Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» new hen for speed
Combi rings.......... Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 4:05 pm

» Weather today
Combi rings.......... Emptyby oldstrain Today at 4:00 pm

» Good Morning
Combi rings.......... Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 10:21 am

» sorting birds out
Combi rings.......... Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:33 am

» new rules from Defra
Combi rings.......... Emptyby David Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:30 pm

» RPRA Auction ........
Combi rings.......... Emptyby David Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:40 pm

» overnight and multiple nights basket
Combi rings.......... Emptyby Knackered Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:21 pm

» Loft Location
Combi rings.......... Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:43 pm

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
Combi rings.......... Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:43 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Combi rings.......... 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 88 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 87 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Combi rings.......... Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Combi rings.......... Vote_lcapCombi rings.......... Voting_barCombi rings.......... Vote_rcap 
David
Combi rings.......... Vote_lcapCombi rings.......... Voting_barCombi rings.......... Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221956 messages in 13973 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Combi rings.......... Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Combi rings.......... Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Combi rings..........

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Combi rings.......... Empty
PostSubject: Combi rings..........   Combi rings.......... EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 8:26 pm

will soon be time to see if these combi rings will crack/smash the eggs when the birds wearing them are sitting....................any thoughts anyone ?
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Combi rings..........   Combi rings.......... EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 11:59 pm

You have a point there mate, lets wait and see the out come
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Combi rings..........   Combi rings.......... EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 8:23 pm

the grumbling over them seemed to have calmed down once racing got underway don, but as you say it will be interesting to hear if there are problems once the eggs start being layed........
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Combi rings..........   Combi rings.......... EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 9:50 pm

I don't think that the rings will do damage, but we will see soon. I may be proven wrong though. And personally I don't like them, I prefer the originals.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Combi rings..........   Combi rings.......... EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 10:11 pm

yes i agree alex, i will be ordering the original rings for 2011...............altho i never bothered to remove the lugs on the 2010 rings,

did any of our members remove them ?
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Combi rings..........   Combi rings.......... EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 10:18 pm

DAVID wrote:
yes i agree alex, i will be ordering the original rings for 2011...............altho i never bothered to remove the lugs on the 2010 rings,

did any of our members remove them ?

funny you should say that, ( I have posted the details in the 'new member' thread of mine) A few of the birds I was gifted today, have had them removed cheers now I know why. Thought they may have cracked off or summat scratch
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Combi rings..........   Combi rings.......... EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 10:23 pm

the rpra gave permission alex for fanciers to remove them if they wanted, and some in our club did.......but i decided not to because it only takes someone to complain that they think the ring isnt altered correctly and a winner could be disqualified, so i thought it best to leave them. ive heard a few ways to do it either with nail clippers or a hot soldering iron etc but did actually try the nail clippers on a spare ring and wasnt that impressed.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Combi rings..........   Combi rings.......... EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 10:33 pm

DAVID wrote:
the rpra gave permission alex for fanciers to remove them if they wanted, and some in our club did.......but i decided not to because it only takes someone to complain that they think the ring isnt altered correctly and a winner could be disqualified, so i thought it best to leave them. ive heard a few ways to do it either with nail clippers or a hot soldering iron etc but did actually try the nail clippers on a spare ring and wasnt that impressed.

I see cheers

If they had been rung by me, then I would have left them too for the exact reason. Although, these ones have been cut well, looks like an original.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Combi rings..........   Combi rings.......... EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 11:03 pm

yes, i think it was martyn (rudderfet) who removed his with a hot soldering iron and they were just like the original ones.....you couldnt tell they had been altered.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Combi rings..........   Combi rings.......... EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 11:54 pm

You can also use nail clippers to remove the lugs
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Combi rings..........   Combi rings.......... EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 11:59 pm

It will be intresting to see what happens to the eggs and I suppose if they do damage eggs then people will cut the tabs off carefully with nail clippers while on the bird?
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Combi rings..........   Combi rings.......... EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 6:35 pm

Your right there alex
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Combi rings..........   Combi rings.......... EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 8:49 pm

we cant cut the tabs off the up north combine wont allow us to do it
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Combi rings..........   Combi rings.......... EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 8:55 pm

ian wrote:
we cant cut the tabs off the up north combine wont allow us to do it

yours dont have them on ian.... scratch or do you mean birds which you get with gb rings on ? if so i would have thought they had to as its a rpra agreed rule isnt it...?
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Combi rings..........   Combi rings.......... EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 9:40 pm

ours dont have them but got a few off steve which do but nehu wont let you cut them off if you do then you cant race them
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Combi rings..........   Combi rings.......... EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 10:00 pm

can they do that then, even tho the rpra have given permission ? i havnt done mine as i thought it best not to.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Combi rings..........   Combi rings.......... EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 11:42 pm

Why can't all councils come to an agreement which suits all
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Combi rings..........   Combi rings.......... EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 12:21 am

reading through the bhw al they ever seem to do is argue don, its all over crap and they are demanding apologies and the others are refusing........ scratch whats it all about...? nonscence if you ask me, instead of fighting between themselves they should fight on the same side against the bops/rspb etc.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Combi rings..........   Combi rings.......... EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 12:52 am

Everyone wants to be top dog that the big problem
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Combi rings..........   Combi rings.......... EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 1:05 am

Don Webb wrote:
Everyone wants to be top dog that the big problem

too much pigeon politics don, dont know why they cant just get on.........its amazing how if pigeon men meet that they can have a conversation with someone they have never met and talk pigeons for hours........ lol!
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Combi rings..........   Combi rings.......... EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 6:09 pm

too many clicks, people keeping things to themselves , not letting others know whats going around
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Combi rings..........   Combi rings.......... EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 9:28 pm

Your right David, this game can make you smile lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Combi rings..........   Combi rings.......... EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 9:29 pm

Your have something there Ian
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Combi rings..........   Combi rings.......... EmptySun Oct 24, 2010 9:49 pm

i have what
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Combi rings..........   Combi rings.......... EmptyMon Oct 25, 2010 8:27 pm

Your comment you made (you have something there) that is what i mean
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Combi rings..........   Combi rings.......... Empty

Back to top Go down

Combi rings..........
Page 1 of 1