Forum for Pigeon Fanciers
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  UK Pigeon SalesUK Pigeon Sales  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» RAPTORS ARE LOVEABLE
by MISTY Today at 8:22 pm

» YB Dead....
by MISTY Today at 8:04 pm

» YB Season....
by MISTY Today at 7:27 pm

» mnfc one loft 2018
by oldstrain Today at 2:11 pm

» Weather today
by oldstrain Today at 1:48 pm

» Welcome Daz....
by oldstrain Today at 1:46 pm

» Any Race Results This Weekend .
by oldstrain Today at 1:46 pm

» Burgalary Service Available....
by Knackered Today at 11:21 am

» good luck lads
by oldstrain Yesterday at 6:02 pm

Forum Syndicate
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
Who is online?
In total there are 26 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 25 Guests :: 2 Bots

David

Most users ever online was 144 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:37 am
Bucktons 2017 Calendar
Pigeon World Forum, Fancier of the Year Trophy.
Top posting users this week
David
 
oldstrain
 
Knackered
 
MISTY
 
peel bros
 
redrog
 
Boosey
 
halcanada
 
denise washington
 
barnie
 
Statistics
We have 1138 registered users
The newest registered user is Daz

Our users have posted a total of 168288 messages in 11143 subjects
Log in
Username:
Password:
Log in automatically: 
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
John Gibbs young pied/grizzle winner.
Top posters
David
 
Don Webb
 
IANYOUNG
 
oldstrain
 
peel bros
 
Knackered
 
Gaz b
 
birdy2011
 
Rene A
 
Alex
 

Share | 
 

 Matrix............???

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 32094
Join date : 2009-03-18
Location : Leeds

PostSubject: Matrix............???   Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:57 pm

cant get any matrix from anywhere, been to my regular two corn supplies and they havnt any, they cant say when the new supplies will be coming either..........i know some say matrix is a big con, and to some degree i agree with them, but ive not had any for nearly a week and i can see the difference in my birds appearance, they looking a bit rough.


any member know a supplier of it.........????
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
avatar

Posts : 3337
Join date : 2010-09-22
Age : 79
Location : Kenya

PostSubject: Re: Matrix............???   Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:43 pm

http://www.pigeons.co.uk/gem/gem-the-matrix.html

order now david you may get it by time racing starts Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird


Posts : 2399
Join date : 2011-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Matrix............???   Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:32 pm

David wrote:
cant get any matrix from anywhere, been to my regular two corn supplies and they havnt any, they cant say when the new supplies will be coming either..........i know some say matrix is a big con, and to some degree i agree with them, but ive not had any for nearly a week and i can see the difference in my birds appearance, they looking a bit rough.


any member know a supplier of it.........????

make your own David save a few quid sean
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 32094
Join date : 2009-03-18
Location : Leeds

PostSubject: Re: Matrix............???   Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:17 pm

Alex wrote:
http://www.pigeons.co.uk/gem/gem-the-matrix.html

order now david you may get it by time racing starts Razz Razz Razz


13.95 plus postage ....!!! not likely, its only a tenner from the corn shop...(when he has it...lol)
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 32094
Join date : 2009-03-18
Location : Leeds

PostSubject: Re: Matrix............???   Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:18 pm

seanl wrote:
David wrote:
cant get any matrix from anywhere, been to my regular two corn supplies and they havnt any, they cant say when the new supplies will be coming either..........i know some say matrix is a big con, and to some degree i agree with them, but ive not had any for nearly a week and i can see the difference in my birds appearance, they looking a bit rough.


any member know a supplier of it.........????

make your own David save a few quid sean

i have done sean, but cant get the aniseed smell into it..........if its a liquid it will make the mix go wet or sticky and clump, how else can i do it ? redband ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 5539
Join date : 2011-01-01
Age : 58

PostSubject: Re: Matrix............???   Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:19 pm

David wrote:
seanl wrote:
David wrote:
cant get any matrix from anywhere, been to my regular two corn supplies and they havnt any, they cant say when the new supplies will be coming either..........i know some say matrix is a big con, and to some degree i agree with them, but ive not had any for nearly a week and i can see the difference in my birds appearance, they looking a bit rough.


any member know a supplier of it.........????

make your own David save a few quid sean

i have done sean, but cant get the aniseed smell into it..........if its a liquid it will make the mix go wet or sticky and clump, how else can i do it ? redband ?

get some crushed hemp david
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 32094
Join date : 2009-03-18
Location : Leeds

