Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
paddy in a lift - Page 3 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 10:21 am

» Weather today
paddy in a lift - Page 3 Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:51 am

» sorting birds out
paddy in a lift - Page 3 Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:33 am

» new rules from Defra
paddy in a lift - Page 3 Emptyby David Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:30 pm

» RPRA Auction ........
paddy in a lift - Page 3 Emptyby David Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:40 pm

» overnight and multiple nights basket
paddy in a lift - Page 3 Emptyby Knackered Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:21 pm

» Loft Location
paddy in a lift - Page 3 Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:43 pm

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
paddy in a lift - Page 3 Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:43 am

» RPRA Auction
paddy in a lift - Page 3 Emptyby David Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:04 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) paddy in a lift - Page 3 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 98 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 97 Guests :: 2 Bots

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.paddy in a lift - Page 3 Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
paddy in a lift - Page 3 Vote_lcappaddy in a lift - Page 3 Voting_barpaddy in a lift - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
David
paddy in a lift - Page 3 Vote_lcappaddy in a lift - Page 3 Voting_barpaddy in a lift - Page 3 Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221952 messages in 13972 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
paddy in a lift - Page 3 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
paddy in a lift - Page 3 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

paddy in a lift

Go down 
+5
big pete
highflyerboy
peel bros
Alex
IANYOUNG
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

paddy in a lift - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: paddy in a lift   paddy in a lift - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 11:32 pm

ian wrote:
DAVID wrote:
does this work the same way if you lock widowood hens up, or if you locked roundabout hens up ...?
the only thing with locking birds in their boxes is they get stressed

If you look at the pigeon films "Small is Beautiful" Mark Evans used that same system and you can't tell me 20 to 30 first a year youe pigeons get stressed ??
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: paddy in a lift   paddy in a lift - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 11:36 pm

what are hen boxes for don confused
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: paddy in a lift   paddy in a lift - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 11:38 pm

I am saying nothing mate don't want any conflict Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: paddy in a lift   paddy in a lift - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 11:38 pm

think its for the widowhood hens alex......
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: paddy in a lift   paddy in a lift - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 24, 2010 11:41 pm

I see david always thought widowhood hens were in one half of the 'double' boxes
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: paddy in a lift   paddy in a lift - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 2:20 pm

Don Webb wrote:
ian wrote:
DAVID wrote:
does this work the same way if you lock widowood hens up, or if you locked roundabout hens up ...?

If you look at the pigeon films "Small is Beautiful" Mark Evans used that same system and you can't tell me 20 to 30 first a year youe pigeons get stressed ??
as i said they get stressed not saying not to do it just i dont like it many roads to rome
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: paddy in a lift   paddy in a lift - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 4:08 pm

Alex wrote:
alex see if you can understand what iam on about before you make comment , all i was saying i used to lockup my widowhood hens for 3 -4 days before a race and flash them to the cocks on race entry day this kept the hens fresh but also stressed them out ,i dont like to see them this way so i now keep them in an open end on v perches it works for me, you claim to now everything alex yet your 17 , ive met your type before , also see what your trying to do is wind me and don up to bite at each other, well its not going to work so your wasting your time , leave it alone alex the forum will be better for it
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: paddy in a lift   paddy in a lift - Page 3 EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 9:46 pm

Alex wrote:
I see david always thought widowhood hens were in one half of the 'double' boxes

no alex, as you know the cocks are in their own section which has the widowhood nestboxes in it..............now to stop the hens pairing up to each other some fanciers lock the hens in smallish boxes where they are fed and watered and this stops the hens from pairing to each other and also keeps them keen for the cocks, which obviously is better for the cocks and should make them race better.

on basketing night ive heard fanciers do different methods when showing the hens but most of them include locking either the cock or the hen in the widowhood box and then either letting them togeather or not etc.........
Back to top Go down
highflyerboy
Hatchling
Hatchling
highflyerboy

PostSubject: Re: paddy in a lift   paddy in a lift - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 5:05 pm

yes alex i think ians right your only 17 you cant have the amount ov knowledge as an older person{not saying ians ancient}
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: paddy in a lift   paddy in a lift - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 5:16 pm

ian wrote:
Alex wrote:
alex see if you can understand what iam on about before you make comment , all i was saying i used to lockup my widowhood hens for 3 -4 days before a race and flash them to the cocks on race entry day this kept the hens fresh but also stressed them out ,i dont like to see them this way so i now keep them in an open end on v perches it works for me, you claim to now everything alex yet your 17 , ive met your type before , also see what your trying to do is wind me and don up to bite at each other, well its not going to work so your wasting your time , leave it alone alex the forum will be better for it

Wish i'd seen this earlier. Ticked me right off....

Now see if you understand where i'm coming from. I have seen hen boxes for sale, now i'm on the lookout for widowhood boxes. If I want to ask someone what they are for I will. I was asking what hen boxes were for for what they do, not towards anything you have said. At no point have I wound you up. Infact ask David or Don, I was the one who reassured Don so he didnt leave the site. If Don's online I will ask him what I like, afterall he's kept pigeons long enough....

