Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» escaped birds return
cat trouble again.... Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:59 pm

» Weather today
cat trouble again.... Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 11:44 am

» Good Morning
cat trouble again.... Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 11:42 am

» King removes Patronage
cat trouble again.... Emptyby George & Morgan Tue May 07, 2024 7:21 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
cat trouble again.... Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
cat trouble again.... Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
cat trouble again.... Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
cat trouble again.... Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
cat trouble again.... Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) cat trouble again.... 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 90 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 90 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.cat trouble again.... Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
cat trouble again.... Vote_lcapcat trouble again.... Voting_barcat trouble again.... Vote_rcap 
David
cat trouble again.... Vote_lcapcat trouble again.... Voting_barcat trouble again.... Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222742 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
cat trouble again.... Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
cat trouble again.... Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

cat trouble again....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

cat trouble again.... Empty
PostSubject: cat trouble again....   cat trouble again.... EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 10:04 pm

been having cat trouble again for the last couple of days now, friday a cat jumped onto the 6ft fench where my birds sit, near the loft ....just caught the leg of one of them and he was limping with a cut for a couple of days. now today the same cat did it again to the same bird and gashed him on the back...it was too fast for me to do anything but im going to hurt it first chance i get....
it makes my blood boil as pigeons are just happy in the garden minding their own buisness when they get attacked by a cat....

cat trouble again.... Ybs024

cat trouble again.... Ybs025
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: cat trouble again....   cat trouble again.... EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 10:40 pm

dont know weather to put something on it or just leave it to heal on its own....any thoughts anyone please?
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: cat trouble again....   cat trouble again.... EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 2:50 pm

bit bothered over him today, hes finding it hard to fly...even worse for him is hes feeding a yb in a top box. he keeps managing to get about but it must be hurting him.

i know pigeons get over cuts and accidents better than we think, they seem to struggle through some how....my brother once sewn all a pigeons crop up years ago with blue wool, and it healed great...came home from racing like it, dont know if he hit wires or maybs a hawk? 20+ yrs ago didnt think there was as many as nowadays....
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: cat trouble again....   cat trouble again.... EmptyTue Mar 31, 2009 11:30 pm

blue cock finding it hard to get about, if it wasnt for him feeding a yb i would have strapped his wing up and put him in a basket.....damn cats..... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: cat trouble again....   cat trouble again.... EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 2:51 pm

two ybs ready to go today, donated them to charity auction and they are being collected this afternoon.... Smile hope they do well for the buyer.... Very Happy
another six to go at the weekend and then breeding 8 for myself to breed off next year,
so hopefully i should be able to breed about 40 ybs (in theory that is) as long as i have a better breeding season than this year.... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: cat trouble again....   cat trouble again.... EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 1:45 pm

had a 08 hen go missing yesterday morning, she wouldnt come in after excercise and we had a hospital appointment so i had to leave the bobs open......when we got home no sign of her and she is still missing now, so its either a cat or a hawk. gutted.........
she was one of my best hens.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: cat trouble again....   cat trouble again.... EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 4:08 pm

blue cock that was attacked by the cat is now a lot better, hes just starting to fly around the loft...just hope he doesnt hurt it, it was a very nasty gash he had..... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
dark_chequer
Hatchling
Hatchling
dark_chequer

PostSubject: Re: cat trouble again....   cat trouble again.... EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 11:12 pm

Hi David, im glad the bird is getting better. I use Savlon spray on any cuts and grazes. I have also been told that a product called second skin is good for cuts, dont know how much it is. Im trying to get stuff in that i might need,( will let you know how much it is when i buy some)...............amanda

ps i hope your hen comes home,
and if you see the cat give it a boot
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: cat trouble again....   cat trouble again.... EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 11:20 pm

i think the hens dead amanda, was on my garage roof cutting hedges , when i looked down the back saw feathers so presume cat has killed her...gutted not only was she a good hen but it must have been frighteing for her being killed by a cat...
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: cat trouble again....   cat trouble again.... EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 11:42 pm

David then best thing to do when a pigeon gets hurt like that is to bath it in warm water every other night
just to keep it clean from germs then use any antiseptic cream like what your mom would use if we had a fall and cut ourself one of the old favorites is germaline a pink cream that comes in a small tin

first clean the pigeon with warm water, then dry the area, then put the cream on leave for 48 hours and do the same again and you wil see the difference

as for the cat was told by an old fancier but have not tried it get some cat food cut up some small pieces of sponge fry the food and sponge and leave it for the cat, the cat will eat the food and can not pass the sponge and this makes the cat keep drinking water and it will not come around the loft again but try the food a few times as i have said i have not tried it
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: cat trouble again....   cat trouble again.... EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 11:52 pm

hi don,thanks for the tip...i know which one it is and im determined to get it, with me only having a few its done a lot of harm to my team....i keep thinking that i should have done more to protect them but i suppose its hard to watch them all the time as a cat can just run from nowhere...
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: cat trouble again....   cat trouble again.... EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 11:55 pm

its a constant battle to watch out for cats and hawks where i am, as im more or less surrounded by trees which gives the hawk good cover to sit and watch...plus my birds sit on the fence which is approx 6 ft high and the cats jump up and try grab the birds...
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: cat trouble again....   cat trouble again.... EmptyThu Apr 16, 2009 12:31 am

putsomething on the fence to prevent this from happening and get the birds to be on the floor by the loft but as i have already said your birds must be in a routine in the ait flying or in the loft resting
Back to top Go down
Grizzle cock
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: cat trouble again....   cat trouble again.... EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 9:15 pm

I agree, with getting into a routine, let them out to fly, then get them back in, About the cats, catch one, put some grease on it, let it go, its owner wil deal with it lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: cat trouble again....   cat trouble again.... EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 9:18 pm

yeah don, thats what they did do at one point...as soon as they landed i would call them in and feed them, they were spot on in there routine. it all changed when they had ybs and some would not come in because they were not hungry as when feeding ybs they have to have plenty of grub dont they..... Neutral
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: cat trouble again....   cat trouble again.... EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 9:19 pm

lol! we must have been typing at the same time niel........ Embarassed
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: cat trouble again....   cat trouble again.... EmptySat Apr 18, 2009 9:22 pm

a member told me to put a saucer of brake fluid down and he garantees it will get rid Very Happy im seriously thinking of doing it.... Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cat trouble again....   cat trouble again.... Empty

Back to top Go down

cat trouble again....
Page 1 of 1