Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Spencerline, new member..... Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 9:05 am

» Weather today
Spencerline, new member..... Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:42 am

» King removes Patronage
Spencerline, new member..... Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
Spencerline, new member..... Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Spencerline, new member..... Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Spencerline, new member..... Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
Spencerline, new member..... Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Spencerline, new member..... Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
Spencerline, new member..... Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Spencerline, new member..... 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 59 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 59 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Spencerline, new member..... Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Spencerline, new member..... Vote_lcapSpencerline, new member..... Voting_barSpencerline, new member..... Vote_rcap 
David
Spencerline, new member..... Vote_lcapSpencerline, new member..... Voting_barSpencerline, new member..... Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222765 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Spencerline, new member..... Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Spencerline, new member..... Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Spencerline, new member.....

Go down 
+2
IANYOUNG
spencerline
6 posters
AuthorMessage
spencerline
Hatchling
Hatchling
spencerline

Spencerline, new member..... Empty
PostSubject: Training young birds   Spencerline, new member..... EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 7:55 pm

Hi I have just found this site online and I thought I would join as it is interesting.
I have recently moved to Algarve, Portugal and my friend here who has a lot of pigeons (500), has been taken quite ill so I have been looking after the birds for him for the last 3 months.

The season here begins on Feb 2nd 2011 so it is almost on us, I started the YBs at 5 miles twice then 10 miles Three times and the the club here said they were taking the birds around 60 km for a toss (around 35 miles) so i sent a team of 120 birds altogether 45 were ybs.

I do not yet speak good Portuguese and not many of the local fanciers speak much English so it is not east to comunicate with each other, I had to laugh when after the birds had left I was told that the training sheet was wrong and they were actually going 111 Km around 68 miles.

On the Saturday morning after the release it began to rain really heavy too to make things worse , this was 5 days ago and 6 young birds are still missing, not an ideal start to the season but I was lucky to get away with it so lightly.

The birds that have returned (albeit a lot of them next day) are buzzing now and flying for fun, I am going to show them a big reservoir around 70 miles away a couple of times as it is on the flight path from most races and a good landmark then I will single up the Ybs at 10 miles then train at 30 miles 3 times a week from then on.

Back to top Go down
http://www.algarvepigeonracing.webs.com
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Spencerline, new member.....   Spencerline, new member..... EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 8:16 pm

sounds like youve had pigeons before
Back to top Go down
spencerline
Hatchling
Hatchling
spencerline

PostSubject: Re: Spencerline, new member.....   Spencerline, new member..... EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 8:37 pm

Hi Ian yes I had birds in Blackpool in the 70s then again for 6 years before I came here in the Algarve.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Spencerline, new member.....   Spencerline, new member..... EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 8:42 pm

welcome spencerline, interesting to hear about how other countries fanciers do things....
Back to top Go down
spencerline
Hatchling
Hatchling
spencerline

PostSubject: Re: Spencerline, new member.....   Spencerline, new member..... EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 9:15 pm

Thanks David, I am just finding out myself how things are done here, the fanciers here are very well organized everyone has been on electric timing for years, they do not really race Ybs in the Algarve but the Ybs I have are Ybs bred in June but rung with 2010 rings.

The first race is around 170 miles and that is as short as they go,(no sprints).
When training the birds you have to show them valleys as we have the Monqiche mountains so you have to take them at least 70 miles or so but the club helps with the training.

I brought some Roland Janssens with me from the UK purchased from Louella lofts and next year I will try out some yearlings, my first pair of ybs from them were born on New years day. Although they are known as super sprinters I have high hopes for them, lol
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Spencerline, new member.....   Spencerline, new member..... EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 9:18 pm

Welcome to the site mate Very Happy
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Spencerline, new member.....   Spencerline, new member..... EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 9:48 pm

are the roland janssens grizzles/white grizzles...?
Back to top Go down
spencerline
Hatchling
Hatchling
spencerline

PostSubject: Re: Spencerline, new member.....   Spencerline, new member..... EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 9:57 pm

Hi David yes I purchased a son of Red Bingo he is predominatly white with a little red speckle and a daughter from the parents of Red Bingo as one pair and Michael Massarella gave me a very generous gift of a Grandson of Super kweeker 12 and a Granddaughter that turned out another male, lol from Jonge Gryze 39.

