Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
best pigeon I have ever handled Emptyby barnie Yesterday at 7:58 pm

» new hen for speed
best pigeon I have ever handled Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Good Morning
best pigeon I have ever handled Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 10:21 am

» sorting birds out
best pigeon I have ever handled Emptyby David Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:33 am

» new rules from Defra
best pigeon I have ever handled Emptyby David Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:30 pm

» RPRA Auction ........
best pigeon I have ever handled Emptyby David Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:40 pm

» overnight and multiple nights basket
best pigeon I have ever handled Emptyby Knackered Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:21 pm

» Loft Location
best pigeon I have ever handled Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:43 pm

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
best pigeon I have ever handled Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:43 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) best pigeon I have ever handled 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 96 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 96 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.best pigeon I have ever handled Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
best pigeon I have ever handled Vote_lcapbest pigeon I have ever handled Voting_barbest pigeon I have ever handled Vote_rcap 
David
best pigeon I have ever handled Vote_lcapbest pigeon I have ever handled Voting_barbest pigeon I have ever handled Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
barnie
Knackered
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221961 messages in 13973 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
best pigeon I have ever handled Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
best pigeon I have ever handled Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

best pigeon I have ever handled

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

best pigeon I have ever handled Empty
PostSubject: best pigeon I have ever handled   best pigeon I have ever handled EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 9:20 pm

Very Happy Hi lads just thought I would share this with you, today I handled the best pigeon that has ever raced into Pembrokeshire.
This 2008 chequer hen flew every inland race, then every channel race picking up wins and cards along the way, a total of 14 races.
Eventually winning severne 600+ miles into Pembrokeshire the birds were liberated late 10.30, it turned out a bad day headwind and rain, she was clocked early next day in the rain winning 1st club, 1st west section, 1st open, and with its velocity would have won 1st National but he decided not to enter her.
I spent 10 minutes studying its eye, which has been good for my ongoing eye studies, but apart from it having an amazing inner eyesign which was black and unusual, its eye was quite plain and uninteresting, being only 2 colours but with lines running from pupil to outer edges.
If Im honest if the bird had been in a sale and I knew nothing about it I would propably not given it a second glance looking at the eye, but for all the wing theory boys its knuckle was off the clock and was exactly as a text book wing should be for a distance bird, Im not up on it really but have some knowlage of it.
Might try and get a youngster from it If Im lucky as He wants me to do a job on his car.lol
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: best pigeon I have ever handled   best pigeon I have ever handled EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 9:27 pm

martyn did you get my email address yesterday
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: best pigeon I have ever handled   best pigeon I have ever handled EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 9:29 pm

Martyn can you look at your ybs eyes and pick the winners out before they have even raced going by the eyesign?
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: best pigeon I have ever handled   best pigeon I have ever handled EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 9:37 pm

no disrespect to anyone, but even tho i studied eyesign many years ago ive now come to the conclusion there is nothing anyone can actually tell you about how it will race.......yes they can talk about circles and iris`s but can they pick the winner out at basketing night, i think not. one reason why would be they cannot take into account what weather conditions the race will be flown in and also judge how each individual will race or react on the day......... No
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: best pigeon I have ever handled   best pigeon I have ever handled EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 9:44 pm

To be honest David I was thinking similar.

If a yearling that has raced amazingly has a perfect eye, exactly what someone would look for, then eyesign enthusiasts would say it raced well due to it's eyesign.

Now, what I would like to see is something you don't hear done and it is :

Someone intrested in eyesign/ knows what they are looking for breeds their ybs, then before racing them look at their eyes and send the one with the 'typical' good eyes you hear of and see how the bird performs.

If eyesign is then proven that you can see the winners then surely just send them. Would like to know why they don't do this, because if eyesign works as they say then surely you can tell the winners as the eye doesn't change.
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: best pigeon I have ever handled   best pigeon I have ever handled EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 9:46 pm

Very Happy got to say I have been looking at eyes for years and I can not tell by an eye if it will race and win, today has confirmed this even more, however I have picked out breeders and bought birds based on my eyesign theory and they have bred me good winners. Ian I will pay you paypal now...thanks
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: best pigeon I have ever handled   best pigeon I have ever handled EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 9:47 pm

if eyesign was a proven science there wouldnt be the need to breed 80 ybs each every year........... lol!
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: best pigeon I have ever handled   best pigeon I have ever handled EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 9:52 pm

:Dtrue
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: best pigeon I have ever handled   best pigeon I have ever handled EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 9:54 pm

hi martyn, i still like to look at a pigeons eye....and still judge myself its value, but as i say i wouldnt put any actual racing worth on it, altho i do think the eye could be more benefit for breeding purposes if it had certain qualities.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: best pigeon I have ever handled   best pigeon I have ever handled EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 9:56 pm

p.s. the two new stock pairs ive got, one hen and one cock have pearl eyes and the other two yellow eyes.........even i am going to pair yellow to pearl and not the pearls togeather........... lol!
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: best pigeon I have ever handled   best pigeon I have ever handled EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 9:57 pm

i have to admit i have been reading alot about eyesign of late and its another interesting angle on the sport which is why our sport is so interesting ,wing theory ,eyesign and the easiest of all the basket theory which i feel is the most important Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: best pigeon I have ever handled   best pigeon I have ever handled EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 9:59 pm

