthorMessage
    MISTY
    Oldbird
    Oldbird

NOT GONE FISHING - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: NOT GONE FISHING   NOT GONE FISHING - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 13, 2022 12:27 pm

oldstrain wrote:
    and the managers left now,what a mess ....the sale should be looked into with a magnifying glass

Met most of the previous Managers, never met a bad one.

Good men do not leave good jobs.

Think some were sickened by the Old Brigades attitudes.

You base opinions on results and information.

The result of the Old Brigades dogmatic attitude to change if it affected their chance of blocking anything they personally disliked has almost ruined the sport
    beyond recovery.

In any other sport the Hall Report would have been implimented, BUT HEY, the Old Brigde would have had to pack in and they do not want that.

I blame the appathetic and those who support and make excuses for the most henious actions by members of the Council.

Too many Yes Men not enough with backbone.

Then you end up like our sport finds it's self in.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
    http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
    MISTY
    Oldbird
    Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: NOT GONE FISHING   NOT GONE FISHING - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2022 11:44 am

World in a right state, too many problems both natural and man made.

Solution.

Spend billions of pounds on sending load of dummies to the moon.

Apparently they are doing so in the next few weeks.

Could understand it if they sent Putin and a few others, but ??????.
    Back to top Go down
    Knackered
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    Knackered

PostSubject: Re: NOT GONE FISHING   NOT GONE FISHING - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2022 1:16 am

MISTY wrote:
    World in a right state, too many problems both natural and man made.

Solution.

Spend billions of pounds on sending load of dummies to the moon.

Apparently they are doing so in the next few weeks.

Could understand it if they sent Putin and a few others, but ??????.  
    If only Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes as they say. Suspect thou Smile Smile Putin, has other plans there now somehow maybe when thinking of a holiday/retirement Wink Wink. cheers
    Back to top Go down
    MISTY
    Oldbird
    Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: NOT GONE FISHING   NOT GONE FISHING - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 20, 2022 2:57 pm

Just been having a look into why Ian Evans resigned.

Apparently he had been receiving uncalled for flack, cannot find any specifics but enough to sicken him off.

If anyone was suitable and capable of sorting matters out he was the one.but needed backing and the Old Brigade do not want change.

Until the suggestion I made several times in the early 1970s through both the BHW and the RP that no one should serve on the Council for more than four years in total, NOTHING WILL CHANGE,

By the time one OLd Brigade member passes on they have corrupted another to take their place.

Feel very sorry for Ian, think he would have loved the job with the right backing.

AS things are going the only onsleft in the sport will be the Old Brigade and thode with more money than sense.

Golden opportunity missed.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
    MISTY
    Oldbird
    Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: NOT GONE FISHING   NOT GONE FISHING - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 22, 2022 9:49 pm

No news of a new Cheif yet, no dount sifting through applicants sorting out who they can manipulate more easily.

Be very interesting when one is chosen.

REgards.

Back to top Go down
    Mick B
    Chipping
    Chipping
    Mick B

PostSubject: Re: NOT GONE FISHING   NOT GONE FISHING - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 25, 2022 2:02 pm

As each year goes by, I get more and more disillusioned with the RPRA and how it is run, also the Oneloft has become a joke.

Thats my opinion, sorry guys

Mick.
    Back to top Go down
    Knackered
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    Knackered

PostSubject: Re: NOT GONE FISHING   NOT GONE FISHING - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2022 2:30 pm

Mick B wrote:
    As each year goes by, I get more and more disillusioned with the RPRA and how it is run, also the Oneloft has become a joke.

Mick.
    Why be/feel sorry etc Mick Wink Wink you're not the one there doing the damage type of thing to your RPRA & it's O/L/R I suggest. If persons of certain repute  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes there like shooting themselves in the foot on a regular type basis, theres little you can do I suspect somehow  Smile  Smile except maybe  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad.   cheers
    Back to top Go down
    MISTY
    Oldbird
    Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: NOT GONE FISHING   NOT GONE FISHING - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2022 8:30 pm

Knackered wrote:
    Mick B wrote:

Mick.
    Why be/feel sorry etc Mick Wink Wink you're not the one there doing the damage type of thing to your RPRA & it's O/L/R I suggest. If persons of certain repute  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes there like shooting themselves in the foot on a regular type basis, theres little you can do I suspect somehow  Smile  Smile except maybe  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad.   cheers

Been attempting to find out the position regarding the Execs job, no luck so looked into a few other matters that affect the sports lack of well being.

Sports numbers said to be 22,000 registered with the RPRA, that does not mean that number actually particpate in any club racing etc;

Looking at club results many clubs have very few members, several this week have one, two and three members sending to races ( they must basket at another club)

Can only see a decline in numbers by fed up fanciers and natural causes long with increasing costs.

