Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» escaped birds return
Late Breds sitting eggs Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 7:59 pm

» Weather today
Late Breds sitting eggs Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 11:44 am

» Good Morning
Late Breds sitting eggs Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 11:42 am

» King removes Patronage
Late Breds sitting eggs Emptyby George & Morgan Tue May 07, 2024 7:21 pm

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
Late Breds sitting eggs Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
Late Breds sitting eggs Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
Late Breds sitting eggs Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
Late Breds sitting eggs Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
Late Breds sitting eggs Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Late Breds sitting eggs 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 91 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 91 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Late Breds sitting eggs Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Late Breds sitting eggs Vote_lcapLate Breds sitting eggs Voting_barLate Breds sitting eggs Vote_rcap 
David
Late Breds sitting eggs Vote_lcapLate Breds sitting eggs Voting_barLate Breds sitting eggs Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222742 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Late Breds sitting eggs Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Late Breds sitting eggs Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Late Breds sitting eggs

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tdubz615
Chipping
Chipping

Late Breds sitting eggs Empty
PostSubject: Late Breds sitting eggs   Late Breds sitting eggs EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 2:08 pm

Hi all,

I currently have 4 pairs down on eggs at the mo, the thing is they are late breds i purchased from LPW last may to start me off.
Being only 8 months or so old at the minute, would i be better to only let them rear the 1st round and then discard of the 2nd round eggs so as to not take to much out of them or not?

Cheers,
Tony
Back to top Go down
http://www.astarpigeoncouriers.co.uk
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Late Breds sitting eggs   Late Breds sitting eggs EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 2:15 pm

hi tony, personally i see no need to remove any eggs from them, if they have laid and are sitting ok then i see no need.............just leave them to sit and hatche their eggs is my opinion.... Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Tdubz615
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: Late Breds sitting eggs   Late Breds sitting eggs EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 2:17 pm

Hi David,

do you mean the 2nd round also?
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Late Breds sitting eggs   Late Breds sitting eggs EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 2:27 pm

hi tony, if i remember you told me they paired up and laid with no problems, as this is the case they seem perfectly capable of sitting and rearing the first round of eggs, if it was me i would just leave them to it, and wouldnt be smashing any of the eggs......unless of course you can see for certain they are clear.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Late Breds sitting eggs   Late Breds sitting eggs EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 4:40 pm

yes i would leave them to just let them rear their own they aint racing so should be fine but if you intend to train and race these late breds then thats different
Back to top Go down
Tdubz615
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: Late Breds sitting eggs   Late Breds sitting eggs EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 5:51 pm

David wrote:
hi tony, if i remember you told me they paired up and laid with no problems, as this is the case they seem perfectly capable of sitting and rearing the first round of eggs, if it was me i would just leave them to it, and wouldnt be smashing any of the eggs......unless of course you can see for certain they are clear.

Yes David this is true,some of the eggs do seem a little on the small side but after checking one from each nest they do appear to be fertile, certainly not clear.

Unfortunately, one of the eggs has somehow been cracked as i noticed small amount of dried yellow yolk on shell.
Im assuming this means the membrane has been broken and the chances for this egg are next to zero.
Back to top Go down
lvlasked
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Late Breds sitting eggs   Late Breds sitting eggs EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 5:57 pm

they late breds be fine to rear 2 rounds just dont talke no more out of them as they are still growing there selfs and learning
Back to top Go down
http://cing.co.uk/
Tdubz615
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: Late Breds sitting eggs   Late Breds sitting eggs EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 5:59 pm

oldstrain wrote:
yes i would leave them to just let them rear their own they aint racing so should be fine but if you intend to train and race these late breds then thats different

Hi Mate,

these birds have been very well educated in my inexperienced opinion,
being tossed before last yb season up to 40 mile and also went to the first 4 yb races before i stopped them due to the moult.
i suppose thats partly my reason for asking the initial question as these birds are also my race team.

Cheers,
Tony.

I really did to much to soon with these birds last year considering their age but im hoping they fly better for it this year.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Late Breds sitting eggs   Late Breds sitting eggs EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 7:50 pm

well if your racing them 2 rounds then split them cocks and hens for a rest then re-pair and send them sitting to the races ..........dont burn the candle with them mate sounds as though they could be half tidy jmo
Back to top Go down
Tdubz615
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: Late Breds sitting eggs   Late Breds sitting eggs EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 9:15 pm

Just an update..........

