Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Disapointed with fancier Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 5:08 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
Disapointed with fancier Emptyby David Today at 11:48 am

» Weather today
Disapointed with fancier Emptyby David Today at 10:31 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Disapointed with fancier Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Disapointed with fancier Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
Disapointed with fancier Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Disapointed with fancier Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Disapointed with fancier Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
Disapointed with fancier Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Disapointed with fancier 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 66 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 66 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Disapointed with fancier Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
Disapointed with fancier Vote_lcapDisapointed with fancier Voting_barDisapointed with fancier Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Disapointed with fancier Vote_lcapDisapointed with fancier Voting_barDisapointed with fancier Vote_rcap 
barnie
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222795 messages in 14005 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Disapointed with fancier Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Disapointed with fancier Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Disapointed with fancier

Go down 
+5
geordiejen
David
Paul
steve1952
Rudderfett
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

Disapointed with fancier Empty
PostSubject: Disapointed with fancier   Disapointed with fancier EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 9:10 pm

last sunday I had a bird reported in Wrexham, I told the fancier I wanted the bird back and arranged a courier, namely Coast to caoast, however today they let me down and failed to pick the bird up. The fancier who reported the bird has now said he wont keep my bird any longer and is putting it on his transporter and taking it to the race from monmouth on saturday..., I offered another collection next wednesday when a friend said hes up there and would collect it for me. But no way, hes not going to keep it,

I cannot tell you how disapointed I am considering I really want the bird back it has had 2 races and won the first for me, and I always give younsters the benifit of the doupt. It might get back but thats not the point, this week I collected a stray for a man in liverpool which was reported bya non fancier localy, I left work and travelled 50 miles round trip in the name of the sport just to get it, and I still have it.
And will keep it until collection no problems, with fanciers like this how is our sport ever going to survive, tonight I am feeling a little sad, and a little sick. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: Disapointed with fancier   Disapointed with fancier EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 9:19 pm

mention this on sites martyn to see if anybody near him where ever he lives, so they can pick it up for you
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Disapointed with fancier   Disapointed with fancier EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 11:01 pm

Hi steve yes thats a good idea get it picked up, thing is hes going to send it off tomorrow so probably wont have time to get it sorted. He lives in a place called BRYMBO NEAR WREXHAM.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Hatchling
Hatchling
Paul

PostSubject: Re: Disapointed with fancier   Disapointed with fancier EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 8:15 am

But why did the company not collect the pigeon for you, nice way to run a business Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Disapointed with fancier   Disapointed with fancier EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 1:26 pm

sorry to hear of your problem martyn, two people to blame here in my opinion......courier for a start, and "fancier"if you can call him that second. lets hope these worthless clowns get let down themselves at some point. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
geordiejen
Hatchling
Hatchling
geordiejen

PostSubject: Re: Disapointed with fancier   Disapointed with fancier EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 9:44 pm

total disgrace mate.i would have called him up and told him im coming to get the birds and it better be their when i get their.if he isnt going to go out his way to get the bird back to you then why the hell did he report it in the first place.geton the phone and tell him exactly what you think of him mate.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Disapointed with fancier   Disapointed with fancier EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 10:21 pm

geordiejen wrote:
total disgrace mate.i would have called him up and told him im coming to get the birds and it better be their when i get their.if he isnt going to go out his way to get the bird back to you then why the hell did he report it in the first place.geton the phone and tell him exactly what you think of him mate.

agree there with you geordiejen, why bother reporting if not going to see the job through............. scratch
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Disapointed with fancier   Disapointed with fancier EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 10:36 pm

Hi Martyn,
Sorry to hear what has happened, the company is run by Peter Norton an ex fancier who himself was a top fancier and still has pigeons which he breeds for others so i am shocked that you have been let down as a lot of fanciers use the service and are very pleased with the results

Martyn i would also report the fancier in question as his conduct for me is not acceptable as it was not your problem the courier let you down, at least you have made every effort and that has to be recognised, you could have taken the easy option and asked the fancier to throw it out of the loft and not give a dam, which you have not
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Disapointed with fancier   Disapointed with fancier EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 10:51 pm