Another interesting point, this fancier has bred from this birds parents for 3 years and bred nothing, he was a bout to get rid of, and they have been together for 3 years, so birds dont breed equal quailty each year.
Also I have heared fanciers say, If a bird grunts and sounds alarm every time you pass it by or handle it..they would get rid of it as it upsets the lofts peace.
This same pigeon was grunting for the full 10 minutes I handled it, more than any other pigeon I have ever seen, it was quite anoying. Now how many fanciers would have disposed of such a bird when it was a youngster, well not me anymore..lol
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: best pigeon I have ever handled   best pigeon I have ever handled EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 10:00 pm

i think most, if not all of these so called theories are just made up by fanciers who are looking for something which isnt there, searching for a magic solution to pick winners......
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: best pigeon I have ever handled   best pigeon I have ever handled EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 10:00 pm

only thing i look at when the birds are in the pen at the auctions are does it have 2 legs, wings, eyes. only thing with the eye i look at is if it is bright, and check the bird is not lethargic.

I bought one and only saw it from a distance in the auctioneers pen Razz its the birds performance that intrests me.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: best pigeon I have ever handled   best pigeon I have ever handled EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 10:05 pm

a red cock which ive just got is a grunter martyn, it agravates me but ive no intentions of getting rid of him as he could breed some good ybs.........

as it happens last year i got a yb the same bred as the grunter and he is the tamest friendliest bird ive ever had......so im wondering if these grunters are "made" by the life they have lived, possibly by not been given time by the previous owner maybe...? i know i have spent time sitting in with my birds so thats maybe why they are very tame. scratch
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: best pigeon I have ever handled   best pigeon I have ever handled EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 10:09 pm

DAVID wrote:
a red cock which ive just got is a grunter martyn, it agravates me but ive no intentions of getting rid of him as he could breed some good ybs.........

as it happens last year i got a yb the same bred as the grunter and he is the tamest friendliest bird ive ever had......so im wondering if these grunters are "made" by the life they have lived, possibly by not been given time by the previous owner maybe...? i know i have spent time sitting in with my birds so thats maybe why they are very tame. scratch
a tame bird is a happy one and would surely be more eager to race home given the correct motivation bounce
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: best pigeon I have ever handled   best pigeon I have ever handled EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 10:15 pm

Very Happy again its another therory, I have fairly tame birds people comment when visiting how calm they are, however I dont make them tame I just spend a bit of time with them and move slowly. But I have a few grunting birds ansd for no reason, I even have a bird which grunts and flys mad when you try to catch it, but the same bird when I sit on the loft floor will be the first to come and take peanuts from my hand, I can pull its beak and touch it without a problem, I think birds are just strange.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: best pigeon I have ever handled   best pigeon I have ever handled EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 10:20 pm

rudderfett wrote:
Very Happy again its another therory, I have fairly tame birds people comment when visiting how calm they are, however I dont make them tame I just spend a bit of time with them and move slowly. But I have a few grunting birds ansd for no reason, I even have a bird which grunts and flys mad when you try to catch it, but the same bird when I sit on the loft floor will be the first to come and take peanuts from my hand, I can pull its beak and touch it without a problem, I think birds are just strange.
yes indeed martyn i have a bird exactly the same hes the only wild one in the loft but get those nuts out and hes the first there confused
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: best pigeon I have ever handled   best pigeon I have ever handled EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 10:21 pm

the man i got the grunter does have PFL and has had this for many years, i know he cant spend long spells in the loft so maybe this is why the bird is a grunter.......? altho they wont all be grunters will they. No
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: best pigeon I have ever handled   best pigeon I have ever handled EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 10:22 pm

Very Happy Id be very carefull getting your nuts out...lol
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: best pigeon I have ever handled   best pigeon I have ever handled EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 10:26 pm

i dont really have any birds which i would say are "wild", the grunter yes, and one or two who arnt too friendly but none which i would term as wild.......have any members ever had a wild bird which has been a consistant racer or winner of prizes...?
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: best pigeon I have ever handled   best pigeon I have ever handled EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 10:26 pm

rudderfett wrote:
Very Happy Id be very carefull getting your nuts out...lol
lol! lol! lol! you dont want a peck in the nuts
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: best pigeon I have ever handled   best pigeon I have ever handled EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 10:41 pm

Very Happy Theres a chap in my old club had a mealy cock, when you handled him he would struggle all the time at marking, his birds are flown on open hole and he never goes in the loft they are crazy wild birds like streeters, that mealy won lots of races fed positions too from overseas long distance races, so you do get them to win.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: best pigeon I have ever handled   best pigeon I have ever handled EmptyThu Jan 20, 2011 10:43 pm

obviously they are content and happy in their own community martyn.........i bet if he altered the open hole and got them into a regular routine where they couldnt please their selves they wouldnt do any good racing maybe... scratch
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: best pigeon I have ever handled   best pigeon I have ever handled EmptyFri Jan 21, 2011 8:04 am

routine david in pigeon racing is a must in my opinion irregular feeding and excercise times only disrupts these, only my opinion whats other members
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: best pigeon I have ever handled   best pigeon I have ever handled Empty

Back to top Go down

best pigeon I have ever handled
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next