Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
Paired up saturday.... Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 9:05 am

» Weather today
Paired up saturday.... Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:42 am

» King removes Patronage
Paired up saturday.... Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
Paired up saturday.... Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Paired up saturday.... Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Paired up saturday.... Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
Paired up saturday.... Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Paired up saturday.... Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
Paired up saturday.... Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Paired up saturday.... 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 38 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 38 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Paired up saturday.... Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Paired up saturday.... Vote_lcapPaired up saturday.... Voting_barPaired up saturday.... Vote_rcap 
David
Paired up saturday.... Vote_lcapPaired up saturday.... Voting_barPaired up saturday.... Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222765 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Paired up saturday.... Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Paired up saturday.... Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Paired up saturday....

Go down 
+5
IANYOUNG
steve1952
oldstrain
kev d
David
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Paired up saturday.... Empty
PostSubject: Paired up saturday....   Paired up saturday.... EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 7:37 pm

paired up saturdaqy and as usual its all gone wrong again..............theres pigeons flying mental all over the loft not having a clue which is there alacated box..................they are fighting in lumps and theres water spilled all over the place, as ive found in past years yearlings are usually a bit harder to settle to a box but all ten pairs are yearlings so its hectic

if they dont show any improvement by this coming saturday i might seperate again and give it up as a bad job, the way im feeling at the moment.
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: Paired up saturday....   Paired up saturday.... EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 7:46 pm

hi david , have your cocks had a box all through the winter , let them out a pair at a time put a brick in side the box so the hen can stand on it to get a way from the cock . you can even let them out side for a fly
a pair at a time or lock them in the avairy together if all else fails just let them choose there own mates and walk away go back at tea time just befor dark and take a look inside . good luck
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Paired up saturday....   Paired up saturday.... EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 7:54 pm

i was feeling like that david but it took a week to settle down i just locked um all up in there boxs for 2 days solid at first then let 2 pair out at a time but not any that were in neighbouring nest boxs it took 1 pair 10 days to warm to eachother just let them have 1 hour freedom each and if you get an odd cock thats a real problem then put him in his box and let the others settle,chin up mate it will be ok Very Happy
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Paired up saturday....   Paired up saturday.... EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 7:59 pm

the cocks had been in the section all throught winter, and out of the ten cocks 6 had claimed a box...............the birds seem to have taken to there mates pretty good apart from one which were great for a couple of days and then when i went in this morning i saw the cock had pecked the hens head.............ive never had this happen ever and its upsetting.

the problem is that some are starting to settle to their boxes but the ones who arnt are fighting all the time, so today ive locked half in the boxes and the others are loose........
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Paired up saturday....   Paired up saturday.... EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 8:16 pm

as kev says put a block of wood or a brick in the nest box so the hen can get out of the way or put them in a flight mate
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Paired up saturday....   Paired up saturday.... EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 8:18 pm

hi darren, i did put a brick in when i first paired up, but after a couple of days they seemed ok and i took all the bricks away...........but with them still going crazy in the loft i decided to lock them up again over night and didnt think i needed to put the bricks back in and this is when one of the hens got pecked, will she heal up ok...?
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: Paired up saturday....   Paired up saturday.... EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 8:20 pm

put some savlon cream on her head david or germalean good stuff .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Paired up saturday....   Paired up saturday.... EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 8:25 pm

i hate it when something like this happens, basically its my fault why she got pecked but when theres a lot going on with the chasing around/fighting sometimes its easy to forget isnt it...?
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: Paired up saturday....   Paired up saturday.... EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 8:34 pm

DAVID wrote:
the cocks had been in the section all throught winter, and out of the ten cocks 6 had claimed a box...............the birds seem to have taken to there mates pretty good apart from one which were great for a couple of days and then when i went in this morning i saw the cock had pecked the hens head.............ive never had this happen ever and its upsetting.

the problem is that some are starting to settle to their boxes but the ones who arnt are fighting all the time, so today ive locked half in the boxes and the others are loose........
i had same last year with a pr of beverdams, scalped hens head so i put chair in front of nest box for 2 hours i sat there flicked cocks beak each time he went for hen it worked after 100 flicks on beak
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Paired up saturday....   Paired up saturday.... EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 8:36 pm

flicking hell steve two hours
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: Paired up saturday....   Paired up saturday.... EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 8:36 pm