Very Happy Hi thanks for the comments all, I was a little shocked by his response really, it wasnt till after when I really thought about it did I realize how bad he was. The courier swore to me he called and couldnt get an answer, and the fancier called the courier a liar, so either way I was let down and couldnt really say any more.
Im not sure of the R.P.R.A rules on reporting pigeons, but refusing to let me collect the bird surley is not the proper behaviour. I dont supose there is anything I can do, I was going to call him up and give him a trumpeting about what I thought of him, but It wont get my bird back. Anyway thats what we are up against, not just the bops, fanciers are killing the sport also. Sad
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Disapointed with fancier   Disapointed with fancier EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 11:42 pm

martyn, why dont you phone the RPRA and tell them whats happened and how you stand regarding the fanciers responce to you collecting it etc.........? did he report it through your wing stamp or through the RPRA.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Disapointed with fancier   Disapointed with fancier EmptySat Aug 14, 2010 1:13 pm

I would second that David
Back to top Go down
geordiejen
Hatchling
Hatchling
geordiejen

PostSubject: Re: Disapointed with fancier   Disapointed with fancier EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 1:41 pm

maybe the guy has changed his mind and is wanting to keep it for breeding mate.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Disapointed with fancier   Disapointed with fancier EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 7:03 pm

whats happened with the bird martyn........?
Back to top Go down
dharshini
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: Re: Disapointed with fancier   Disapointed with fancier EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 11:59 am

Today Capcom released half year results showing the company that had been doing very well this generation facing a considerable slowdown. Operating income was down 72% from last year at just over 1 billion Yen, which Capcom blamed on the disappointing performance of Monster Hunter Tri and Lost Planet 2.

Given the total output of Capcom in the west in 2010 compared to the first half of last year the fact that they still made a profit should be something to celebrate.

============================

Insurance | Accident

Insurance

Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Disapointed with fancier   Disapointed with fancier EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 7:22 pm

come on why advertise on here scratch scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Disapointed with fancier   Disapointed with fancier EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 7:58 pm

seen these posts elswhere on internet on other sites, just doing it to advertise.......... clown geek
Back to top Go down
Mick B
Chipping
Chipping
Mick B

PostSubject: Re: Disapointed with fancier   Disapointed with fancier EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 9:00 pm

DAVID wrote:
whats happened with the bird martyn........?

yes whats happining about the bird martyn.

mick.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Disapointed with fancier   Disapointed with fancier EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 11:15 pm

havnt seen him mention it lately, hes been on site too.............. scratch maybe still angry over it.
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Disapointed with fancier   Disapointed with fancier EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 9:34 pm

Very Happy Hi Lads just to update you on this situation, the fancier in question put the bird into the race on sunday from Monmouthshire, however 5 pm sunday evening he called me nd said the bird had returned to him.
So I said good, that means my mate can pick it up on tuesday when he is up in Welshpool. He seemed surprised and said I wasnt doing myself any favours as the bird would probably be settled there and would go back to him.
But My mate picked it up tonight and its now on its way to me..happy days.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Disapointed with fancier   Disapointed with fancier EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 9:59 pm

sounds like he might have been wanting to keep it all along martyn...... scratch even tho it went back to him it doesnt necessarily mean it is settled to him, i kept taking a astray miles away from my loft and each time it always came back.....then one day it just took off and flew all the way home which was about 80 odd miles away, and its never been back since.......glad its coming back home and good luck with it, keep us posted Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Disapointed with fancier   Disapointed with fancier EmptyTue Aug 17, 2010 10:33 pm

Very Happy Hi David, 1 tip I woud say to anyone is this, always give youngsters a second chance. Even great pigeons make mistakes and I have found those that do will often learn and not make it again. Only last year I had a call from a fancier in wales on route to our races, I wasnt fussed about the bird as It hadnt trained very well always last and had gone into a local loft, made 1 mistake.

Anyway I told him if he wanted he could keep it as he lived 60 miles away and on route it would probably drop to him again, he was happy to keep it and that was that, however 5 weeks later he called and asked why I hadnt sent a transfer to him. I totally forgot and said it would be in the post that week, But before I even posted it on the sunday, I found the bird back in the loft. I called him up and told him the bird had come home, he said it always seemed distant and never seemed to settle. I didnt race it this year but bred from it as it was from good stock, it has bred loverly youngsters that have flown very well for me this year up to 200 miles last week.
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: Disapointed with fancier   Disapointed with fancier EmptyWed Aug 18, 2010 5:55 am

glad you got y/b back best of luck mark
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disapointed with fancier   Disapointed with fancier Empty

Back to top Go down

Disapointed with fancier
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Racing Pigeons,Show & Fancy Pigeons :: Message Forum :: General Discussions-
Jump to: