Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» York Road & District Results 2024
Might be Adopting a new one  Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:01 pm

» Weather today
Might be Adopting a new one  Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:00 pm

» Good Morning
Might be Adopting a new one  Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:00 pm

» APHA Forms .......
Might be Adopting a new one  Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
Might be Adopting a new one  Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Might be Adopting a new one  Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Might be Adopting a new one  Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Might be Adopting a new one  Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Might be Adopting a new one  Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Might be Adopting a new one  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Might be Adopting a new one  Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Might be Adopting a new one  Vote_lcapMight be Adopting a new one  Voting_barMight be Adopting a new one  Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Might be Adopting a new one  Vote_lcapMight be Adopting a new one  Voting_barMight be Adopting a new one  Vote_rcap 
barnie
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222873 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Might be Adopting a new one  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Might be Adopting a new one  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Might be Adopting a new one

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Might be Adopting a new one  Empty
PostSubject: Might be Adopting a new one    Might be Adopting a new one  EmptyThu Sep 07, 2023 7:41 pm

might be adopting a new pet, she is coming to visit us sunday for a "meet and greet" i think we have a good chance of getting her.

not the usual breed we would go for, but at risk of being put to sleep ....... Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Might be Adopting a new one  37516710
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Might be Adopting a new one    Might be Adopting a new one  EmptyThu Sep 07, 2023 7:44 pm

Might be Adopting a new one  37341610
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Might be Adopting a new one    Might be Adopting a new one  EmptyThu Sep 07, 2023 7:53 pm

good luck David
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Might be Adopting a new one    Might be Adopting a new one  EmptyThu Sep 07, 2023 8:01 pm

Hope all goes well David.

Fill an aching gap, do both a world of good.

Not a very nice sentiment but think there are many humans that ought to be put down.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
http://albertrosbottom35@outlook.com
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Might be Adopting a new one    Might be Adopting a new one  EmptyThu Sep 07, 2023 8:08 pm

thank you george and misty, its 7 months this saturday since we lost our best friend, we still miss her every day ......

my wife saw this one on facebook saying she has one week to find a new home , so i put a post on saying we would take her to save her..........i also messaged the person who put the post up and it only turns out the lady who has her is a friend of my cousin who i havnt seen for nigh on 40 years, and she recognised my name, she has messaged me tonight and put in a good word for me , now the owner has contacted me and said she will bring the dog to meet us sunday.

so fate might have had a hand in things, plus a good point is she is used to living with another dog, and my daughter and her boyfriend have the exact same dog whos a male, same age, so hopefully they will be best friends .
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Might be Adopting a new one    Might be Adopting a new one  EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 9:57 am

David wrote:
thank you george and misty, its 7 months this saturday since we lost our best friend, we still miss her every day ......

my wife saw this one on facebook saying she has one week to find a new home , so i put a post on saying we would take her to save her..........i also messaged the person who put the post up and it only turns out the lady who has her is a friend of my cousin who i havnt seen for nigh on 40 years, and she recognised my name, she has messaged me tonight and put in a good word for me , now the owner has contacted me and said she will bring the dog to meet us sunday.

so fate might have had a hand in things, plus a good point is she is used to living with another dog, and my daughter and her boyfriend have the exact same dog whos a male, same age, so hopefully they will be best friends .

Sounds good all round David, hope everything works out well.

But cannot understand the owner of the one you hope to adopt.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Might be Adopting a new one    Might be Adopting a new one  EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 10:16 am

good luck guys i am sure things will work out well Wink stocky girl eh ...i am sure you meet all the requirements for a dog to have a good home/life with you Smile
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Might be Adopting a new one    Might be Adopting a new one  EmptySun Sep 10, 2023 10:16 pm

good news, or bad news depends which way you look at it .......we now have another family member, the lad came with his mother to meet us earlier , i could tell he was gutted at having to re home her, i really did feel his pain .......i told him he could visit or phone any time to check on her, i even told him if he happened to get a new house or somewhere he was able to keep her within the next few months i would let him have her back, obviously not in a year or two maybe , because she/we would have got attached, but something within reason .

Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Might be Adopting a new one    Might be Adopting a new one  EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 7:49 am

hope it all works out ok David
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Might be Adopting a new one    Might be Adopting a new one  EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:24 am

hope so george, weve got to give her a chance ......shes very timid when i put my hand out to stroke her, she cowers slightly and is nervous , the mother said she prefers women to men, but i cant understand that really as the son whos dog she was, was visible upset at have to re home her .....time will tell i suppose eh
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Might be Adopting a new one    Might be Adopting a new one  EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:30 am

with this cat David i have to put my hand down and let it come to me then it's ok
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Might be Adopting a new one    Might be Adopting a new one  EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:35 am

yes thats what im doing now george, im not going to pressure her into anything, just let her get used to things in her own time ........its strange for us having a different dog in the house plus its strange for her being in a different house with strangers ....
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Might be Adopting a new one    Might be Adopting a new one  EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:39 am

taking her for walks will help
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Might be Adopting a new one    Might be Adopting a new one  EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 9:41 am

she likes the garden, maybe because she lived in a 1st floor flat, i`ll be taking her a walk later this evening when its quieter ....
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Might be Adopting a new one    Might be Adopting a new one  EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 11:08 am

Feel for the young lad David can remember the heartbreak I felt as youngster when Ginger a Irish terrier we had died.

