Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Water frozen again..... Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:23 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Water frozen again..... Emptyby David Today at 8:20 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Water frozen again..... Emptyby David Today at 8:19 pm

» Weather today
Water frozen again..... Emptyby David Today at 11:52 am

» RPRA Partnerships
Water frozen again..... Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
Water frozen again..... Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
Water frozen again..... Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
Water frozen again..... Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

» Scandalous .......
Water frozen again..... Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Water frozen again..... 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 21 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 21 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Water frozen again..... Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Water frozen again..... Vote_lcapWater frozen again..... Voting_barWater frozen again..... Vote_rcap 
David
Water frozen again..... Vote_lcapWater frozen again..... Voting_barWater frozen again..... Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222828 messages in 14005 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Water frozen again..... Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Water frozen again..... Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Water frozen again.....

Go down 
+5
Lightning
chris perry
highflyerboy
Alex
David
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Water frozen again..... Empty
PostSubject: Water frozen again.....   Water frozen again..... EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 5:37 pm

water was that frozen this morning i had to pour boiling water on them...........think i`ll have to start taking them out over night. scratch
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Water frozen again.....   Water frozen again..... EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 5:40 pm

Water frozen here too David, change it a few times a day.

Atleast its easy to clean them out in this weather Laughing
Back to top Go down
highflyerboy
Hatchling
Hatchling
highflyerboy

PostSubject: Re: Water frozen again.....   Water frozen again..... EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 5:52 pm

did you pour boiling water on the birds?poor things Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
chris perry
Hatchling
Hatchling
chris perry

PostSubject: Re: Water frozen again.....   Water frozen again..... EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 5:52 pm

its cold here freezing my bits off building the loft, started at 8.30 battery ran out in my drill/driver at 2.00 any excuse to come inside,
nearly done though, floor , back and sides up , two sections built and boxes in, going to attempt to put the roof on in the morning.started on sunday, reckon it will be ready for the birds before the weeks out, cannot wait. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Hatchling
Hatchling
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: Water frozen again.....   Water frozen again..... EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 6:10 pm

chris perry wrote:
its cold here freezing my bits off building the loft, started at 8.30 battery ran out in my drill/driver at 2.00 any excuse to come inside,
nearly done though, floor , back and sides up , two sections built and boxes in, going to attempt to put the roof on in the morning.started on sunday, reckon it will be ready for the birds before the weeks out, cannot wait. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

are you racing YB next year Chris?

have you got youngsters coming in
Back to top Go down
chris perry
Hatchling
Hatchling
chris perry

PostSubject: Re: Water frozen again.....   Water frozen again..... EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 6:30 pm

no mate , been given two pairs to start a family off, didnt want to end up with an empty shed by september, so just building on these two pairs and maybee look at joining a club in 2011. see whats happens hey Very Happy Very Happy maybee racing in 2012, but deffinatly not 2011
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Water frozen again.....   Water frozen again..... EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 6:46 pm

you can still race your ybs, you can get a dozen at least out of the 2 pairs, you will not lose that many if they are good enough, also you will find out if they are good eariler rather than wait another year or so
Back to top Go down
chris perry
Hatchling
Hatchling
chris perry

PostSubject: Re: Water frozen again.....   Water frozen again..... EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 6:51 pm

peel bros wrote:
you can still race your ybs, you can get a dozen at least out of the 2 pairs, you will not lose that many if they are good enough, also you will find out if they are good eariler rather than wait another year or so
true in what you say, but as its my first year in two minds what to do,
wether to go all out and race or stick to my original plan, approached the local labour club aboat joining, they said it was alright and they would lend me a clock all i had to do was pay for the maintenace of it,
never know may be a differant tale to tell come next year Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Water frozen again.....   Water frozen again..... EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 6:53 pm

just go for it you have nothing to lose . maybe its just me but i could,nt wait that long i would be itching to get them on the road
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Water frozen again.....   Water frozen again..... EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 6:58 pm

peel bros wrote:
just go for it you have nothing to lose . maybe its just me but i could,nt wait that long i would be itching to get them on the road
same here ray cant wait from one season to another
Back to top Go down
chris perry
Hatchling
Hatchling
chris perry

PostSubject: Re: Water frozen again.....   Water frozen again..... EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 6:58 pm

you maybee on to something there, i cannot wait, to be truthful putting the boxes in today go me thinking Question

like a kid with a new toy , i even placed the bowls in the boxes to see what they would look like, you wouldnt think i was 45 lol!
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Water frozen again.....   Water frozen again..... EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 6:59 pm

Got into pigeons end of august, had 17 in the middle of sept, now have stock birds, and i am racing start of 2011 season, cant wait a year myself lol! lol!

Last edited by Alex on Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Water frozen again.....   Water frozen again..... EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 6:59 pm

yes your like me cannot wait for the season to start
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Water frozen again.....   Water frozen again..... EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 7:02 pm

peel bros wrote:
yes your like me cannot wait for the season to start
its a desease ray you cant get rid of
Back to top Go down
chris perry
Hatchling
Hatchling
chris perry

PostSubject: Re: Water frozen again.....   Water frozen again..... EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 7:05 pm

ray you said a dozen off two pairs , Question
i was on the understanding that two rounds was the norm Question

enlighten me Surprised
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Water frozen again.....   Water frozen again..... EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 7:08 pm

yes it would be but in your case you only have two pair , 8 is not many to go off these days
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Water frozen again.....   Water frozen again..... EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 7:09 pm

also if you lose a couple training or just off the doors as we all do you will have less again
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Water frozen again.....   Water frozen again..... EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 7:11 pm

chris perry wrote:

enlighten me Surprised
chris you could get around eight if you wanted to after they lay there first round give them a couple of days sitting then float the eggs under fantails or any other pair then let them go down again aftr ten days they should lay again let them bring them up once you have them youngbirds of them do the same again for the second time you will have eight youngbirds of them i personely wouldnt take any more of these until you see if they are any good
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Water frozen again.....   Water frozen again..... EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 7:11 pm

chris perry wrote:

enlighten me Surprised

Sure people will be happy to breed you ybs chris, people in my club were very nice and sorted me out with birds.
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Water frozen again.....   Water frozen again..... EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 7:13 pm

chris i will gladly breed you a few pair of youngsters all you have to do is arange collection mate
Back to top Go down
chris perry
Hatchling
Hatchling
chris perry

PostSubject: Re: Water frozen again.....   Water frozen again..... EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 7:20 pm

ian wrote:
chris i will gladly breed you a few pair of youngsters all you have to do is arrange collection mate

don't know what to say ian, Embarassed
may take you up on the offer, see what happens with these young birds, if no good or i loose to many could do me some latebreeds if thats alright with you Question
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Water frozen again.....   Water frozen again..... EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 7:21 pm

no problem chris just need to ask
Back to top Go down
chris perry
Hatchling
Hatchling
chris perry

PostSubject: Re: Water frozen again.....   Water frozen again..... EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 7:24 pm

cheers ian Very Happy
will do , great gesture of yours, and mark with the one loft race,
cannot do wrong on here, GREAT SITE.
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Water frozen again.....   Water frozen again..... EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 7:25 pm

not many like ian who will breed ybs for nothing ..... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Water frozen again.....   Water frozen again..... EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 8:00 pm

chris perry wrote:
cheers ian Very Happy
will do , great gesture of yours, and mark with the one loft race,
cannot do wrong on here, GREAT SITE.
your more than welcome chris
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Water frozen again.....   Water frozen again..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Water frozen again.....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next