What on earth makes a difference if im 17 or 77, I know what i'm talking about, and not stupid by any stretch of the imagination. 'youve met my type before', what one who likes to learn things? All im here for Ian, you say you want young people in the sport and your pushing me away like that...

Where have I ever said I know everything.

Last edited by Alex on Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: paddy in a lift   paddy in a lift - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 5:18 pm

DAVID wrote:
Alex wrote:

no alex, as you know the cocks are in their own section which has the widowhood nestboxes in it..............now to stop the hens pairing up to each other some fanciers lock the hens in smallish boxes where they are fed and watered and this stops the hens from pairing to each other and also keeps them keen for the cocks, which obviously is better for the cocks and should make them race better.

on basketing night ive heard fanciers do different methods when showing the hens but most of them include locking either the cock or the hen in the widowhood box and then either letting them togeather or not etc.........

Thankyou David, finally someone answered my original question, wouldnt have worried who it was from.
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: paddy in a lift   paddy in a lift - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 5:26 pm

alex like i said before i will help any new member out without hesitation , if i misunderstood what you were getting at then i appoligise but i dont think i was far wrong with what i said , and yes you can ask anybody what you want at any time thats what its all about , but when it involves contridicting me them yes i will give my point of view if you dont like it then fine get over it and move on
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: paddy in a lift   paddy in a lift - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 5:37 pm

Don Webb wrote:
ian wrote:
DAVID wrote:

this is what iam on about alex this is the reply to a simple answer anybody who says pigeons dont get stressed locked in a box 12"x12" for several days doesnt know nothing about pigeons, i know from experience
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: paddy in a lift   paddy in a lift - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 5:49 pm

when i raced widowhood years ago we had to be careful that the hens wouldnt pair up, as we all know this would ruin our widowhood cocks for insentive purposes to race home quickly...........to try combat this we would leave the hens in the aviery during the day on roofing lats placed accross the aviery which didnt give them a nice comfortable place to nest and pair up, we also would keep them a little light on their feed and never used any floor covering which would encourage them to nest also...........

when i do get round to racing widowhood this year hopefully, i think i will try stick to these methods as i personally dont like having birds locked up all the time and having no freedom..............i wouldnt confine my birds just to win a race or two, but i do understand why fanciers do it if they are keen to win.
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: paddy in a lift   paddy in a lift - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 5:50 pm

thanks david for your honest opinion this is my thoughts exactly,
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: paddy in a lift   paddy in a lift - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 5:52 pm

Think you did get it wrong. When you type on a phone it's a bit different to a laptop, theres things I dont see because the pages are smaller.
Plus reading that I thought that they were shut in the other side of a widowhood box, not in a specific box for them. I wanted to know the purpose of a hen box, David was the only one who understood what I said. Didnt set you up for an argument atall, infact I never saw it... Id have asked Don what a hen box was for on any topic because I remembered, only by chance it was this one I said it on.

Yes a bird would be stressed, no doubt, I agree. And would agree if any member had said. But how am I supposed to know they are on lock-down in there for days, afterall its only here where I'm learning. Remember me in the beginning had birds and hardly knew what to do with them. I'm intrested in my birds and spend alot of time with them, cant help that. I'm learning about the widowhood system slowly, just remember I have only had birds since September.

Last edited by Alex on Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: paddy in a lift   paddy in a lift - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 5:55 pm

then lets put it behind us and get on with helping each other out, after all we cant all see eye to eye can we
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: paddy in a lift   paddy in a lift - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 5:57 pm

Think we should, afterall, we both think the same about the boxes now I know what their purpose is.
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: paddy in a lift   paddy in a lift - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 6:00 pm

alex when you see them rattling the box front damaging tail flights its not nice mate we are supposed to love our birds, but to some people its all about winning nothing else ,dont get me wrong i also want t win every week
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: paddy in a lift   paddy in a lift - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 6:02 pm

alex, your not on the site on a phone are you.......?
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: paddy in a lift   paddy in a lift - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 6:04 pm

will cost a fortune
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: paddy in a lift   paddy in a lift - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 6:06 pm

ian wrote:
alex when you see them rattling the box front damaging tail flights its not nice mate we are supposed to love our birds, but to some people its all about winning nothing else ,dont get me wrong i also want t win every week

Do not like the sound of that scratch Mine are treated like babies, even the old timers... Like my birds to come to me in the loft and move around. Thats half the fun, them being tame and out to see me, the other half of the fun part is when they will be racing. Cant wait for that.

Thats why when I say my goals are just getting them back, I wouldn't like to loose any of them, if they return fine and have won thats a bonus at the moment Laughing But as I say happy enough just to look after them, be with them.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: paddy in a lift   paddy in a lift - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 6:07 pm

DAVID wrote:
alex, your not on the site on a phone are you.......?

Christmas eve I was Laughing Dont think i'd have typed all that out of the last couple replies on a phone do you David lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: paddy in a lift   paddy in a lift - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 6:19 pm

alex, got my daughter a DSI XL and she can get on the internet with it.........she got onto this site yesterday. lol!
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: paddy in a lift   paddy in a lift - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 6:24 pm

You will want one now eh David? Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: paddy in a lift   paddy in a lift - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

paddy in a lift
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next