Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Ian Evans BHW Letter
Please Help......Young Bird Sickness Emptyby Knackered Today at 1:17 am

» birds on loan
Please Help......Young Bird Sickness Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:40 am

» Good Morning
Please Help......Young Bird Sickness Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:29 am

» photo of Morgan
Please Help......Young Bird Sickness Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:20 am

» Weather today
Please Help......Young Bird Sickness Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 5:23 pm

» Hotting up in the Middle East
Please Help......Young Bird Sickness Emptyby David Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:35 pm

» Homing World Stud Book
Please Help......Young Bird Sickness Emptyby George & Morgan Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:46 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
Please Help......Young Bird Sickness Emptyby David Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:39 am

» pigeonchat closing down
Please Help......Young Bird Sickness Emptyby David Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:55 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Please Help......Young Bird Sickness 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 65 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 65 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Please Help......Young Bird Sickness Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Please Help......Young Bird Sickness Vote_lcapPlease Help......Young Bird Sickness Voting_barPlease Help......Young Bird Sickness Vote_rcap 
David
Please Help......Young Bird Sickness Vote_lcapPlease Help......Young Bird Sickness Voting_barPlease Help......Young Bird Sickness Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
oldstrain
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222389 messages in 13991 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Please Help......Young Bird Sickness Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Please Help......Young Bird Sickness Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Please Help......Young Bird Sickness

Go down 
+4
Don Webb
David
kev d
SouthTown Racers
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SouthTown Racers
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)
SouthTown Racers

Please Help......Young Bird Sickness Empty
PostSubject: Please Help......Young Bird Sickness   Please Help......Young Bird Sickness EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 2:07 pm

I brought some new young birds into my loft a week ago, and now I have birds vomiting, not eating, not flying, and the floor of the loft is standing water from all of the bad droppings!! What should I do??
Back to top Go down
http://southtownracers.blogspot.com/
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: Please Help......Young Bird Sickness   Please Help......Young Bird Sickness EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 2:11 pm

hi mate , first off welcome to the site , with the young birds i would first not give them any food for 24hrs
then give them a light feed you need to give them recovery salts just do not over feed them it should pass
with in 48 hrs and also do not put them with your own birds . cheers kev
Back to top Go down
SouthTown Racers
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)
SouthTown Racers

PostSubject: Re: Please Help......Young Bird Sickness   Please Help......Young Bird Sickness EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 2:16 pm

Kevin, Thanks for your help! Me being a beginner, already made the mistake of putting them in there with my birds, and now my entire team is in bad shape. From what I have read, I have been trying to control the ecoli using ACV and cinnoman.
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: Please Help......Young Bird Sickness   Please Help......Young Bird Sickness EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 2:26 pm

i hope your enjoying your hobby , you wount be the first person to suffer this problem
but this is what i would do , like i said don,t feed for 24hrs give them some thing like glucose in the drinker
a table spoon full every day for 3-4 days just a light feed and build up as the days progress .
with the water let it stand for 24hrs before you give it to your birds let all the chemical disolve
and make sure you give them a small amount of grit and minerals if you can get red stone grit give them that it firms the droppings up also it might sound strange to you but put a little milton or a couple drops of house hold bleach in the drinker every week keeps the nastys down .
if you want to know more fire away where here to help .
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: Please Help......Young Bird Sickness   Please Help......Young Bird Sickness EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 2:31 pm

can you give us a run down on how you keep your birds what you keep them in what is your daily
routine what you feed them just give us a bit of info to go on cheers kev .
Back to top Go down
SouthTown Racers
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)
SouthTown Racers

PostSubject: Re: Please Help......Young Bird Sickness   Please Help......Young Bird Sickness EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 2:40 pm

