Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» King removes Patronage
well the new birds are settled in quite nice now  Emptyby David Today at 4:18 pm

» Weather today
well the new birds are settled in quite nice now  Emptyby David Today at 4:16 pm

» Good Morning
well the new birds are settled in quite nice now  Emptyby David Today at 11:34 am

» escaped birds return
well the new birds are settled in quite nice now  Emptyby David Today at 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
well the new birds are settled in quite nice now  Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
well the new birds are settled in quite nice now  Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
well the new birds are settled in quite nice now  Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
well the new birds are settled in quite nice now  Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

» good luck weekend
well the new birds are settled in quite nice now  Emptyby Knackered Thu May 02, 2024 9:16 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) well the new birds are settled in quite nice now  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 89 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 87 Guests :: 2 Bots

David, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.well the new birds are settled in quite nice now  Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
well the new birds are settled in quite nice now  Vote_lcapwell the new birds are settled in quite nice now  Voting_barwell the new birds are settled in quite nice now  Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
well the new birds are settled in quite nice now  Vote_lcapwell the new birds are settled in quite nice now  Voting_barwell the new birds are settled in quite nice now  Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222760 messages in 14003 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
well the new birds are settled in quite nice now  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
well the new birds are settled in quite nice now  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

well the new birds are settled in quite nice now

Go down 
+2
David
sj lofts
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sj lofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
sj lofts

well the new birds are settled in quite nice now  Empty
PostSubject: well the new birds are settled in quite nice now    well the new birds are settled in quite nice now  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 12:21 am

well gt the new nest boxes gt the van reets paired and the feeders so hopfully happy days ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.stafvanreet.com/AboutUs.html
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: well the new birds are settled in quite nice now    well the new birds are settled in quite nice now  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 10:41 am

hi steve, how many pairs of van reets have you got, and how many ybs you breeding...?
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: well the new birds are settled in quite nice now    well the new birds are settled in quite nice now  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 12:58 pm

Go on Steve lad.
What's happened to the Goudies?
What's Jayne said scratch
Back to top Go down
http://kjlofts.yolasite.com/about-our-birds.php
sj lofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
sj lofts

PostSubject: Re: well the new birds are settled in quite nice now    well the new birds are settled in quite nice now  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 1:38 pm

WELL DAVE ONLY GT 4 PRS OV VAN REETS AND 4 PRS OV FEEDERS GONNA TAKE 2 ROUNDS OUT OF THEM FLOAT THE FIRST ROUND LOL AND LET THEM GO BK DOWN STRAIT AWAY PLUS IVE ORDERED 30VAN REET YB,S FROM SCOTLAND WHICH WILL BE READY IN 2 WK IN MARCH AND MY M8 IS BREEDIN ME ANOTHER 6 VAN REETS ALL FROM HIS MULTI WINNERS SO SHUD HAVE OVER 50 YB,S BUT WILL BE LOOKIN TO CULL BACK B4 FIRST RACE ? AS GAZ KNOWS IM VERY SHREWED THAT WAY ALWAYS LOOKIN TO KILL AS I FINK ONLY THE BEST CAN STAY ? ALWAYS WORKED IN PAST SO WE WILL SEE LOL . GAZ SOLD ALL THE GOULDIANS A WHILE AGO . AND JAYNE NOT HAPPY IM STARTIN UP AGAIN BUT SHE WILL BE OK WEN I LET HER BLOW THE WHISTLE LMAO
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: well the new birds are settled in quite nice now    well the new birds are settled in quite nice now  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 1:57 pm

hi steve glad yer breedings going well .....steve why cull before they been tested lol dont get me wrong if their week or ill thats a different matter ,seems daft to cull birds before they have been given chance ,i just wondered what your criteria is for culling birds
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: well the new birds are settled in quite nice now    well the new birds are settled in quite nice now  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 3:58 pm