DAVID wrote:
i hate it when something like this happens, basically its my fault why she got pecked but when theres a lot going on with the chasing around/fighting sometimes its easy to forget isnt it...?
some cocks can be realy nasty till they settle down i had one hen who got pecked so bad with her mate i killed him on the spot it spooked all the rest of them for a few days the hole in her head was about nearly a inch deep the cock was coverd in blood i wasn,t having any of that the crule bugger .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Paired up saturday....   Paired up saturday.... EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 8:51 pm

i tell you kev, if i was able to kill a pigeon the whole lot would be dead now..........its really anouying when they are carrying on all the time.
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: Paired up saturday....   Paired up saturday.... EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 8:59 pm

DAVID wrote:
i tell you kev, if i was able to kill a pigeon the whole lot would be dead now..........its really anouying when they are carrying on all the time.
i know mate you have a picture in your head that every thing is going to be fine but i never is , like we keep saying when there ready they will pair up lifes to short to worry about things like that i stop worrying about silly things when my mate died of a brain tumur at 45 leaving two kids lifes to short mate .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Paired up saturday....   Paired up saturday.... EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 9:24 pm

yes thats true kev, i thought today if thy dont pair up so what..........dont get stressed by it.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Paired up saturday....   Paired up saturday.... EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 7:47 pm

kev d wrote:
DAVID wrote:
i know mate you have a picture in your head that every thing is going to be fine but i never is , like we keep saying when there ready they will pair up lifes to short to worry about things like that i stop worrying about silly things when my mate died of a brain tumur at 45 leaving two kids lifes to short mate .

David Kev is spot on mate your the boss not the pigeons
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Paired up saturday....   Paired up saturday.... EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 7:49 pm

you dont say pmsl
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Paired up saturday....   Paired up saturday.... EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 7:49 pm

kev d wrote:
hi david , have your cocks had a box all through the winter , let them out a pair at a time put a brick in side the box so the hen can stand on it to get a way from the cock . you can even let them out side for a fly
a pair at a time or lock them in the avairy together if all else fails just let them choose there own mates and walk away go back at tea time just befor dark and take a look inside . good luck

That is how i did it when i raced but must say once this part is over things will get better just hard at first
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

PostSubject: Re: Paired up saturday....   Paired up saturday.... EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 8:12 pm

David leave the rest of the birds sort their self out if a brother and sister mate together put some other eggs under them But like kev was saying they will sort it out your not the only one that gets trouble we all do in some way or another iv got two cocks in the loft with five hens and mines been together for about six or seven weeks now but when they are ready they will mate or race sellerbut
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Paired up saturday....   Paired up saturday.... EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 9:47 pm

Your right Ginger
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Paired up saturday....   Paired up saturday.... EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 3:39 pm

Hope it all goes ok for you david
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Hatchling
Hatchling
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: Paired up saturday....   Paired up saturday.... EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 7:19 pm

persevere, they will settle down........always take a cup of tea in the loft with you, and keep both hands round the mug.......calming Very Happy

burns a bit as well, lol but does take your mind off them
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Paired up saturday....   Paired up saturday.... EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:18 pm

Lightning wrote:
persevere, they will settle down........always take a cup of tea in the loft with you, and keep both hands round the mug.......calming Very Happy

burns a bit as well, lol but does take your mind off them

Your right there Mark lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Paired up saturday....   Paired up saturday.... EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 10:11 pm

most seem to have settled down no, all the 8 stock pairs are ok now and 7 pairs out of the ten pairs of yearlings are more or less there now, apart from the odd hen going in to the wrong box occasionally..........so will be sxpecting some eggs over the next few days, altho its took a lot of time and effort letting each pair out and then locking others up to get them settled to their own box.
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Paired up saturday....   Paired up saturday.... EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 10:16 pm

Thats good for you have you carmed down now lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Paired up saturday....   Paired up saturday.... EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 10:19 pm

yes a bit don, its so frustrating when they are all fighting and carrying on isnt it...........i seem to be just having a few problems with hens going into the wrong box and then their cock follows them which results in a big fight with the birds who live there............so what im doing is locking the 3 hens in their own boxes over night and leaving their mates loose so he can calmly sit in there box and get useed to it without the hen causing problems whilst im not there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paired up saturday....   Paired up saturday.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Paired up saturday....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next