The actual bank balance is healthy due only to the sale of assets including the Reddings.

Just hope some of the money is not paid out in redundancy payments to staff already on a good pension paid by members contributions.

Tis a sourse of great disppointment that a great sport for young and old has been ruined by a small number of selfish minded individuals running the sport and the vast number of ALL RIGHT JACKS who have allowd it to happen.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
    Knackered
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    Knackered

PostSubject: Re: NOT GONE FISHING   NOT GONE FISHING - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 26, 2022 11:05 pm

MISTY wrote:
    Knackered wrote:
    Mick B wrote:

Mick.

Been attempting to find out the position regarding the   Execs job, no luck so looked into a few other matters that affect the sports lack of well being.

Sports numbers  said to be 22,000 registered with the RPRA, that does not mean that number actually particpate in any club racing etc;

Looking at club results many clubs have very few members, several this week have one, two and three members sending to races ( they must basket  at another club)  

Can only see a decline in numbers by fed up fanciers and natural causes long with increasing costs.

The actual bank balance is healthy due only to the sale of assets including the Reddings.

Just hope some of the money is not paid out in redundancy payments to staff already on a good pension paid by members contributions.

Tis a sourse of great disppointment that a great sport for young and old has been ruined by a  small number of selfish minded individuals running the sport and the vast number of ALL RIGHT JACKS who have allowd it to happen.

Regards.

Didn't by chance there did we etc Misty Smile Smile somehow, somehow notice Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes how much is spent bounce bounce in recovering strays from the One Loft race there type of thing over a year. Could be rather a high type figure over all I suspect Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad & especially with what's happened now with Hot spot 2 there Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes from around 65 miles this week  Wink  Wink. cheers
    Back to top Go down
    MISTY
    Oldbird
    Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: NOT GONE FISHING   NOT GONE FISHING - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 27, 2022 3:24 pm

Think fanciers are entitled to know what happens to reported young and old in OLR losses including those who are culled or die from illnes etc;

Far too much cloak and dagger involved.

Without the whole facts impossible to come to any real conclusion, other than the results are disapointing to say the least.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
    David
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    David

PostSubject: Re: NOT GONE FISHING   NOT GONE FISHING - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 27, 2022 10:39 pm

yes i think your right there misty, too much covered up re how so many go missing or how the numbers seem to dwindle by the day........a lot is kept hush, hush .
    Back to top Go down
    MISTY
    Oldbird
    Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: NOT GONE FISHING   NOT GONE FISHING - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 28, 2022 11:25 am

Just seen the resilts of the HOTSPOT 1 Bath HUMM *RACE".

FOURTY ONE MILES-RACE?????.

Not even a decent training toss.

797 birds, apparently 750 made it back in race time.

Some must have walked it.

FIASCO from start to finish.

How on earth can fanciers keep putting up with it ?????.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
    Knackered
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    Knackered

PostSubject: Re: NOT GONE FISHING   NOT GONE FISHING - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 28, 2022 11:48 am

MISTY wrote:
    Just seen the resilts of the HOTSPOT 1 Bath HUMM *RACE".

FOURTY ONE MILES-RACE?????.

Not even a decent training toss.

797 birds, apparently 750 made it back in race time.

Some must have walked it.

FIASCO from start to finish.

How on earth can fanciers keep putting up with it ?????.

Regards.

Stop grumbling here Misty Wink Wink your old school etc lol! lol! lol! as certain people would maybe say  Very Happy  Very Happy I suspect somehow & your now not up with the modern ways type of thing I suggest in a racing sense Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. cheers
    Back to top Go down
    MISTY
    Oldbird
    Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: NOT GONE FISHING   NOT GONE FISHING - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 28, 2022 3:32 pm

Not grumbling Knackered, just dismayed that explanations are not demanded as to the persistant losses at distances not even decent training tosses

Me thinks if the truth be known everything would not be of a satisfactory nature.

Too many opportunities for unacceptable practice, in one way or another and not always with ill intentions.

The losses are not representative of a number of pigeons treated in a propper manner, to enable them to perform that asked of them.

Pity because it does add another interesting side to the sport and enable ex fanciers no longer able to run a loft of their own to maintain an interest.

Perhaps it may be better we do not know what happens in some instances.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
    David
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    David

PostSubject: Re: NOT GONE FISHING   NOT GONE FISHING - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 28, 2022 8:49 pm

i actually think they welcome illness and hawk attacks at first to a certain degree, it reduces the numbers they have to manage, then as long as they have enough to race the 4 or 5 races its job done .......

i dont think the birds are nowhere near ready for training / racing at first, because ive never seen them exercising like other lofts birds, all they seem to do is flutter round the loft, or laze about on the grass .
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NOT GONE FISHING   NOT GONE FISHING - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

NOT GONE FISHING
    Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2