Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
paramyxovirus Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:44 am

» Good Morning
paramyxovirus Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 11:42 am

» King removes Patronage
paramyxovirus Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:21 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
paramyxovirus Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
paramyxovirus Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» escaped birds return
paramyxovirus Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
paramyxovirus Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
paramyxovirus Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
paramyxovirus Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) paramyxovirus 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 70 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 70 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.paramyxovirus Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
paramyxovirus Vote_lcapparamyxovirus Voting_barparamyxovirus Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
Similar topics
    Statistics
    We have 1297 registered users
    The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222740 messages in 14003 subjects
    Username:
    Password:
    :: I forgot my password
    Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
    paramyxovirus Winnerofwin
    From Fed Topper to Master Chef
    paramyxovirus Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
    Top posters
    David
    oldstrain
    Don Webb
    Knackered
    peel bros
    IANYOUNG
    MISTY
    George & Morgan
    Gaz b
    birdy2011

paramyxovirus

Go down 
    +7
    highflyerboy
    Rudderfett
    birdy2011
    peel bros
    chris perry
    showracer
    dublin40
    11 posters
    AuthorMessage
    dublin40
    Chipping
    Chipping
    dublin40

paramyxovirus Empty
    PostSubject: paramyxovirus   paramyxovirus EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 11:57 pm

just watched a guy vac 50 birds today would not let him do my 4 birds kinda looked like he was just guessing were he was sticking in the needle blood was pumping out of at least 7 of them he did put 2mm in.how often do u vac a bird and how far does the needle go in and were exactly?
    Back to top Go down
    dublin40
    Chipping
    Chipping
    dublin40

paramyxovirus Empty
    PostSubject: thanks for nothing   paramyxovirus EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 12:31 am

no one ever answers on this site all they wanna do is show pictures of there birds .great help to people who are only starting of like myself.
    Back to top Go down
    showracer
    Chipping
    Chipping
    showracer

paramyxovirus Empty
    PostSubject: Re: paramyxovirus   paramyxovirus EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 1:51 am

some one tell him
    I can't we have not got it out here in OZ so far Very Happy
    Back to top Go down
    http://www.celerityparkstud.com
    chris perry
    Hatchling
    Hatchling
    chris perry

paramyxovirus Empty
    PostSubject: Re: paramyxovirus   paramyxovirus EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 6:55 am

lofthouse wrote:
    no one ever answers on this site all they wanna do is show pictures of there birds .great help to people who are only starting of like myself.

would have to disagree with the above quote, i have had no end of advise and information from the lads off this site,

as for your question on vacinating , i personaly, would do what i am doing and go to my local pigeon club and get one of the lads with experiance to do it, there is no way i would do it my self as i am a new starter like yourself.
    that way you get it witnesed at the same time and hopefully its done right.
    maybee when i've seen it done for myself i would consider wether i could do my owns birds , but at the moment , let someone who knows what there doing handle it.
    Back to top Go down
    peel bros
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    peel bros

paramyxovirus Empty
    PostSubject: Re: paramyxovirus   paramyxovirus EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 7:17 am

lofthouse wrote:
    Back to top Go down
    peel bros
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    peel bros

paramyxovirus Empty
    PostSubject: Re: paramyxovirus   paramyxovirus EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 7:19 am

what a load of rubbish ,we help everyone we can on here......they are a great set of lads on here
    Back to top Go down
    birdy2011
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    birdy2011

paramyxovirus Empty
    PostSubject: not the case loft house   paramyxovirus EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 7:34 am

lofthouse wrote:

i do remember saying ask a member to help you vacinate your birds and also if you ask someone close to you they may give you the vacine as you only have a few birds
    as for your reply no one on here helps this is not the case any member on here will go out there way to help you thats what the site is for helping each other
    Back to top Go down
    Rudderfett
    Youngbird
    Youngbird
    Rudderfett

paramyxovirus Empty
    PostSubject: Re: paramyxovirus   paramyxovirus EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 8:36 am

Very Happy Pm. Me I will answer any questions you have, my 14 year old son does my youngsters its easy, no blood no pain. I think you asked a question at a time when a lot of people were not online, I for one only went on for a minute last night, just be patient we always answer novice questions..... Wink
    Back to top Go down
    highflyerboy
    Hatchling
    Hatchling
    highflyerboy

paramyxovirus Empty
    PostSubject: Re: paramyxovirus   paramyxovirus EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 4:42 pm

hey loft house ! you cannot be serious about not getting any help .the lads on here will bend over backwards to help other fanciers out .like has been said just be patient mate
    Back to top Go down
    Paul
    Hatchling
    Hatchling
    Paul

paramyxovirus Empty
    PostSubject: Re: paramyxovirus   paramyxovirus EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 5:14 pm