Steve is more ruthless, than I.
The birds are looked at as athletes and should perform in the baskets accordingly.
Steve's training programme, is like mine. Extremely intense.
They do the equivalent to four races before entering a pannier.
Anything that can't keep the pace, goes.It's that simple.
This was always a topic of discussion when we flew together.
But come next year, every one of those birds that makes it as yearling. Will be there based on it's performance.
Steve's a damn good fancier and his birds will win races, unless Kev's are there first. lol!
Jayne knew,Steve, while the old bird loft still stood there was always a chance that it would be filled with pigeons again lol!
That whistle will be bellowing out FFFFF's lol!
Good luck mate, hope the fresh start goes well
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: well the new birds are settled in quite nice now    well the new birds are settled in quite nice now  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 4:30 pm

Get sum pics up Steve
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: well the new birds are settled in quite nice now    well the new birds are settled in quite nice now  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 5:06 pm

good luck steve for the coming yb season
Back to top Go down
sj lofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
sj lofts

PostSubject: Re: well the new birds are settled in quite nice now    well the new birds are settled in quite nice now  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 5:43 pm

well fanx for coments lads . hope i do well with them but my theory is im very selective as gaz says and maybe that might be wrong but always seems to work for me dont know why but always seem to get a gd percentage of winners or and multi prize winners i was schooled by a very well known top fancier in his own wright he sed to me .every time you go into the yb,s im always lookin to kill andif they give me a reason there gone . ive neverseen any1 kill as qwick in a blink of an eye they be gone . his name was auther mannwaring from acton bridge cheshire he was a very big influence in my early yrs pigeon keepin plus alot of others and then i became his loft manager at 19 yrs old we bred ybs for the likes of frank howard warrington dr riigg wigan even though he wud only have the dark checkers and blues aka barker gitts but thats another story lol the pigeons that i loft manageged forhim were the very succesfull boeykens and vander esp sprint from tom dawson of chesterfield . so i fink had good education lol i won my firstever race at the age of 17 and by 19 yrs old had only bird on day from rennes 13/12 hrs on the wing and now im 46 so its all history from there two many winners for me and other to forget . so this is my theory folks hope it doesnt sound like im a tw-t ? Wink and gaz will do pics wen im sorted the loft and gt this silly camara to install lol anyway look forward to your replys folks
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: well the new birds are settled in quite nice now    well the new birds are settled in quite nice now  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 6:23 pm

thing is steve thats all well and good but the birds that have been culled may well have turned out to be good birds i just feel that they should get the chance in the basket as when the birds culled you will never know lol

i just wondered what the criteria was thats all ...we all do things differently,what works for one may not for another

i had a yb hen i was going to cull last season as she was late training a few times and this little hen went on to win a 200 mile race and turned out in the end to be my best yb and was very consistent in the end
Back to top Go down
sj lofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
sj lofts

PostSubject: Re: well the new birds are settled in quite nice now    well the new birds are settled in quite nice now  EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 9:54 am

ye as you say there wat works for 1 fancier may not for another ? i may of culled alot off winners over yrs but dont like to dwell on wat may have been but just glad of the winners that ive produced for me and others over the yrs but will carry on the way i left in 2002 . 10 yrs on ill see wat happens . as i like to hard train them as yb. atleast 2 50 mile singled up and and 4 doubled up at 60 miles before first race so wats there will have something about them . this way i fink it sorts the wheat from the chaff as they say . hopefully ill have about 54 yb,s to start with i only want 16 cocks for nxt yr so they gnna have to fight for a perch re gaurd less of wat there bred from lol . wen you fink of alot ov fancier who discrimatly breed from anything cause they can always fink this is whypeople have heavy losses because they breed rubbish Smile
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: well the new birds are settled in quite nice now    well the new birds are settled in quite nice now  EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 10:05 am

Bring it on cocker lol!
Better dust off that old cloth cap lol! lol!
Check this out Steve.