PostSubject: Re: Matrix............???   Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:21 pm

will hemp give it the aniseed smell graham ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 5539
Join date : 2011-01-01
Age : 58

PostSubject: Re: Matrix............???   Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:22 pm

well it works on fish mate just add a couple of spots of anniseed they will at it trust me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 5539
Join date : 2011-01-01
Age : 58

PostSubject: Re: Matrix............???   Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:25 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 32094
Join date : 2009-03-18
Location : Leeds

PostSubject: Re: Matrix............???   Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:25 pm

the mix ive made looks just the same, and also ive got most of the ingredients in it.........once the birds start eating it and realise theres no aniseed they turn thier beaks up at it............ lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 32094
Join date : 2009-03-18
Location : Leeds

PostSubject: Re: Matrix............???   Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:27 pm

excellent, that looks just the thing graham, ill save that and give it a try ...........thanks. cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 5539
Join date : 2011-01-01
Age : 58

PostSubject: Re: Matrix............???   Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:32 pm

well im sure its cheeper david after all thats whats in matrix

most animals crave for it i eat the bloody hemp when i go fishing lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 32094
Join date : 2009-03-18
Location : Leeds

PostSubject: Re: Matrix............???   Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:48 pm

ive mixed most of the ingredients myself but if i can get this aniseed smell,taste so the birds like it im sure i could make a big mix of it cheaper than buying it........


think chris is right, fanciers who use matrix have created matrix addicts..... lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 11338
Join date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Matrix............???   Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:56 pm

david get some conditioner and add it to your diy matrix or get some aniseed oil and add it to some hemp let dry off and add the hemp to your grit mix Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 32094
Join date : 2009-03-18
Location : Leeds

PostSubject: Re: Matrix............???   Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:05 pm

hi darren where will i get aniseed oil from ? and is it conditioning seed ? if so where do i get this ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 11338
Join date : 2011-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Matrix............???   Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:25 pm

David wrote:
hi darren where will i get aniseed oil from ? and is it conditioning seed ? if so where do i get this ?

red band is the conditioner yer after david and carrs sell the aniseed oil but its called trapping oil ......your corn merchant should sell the conditioner if not, colombine or versa laga and merrimans sell a sneaky mix which are just as good if not better ,i bought a sack of buctons conditioner for £17 but alot of corn merchants sell it broken down in 2 killo bags.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 32094
Join date : 2009-03-18
Location : Leeds

PostSubject: Re: Matrix............???   Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:26 pm

thanks darren, bought a bag of redband and mixed it with my own mixture.........they ate it just like matrix, so it will do until i can get some..........

im thinking of making my own in future as im sure even if it worked out roughly the same price it would make double the amount, and judging by what ive seen the ingredient they love most out of it is the redband/conditioning aniseed...........


onr thing i did go a bit wrong with in my mixture was too much brewers yeast, but ill know for future......... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 14239
Join date : 2009-03-27
Age : 45
Location : Tipton

PostSubject: Re: Matrix............???   Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:12 pm

David, Darren always used Red Band with crushed peanuts but the aniseed in the red band they go mad for
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 32094
Join date : 2009-03-18
Location : Leeds

PostSubject: Re: Matrix............???   Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:26 pm

hi don, yes i used to use redband years ago.....but since restarting i havnt bothered until now, your right it is the redband in the matrix they find most addictive lol!

i think ill start using redband again when racing to help with the conditioning and the trapping. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 14239
Join date : 2009-03-27
Age : 45
Location : Tipton

PostSubject: Re: Matrix............???   Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:45 pm

David wrote:
hi don, yes i used to use redband years ago.....but since restarting i havnt bothered until now, your right it is the redband in the matrix they find most addictive lol!

i think ill start using redband again when racing to help with the conditioning and the trapping. Very Happy

A lot of the mixtures o n the market are just a slitley different to the likes of the old trusty faitfuls like Red Band
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
avatar

Posts : 3337
Join date : 2010-09-22
Age : 79
Location : Kenya

PostSubject: Re: Matrix............???   Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:34 pm

once i have used mine up i will make the one sean said because it works out cheaper and as people have said its the aniseed they like
Back to top Go down
View user profile
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
avatar

Posts : 5539
Join date : 2011-01-01
Age : 58

PostSubject: Re: Matrix............???   Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:42 pm

they sooner eat matrix than food lol

and thats all they go for anniseed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Matrix............???   

Back to top Go down
 
Matrix............???
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Racing Pigeons,Show & Fancy Pigeons :: Message Forum :: Introductions & Members Messages.-
Jump to: