Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
breeding better pigeons - Page 3 Emptyby barnie Today at 7:58 pm

» new hen for speed
breeding better pigeons - Page 3 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 6:51 pm

» Good Morning
breeding better pigeons - Page 3 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 10:21 am

» sorting birds out
breeding better pigeons - Page 3 Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:33 am

» new rules from Defra
breeding better pigeons - Page 3 Emptyby David Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:30 pm

» RPRA Auction ........
breeding better pigeons - Page 3 Emptyby David Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:40 pm

» overnight and multiple nights basket
breeding better pigeons - Page 3 Emptyby Knackered Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:21 pm

» Loft Location
breeding better pigeons - Page 3 Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:43 pm

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
breeding better pigeons - Page 3 Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:43 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) breeding better pigeons - Page 3 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 88 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 86 Guests :: 2 Bots

barnie, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.breeding better pigeons - Page 3 Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
breeding better pigeons - Page 3 Vote_lcapbreeding better pigeons - Page 3 Voting_barbreeding better pigeons - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
David
breeding better pigeons - Page 3 Vote_lcapbreeding better pigeons - Page 3 Voting_barbreeding better pigeons - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
barnie
Knackered
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221961 messages in 13973 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
breeding better pigeons - Page 3 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
breeding better pigeons - Page 3 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

breeding better pigeons

Go down 
+11
Ginger
George & Morgan
peel bros
GRIZZLECOCK
oldstrain
spencerline
Don Webb
Lightning
David
Alex
IANYOUNG
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

breeding better pigeons - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: breeding better pigeons   breeding better pigeons - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 7:53 pm

grizzle, i dont really think ive seen or read any evidence either way to suggest there is such a thing as eyesign evaluation or not....this is something fanciers either believe in or they dont and it will be like this forever............

is jack barkel onto something or not?, i dont know....but hes a lot more knowleage than some of the doubters ive seen dismissing his theories...........
Back to top Go down
spencerline
Hatchling
Hatchling
spencerline

PostSubject: Re: breeding better pigeons   breeding better pigeons - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 7:57 pm

David wrote:
grizzle, i dont really think ive seen or read any evidence either way to suggest there is such a thing as eyesign evaluation or not....this is something fanciers either believe in or they dont and it will be like this forever............

is jack barkel onto something or not?, i dont know....but hes a lot more knowleage than some of the doubters ive seen dismissing his theories...........

Thats true David, Barkel is an exceptional pigeon racer and breeder and he has probably forgotten more than most of us will ever know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.algarvepigeonracing.webs.com
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: breeding better pigeons   breeding better pigeons - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 7:59 pm

if it wins on a saturday then it has the best eyes on the day

never heard of greyhounds or races horses mated on the eye sign

but each to there own
Back to top Go down
GRIZZLECOCK
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: breeding better pigeons   breeding better pigeons - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 8:07 pm

spencerline wrote:
David wrote:

Thats true David, Barkel is an exceptional pigeon racer and breeder and he has probably forgotten more than most of us will ever know.

Why would you think barkles an exceptional breeder and racer??? ha ha,he is in the buisness of making money,its laughable,lemon pigeons,the things some so called fanciers do to make money out of fellow fanciers,its sad
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: breeding better pigeons   breeding better pigeons - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 8:10 pm

sadly theres a lot of fanciers out there who see the hoby of pigeon keeping as a way to make money.........youve only to look on most of the pigeon chat forums to see this.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: breeding better pigeons   breeding better pigeons - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 8:11 pm

what i have seen is within a family of winning pigeons the racers will nearly always have the same colour eye nothing to do with eyesign i like the yellow or violet in a racer and the breeder it does for me need to come from a winning loft
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: breeding better pigeons   breeding better pigeons - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 8:14 pm

i think the majority of fanciers wont pair up on eyesign, yes they way take it into account but i think most will put winner to winner, or pedigree/bloodline will be considered.
Back to top Go down
spencerline
Hatchling
Hatchling
spencerline

PostSubject: Re: breeding better pigeons   breeding better pigeons - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 9:26 pm

birdy2011 wrote:
if it wins on a saturday then it has the best eyes on the day

never heard of greyhounds or races horses mated on the eye sign

but each to there own

Lol, since when does a Greyhound or a Horse have to navigate its way home for Hundreds of miles? You are not comparing like with like.
Back to top Go down
spencerline
Hatchling
Hatchling
spencerline

PostSubject: Re: breeding better pigeons   breeding better pigeons - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 9:33 pm

GRIZZLECOCK wrote:
spencerline wrote:
David wrote:

Why would you think barkles an exceptional breeder and racer??? ha ha,he is in the buisness of making money,its laughable,lemon pigeons,the things some so called fanciers do to make money out of fellow fanciers,its sad

If he is making loads of money then good luck to him, it takes a lot of time and effort to breed families of Barless or lemon or whatever colour pigeons and if he is making loads of money they must be in great demand. No one is putting a gun to the heads of these poor stupid fanciers and making them purchase his "Shady wares" lol so the people buying them must like them.
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: breeding better pigeons   breeding better pigeons - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 10:45 pm

I would never be as bold as to pair up on eyes alone. But what I would say is. Once you have developed a family pigeons.
Which takes years of painstaking, selective breeding and of course considerable expense. If you do your job right, you can eradicate, certain faults and fix certain good points. This is what we call breeding true, you can tell pigeons bred by your established families, as they breed true to type.
If you do your job right, you will sell many pigeons. This is not a get rich quick scheme. But is all part of the course for the enhancement of your breed. In all honesty, I would say, depending on your dedication. There is not a great deal of money to made, by the normal run of the mill back garden lofts.
If you manage to make a living, fair play to you.
From my own experience, success makes your birds desirable and obviously the more desirable your birds become. The better prices they command.
If you keep proper accounts and work out how much it costs to produce a young pigeon. Then £30 to £50 is quite a reasonable price to pay. Considering you will house the pair all year, vaccinations, feeding. Special additives and tonics, medications. You can never add your time in to the equation. As this is done for free.
OK, big established successful studs, that house hundreds of breeding pairs, obviously do make a good a living.
Back to top Go down
http://kjlofts.yolasite.com/about-our-birds.php
Mick
Hatchling
Hatchling
Mick

PostSubject: Re: breeding better pigeons   breeding better pigeons - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 9:47 pm

ive always been told never pair the same eyes together why is this
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: breeding better pigeons   breeding better pigeons - Page 3 EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 10:32 pm

hi jarra, ive heard never to pair pearl to pearl, but im led to beleive the janssen bros did this regularly and look at their record.......

i dont think ive ever done it, i tend to pair oposites togeather.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: breeding better pigeons   breeding better pigeons - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 3:25 am

as the shows are now starting lets have members question the judges not only how they select they winners but in a class how do they distinquish birds for different distances
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: breeding better pigeons   breeding better pigeons - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 9:47 am

hi george, i think in principle that would be a good idea....but im sure if someoen asked at my local clubs why this bird had won it would be seen as being hostile towards the judge etc, altho i would emagine the odd judge would welcome it.
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: breeding better pigeons   breeding better pigeons - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 10:33 am

David it's a honest question when he is judging how does he tell the distance he thinks a bird is bred for
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: breeding better pigeons   breeding better pigeons - Page 3 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 11:14 am

ive judged many a time in local club shows when they ask me why i chose that bird as the winner
i all ways look for birds i would have in my loft , i look for stance feather quality how clean it is just the over all condition of the birds or bird i must add these shows were through wires and not handling classes .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: breeding better pigeons   breeding better pigeons - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

breeding better pigeons
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3