Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Ian Evans BHW Letter
It's been a very hard week at the lofts. - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Today at 1:17 am

» birds on loan
It's been a very hard week at the lofts. - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:40 am

» Good Morning
It's been a very hard week at the lofts. - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:29 am

» photo of Morgan
It's been a very hard week at the lofts. - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:20 am

» Weather today
It's been a very hard week at the lofts. - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 5:23 pm

» Hotting up in the Middle East
It's been a very hard week at the lofts. - Page 2 Emptyby David Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:35 pm

» Homing World Stud Book
It's been a very hard week at the lofts. - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:46 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
It's been a very hard week at the lofts. - Page 2 Emptyby David Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:39 am

» pigeonchat closing down
It's been a very hard week at the lofts. - Page 2 Emptyby David Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:55 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) It's been a very hard week at the lofts. - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 62 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 62 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.It's been a very hard week at the lofts. - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
It's been a very hard week at the lofts. - Page 2 Vote_lcapIt's been a very hard week at the lofts. - Page 2 Voting_barIt's been a very hard week at the lofts. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
David
It's been a very hard week at the lofts. - Page 2 Vote_lcapIt's been a very hard week at the lofts. - Page 2 Voting_barIt's been a very hard week at the lofts. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Knackered
barnie
oldstrain
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222389 messages in 13991 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
It's been a very hard week at the lofts. - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
It's been a very hard week at the lofts. - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

It's been a very hard week at the lofts.

Go down 
+6
peel bros
Chad
steve b
stormqueen
Mick
Gaz b
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

It's been a very hard week at the lofts. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's been a very hard week at the lofts.   It's been a very hard week at the lofts. - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 8:12 pm

Just been on your site Gary some good tips their I will youse some thanks
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: It's been a very hard week at the lofts.   It's been a very hard week at the lofts. - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 8:23 pm

i can see it gary, your link works for me.............. scratch
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: It's been a very hard week at the lofts.   It's been a very hard week at the lofts. - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 9:29 pm

Cheers David, I had to remove some things from it. But it shows the basics. Thanks Ginger, It's still under construction at the mo and will be adding more to it over the coming weeks, especially about some pairings and how I selected them. Plus loads of other stuff.
Chad, I don't think someone wants us to take advantage of the free wind. Wait till you see the Hydro wheel generator. I've been given a challenge to use three elements. Two I've almost completed.

Last edited by Gary Burgess on Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://kjlofts.yolasite.com/about-our-birds.php
Chad
Hatchling
Hatchling
Chad

PostSubject: Re: It's been a very hard week at the lofts.   It's been a very hard week at the lofts. - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 10:10 pm

A simple paddle wheel in running water should turn the alternator just as well or maybe better than a fan in the wind. I would like to have my house powered for free. Solar would be most accurate here and turbines would help sometimes and there is no running water close enough.
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: It's been a very hard week at the lofts.   It's been a very hard week at the lofts. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 3:16 pm

http://www.mdpub.com/Wind_Turbine/index.html
This is a more in depth version. of a turbine.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: It's been a very hard week at the lofts.   It's been a very hard week at the lofts. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 5:21 pm

ive a stream running through my garden where the loft is, maybe a paddle on there would generate some free power......... lol!
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: It's been a very hard week at the lofts.   It's been a very hard week at the lofts. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 6:21 pm

All you would need is a tube with a paddle wheel in it, make a little dam and bingo your in business.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: It's been a very hard week at the lofts.   It's been a very hard week at the lofts. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 7:10 pm

yes it already is damed gary........ lol! been thinking of fitting electric lights to the loft for a while now so might get it sorted.
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: It's been a very hard week at the lofts.   It's been a very hard week at the lofts. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 7:25 pm

You want to do it mate. you wont believe the difference it makes. Especially through the breeding season.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: It's been a very hard week at the lofts.   It's been a very hard week at the lofts. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 7:27 pm

its very handy having lights in the loft, i had it years ago when i raced before......when i got home from work it was dark in the winter and it enabled me to clean out at night.
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: It's been a very hard week at the lofts.   It's been a very hard week at the lofts. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 8:31 pm

