Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Ian Evans BHW Letter
What sort of season have you had.....? Emptyby Knackered Today at 1:17 am

» birds on loan
What sort of season have you had.....? Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:40 am

» Good Morning
What sort of season have you had.....? Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:29 am

» photo of Morgan
What sort of season have you had.....? Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:20 am

» Weather today
What sort of season have you had.....? Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 5:23 pm

» Hotting up in the Middle East
What sort of season have you had.....? Emptyby David Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:35 pm

» Homing World Stud Book
What sort of season have you had.....? Emptyby George & Morgan Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:46 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
What sort of season have you had.....? Emptyby David Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:39 am

» pigeonchat closing down
What sort of season have you had.....? Emptyby David Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:55 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) What sort of season have you had.....? 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 78 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 78 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.What sort of season have you had.....? Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
What sort of season have you had.....? Vote_lcapWhat sort of season have you had.....? Voting_barWhat sort of season have you had.....? Vote_rcap 
David
What sort of season have you had.....? Vote_lcapWhat sort of season have you had.....? Voting_barWhat sort of season have you had.....? Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
oldstrain
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222389 messages in 13991 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
What sort of season have you had.....? Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
What sort of season have you had.....? Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

What sort of season have you had.....?

Go down 
+2
Ginger
David
6 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

What sort of season have you had.....? Empty
PostSubject: What sort of season have you had.....?   What sort of season have you had.....? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 1:15 am

what sort of racing season have our members had this year, i only entered 2 open races.....i clocked in one of them and was 5 mins behind the winner but was happy enough considering the position of the winning loft, and the other race i didnt bother to clock because the two cocks which came together wouldnt trap.......so all in all quite a rubbish yb season but this is mainly down to me and inexperience but hopefully i will learn from the mistakes i made and give it a better go next season........ Very Happy Razz

how did you do.........? good or bad affraid lol!
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

PostSubject: Re: What sort of season have you had.....?   What sort of season have you had.....? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 10:48 am

Havent had a bad season in 15 to 17 races not been out of the first 5 acept Barcelona which is not a club race I did not have a bird home until the 6th day out of 4 sent if they go to barcelona next year I will not be in the club as its a graveyard for me cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Hatchling
Hatchling
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: What sort of season have you had.....?   What sort of season have you had.....? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 1:24 pm

A Fantastic racing season for us, although the losses with youngsters before racing was unbearable due to three hawk strikes

We have won 15 x 1st, 16 x 2nd, 10 x 3rd, 9 x 4th with the club,
5 x 1st, 3 x 2nd, 4 x 3rd with the Wiltshire Federation,
1 x 1st, 1 x 8th and 1 x 9th Wessex Combine from 3 old bird races
and also the icing on the cake 1st Section 1st Open National Flying Club 8,535 birds

Watchfield Club - Old bird averages, Continental averages, Youngbird averages & Combined average

With 2010 highlights being:-
05.06.10 1st Section F 1st Open National Flying Club Messac (251mile) 8535birds
05.06.10 1st Club 1st Federation 1st Wessex Combine Messac (251mile) 3672birds
12.06.10 1st, 2nd Club 2nd, 3rd Fed (beaten by 0.1yd) Carentan (148mile) 618birds
19.06.10 4th Section F 37th Open National Flying Club Poitiers (347mile 5893birds
26.06.10 1st, 2nd, 3rd Club 1st, 3rd Fed 8th Wessex Combine Niort (358mile) 2510birds
03.07.10 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Club 1st, 2nd. 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th Federation Exeter (105mile) 831birds
10.07.10 1st, 2nd, 3rd Club 2nd, 7th Fed 9th Wessex Combine Bergerac (466mile) 2070birds
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: What sort of season have you had.....?   What sort of season have you had.....? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 3:14 pm

Ginger169 wrote:
Havent had a bad season in 15 to 17 races not been out of the first 5 acept Barcelona which is not a club race I did not have a bird home until the 6th day out of 4 sent if they go to barcelona next year I will not be in the club as its a graveyard for me cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

yes you've had a very good season this year Ginger i hope im gona beat you next year i'm gona try to anyway i'm gona prey for all easterly winds for the whole season lol! lol! lol! welldone mate the birds have done well for you cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: What sort of season have you had.....?   What sort of season have you had.....? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 3:18 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
A Fantastic racing season for us, although the losses with youngsters before racing was unbearable due to three hawk strikes

We have won 15 x 1st, 16 x 2nd, 10 x 3rd, 9 x 4th with the club,
5 x 1st, 3 x 2nd, 4 x 3rd with the Wiltshire Federation,
1 x 1st, 1 x 8th and 1 x 9th Wessex Combine from 3 old bird races
and also the icing on the cake 1st Section 1st Open National Flying Club 8,535 birds

