Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» RPRA Partnerships
RPRA Oneloft Training Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:37 pm

» BHW Subscriptions
RPRA Oneloft Training Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:36 pm

» Weather today
RPRA Oneloft Training Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 9:44 pm

» Good Morning
RPRA Oneloft Training Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 9:42 pm

» King removes Patronage
RPRA Oneloft Training Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
RPRA Oneloft Training Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
RPRA Oneloft Training Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
RPRA Oneloft Training Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
RPRA Oneloft Training Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) RPRA Oneloft Training 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 70 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 70 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.RPRA Oneloft Training Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
RPRA Oneloft Training Vote_lcapRPRA Oneloft Training Voting_barRPRA Oneloft Training Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
RPRA Oneloft Training Vote_lcapRPRA Oneloft Training Voting_barRPRA Oneloft Training Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222779 messages in 14005 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
RPRA Oneloft Training Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
RPRA Oneloft Training Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

RPRA Oneloft Training

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

RPRA Oneloft Training Empty
PostSubject: RPRA Oneloft Training   RPRA Oneloft Training EmptyFri Jul 29, 2022 10:25 am

Training 27/07/2022 Rpra One Loft Race

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft Training   RPRA Oneloft Training EmptyFri Jul 29, 2022 10:13 pm

David wrote:

Training 27/07/2022 Rpra One Loft Race

Interesting somewhat David Wink Wink something to be said thou etc Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes when one's watches bounce bounce a train wreck in motion Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad again. Nearly half the pigeons gone there apparently & they haven't even passed 15 miles Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes. cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft Training   RPRA Oneloft Training EmptySat Jul 30, 2022 10:22 am

what a shambles ,disease must be rife Suspect
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft Training   RPRA Oneloft Training EmptySat Jul 30, 2022 10:47 am

oldstrain wrote:
what a shambles ,disease must be rife Suspect

Just glad we gave it a miss.

To be fair, keeping that number of pigeons and from many different lofts is no easy matter., in particular when many will be from lofts who use every medication available etc;

However, I feel the training from just down the road is not a good idea.

I feel the weather has not been helpful nor the raptor problem.

Would not like the resonsibility myself.

Just hope they do get a few to the end.

Regards..

Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft Training   RPRA Oneloft Training EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 3:01 pm

i dont think these one loft birds go off ranging, all they seem to do it hang around the loft, if they were ranging they would be going off further than the training tosses they are getting.......hence why a lot of them get lost from short training tosses .

just my opinion Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft Training   RPRA Oneloft Training EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 6:04 pm

David wrote:
i dont think these one loft birds go off ranging, all they seem to do it hang around the loft, if they were ranging they would be going off further than the training tosses they are getting.......hence why a lot of them get lost from short training tosses .

Think one of the most mis -understood thing in our sport is the homing instinct.

I have consistantly over many years never trained my pigeons.

The only thing they need to be is fit for the job asked of them.

I know many cannot have open loft but it is the best way to have a loft of pigeons fit all the year round.

The OL has a problem from the very start regarding health in particular.

Flock treatment may be helpful for some and be detrimental to the naturally healthy.

In my opinion the best way before the first training toss woud be open loft from dawn till dusk and the first taining toss 45 miles at least.

I know many fanciers cannot have open loft but the OL could and there woud be less chance of disease by confinement etc; and the pigeons up and down is better than 5 mile tosses.

Regards,

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft Training   RPRA Oneloft Training EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 12:55 am

David wrote:

I guarantee David Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes in general they never range there as one, like normal birds do for many folk. My misfits late breds here as example yesterday flew for 2 & 1/4 hours bounce bounce without flagging. Now, like to know Very Happy Very Happy when they last maybe did such a thing, because if they did I suspect they wouldn't be wasting their time doing what they are doing there in the general tossing department. Best advise Wink Wink I could give Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes to those running the show Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad is go on the Benzing site & learn something, maybe Very Happy Very Happy by studying the/my local Meadows OLR there & perhaps compare apples with apples to a certain type degree. cheers alien flower afro
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft Training   RPRA Oneloft Training EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 3:48 pm

Looked it up Knackerd but could not find how the pigeons were treated, feeding treatment and trainng etc;.

Would be pleased to learn.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft Training   RPRA Oneloft Training EmptyWed Aug 17, 2022 1:06 am

MISTY wrote:
Looked it up Knackerd  but could not find how the pigeons were treated, feeding  treatment and trainng etc;.

Regards.

Don't worry Smile Smile how they are fed or treated etc Misty Very Happy Very Happy just look at how they are trained I say bounce bounce having their first race today here apparently from around 240 odd miles, after 20 odd tosses. Where is the mighty RPRA race of ours Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad after 20 odd tosses. 30 miles at the best if one has a rather kind type nature I maybe suggest Wink Wink End of the day thou Smile Smile should take them around 5 to 5 & half hours here somehow I suspect for the first bunch. cheers
Back to top Go down
Knackered
Oldbird
Oldbird
Knackered

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft Training   RPRA Oneloft Training EmptyWed Aug 17, 2022 1:53 am

MISTY wrote:
Looked it up Knackerd  but could not find how the pigeons were treated, feeding  treatment and trainng etc;.

Regards.

lol! lol! lol! just had a look here on the Benzing site etc Misty Smile Smile being somewhat curious, somewhat Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 3700 mpm Wink Wink at the moment there it appears Wink Wink. cheers
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft Training   RPRA Oneloft Training EmptyWed Aug 17, 2022 10:24 am

Knackered wrote:
MISTY wrote:

Regards.

lol! lol! lol! just had a look here on the Benzing site etc Misty Smile Smile being somewhat curious, somewhat Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 3700 mpm Wink Wink at the moment there it appears Wink Wink. cheers

Afraid our lot have no idea Knackered.

My first training toss was normally the first race, around 70 miles, out all day roaming the skies getting as fit as fiddles not couped up in a darkened loft.

There appears to be an idiotic assumption that a pigeon has to learn in stages where it lives.

After a short break from raccing through lung problems I joined the Filey Homing Club.

The members would have and did everything possible for me to be able to race.

In fact I was offered a chair by a grand young member told to sit down and everything done for me.

Not my style, though very much appreciated.

The point being I had 16 yearlings never seen a basket.

I sent 8 to the first race, timed two all back in reasonable time, not in the hunt in the club but up with the local,clubs.

Sent the other 8 to the second race, same result all back.

Found it too much effort and not liking being able to do my share of the work decided that was it.

However when it came to the first water race I decided to send.

I sent 4.

I timed two, both rubbers still in the STB,was a bit behind so never bothered.

Another came later on the day.

THe races were the only time ever in a basket other than transporting to be marked.

Too little attention paid to the ability of the pigeon and too much to bunkum.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RPRA Oneloft Training   RPRA Oneloft Training Empty

Back to top Go down

RPRA Oneloft Training
Page 1 of 1