Out of the 4 pairs i had down on eggs, i can tell you that 1 egg was damaged in the nest ( Very early on ) and was discarded, 1 died in the shell soon after starting chipping???? and 1 squab died 24hrs after hatching due to ( I think ) being trampled on.
I now have 5 squabs in the nests seemingly doing well, all bar 1 pair single rearing.

First time for me and with the pigeons being yearlings, i think we have done ok so far Smile

Tony.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Late Breds sitting eggs   Late Breds sitting eggs EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 9:18 pm

yes i agree tony, for your first time with yearlings youve done well............hope you get a good yb team together and they race well for you.
Back to top Go down
Tdubz615
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: Late Breds sitting eggs   Late Breds sitting eggs EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 9:20 pm

Thanks David and same to you Mate.
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: Late Breds sitting eggs   Late Breds sitting eggs EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 11:25 am

sounds great tony well done, its very exciting when you have ybs in the nest and wondering what they will turn out like Smile
Back to top Go down
Tdubz615
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: Late Breds sitting eggs   Late Breds sitting eggs EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 1:01 pm

Well, went into loft this morning and found another squab dead, obviously fell out of nest through the night.
I suppose these things happen in pigeons.
All 4 pairs single rearing now so hopefully that will be the end of the misfortunes and the remaining squabs will do better for it.

Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Late Breds sitting eggs   Late Breds sitting eggs EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 2:24 pm

sorry to hear this tony, like you say these things happen dont they..........hopefully you should get 4 healthy from the ones yoU have left.
Back to top Go down
Tdubz615
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: Late Breds sitting eggs   Late Breds sitting eggs EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 2:50 pm

Late Breds sitting eggs DSCF1018

Heres 1 David
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Late Breds sitting eggs   Late Breds sitting eggs EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 4:13 pm

looking very nice and healthy tony, whats the light coloured material in the nest, ordinary straw.....? i always use straw for nesting.
Back to top Go down
lvlasked
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: Late Breds sitting eggs   Late Breds sitting eggs EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 4:22 pm

i use tobacco stalks and it looks like paper Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://cing.co.uk/
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Late Breds sitting eggs   Late Breds sitting eggs EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 8:40 pm

i dont know mate but that stuff in the nest looks plastic ......just use straw or wood shavings ,anything plastic dont belong in the nest
Back to top Go down
Tdubz615
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: Late Breds sitting eggs   Late Breds sitting eggs EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 8:56 pm

Hi fellas,

Yes there is a nest felt with Tobacco stalks in each nest and it was only the other night i decided to put a small handful of the wax coated shredded paper bedding in each box and let them build a bit more.
Being dust free i thought it would be fine and the extra bedding during the night a bonus too. Smile
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: Late Breds sitting eggs   Late Breds sitting eggs EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 8:58 pm

Tdubz615 wrote:
Hi fellas,

Yes there is a nest felt with Tobacco stalks in each nest and it was only the other night i decided to put a small handful of the wax coated shredded paper bedding in each box and let them build a bit more.
Being dust free i thought it would be fine and the extra bedding during the night a bonus too. Smile

take it out mate as its no good and replace with straw or wood shavings or more tobacco stalks jmo
Back to top Go down
Tdubz615
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: Late Breds sitting eggs   Late Breds sitting eggs EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 9:00 pm

No problem mate, always happy to take good advice Wink
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Late Breds sitting eggs   Late Breds sitting eggs EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 10:06 pm

hi tony. just my opinion but im wondering if this plastic coated bedding you have added to the nest is responsible for the ybs getting pulled out of the nest.....? is it possible it has wrapped around the parents feet or the ybs feet and when the parent has come off the nest pulled the yb out too.....?

this is just a thought, i could be totally wrong......
Back to top Go down
Tdubz615
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: Late Breds sitting eggs   Late Breds sitting eggs EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 10:13 pm

Being honest David i do believe this to be the most likely cause.
i only placed a small handful into each box as id ran out of the stalks and thought it would give extra cover, but as i said b4 im learning all the time Smile
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Late Breds sitting eggs   Late Breds sitting eggs EmptySun Jan 22, 2012 11:29 pm

we are all learning tony, its the only way by trial and error.........ive made big mistakes over the last couple of seasons but as with all fanciers we just have to learn from it......

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Late Breds sitting eggs   Late Breds sitting eggs Empty

Back to top Go down

Late Breds sitting eggs
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next