Watchfield Club - Old bird averages, Continental averages, Youngbird averages & Combined average

With 2010 highlights being:-
05.06.10 1st Section F 1st Open National Flying Club Messac (251mile) 8535birds
05.06.10 1st Club 1st Federation 1st Wessex Combine Messac (251mile) 3672birds
12.06.10 1st, 2nd Club 2nd, 3rd Fed (beaten by 0.1yd) Carentan (148mile) 618birds
19.06.10 4th Section F 37th Open National Flying Club Poitiers (347mile 5893birds
26.06.10 1st, 2nd, 3rd Club 1st, 3rd Fed 8th Wessex Combine Niort (358mile) 2510birds
03.07.10 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Club 1st, 2nd. 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th Federation Exeter (105mile) 831birds
10.07.10 1st, 2nd, 3rd Club 2nd, 7th Fed 9th Wessex Combine Bergerac (466mile) 2070birds

nice racing mate bet your over the moon with these sort of results mate well done to you and to your birds mate cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: What sort of season have you had.....?   What sort of season have you had.....? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 7:08 pm

some great results there by some of our members, well done to you both........ Very Happy anyone else want to share their results with us flower
Back to top Go down
Paul
Hatchling
Hatchling
Paul

PostSubject: Re: What sort of season have you had.....?   What sort of season have you had.....? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 8:30 pm

My results david, no positions, no time ins and no luck but I still love the birds and will be back again next year, ive only about 14 birds due to work and costs but this will be my 22nd season in my club so maybe next year, some good positions posted by other membesr so well done all Very Happy
Back to top Go down
phil411
Youngbird
Youngbird
phil411

PostSubject: Re: What sort of season have you had.....?   What sort of season have you had.....? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 8:35 pm

not a bad start for first year been on sheet few time and for first lils race 8/9 th club and a 4th 7th 10th that with raceing x3 old birds .one was a latebreed stray transfer over ... just way behind with y/b only sent to 3 races ... then had a massive family problem ...
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: What sort of season have you had.....?   What sort of season have you had.....? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 8:45 pm

Paul wrote:
My results david, no positions, no time ins and no luck but I still love the birds and will be back again next year, ive only about 14 birds due to work and costs but this will be my 22nd season in my club so maybe next year, some good positions posted by other membesr so well done all Very Happy

good on you paul, its true pigeon men like you which make the sport great.......you love your birds and get a lot of enjoyment from them, i had big plans for racing this year and didnt even enter any of my clubs races, partly because i didnt think the birds were ready, hadnt trained enough and partly because i was over protective of them and didnt want to throw them away.........i entered 2 open races but didnt even bother to clock in in one of them because i had scared the bird,

your right, its all about enjoying your birds regardless of if you win or not.........im sure a lot will agree with you.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: What sort of season have you had.....?   What sort of season have you had.....? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 8:48 pm

phil411 wrote:
not a bad start for first year been on sheet few time and for first lils race 8/9 th club and a 4th 7th 10th that with raceing x3 old birds .one was a latebreed stray transfer over ... just way behind with y/b only sent to 3 races ... then had a massive family problem ...

at least you dipped your toe in the water (so to speak) phil, im sure any mistakes you made, you will have learned from them for next year..........also family come first every time, as we all will agree im sure.
Back to top Go down
Paul
Hatchling
Hatchling
Paul

PostSubject: Re: What sort of season have you had.....?   What sort of season have you had.....? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 9:01 pm

David Wrote

i had big plans for racing this year and didnt even enter any of my clubs races, partly because i didnt think the birds were ready, hadnt trained enough and partly because i was over protective of them and didnt want to throw them away.........i entered 2 open races but didnt even bother to clock in in one of them because i had scared the bird,

Youve got to send them david, you could lose the birds on short tosses just as much as a long race, ive lost some experienced birds on short tosses and had others returned from channel races I never thought Id see again but racing pigeons is all about the unknown, we all send our birds and we all get surprises, good luck for next year but personally I keep bids to race and probably send undertrained, maybe thats why im always last lol!
Back to top Go down
phil411
Youngbird
Youngbird
phil411

PostSubject: Re: What sort of season have you had.....?   What sort of season have you had.....? EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 9:32 pm

i just need to work on a system and stick to it .... and i was shocked when i got on sheet ... first time but im looking now just to build up a little team for me self ... and there going to be plenty of head down reading watch and asking tips ... i just carnt work out wat system ... as i tryed alsorts this year in ways ....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What sort of season have you had.....?   What sort of season have you had.....? Empty

Back to top Go down

What sort of season have you had.....?
Page 1 of 1