Managed to get one out of the old Bullet hen, crossed her with that good blue SVR Cock of Kev's
well the new birds are settled in quite nice now  Baby_bullet_by_gyto-d4nqvar
This is the old Bullet Hen, now at mine.
well the new birds are settled in quite nice now  The_bullet_hen_by_gyto-d4nqv77
Back to top Go down
sj lofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
sj lofts

PostSubject: Re: well the new birds are settled in quite nice now    well the new birds are settled in quite nice now  EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 10:33 am

lol gaz not havin a cap lol lost it m8 gnna have a lot ov work on gettin loft fitted this nxt wk gtta make the new boxes for other sections and pipo boxes for other sections gnna be hectic m8 then new cages with traps on for ets . wen im finished you can come over wid camera and take some pics for me ok and then we can put some on here ok m8 ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: well the new birds are settled in quite nice now    well the new birds are settled in quite nice now  EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 10:53 am

No probs Steve, just give us a shout when ya ready. cheers
Knowing you it won't be long before it's done lol!
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: well the new birds are settled in quite nice now    well the new birds are settled in quite nice now  EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 11:23 am

stewhit wrote:
ye as you say there wat works for 1 fancier may not for another ? i may of culled alot off winners over yrs but dont like to dwell on wat may have been but just glad of the winners that ive produced for me and others over the yrs but will carry on the way i left in 2002 . 10 yrs on ill see wat happens . as i like to hard train them as yb. atleast 2 50 mile singled up and and 4 doubled up at 60 miles before first race so wats there will have something about them . this way i fink it sorts the wheat from the chaff as they say . hopefully ill have about 54 yb,s to start with i only want 16 cocks for nxt yr so they gnna have to fight for a perch re gaurd less of wat there bred from lol . wen you fink of alot ov fancier who discrimatly breed from anything cause they can always fink this is whypeople have heavy losses because they breed rubbish Smile

yes to true many breed from rubbish,i will only breed 28 ybs from 7 pairs .......all the best for the coming season steve
Back to top Go down
sj lofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
sj lofts

PostSubject: Re: well the new birds are settled in quite nice now    well the new birds are settled in quite nice now  EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 12:53 pm

lol old strain ye fink if you can be selective in breedin thats the way to succes m8 . i fink thats why two many fanciers get dishartened because they loose alot but gd pigeons with brains always seem to come gd in the rite hands lol and gaz wish i cud turn the clocks forward a couple ov wks lol and be all done lol Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: well the new birds are settled in quite nice now    well the new birds are settled in quite nice now  EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 1:32 pm

You will get there mate.
Ya can always come and get me if ya want a hand mate, except for Sunday as Jo works all day.
But most days I'm ok up till 4pm
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: well the new birds are settled in quite nice now    well the new birds are settled in quite nice now  EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 11:32 pm

Wish you all the best Steve hope every thing works out for you mate fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: well the new birds are settled in quite nice now    well the new birds are settled in quite nice now  EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 12:06 am

One thing with Steve, Don. The term bucket, sh**e and roses come to mind.
He always comes out smelling of roses. lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: well the new birds are settled in quite nice now    well the new birds are settled in quite nice now  EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 12:31 am

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
sj lofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
sj lofts

PostSubject: Re: well the new birds are settled in quite nice now    well the new birds are settled in quite nice now  EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 5:22 am

now now gaz dont be like haha
Back to top Go down
sj lofts
Hatchling
Hatchling
sj lofts

PostSubject: Re: well the new birds are settled in quite nice now    well the new birds are settled in quite nice now  EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 5:29 am

cheers don hope it goes well lol
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: well the new birds are settled in quite nice now    well the new birds are settled in quite nice now  EmptySat Jan 28, 2012 12:22 pm

You know I'm envious Steve.
Don't worry mate, you will get there in the end. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: well the new birds are settled in quite nice now    well the new birds are settled in quite nice now  Empty

Back to top Go down

well the new birds are settled in quite nice now
Page 1 of 1