Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Managed to get it done . Emptyby David Today at 11:34 am

» King removes Patronage
Managed to get it done . Emptyby David Today at 10:33 am

» Weather today
Managed to get it done . Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 10:32 am

» escaped birds return
Managed to get it done . Emptyby David Today at 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Managed to get it done . Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Managed to get it done . Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
Managed to get it done . Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Managed to get it done . Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
Managed to get it done . Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Managed to get it done . 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 65 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 64 Guests :: 2 Bots

David

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Managed to get it done . Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Managed to get it done . Vote_lcapManaged to get it done . Voting_barManaged to get it done . Vote_rcap 
David
Managed to get it done . Vote_lcapManaged to get it done . Voting_barManaged to get it done . Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222756 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Managed to get it done . Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Managed to get it done . Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Managed to get it done .

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Managed to get it done . Empty
PostSubject: Managed to get it done .   Managed to get it done . EmptyTue May 02, 2023 7:29 pm

managed to cut my grass today, thankfully the rain held off ......

Managed to get it done . Img_4010

Managed to get it done . Thumbn13
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Managed to get it done .   Managed to get it done . EmptyTue May 02, 2023 8:03 pm

same here David won't let it go as long your garden looks much nicer than mine
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Managed to get it done .   Managed to get it done . EmptyTue May 02, 2023 8:03 pm

Nice photos David.

First one had me beat, looked like trees were in your garden.

Second one explained.

Regards..
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Managed to get it done .   Managed to get it done . EmptyTue May 02, 2023 8:51 pm

is that forget me not in yer garden david ,my favorite flower
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Managed to get it done .   Managed to get it done . EmptyTue May 02, 2023 9:09 pm

George & Morgan wrote:
same here David won't let it go as long your garden looks much nicer than mine

i think mine had sprung up with the recent rain george, the mower i repaired for a mate is still here so i thought "why not" and used it to cut the grass ....... lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Managed to get it done .   Managed to get it done . EmptyTue May 02, 2023 9:11 pm

MISTY wrote:
Nice photos David.

First one had me beat, looked like trees were in your garden.

Second one explained.

Regards..

theres a big weeping willow there at there back misty, by my reckoning easily over 100 years old and probably quite a bit older ......
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Managed to get it done .   Managed to get it done . EmptyTue May 02, 2023 9:13 pm

oldstrain wrote:
is that forget me not in yer garden david ,my favorite flower

yes it is darren, it comes up every year , it doesnt last too long but it must reseed its self and comes back each year......we have some seeds the vet sent us which we are going to sow where Tilly is buried , along with some other plants to remember her by .
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Managed to get it done .   Managed to get it done . EmptyWed May 03, 2023 9:33 am

Funny things plants.

When we first move into this house we had a winter rose in a small pot.

Know nothing about plants but when it stopped flowering just to give it a chance put it in the corner of the front garden, that is 44 years ago.

It blooms every year and looks like doing so again.

When the gas men came to renew the pipes I told them if they damaged it their lives would not be worth living.

They were actually a very nice lot of workmen and I told them the history.

It is only about a foot high and I have never pruned it or touched it just left it to nature who knows best.

Regards,
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Managed to get it done .   Managed to get it done . EmptyWed May 03, 2023 1:19 pm

we have a wild rose misty, it was here when we moved in 30 years ago .........i think its a rambling type as it just seems to grow wild.  around 15-18 years ago i built the wall and fence around the garden and maybe around 3 years ago the rose appeared over the top of the fence and now its hanging over, im not going to cut it off as we like it coming over especially when it flowers.

if i remember i`ll post a picture when it flowers in the warmer weather .
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Managed to get it done .   Managed to get it done . EmptyWed May 03, 2023 3:53 pm

Be nice to see some pictures to brighten things up, will try to get my son to show me how to do it.

My wife is the one who decides how the garden goes and at the present time is not able to do as in the past, so I get my instructions from her.

Always knew about vegetable growing, my grandad had too allotments and I used to help him, particular when the peas were just ready to eat.

He did have some beautiful dahlias along the bottom of one allotment and can remember him putting the tubers in a large tin full of sand over the Winter.

Always thought keep as close to nature as possible in all things and you will not go far wrong.

Regards,

Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Managed to get it done .   Managed to get it done . EmptyWed May 03, 2023 3:54 pm

Be nice to see some pictures to brighten things up, will try to get my son to show me how to do it.

