Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Ian Evans BHW Letter
Medicines for pigeons Emptyby Knackered Today at 1:17 am

» birds on loan
Medicines for pigeons Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:40 am

» Good Morning
Medicines for pigeons Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:29 am

» photo of Morgan
Medicines for pigeons Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:20 am

» Weather today
Medicines for pigeons Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 5:23 pm

» Hotting up in the Middle East
Medicines for pigeons Emptyby David Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:35 pm

» Homing World Stud Book
Medicines for pigeons Emptyby George & Morgan Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:46 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
Medicines for pigeons Emptyby David Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:39 am

» pigeonchat closing down
Medicines for pigeons Emptyby David Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:55 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Medicines for pigeons 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 83 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 81 Guests :: 1 Bot

barnie, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Medicines for pigeons Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Medicines for pigeons Vote_lcapMedicines for pigeons Voting_barMedicines for pigeons Vote_rcap 
David
Medicines for pigeons Vote_lcapMedicines for pigeons Voting_barMedicines for pigeons Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
oldstrain
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222389 messages in 13991 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Medicines for pigeons Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Medicines for pigeons Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Medicines for pigeons

Go down 
+4
Don Webb
geordiejen
IANYOUNG
friendsloft
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

Medicines for pigeons Empty
PostSubject: Medicines for pigeons   Medicines for pigeons EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 10:15 pm

Heres one for you folks, what with all the medicines on the market, do they damage the birds immune system are we now paying the cost for the large number of bird loses
Ken
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/friendsloft/index.htm
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Medicines for pigeons   Medicines for pigeons EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 10:22 am

yes ken i think it does too much treatment knocks down natural amunity
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: Medicines for pigeons   Medicines for pigeons EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 7:43 pm

I remember when i first got into racing pigeons many moons ago, no medicines were heard of, the most y/b u bred was about 10 out of these ten you would still have 9 left, proberly move about 4 over to the old bird section, as you hadent lost many of those. pigeons were crossed into other breeds to try and get that extra yard in speed, this all change when the medical men ( moneymen ) decided to try different potions to gain the extra speed, we read all the hype you must give them this that and the other if you want to compete with the best, so what did we do we believed the hype bought the stuff, fed it to the birds, now i feel after 20 odd years of doing this we now breed 100 y/b to finnish with 20, most of what we gave or give our birds is garbage not all of it but most of it, because of this we find we have to give the birds potions just to prop them up, yes they have got faster, but at what cost ,not only to the birds but our pockets
Ken
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Medicines for pigeons   Medicines for pigeons EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 7:47 pm

couldnt of said it better myself ken
Back to top Go down
geordiejen
Hatchling
Hatchling
geordiejen

PostSubject: Re: Medicines for pigeons   Medicines for pigeons EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 10:31 pm

totally agree on that point.why do they need all these tonics and extra vits and stuff to stop this and that.i think over a period of time and pigeon generation that now thy need this stuff just to stay alive.we should all go back to using just things like garlic in the water with a rusty nail in the drinker.especially now we give birds antibiotics for this and that only to introduce tougher strains of all these ailments.i will be going back to the old way of keeping birds fit and healthy.nut any bird with signs of disease.treating birds anually or every six months is a big no no for me.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Medicines for pigeons   Medicines for pigeons EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 11:15 pm

Ken agree with Ian (oh no) and yes i could not have said it better Very Happy

SPOT ON MATE
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Medicines for pigeons   Medicines for pigeons EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 11:29 pm

ha ha ha you always make me laugh
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: Medicines for pigeons   Medicines for pigeons EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 12:04 am

pack it in ian and don youre getting forum a bad name, FLYERS WILL THINK YOU 2 ARE BIG MATES Laughing Laughing Laughing lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Medicines for pigeons   Medicines for pigeons EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 5:29 pm

ok steve sorry mate cant be having that can we
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Medicines for pigeons   Medicines for pigeons EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 5:48 pm

exactly ken
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Medicines for pigeons   Medicines for pigeons EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 6:00 pm

scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Medicines for pigeons   Medicines for pigeons EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 6:01 pm

scratch scratch lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Medicines for pigeons   Medicines for pigeons EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 6:33 pm

what did you mean ray by , exactly ken
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Medicines for pigeons   Medicines for pigeons EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 6:43 pm

that we have to give them this that and other to compete
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Medicines for pigeons   Medicines for pigeons EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 8:19 pm

Very Happy Wel I can honestly say I put nothing in the water, except after a race some honey and electro,s...I never use potions I have tried a few over the years, total rubbish. learned from my sistakes, and only use a few natural things like garlic and honey and lemon juice.
Back to top Go down
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird
friendsloft

PostSubject: Re: Medicines for pigeons   Medicines for pigeons EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 8:23 pm

rudderfett wrote:
Very Happy Wel I can honestly say I put nothing in the water, except after a race some honey and electro,s...I never use potions I have tried a few over the years, total rubbish. learned from my sistakes, and only use a few natural things like garlic and honey and lemon juice.

spot on martyn

Ken
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Medicines for pigeons   Medicines for pigeons EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 8:33 pm

martyn so do you never treat,
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Medicines for pigeons   Medicines for pigeons EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 9:39 pm

Ian i thought we were getting on (thank god not) lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Medicines for pigeons   Medicines for pigeons EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 9:42 pm

Martyn if you look back several months i did say to people the best thing to use was honey as i always used honey with pure lemon juice as there first drink after the race
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Medicines for pigeons   Medicines for pigeons EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 10:02 pm

hi don, is the honey to replace lost energy.....? is this equal to using electrolytes?
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Medicines for pigeons   Medicines for pigeons EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 10:12 pm

Don Webb wrote:
Ian i thought we were getting on (thank god not) lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
your so funny donn should be on the stage make me laugh everytime
Back to top Go down
geordiejen
Hatchling
Hatchling
geordiejen

PostSubject: Re: Medicines for pigeons   Medicines for pigeons EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 10:46 pm

so i take it that honey replaces lost energy?
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Medicines for pigeons   Medicines for pigeons EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 10:51 pm

geordiejen wrote:
so i take it that honey replaces lost energy?
as far as i know it does to a certain extent, i think its like using glucose which does the same..........its also been used as an antiseptic in the past too....... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Medicines for pigeons   Medicines for pigeons EmptyMon Apr 12, 2010 11:50 pm

Yes the honey replaces the lost energy and it's pure and natural

You could even use sugar also
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Medicines for pigeons   Medicines for pigeons EmptyTue Apr 13, 2010 8:23 pm

wonder how many of the members use electrolytes in water when birds return from a race..........? we used to on the saturday and then i think it was tea on sunday. scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Medicines for pigeons   Medicines for pigeons Empty

Back to top Go down

Medicines for pigeons
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next