Impossible to describe our feelings towards our four legged friends.

Looks like a win, win situation David, you have a new friend and the obvious loving
previous owners know it is in good hands.

Good luck.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Might be Adopting a new one    Might be Adopting a new one  EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 2:29 pm

thanks misty, she is laid asleep snoring at the side of me while im typing this at the kitchen table .......i do feel sorry for her having to be re homed, but we`ll try our best .

its been 7 months now since we lost our best friend, and we think about her every day, but since we got this one ive felt more upset than before, maybe guilt because another dog is in her house ........not sure but we`ll do our best for her .
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Might be Adopting a new one    Might be Adopting a new one  EmptyMon Sep 11, 2023 4:26 pm

David wrote:
thanks misty, she is laid asleep snoring at the side of me while im typing this at the kitchen table .......i do feel sorry for her having to be re homed, but we`ll try our best .

its been 7 months now since we lost our best friend, and we think about her every day, but since we got this one ive felt more upset than before, maybe guilt because another dog is in her house ........not sure but we`ll do our best for her .

Know the feelings well David.

When I see some of the abuse of pets I could scream.

I could and do have a cry at times recalling the experiences my past four legged friends and others gave me, time does not erase such experiences, you do learn to cope but the best way I end up looking at it is, would I have wanted to miss such irreplacable experiences.

Good luck David thoughts with you.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Might be Adopting a new one    Might be Adopting a new one  EmptyTue Sep 12, 2023 10:02 pm

did the owners seem genuine david ,maybe mum wanted the dog gone eh ...maybe it was a bit of a chewer if bored and in a flat Suspect seems strange it was cowering eh ,also in a cage to alot of the time one would think ,alot of maybe's and unanswerable questions as you can only go on what yer told eh...the main thing is that you and the dog are happy in eachothers space ,good luck i am sure things will
move along quite quickly as far as bonding is concerned and its difficult having lost tilly i know but you are not letting her down by taking in another dog although we seem to feel guilty about it but nothing to feel guilty for and more like adopting another member of her family ,i really hope it all pans out well and sure it will atb
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Might be Adopting a new one    Might be Adopting a new one  EmptyTue Sep 12, 2023 10:06 pm

thanks darren, yes since we got her we are finding out more and more about the circumstances , and quite a lot of what we have been told doesnt tally .....there is more to it than meets the eye and i`ll make a better post about it tomorrow when im not tired ......

but one thing for certain is she is in very bad condition and very much under weight, also not had the best of life, which i originally thought she was well looked after ...
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Might be Adopting a new one    Might be Adopting a new one  EmptyTue Sep 12, 2023 10:17 pm

your not daft david and we both know porkies are being told but as long as the dog is sound then it will be ok as she is young,if i had to stick my neck out i would say mum could not cope and the lad was fond of the dog but did not give the proper time a young dog needs i wonder if mums partner was smacking the dog ...you can only assume eh ...get some rest david atb
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Might be Adopting a new one    Might be Adopting a new one  EmptySat Sep 16, 2023 3:45 pm

my daughters dog and our new "adoptee" getting on nicely .........they met briefly outside her house on the lead, and now this is the first time in our garden off the lead .

Might be Adopting a new one  Thumbn14

Last edited by David on Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: Might be Adopting a new one    Might be Adopting a new one  EmptySat Sep 16, 2023 3:48 pm

don't get between them David
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Might be Adopting a new one    Might be Adopting a new one  EmptySat Sep 16, 2023 3:48 pm

lol! lol! lol! they are soft george ........
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Might be Adopting a new one    Might be Adopting a new one  EmptySun Sep 17, 2023 2:34 pm

bonnie and clyde lol! lol! lol! they look comfortable together ...that fella would not be laying down otherwise ...good luck with the new member of the household Smile
Back to top Go down
MISTY
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: Might be Adopting a new one    Might be Adopting a new one  EmptySun Sep 17, 2023 4:23 pm

Both look fit to me,no bad dogs just bad owners.

Get the weeds out of the flags David.

Think they will get along fine.

Good luck.

Regards.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Might be Adopting a new one    Might be Adopting a new one  Empty

Back to top Go down

Might be Adopting a new one
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Racing Pigeons,Show & Fancy Pigeons :: Message Forum :: Help and Info.-
Jump to: