Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» escaped birds return
six pairs ready to go Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:59 pm

» Weather today
six pairs ready to go Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 11:44 am

» Good Morning
six pairs ready to go Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 11:42 am

» King removes Patronage
six pairs ready to go Emptyby George & Morgan Tue May 07, 2024 7:21 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
six pairs ready to go Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
six pairs ready to go Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
six pairs ready to go Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
six pairs ready to go Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
six pairs ready to go Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) six pairs ready to go 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 51 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 51 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.six pairs ready to go Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
six pairs ready to go Vote_lcapsix pairs ready to go Voting_barsix pairs ready to go Vote_rcap 
David
six pairs ready to go Vote_lcapsix pairs ready to go Voting_barsix pairs ready to go Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222742 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
six pairs ready to go Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
six pairs ready to go Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

six pairs ready to go

Go down 
+2
MISTY
George & Morgan
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

six pairs ready to go Empty
PostSubject: six pairs ready to go   six pairs ready to go EmptyTue Dec 20, 2022 2:32 pm

will have 6 pairs to breed early, for first time have more raced hens than before will pick 6 raced hens but only 2 raced cocks the other 4 cocks i will know there breeding
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: six pairs ready to go   six pairs ready to go EmptyTue Dec 20, 2022 2:55 pm

George & Morgan wrote:
will have 6 pairs to breed early, for first time have more raced hens than before  will pick 6 raced hens but only 2 raced cocks the other 4 cocks i will know there breeding

One of the most rewarding times George and exciting wondering what will immerge from a little egg.

Look forward to your efforts, will be better if they can be tested on the road and admire your dedication.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: six pairs ready to go   six pairs ready to go EmptyWed Dec 21, 2022 10:23 am

my favorite time of the year pairing up and breeding........i should be ready to pair within the next couple of weeks providing the weather isnt too cold , or anything doesnt crop up .....
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: six pairs ready to go   six pairs ready to go EmptyWed Dec 21, 2022 11:16 am

just been in the loft looking over the cocks think i will stick with my own rather than gift and loan birds
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: six pairs ready to go   six pairs ready to go EmptyWed Dec 21, 2022 12:31 pm

it's a health problem with me but thought if the birds are good enough to be in the loft then i should not need to select pairings so instead of 6 pairs have put 7 hens in with 7 cocks let them pick there own 6 of the 7 hens have raced
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: six pairs ready to go   six pairs ready to go EmptyWed Dec 21, 2022 12:47 pm

[quote="George & Morgan"]just been in the loft looking over the cocks  think i will stick with my own rather than  gift and loan birds[/quotewon

Chopping and changing George, is hit and miss, you never know where you are it is like starting over again each year, alternative to cutting out the deadwood
each year and progressively improve.

Often never introduced anything for a few years, but many departed although less each year.

You can then breed fewer each year.

Gave many fanciers pigeons they said were the best they had ever owned,won with them or their offspring up to 500 miles, named a few in an earlier post.

My idea when I set out to have real go was to, sit down and consider all the implications.

Firstly, there are very, very, few winners relative to those bred.

Where? do the winners come from.

Seemingly a fancier happens to fall on good times, buys a few young from a wining fancier and drops lucky, adds a couple of others from a winning fancier and breeds and forms a wining family of his own.

Basic instinct, like breeds like, but not always.

So I looked for an opportunity to get as near to the tree as possible.

Got two brothers from champions and a grandson of Border Chief plus a Jansen cock from America, still got all the ring numbers.

The hens I got were all performance hens from clearance sales.

All four cocks bred winners for me and others.

First year I raced the young won young bird averages, still have replica.

Never had a season when I did not win more than my share at racing and showing, including the last season I raced.

Think fanciers can complicate simple matters better than racing pigeons in many cases.

Said years ago, " KEEP THINGS SIMPLE, THERE IS LESS TO GO WRONG and AS NEAR TO NATURE AS POSIBLE".

Regards.

Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: six pairs ready to go   six pairs ready to go EmptyWed Dec 21, 2022 12:57 pm

the problem i had in previous years was too many unraced birds and fanciers i gifted birds to not telling you how they done these 7 pairs i know more about them than birds i bred from in previous years
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: six pairs ready to go   six pairs ready to go EmptyWed Dec 21, 2022 1:26 pm

George & Morgan wrote:
the problem i had in previous years was too many unraced birds and fanciers i gifted birds to not telling you how they done these 7 pairs i know more about them than birds i bred from in previous years

George, what do you actually want to do ?.

What will you do with the youngsters.

If you do not know a fancier who is willing to give them a fair chance and tell you the results, the only way I can see you getting any satisfaction, then take a chance in the auctions, you can bet if they perform well they will be back for more,
otherwise, the OL but ????? you can only enter very few, so what do you do with the others ?.

