Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
any ideas please ?? Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 6:10 am

» sorting birds out
any ideas please ?? Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:33 am

» Weather today
any ideas please ?? Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:30 am

» new rules from Defra
any ideas please ?? Emptyby David Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:30 pm

» RPRA Auction ........
any ideas please ?? Emptyby David Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:40 pm

» overnight and multiple nights basket
any ideas please ?? Emptyby Knackered Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:21 pm

» Loft Location
any ideas please ?? Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:43 pm

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
any ideas please ?? Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:43 am

» RPRA Auction
any ideas please ?? Emptyby David Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:04 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) any ideas please ?? 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 29 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 29 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.any ideas please ?? Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
any ideas please ?? Vote_lcapany ideas please ?? Voting_barany ideas please ?? Vote_rcap 
David
any ideas please ?? Vote_lcapany ideas please ?? Voting_barany ideas please ?? Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221949 messages in 13972 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
any ideas please ?? Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
any ideas please ?? Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

any ideas please ??

Go down 
+4
peel bros
George & Morgan
David
Rene A
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

any ideas please ?? Empty
PostSubject: any ideas please ??   any ideas please ?? EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 11:16 pm

i have one of my pigeons that sound like its got a babies rattle inside it ive treated for respretory and treated for canker but none have seemed to do any good all the others are fine and flyin round the house like rockets dont want the black bag cos he's a crackin pigeon and thrown out some good ybs this year scratch
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: any ideas please ??   any ideas please ?? EmptyWed Oct 12, 2011 11:33 pm

no idea rene im afraid, my first guess would be respretory but if youve treated for this it cant be.............what did you treat with ?
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: any ideas please   any ideas please ?? EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 4:31 am

have had it in birds in the past but can't remember what it was i'm sure it has to do with the throat maybe something has got stuck around the tongue good luck mate hope all goes well for it why does it always happen to the best birds
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: any ideas please ??   any ideas please ?? EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 7:51 am

for the respatory i had some stuff off my corn merchant he said he uses it on all his birds but i cant remember the name of it scratch ive also given naziine
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: any ideas please ??   any ideas please ?? EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:01 am

Rene A wrote:
i have one of my pigeons that sound like its got a babies rattle inside it ive treated for respretory and treated for canker but none have seemed to do any good all the others are fine and flyin round the house like rockets dont want the black bag cos he's a crackin pigeon and thrown out some good ybs this year scratch
if hes flying ok just leave him
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: any ideas please ??   any ideas please ?? EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:13 am

Rene A wrote:

try the baytryl rene sure it will sort it 0.1 ml down the throught for 5 days not 1ml 0.1
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: any ideas please ??   any ideas please ?? EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:19 am

where can i get that stull ian ive heard of it before do i need to get it from the vet's ?
Back to top Go down
birdlady
Chipping
Chipping
birdlady

PostSubject: Re: any ideas please ??   any ideas please ?? EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 11:03 am

could it maybe be airsac mites....i know with the smaller birds i had,on the odd occassion they had it,they made a clicking/rattling sound.

moxidection or ivermec usually sorted it out...
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: any ideas please ??   any ideas please ?? EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 12:06 pm

Rene A wrote:
where can i get that stull ian ive heard of it before do i need to get it from the vet's ?

Enrofloxacin is another name for it rene you can get it on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ENR-PALUMBS-all-one-Racing-Pigeon-/260825489024?pt=UK_Collectables_AnimalCollectables_SM&hash=item3cba691e80#ht_2504wt_
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: any ideas please ??   any ideas please ?? EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 12:21 pm

sounds like ornithosis (chlamydiosis) to me if so i would use it is not noticable in the early stages apart from maybe scratching of the eye area usualy just one also the area to the side of the head the effected conjuctiva soon goes red ,and lachrymation can be seen ,first clear then purelent,which can be accompanied by a runny nose .later ,respiratory syptoms also emerge.the latter are not noticeable to begin with ,possibly only worsening during and after flight.as the illness progresses,the pathogen attacks even deeper tissues ,reaching the lungs and the air sacs when distint respiratory difficulties and a rattling sighing sound appears also the illness can be accompanied by deep green glutinous diarrhoea and eventualy the weight of the bird declines in addition to the bacteria ,chlamydial illness is sometimes aggravated by an associated fungal infection -necrotic and inflammed plexa develop,primarily on the walls of the air sacs and on the surface of the lungs the presence of the pathogen can be proved directly by taking a swipe from the cornea.best treatment for the illness is a form of tetracycline deriative combined with tylosin if necessary also healthy birds can be sympthom free carriers of the illness.rene i would strongly advise you seek some help from a avian vet mate atb ...darren
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: any ideas please ??   any ideas please ?? EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 12:30 pm

sent you a pm rene
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: any ideas please ??   any ideas please ?? EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 3:26 pm

any news rene......?
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: any ideas please ??   any ideas please ?? EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 4:13 pm

David wrote:
no idea rene im afraid, my first guess would be respretory but if youve treated for this it cant be.............what did you treat with ?

can take up to 30 days treatment david if its ornithosis then anti fungal then probiotics
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: any ideas please ??   any ideas please ?? EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 7:06 pm

does treatment include all the birds in the section, or just the ill bird.....?
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: any ideas please ??   any ideas please ?? EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 7:43 pm

you should treat all very contageous
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

PostSubject: Re: any ideas please ??   any ideas please ?? EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:37 pm

Rene come down home Ill give you some stuff to clear it if Id thought of it when you came down I should have given it to you then it will be a flock treatment. study study study study study study study
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: any ideas please ??   any ideas please ?? EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:44 pm

well ive treated for canker and respritory of all the birds in the loft 2/3 days ago and the one i had contained on its own seems to be a lot better to night i'll give it another couple of days isolation before letin it back into the loft thanks every one for the input cheers
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: any ideas please ??   any ideas please ?? EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:45 pm

Ginger wrote:
Rene come down home Ill give you some stuff to clear it if Id thought of it when you came down I should have given it to you then it will be a flock treatment. study study study study study study study

thanks ginger i got some stuff off leggy and its seems to of worked touchin wood
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: any ideas please ??   any ideas please ?? EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:47 pm

Rene A wrote:
well ive treated for canker and respritory of all the birds in the loft 2/3 days ago and the one i had contained on its own seems to be a lot better to night i'll give it another couple of days isolation before letin it back into the loft thanks every one for the input cheers

glad to hear it rene by the way just out of interest how long did you treat for respiratory and what with
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: any ideas please ??   any ideas please ?? EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:53 pm

i dont know the name of the stuff mate but i started giving it to all the birds on Sunday one of our corn merchants gave me the stuff mate i was goin to try the naziline but dont think i need to now
cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: any ideas please ??   any ideas please ?? EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:57 pm

i hope thats the end of it for you rene atb mate
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: any ideas please ??   any ideas please ?? EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:59 pm

yeh same here mate i try an find the name of that stuff at the weekend mate
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: any ideas please ??   any ideas please ?? EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 10:24 pm

glad its on the mend rene, Very Happy

p.s. i havnt forgot about the code !!!!!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Rene A
Youngbird
Youngbird
Rene A

PostSubject: Re: any ideas please ??   any ideas please ?? EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 10:36 pm

lol! lol! ok mate theres no hurry for it i can put it on any time
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: any ideas please ??   any ideas please ?? EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 4:35 pm

rene wasnt by any chance amoxycillan based with doxicycline that sorted it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: any ideas please ??   any ideas please ?? Empty

Back to top Go down

any ideas please ??
Page 1 of 1