Obviously it does not guarentee they will be a success in the stud loft but the apple doesnt fall far from the tree as they say and the birds have superb feather and muscle tone.
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Spencerline, new member.....   Spencerline, new member..... EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 9:59 pm

sounds like youve got some top class birds there
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Spencerline, new member.....   Spencerline, new member..... EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 10:09 pm

spencerline wrote:
Thanks David, I am just finding out myself how things are done here, the fanciers here are very well organized everyone has been on electric timing for years, they do not really race Ybs in the Algarve but the Ybs I have are Ybs bred in June but rung with 2010 rings.

The first race is around 170 miles and that is as short as they go,(no sprints).
When training the birds you have to show them valleys as we have the Monqiche mountains so you have to take them at least 70 miles or so but the club helps with the training.

I brought some Roland Janssens with me from the UK purchased from Louella lofts and next year I will try out some yearlings, my first pair of ybs from them were born on New years day. Although they are known as super sprinters I have high hopes for them, lol

Looks like your going to make them sit up when you get started
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Spencerline, new member.....   Spencerline, new member..... EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 10:10 pm

spencerline wrote:
Hi David yes I purchased a son of Red Bingo he is predominatly white with a little red speckle and a daughter from the parents of Red Bingo as one pair and Michael Massarella gave me a very generous gift of a Grandson of Super kweeker 12 and a Granddaughter that turned out another male, lol from Jonge Gryze 39.

Obviously it does not guarentee they will be a success in the stud loft but the apple doesnt fall far from the tree as they say and the birds have superb feather and muscle tone.

Yes you have the right materials there mate
Back to top Go down
spencerline
Hatchling
Hatchling
spencerline

PostSubject: Re: Spencerline, new member.....   Spencerline, new member..... EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 10:10 pm

Time will tell but as I say I am very hopeful,Antonio Dias the fancier whos loft and birds I am looking after, has some very good distance birds, the base family of his birds is a very old breed called Bostyns, a guy called Pol Bostyn used to do exceptionally well from Pau and other long races a good few years back with his own breed the Bostyns.

Antonio has had great succes with these birds winning many prizes , I hope I can do his birds Justice this season.

Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Spencerline, new member.....   Spencerline, new member..... EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 10:13 pm

If you look that bred is still winning to this day in other countries mate
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Spencerline, new member.....   Spencerline, new member..... EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 10:15 pm

If you go on to the PIPA website you can read articals about different fanciers and he is on there mate
Back to top Go down
spencerline
Hatchling
Hatchling
spencerline

PostSubject: Re: Spencerline, new member.....   Spencerline, new member..... EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 10:31 pm

Don Webb wrote:
If you go on to the PIPA website you can read articals about different fanciers and he is on there mate

Thanks Don, I will check him out I know that his birds got a bad case of Paratyphoid and that he let the illness run its course and that the birds that survived (when they began to breed again) showed a resistance to Paratyphoid.

I have vaccinated the Ybs here for Paramoxy and Paratyphoid as well so am hoping that it will be one less thing to worry about.
Back to top Go down
spencerline
Hatchling
Hatchling
spencerline

PostSubject: Re: Spencerline, new member.....   Spencerline, new member..... EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 10:35 pm

Alex wrote:
Welcome to the site mate Very Happy

Thanks Alex and Hi to everyone else on the website, Kev
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Spencerline, new member.....   Spencerline, new member..... EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 10:41 pm

spencerline wrote:
Don Webb wrote:

Thanks Don, I will check him out I know that his birds got a bad case of Paratyphoid and that he let the illness run its course and that the birds that survived (when they began to breed again) showed a resistance to Paratyphoid.

I have vaccinated the Ybs here for Paramoxy and Paratyphoid as well so am hoping that it will be one less thing to worry about.

The strongest will always survive and be your best pigeons at the end of the day
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Spencerline, new member.....   Spencerline, new member..... EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 11:11 pm

Very Happy Hello welcome to the site, get stuck in youll soon get the jist of our humour..lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spencerline, new member.....   Spencerline, new member..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Spencerline, new member.....
Page 1 of 1