Plus I always sit quietly observing the birds when I'm pairing up and the extra light works wonders, by motivating the cocks when they are driving the hens. When I had lofts at home I raced on the light system so my yb loft was always well lit with strip lights. But you can buy led strip lights now which have a low power consumption, but give off a good light. They even come in 72 light strips
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: It's been a very hard week at the lofts.   It's been a very hard week at the lofts. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 8:53 pm

i usually sit in during the day when i feed up, i keep looking and thinking which im going to put to what etc............then i change my mind, ill probably have altered them all again by the time pairing up comes round.
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: It's been a very hard week at the lofts.   It's been a very hard week at the lofts. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 9:26 pm

I have taken to photographing them now. I have them all on the computer, or will have by the time I've finished. This way I can study them in depth. Especially the out-crosses. I will have everything at my fingertips all being well.
This way all pedigrees, pairings and offspring will all be in our database and stop us from having all these boxes of paperwork
I'm working on a computerised system at the lofts, but it's all experimental at this stage. As we are contemplating ETS as well next year.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: It's been a very hard week at the lofts.   It's been a very hard week at the lofts. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 10:32 pm

my club wont hear of using ets, they dont have anything to do with it.............altho another club in our fed ahs got a grant and are using ets scratch
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: It's been a very hard week at the lofts.   It's been a very hard week at the lofts. - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 11:12 pm

Non around us have yielded yet, but like everything else. It's only a matter of time. Don't get me wrong, I love the buzz of clocking in on the old T3, I remember when I got my first one from Belgium many years ago. The club was having non of it. They were still using Toulets and STB's. lol!
It's progress mate.
Back to top Go down
Mick
Hatchling
Hatchling
Mick

PostSubject: Re: It's been a very hard week at the lofts.   It's been a very hard week at the lofts. - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 7:58 am

i use ETS but thats not my choice my partner is bad with his legs and chest if yous seen him trying to catch a bird yous would understand ...dont get me wrong ide rather still have a T3 but either way i still get the buzz when they come and when there home no matter what clock i use
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: It's been a very hard week at the lofts.   It's been a very hard week at the lofts. - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 10:38 am

That's like my mate, some days, he's ok. But others he has badly swollen joints and is in a great deal of pain. That's why we made the race loft sections narrow, so he can catch them easily. But his Arthritis isn't getting any better.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: It's been a very hard week at the lofts.   It's been a very hard week at the lofts. - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 11:37 pm

i think theres a definate advantage for the ets users over the normql clocking method. and if my club would use it i think i would buy one............altho ive been told that if a member wants to use ets the club cant refure him, i asked my club sec about this and he said yes you can use one but no one will set/read it for you........... No scratch study geek
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: It's been a very hard week at the lofts.   It's been a very hard week at the lofts. - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 9:28 am

Benzing are even giving away free club systems so long as five members buy their system. It's the club secretary's job to ensure all these system are accommodated. I do believe that if the majority of the club are using conventional timing methods, then to be fair. ETS users should incur a small time penalty. Unless under special circumstances, like Jarra Lad explained. For disabled fanciers, the ETS must be a godsend, as they are now able to compete again.
Using such systems, in time could actually change the whole face of pigeon racing. Even the way clubs are run, or even the demise of the small clubs. Federation transporters themselves could do all the basketing themselves. Clocking in could be done via the internet. The possibilities are endless.
It' certainly food for thought. study
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: It's been a very hard week at the lofts.   It's been a very hard week at the lofts. - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 2:18 pm

yes your right gary, it certainly is......
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: It's been a very hard week at the lofts.   It's been a very hard week at the lofts. - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 1:10 am

Gary Burgess wrote:
Benzing are even giving away free club systems so long as five members buy their system. It's the club secretary's job to ensure all these system are accommodated. I do believe that if the majority of the club are using conventional timing methods, then to be fair. ETS users should incur a small time penalty. Unless under special circumstances, like Jarra Lad explained. For disabled fanciers, the ETS must be a godsend, as they are now able to compete again.
Using such systems, in time could actually change the whole face of pigeon racing. Even the way clubs are run, or even the demise of the small clubs. Federation transporters themselves could do all the basketing themselves. Clocking in could be done via the internet. The possibilities are endless.
It' certainly food for thought. study

I will second that Gary
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's been a very hard week at the lofts.   It's been a very hard week at the lofts. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

It's been a very hard week at the lofts.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2