Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» King removes Patronage
which method is better ???? Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:21 pm

» Good Morning
which method is better ???? Emptyby David Yesterday at 5:50 pm

» Weather today
which method is better ???? Emptyby David Yesterday at 9:20 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
which method is better ???? Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
which method is better ???? Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» escaped birds return
which method is better ???? Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
which method is better ???? Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
which method is better ???? Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
which method is better ???? Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) which method is better ???? 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 62 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 62 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.which method is better ???? Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
which method is better ???? Vote_lcapwhich method is better ???? Voting_barwhich method is better ???? Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
which method is better ???? Vote_lcapwhich method is better ???? Voting_barwhich method is better ???? Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
    Statistics
    We have 1297 registered users
    The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222738 messages in 14003 subjects
    Username:
    Password:
    :: I forgot my password
    Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
    which method is better ???? Winnerofwin
    From Fed Topper to Master Chef
    which method is better ???? Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
    Top posters
    David
    oldstrain
    Don Webb
    Knackered
    peel bros
    IANYOUNG
    MISTY
    George & Morgan
    Gaz b
    birdy2011

which method is better ????

Go down 
    +4
    Ginger
    birdy2011
    lvlasked
    chris perry
    8 posters
    AuthorMessage
    chris perry
    Hatchling
    Hatchling
    chris perry

which method is better ???? Empty
    PostSubject: which method is better ????   which method is better ???? EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 7:10 pm

hiya guys wonder if anyone can help on this one for me ??

when i let my birds out and sit in the garden watching them, they fly for around 15 - 20mins they then land on the roof of the house, as soon as they do this i shake the can and they drop like stones straight into the shed, good control but crap flying i ask myself.

the next experiment i did was to let them out but watch them from the bedroom window were they couldn't see me, every time i have done this they fly for over an hour and when done they drop straight into the shed no messing , i then go down to the shed to feed them shaking the can as i walk up the garden.

now the question is the first method, i have control when calling them down but they dont exercise very long, but letting them do there own thing without seeing me , they get more exercise, but is this method going to bite me in the arse come race day when getting them to drop in on my command.

cheers for your input in advance Very Happy
    Back to top Go down
    lvlasked
    Youngbird
    Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: which method is better ????   which method is better ???? EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 7:11 pm

omg your alive mate Very Happy
    Back to top Go down
    http://cing.co.uk/
    birdy2011
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: which method is better ????   which method is better ???? EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 7:14 pm

many guys stay away when the birds are out widdowhood are the worsed i think they just sumise its feed time when the see you but with widdowhood they think ya gona give um the hens
    Back to top Go down
    Ginger
    Youngbird
    Youngbird
    Ginger

PostSubject: Re: which method is better ????   which method is better ???? EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 7:35 pm

Chis their is a easy way to sort that one out is to try the both ways, as for my birds they sometimes dont fly when I let them out another time they will, I get some results so I leave them do what they want to do,a lot of it is the distances they fly short or long if its long they must have fuel in the tanks to do that, if short I would have thought one would have to keep them a bit short so they trap I myself dont worry about the short ones as mine are over feed anyway if I win one its a bonase for me they get nothing but corn and water my birds are happy all I wont is to get my birds home their my pets.
    Back to top Go down
    peel bros
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    peel bros

PostSubject: Re: which method is better ????   which method is better ???? EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 7:40 pm

birdy2011 wrote:
    many guys stay away when the birds are out widdowhood are the worsed i think they just sumise its feed time when the see you but with widdowhood they think ya gona give um the hens
    totally agree with this,my ybs are like that also,if i stay in the cabin they do a hour no bother
    Back to top Go down
    birdy2011
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: which method is better ????   which method is better ???? EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 7:46 pm

took me agaes to figure that out ray in fact my dad said your being there is like ya gona feed um or give hens so we stopped and let the do as they wanted then go and call um in
    Back to top Go down
    IANYOUNG
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: which method is better ????   which method is better ???? EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 7:48 pm

yes g if they see me in the garden they want down got to stay clear for an hour or so
    Back to top Go down
    David
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    David

PostSubject: Re: which method is better ????   which method is better ???? EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 8:16 pm

hi chris, when i let my ybs out i stay out of sight, or go sit in the house while they are exercising because if im seem they wont fly for long................as far as im concerned one of the most important things for ybs is to exercise well and to go ranging, once they are training/racing they will click into the routine and once flying well will eat correctly too and trap when needed.
    Back to top Go down
    Don Webb
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: which method is better ????   which method is better ???? EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 9:30 pm

David wrote:
    hi chris, when i let my ybs out i stay out of sight, or go sit in the house while they are exercising because if im seem they wont fly for long................as far as im concerned one of the most important things for ybs is to exercise well and to go ranging, once they are training/racing they will click into the routine and once flying well will eat correctly too and trap when needed.

Chris agree with David on this one, i myself always kept out of the way and watched from the kitchen window or even from the field were i was taking the dog a walk, doing 2 things with one stone
    Back to top Go down
    David
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    David

PostSubject: Re: which method is better ????   which method is better ???? EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 9:35 pm

thats right don, feeding and exercising goes hand in hand.......if exercising properly everything clicks into place, and once they are ranging they wont want to land on house roofs because they get to know the routine of either flying or trapping into the loft.
    Back to top Go down
    chris perry
    Hatchling
    Hatchling
    chris perry

PostSubject: Re: which method is better ????   which method is better ???? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 8:16 pm

Thanks guys, from the comments I reckon i keeping out of site works better and to be honest have tried this system every night this week they have excercised loads better they even dropped onto the loft landing board tonight instead of the house roof, thanks again guys cheers
    Back to top Go down
    David
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    David

PostSubject: Re: which method is better ????   which method is better ???? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 8:17 pm

glad you got it sorted chris.........
    Back to top Go down
    birdy2011
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: which method is better ????   which method is better ???? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 8:18 pm

ya need to listern to the mrs chris stay out my site lol
    Back to top Go down
    David
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    David

PostSubject: Re: which method is better ????   which method is better ???? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 8:23 pm

whats the new avatar graham...?
    Back to top Go down
    birdy2011
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: which method is better ????   which method is better ???? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 9:11 pm

a pigeon david ya really do need to get speck savers
    Back to top Go down
    David
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    David

PostSubject: Re: which method is better ????   which method is better ???? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 9:18 pm

im using a magnifying glass now graham, the wife said if i get another shell melt them togeather and make me a pair of glasses out of them................ lol!
    Back to top Go down
    birdy2011
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: which method is better ????   which method is better ???? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 9:35 pm

might be better to ask her to get you 2 telescopes ffs
    Back to top Go down
    David
    Oldbird
    Oldbird
    David

PostSubject: Re: which method is better ????   which method is better ???? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 10:16 pm

birdy2011 wrote:
    might be better to ask her to get you 2 telescopes ffs

PMSL graham.............
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: which method is better ????   which method is better ???? Empty

Back to top Go down

which method is better ????
    Page 1 of 1