You still only a young gish man George, there is always the showing side.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: six pairs ready to go   six pairs ready to go EmptyWed Dec 21, 2022 2:28 pm

2 to olr may gift a few will sell the rest don't forget i have to breed for Morgan to see the ybs i also need something to take my mind of a really big problem
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: six pairs ready to go   six pairs ready to go EmptyWed Dec 21, 2022 2:42 pm

just been in the loft so quiet just the one cock in a nestbox calling rest are on the perch
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: six pairs ready to go   six pairs ready to go EmptyWed Dec 21, 2022 2:53 pm

George & Morgan wrote:
2 to olr may gift a few will sell the rest don't forget i have to breed  for Morgan  to see the ybs i also need something to take my mind of a really big problem  

What exactly is the situation with Morgan George ?, does he actually race or show on a regular basis or just enjoys your commitment ?.

Always did a bit of fishing on my own when feeling low, more often with my son,
but alone with nature and thinking however low I felt, there were people far worse
off and I had much to be grateful for,

Think no one can know depression without actually experiencing it.

You can beat it George .

Any help within my power is there.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: six pairs ready to go   six pairs ready to go EmptyWed Dec 21, 2022 3:00 pm

Morgan is not a problem he just likes the birds and taking eye photos as i said with me but for 2 doctors coming from London i would not be here to-day i will know more in the new year
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: six pairs ready to go   six pairs ready to go EmptyWed Dec 21, 2022 9:45 pm

George & Morgan wrote:
Morgan is not a problem he just likes the birds and taking eye photos as i said with me but for 2 doctors coming from London i would not be here to-day i will know more in the new year

Feel for you George.

Marvelous what they can do for you today.

Just pray that matters can be dealt with.

Hope you have real good news in the New Year.

Have a nice Christmas George with Morgan, times are
when one is lost for words.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: six pairs ready to go   six pairs ready to go EmptyFri Dec 23, 2022 12:04 am

Love seeing what ybs you get , colours ect . After racing it's the best part
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: six pairs ready to go   six pairs ready to go EmptyFri Dec 23, 2022 8:15 am

mine are boring colours Ray blues and blue checkers maybe a pied
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: six pairs ready to go   six pairs ready to go EmptyFri Dec 23, 2022 12:20 pm

may have a problem most have pair up one cock driving the hen  the problem i have droppings very loose and green i did put a new drinker in
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: six pairs ready to go   six pairs ready to go EmptyFri Dec 23, 2022 1:47 pm

have a hen with a broken wing last year she would only nest in the top perch even this year with 7 nest boxes she still wants to hop from perch to perch till she is in the nest this year have fitted some V perches to make it easier for her

six pairs ready to go P1070113
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: six pairs ready to go   six pairs ready to go EmptyFri Dec 23, 2022 4:09 pm

George & Morgan wrote:
may have a problem most have pair up one cock driving the hen  the problem i have droppings very loose and green i did put a new drinker in

Would not play around George, depending on what it is could ruin your breeding season.

Just google, Green droppings in pigeons, and follow the advice.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: six pairs ready to go   six pairs ready to go EmptySat Dec 24, 2022 1:35 pm

tried to make it easier for the hen with the broken wing but she won't have it the top perch is too much for her so moved neztbox down a perch but she won't have it
either
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: six pairs ready to go   six pairs ready to go EmptySat Dec 24, 2022 7:50 pm

i wont be long behind you george once christmas is over . santa
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: six pairs ready to go   six pairs ready to go EmptySun Dec 25, 2022 11:21 am

this bird is on loan sure he may be a show bird

six pairs ready to go P1060918
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: six pairs ready to go   six pairs ready to go EmptySun Dec 25, 2022 4:51 pm

George & Morgan wrote:
this bird is on loan sure he may be a show bird

six pairs ready to go P1060918

In view of the article I refer to in Ambition in Sport all I would say it appears in good fettle.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: six pairs ready to go   six pairs ready to go EmptySun Dec 25, 2022 5:04 pm

he is a lovely bird to handle  lets start if i can explain  beautiful feathering  tail don't move at all when pressed on  his back, bone were wing joins the body very tight knuckle on top were wing joins the body very flat hold his beak closed he don't shake his head the eye it's very red with a good circle he just  handles too good i'm talking a lot of shxte ii know Mad Mad his wing would  be long

six pairs ready to go 65374810
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: six pairs ready to go   six pairs ready to go EmptySun Dec 25, 2022 5:31 pm

this is his eyes

six pairs ready to go 20220515

six pairs ready to go 20220516
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: six pairs ready to go   six pairs ready to go EmptySun Dec 25, 2022 6:08 pm

i reckon hes a racing pigeon george, ive had show pigeons in the past and theres nothing in the iris on them, no dark lines etc, just nothing in it....as you would expect with a pigeon that can barely fly around the roof tops .

yes a racer for me, not a show pigeon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: six pairs ready to go   six pairs ready to go Empty

Back to top Go down

six pairs ready to go
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next