Is the reason for not feeding for 24 hours so the birds dont vomit? The reason I ask is because I think my birds are past the vomiting stage...that was a few days ago. I fed this morning and all the birds ate well except 2 (they didnt even come down to the feeder). Im more concerned about the water droppings. I have about 60 bird team and they are all about 3 months old. Not all of them are sick..it seems to be about 50% of the team. I have had my birds on 24 hours of lights (following The Alex Bieche yb system) and have been feeding once a day. The feed is a race mix from our local feed store. Im not sure of the exact contents, but it is lower in protien than the breeder mix that I use.
Another thing is that one of the young birds after being let out to fly, seemed to lose control of his basic motor skills. He landed on the roof and just lost his balance and kept falling over....I dont know what to think scratch
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: Please Help......Young Bird Sickness   Please Help......Young Bird Sickness EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 2:53 pm

SouthTown Racers wrote:
Is the reason for not feeding for 24 hours so the birds dont vomit? The reason I ask is because I think my birds are past the vomiting stage...that was a few days ago. I fed this morning and all the birds ate well except 2 (they didnt even come down to the feeder). Im more concerned about the water droppings. I have about 60 bird team and they are all about 3 months old. Not all of them are sick..it seems to be about 50% of the team. I have had my birds on 24 hours of lights (following The Alex Bieche yb system) and have been feeding once a day. The feed is a race mix from our local feed store. Im not sure of the exact contents, but it is lower in protien than the breeder mix that I use.
Another thing is that one of the young birds after being let out to fly, seemed to lose control of his basic motor skills. He landed on the roof and just lost his balance and kept falling over....I dont know what to think scratch
have they been vaccinated for pmv if not get them done ASAP give them some natural biotic yoghurt on there corn but also with your young bird section make sure you clean and scrub out with a bleach solution on the floor and perches . when there dropping return to normal take some dropping samples to a vet to get them checked out get them treated for worms and canker and cocci .
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: Please Help......Young Bird Sickness   Please Help......Young Bird Sickness EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 2:56 pm

also forgot to say just keep your yb on the natural system because stress is the biggest factor in all this
so don,t mess about with all this 24 hrs light thing let them mature as yb first before you go messing about with there body clock .
Back to top Go down
SouthTown Racers
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)
SouthTown Racers

PostSubject: Re: Please Help......Young Bird Sickness   Please Help......Young Bird Sickness EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 3:09 pm

If I cut back the lights to normal daylight hours, wont it throw them into a body molt, and if so, will molting and being sick be too much stress on them?
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: Please Help......Young Bird Sickness   Please Help......Young Bird Sickness EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 3:14 pm

if your new to keeping racing pigeons first off keep every thing simple
have you got enough room for your birds they need air space the more the better
you don,t want them fighting over perches they need feeding 2x aday am -pm
never over feed them you want control over them give them a light feed am and a full feed pm
always take away food when done keep there exercise flying to a routine same time every day
once landed get them in always when there ready to be fed , spend time with them and let them bond with you . you can put a table spoon full of cider vinegar on there corn every other day i would also put some of your breeders mix in with the racing corn and put some protein back in them till there flying well as a team
when there flying as a team then you can lighten the feed but when you start training and racing then they need the fuel in side them hopes this helps you but do not mess about with there body cock let them grow with out stress .
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: Please Help......Young Bird Sickness   Please Help......Young Bird Sickness EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 3:15 pm

SouthTown Racers wrote:
If I cut back the lights to normal daylight hours, wont it throw them into a body molt, and if so, will molting and being sick be too much stress on them?
hi mate , what hrs have you been putting them on .
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Please Help......Young Bird Sickness   Please Help......Young Bird Sickness EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 4:27 pm

hi, and welcome to the site.........
re the yb sickness, i know some will insist darkness isnt instramental in yb sickness but i think it is, there are too many coincedences for it not to be...........what you need if it is yb sickness is nyfuramycin which will clear it up within days, at one point it was being sold on ebay but to get round the rules it was spelt wrong......so just alter the spelling and if it is on site you will find it.

also i would do as kevadvises and do not feed for 24 hours and then only a light feed of maybe diet mix.....also if you can get a probiotic called magic which is for the bad bacteria in the digestive system/crop....
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Please Help......Young Bird Sickness   Please Help......Young Bird Sickness EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 4:32 pm