My wife is the one who decides how the garden goes and at the present time is not able to do as in the past, so I get my instructions from her.

Always knew about vegetable growing, my grandad had too allotments and I used to help him, particular when the peas were just ready to eat.

He did have some beautiful dahlias along the bottom of one allotment and can remember him putting the tubers in a large tin full of sand over the Winter.

Always thought keep as close to nature as possible in all things and you will not go far wrong.

Regards,
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Managed to get it done .   Managed to get it done . EmptyWed May 03, 2023 5:56 pm

weve alsorts in the garden misty, only certain ones are growing at the moment.......the dahlias will come later on in the year.

we never dig our dahlias up each year, we just leave them and cut them down......i know they say not to do this but its never harmed ours either in the borders or in planters .
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Managed to get it done .   Managed to get it done . EmptyWed May 03, 2023 9:24 pm

You can see from the photographs of the pond the number of flowers my wife usually has, and that is only half of what is behind the pond.

There are three chimney pots, three large wooden containers, two with ivy in and the other with a winter flowering helibour, a pear tree, now ladened with blossom.
a small pear tree in front of the loft, also with plenty of blossom on,both look like snow, one apple tree that my son has cut realy hard back, left at least a couple of stone of apples for the blackbirds which were gone in a fortnight last year, and one plum tree that has not done very well fruit wise and over 30ft high beech tree.

The silver birch that was higher than the house is now just a trunk,about 9ft high.

The flower that amazes me is the nastegiun (know spelling wrong} put them in chimney pots and they spring up all over the place.

Front garden, 3 chimney pots, 4 brick planters I made 40 years ago and a small stone bird drinking station part of what the lads bought me when I retired.

Not posh by any means but a delight to us and many visitors over the years have said they could just sit all day and just relax.

Afraid it will not get the usual attention this year.

Life has ups and downs, sometimes hard to deal with but one has to be thankful for the numerous wonderful things that are available and do our best to treat them with respect.

Including all our animal and bird friends.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Managed to get it done .   Managed to get it done . EmptyThu May 04, 2023 3:40 pm

had to replace some ply on the corridor floor the wet shoes had ruin it what i think reason i struggle is working on my own trying to hold and cut wood get up and down think will now get Morgan to help me
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Managed to get it done .   Managed to get it done . EmptyFri May 05, 2023 4:26 pm

yes ive had the same george, wet shoes making the floor damp .....ive now put a bristle mat down i can stand on and wipe my feet, in the corridor.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Managed to get it done .   Managed to get it done . EmptyFri May 05, 2023 4:27 pm

never thought of that
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Managed to get it done .   Managed to get it done . EmptySun May 07, 2023 11:50 am

checked under the birds today, all were on plastic eggs but i thought i best check, we dont want any unexpected hatchlings ........only found 6 eggs had been laid, so swiftly threw them away Very Happy
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Managed to get it done .   Managed to get it done . EmptySun May 07, 2023 11:51 am

Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Managed to get it done .   Managed to get it done . EmptySun May 07, 2023 11:55 am

sneeky little buggers they are george ... Razz Razz flower
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Managed to get it done .   Managed to get it done . EmptySun May 07, 2023 6:23 pm

Found many times David the pigeons were smarter than me.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Managed to get it done .   Managed to get it done . EmptySun May 07, 2023 6:30 pm

i just throw the eggs away David the broken wing hen has 2 eggs starting to think there no good will wait a week see if they are still sitting
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Managed to get it done .   Managed to get it done . EmptySun May 07, 2023 9:39 pm

i think i threw 34 eggs away last saturday, and 6 today ........glad they didnt all hatch .
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Managed to get it done .   Managed to get it done . EmptyMon May 08, 2023 7:50 am

well i have decided half my birds have to go
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Managed to get it done .   Managed to get it done . EmptyMon May 08, 2023 9:17 am

i`d be happy to reduce mine by half if im honest george, thing is finding homes for them, its far easier to re home young birds than old birds ive found .
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Managed to get it done .   Managed to get it done . EmptyMon May 08, 2023 9:19 am

throw them out David been told by those who have done it you never get one reported i've done it few times
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Managed to get it done .   Managed to get it done . Empty

Back to top Go down

Managed to get it done .
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next