lofthouse wrote:

strongly disagree mate, if you want immediate answers go onto the forum, if you want an answer when you post it be patient but you will get the answer, great lads on here prepared to bend over backwards to help other people, look at my situation with the fire fund.
    Back to top Go down
    IANYOUNG
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    IANYOUNG

paramyxovirus Empty
    PostSubject: Re: paramyxovirus   paramyxovirus EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 6:36 pm

lofthouse wrote:
    just watched a guy vac 50 birds today would not let him do my 4 birds kinda looked like he was just guessing were he was sticking in the needle blood was pumping out of at least 7 of them he did put 2mm in.how often do u vac a bird and how far does the needle go in and were exactly?
    as for vaccinating birds against paramixo this is a must as for blood pumping out clearly this is not done right my birds have been vaccinated every year and have never had them bleeding as for dosage its 0.25 ml per bird
    Back to top Go down
    kev d
    Youngbird
    Youngbird
    kev d

paramyxovirus Empty
    PostSubject: Re: paramyxovirus   paramyxovirus EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 8:35 pm

hi mate , the best way to vaccinate pigeons one guy holds the pigeon so its facing towards you then the guy holding the pigeon parts the feathers on back of the birds neck so the skin is showing and the guy vaccinating
    sticks the needle in to the back of the neck by just breaking the skin also avoiding any veins then give it a qick rub then all done ,simple . i must say your wrong in what you said very helpfull on here all of us are , if you can,t put pictures of your pigeons on a pigeon chat site where do you expect them to put them . atb ,kev
    Back to top Go down
    David
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    David

paramyxovirus Empty
    PostSubject: Re: paramyxovirus   paramyxovirus EmptyWed Jun 15, 2011 11:56 pm

hi lofthouse, i agree with ian....if theres blood pumping out its not being done right and most likely being stuck too far into the neck. i had mine done by the club sec who has done hundreds of birds and not one drop of blood was seen on any of my birds......the only thing i ever saw was the odd greasy patch on a birds feathers, the needle doesnt need to go into the flesh very far and this causes no distress to the bird if done correctly

i have seen advertised in the bhw a gun to use for vacinating.
    Back to top Go down
    dublin40
    Chipping
    Chipping
    dublin40

paramyxovirus Empty
    PostSubject: sorry lads   paramyxovirus EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 1:45 am

ok i hold my hands up i was wrong .thanks for the help i did not really understand the forums.
    Back to top Go down
    dublin40
    Chipping
    Chipping
    dublin40

paramyxovirus Empty
    PostSubject: Re: paramyxovirus   paramyxovirus EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 1:49 am

kev d wrote:
    hi mate , the best way to vaccinate pigeons one guy holds the pigeon so its facing towards you then the guy holding the pigeon parts the feathers on back of the birds neck so the skin is showing and the guy vaccinating
    sticks the needle in to the back of the neck by just breaking the skin also avoiding any veins then give it a qick rub then all done ,simple . i must say your wrong in what you said very helpfull on here all of us are , if you can,t put pictures of your pigeons on a pigeon chat site where do you expect them to put them . atb ,kev
    thanks mate well explained .
    Back to top Go down
    highflyerboy
    Hatchling
    Hatchling
    highflyerboy

paramyxovirus Empty
    PostSubject: Re: paramyxovirus   paramyxovirus EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 5:59 am

well lads/lasses loft house has apologised so at least he had the decency to do so so i for one say lets move on
    Back to top Go down
    peel bros
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    peel bros

paramyxovirus Empty
    PostSubject: Re: paramyxovirus   paramyxovirus EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 7:30 am

hear hear
    Back to top Go down
    IANYOUNG
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    IANYOUNG

paramyxovirus Empty
    PostSubject: Re: paramyxovirus   paramyxovirus EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 6:14 pm

apoligised for what have i missed something
    Back to top Go down
    peel bros
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    peel bros

paramyxovirus Empty
    PostSubject: Re: paramyxovirus   paramyxovirus EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 6:16 pm

when he said no one helps on this site
    Back to top Go down
    IANYOUNG
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    IANYOUNG

paramyxovirus Empty
    PostSubject: Re: paramyxovirus   paramyxovirus EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 6:18 pm

ah right wheres the appoligie then never seen it
    Back to top Go down
    peel bros
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    peel bros

paramyxovirus Empty
    PostSubject: Re: paramyxovirus   paramyxovirus EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 6:23 pm

lofthouse wrote:
    ok i hold my hands up i was wrong .thanks for the help i did not really understand the forums.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

paramyxovirus Empty
    PostSubject: Re: paramyxovirus   paramyxovirus Empty

Back to top Go down

paramyxovirus
    Page 1 of 1