S.T.R. take a look at this post, it might be of some interest to you........

https://pigeons.forumotion.com/t128-treatment-for-youngbird-sickness?highlight=yb+sickness
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Please Help......Young Bird Sickness   Please Help......Young Bird Sickness EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 10:25 pm

Spot on there David
Back to top Go down
Rudderfett
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rudderfett

PostSubject: Re: Please Help......Young Bird Sickness   Please Help......Young Bird Sickness EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 11:25 pm

Very Happy I have had ybs many times, but usually just a few went down with it a couple at a time, I kill them personally unless theyare from something special I want to keep. Anyway one thing I do link with it is bringing birds into the loft from others, When you are established and keep to your own it happens less, also I have used apple cider vinegar with youngbirds for 2 seasons now and it works to keep them healthier. Thats all My advice on it as I said I kill sickies now, just cant be doing with nursing them back to health, as even the good healthy birds get lost and fail, so sickies are just corn eaters and go eventually anyway.
Back to top Go down
bazzio73
Chipping
Chipping
bazzio73

PostSubject: Re: Please Help......Young Bird Sickness   Please Help......Young Bird Sickness EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 11:16 am

SouthTown Racers wrote:
I brought some new young birds into my loft a week ago, and now I have birds vomiting, not eating, not flying, and the floor of the loft is standing water from all of the bad droppings!! What should I do??
hi there my friend charlie riley from blandford swears by leaving them in the loft for 48 hours with just plain water reguarly changed.simple and effective. but everyone has there own ways, hope you sort it mate all the best.
Back to top Go down
bazzio73
Chipping
Chipping
bazzio73

PostSubject: Re: Please Help......Young Bird Sickness   Please Help......Young Bird Sickness EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 11:17 am

and also welcome to the site.
Back to top Go down
SouthTown Racers
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)
SouthTown Racers

PostSubject: Re: Please Help......Young Bird Sickness   Please Help......Young Bird Sickness EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 3:04 pm

Please Help......Young Bird Sickness Ybsdroppings

these along with just clear water droppings are what im dealing with all over the floor
Back to top Go down
kev d
Youngbird
Youngbird
kev d

PostSubject: Re: Please Help......Young Bird Sickness   Please Help......Young Bird Sickness EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 3:31 pm

hi there str, looking at there droppings either get rid of them or get there droppings tested by a good vet then you know what your up against , i know what i would do if you can keep them seperated do so .
all the best mate
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Please Help......Young Bird Sickness   Please Help......Young Bird Sickness EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 3:56 pm

just had a look at your website str, fantastic site youve got.......will enjoy having a better look when i get chance.

would recomend our members to have a look too, im sure you will find it interesting........... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SouthTown Racers
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)
SouthTown Racers

PostSubject: Re: Please Help......Young Bird Sickness   Please Help......Young Bird Sickness EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 4:22 pm

DAVID wrote:
just had a look at your website str, fantastic site youve got.......will enjoy having a better look when i get chance.

would recomend our members to have a look too, im sure you will find it interesting........... Very Happy

Thanks David!! I find it fun to put that thing together. Thanks for looking Very Happy
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Please Help......Young Bird Sickness   Please Help......Young Bird Sickness EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 4:25 pm

sent a pm str......... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Please Help......Young Bird Sickness   Please Help......Young Bird Sickness EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 6:48 pm

had a look last night at it.....excellent site
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: Please Help......Young Bird Sickness   Please Help......Young Bird Sickness EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 6:53 pm

a lad with your skills alex should have 1 up and running by now
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Please Help......Young Bird Sickness   Please Help......Young Bird Sickness EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 8:18 pm

i can give you a site address alex which you can make your own website for free if you want..........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please Help......Young Bird Sickness   Please Help......Young Bird Sickness Empty

Back to top Go down

Please Help......Young Bird Sickness
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next