Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
THE RPRA BOP Attacks Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 8:51 am

» Good Morning
THE RPRA BOP Attacks Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 6:10 am

» sorting birds out
THE RPRA BOP Attacks Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:33 am

» new rules from Defra
THE RPRA BOP Attacks Emptyby David Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:30 pm

» RPRA Auction ........
THE RPRA BOP Attacks Emptyby David Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:40 pm

» overnight and multiple nights basket
THE RPRA BOP Attacks Emptyby Knackered Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:21 pm

» Loft Location
THE RPRA BOP Attacks Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:43 pm

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
THE RPRA BOP Attacks Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:43 am

» RPRA Auction
THE RPRA BOP Attacks Emptyby David Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:04 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) THE RPRA BOP Attacks 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 57 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 56 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.THE RPRA BOP Attacks Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
THE RPRA BOP Attacks Vote_lcapTHE RPRA BOP Attacks Voting_barTHE RPRA BOP Attacks Vote_rcap 
David
THE RPRA BOP Attacks Vote_lcapTHE RPRA BOP Attacks Voting_barTHE RPRA BOP Attacks Vote_rcap 
Knackered
oldstrain
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221951 messages in 13972 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
THE RPRA BOP Attacks Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
THE RPRA BOP Attacks Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

THE RPRA BOP Attacks

Go down 
+6
oldstrain
showracer
Don Webb
David
seanl
Gaz b
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

THE RPRA BOP Attacks Empty
PostSubject: THE RPRA BOP Attacks   THE RPRA BOP Attacks EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 12:10 pm

Just been having a little wander around the RPRA Website.
It's nice to see the colourful map on their page Hawk Watch and the reported attacks.
http://www.rpra.org/HawkWatch/tabid/229/Default.aspx
I think it's the responsibility of every fancier to report every single attack or near miss attack and totally flood the system with true accounts of BOP attacks, don't leave it for someone else to do.
Then send an email to the RPRA asking what they are going to do about it.
Sooner or later they will have to succumb to the pressure.
I know how frustrating it is watching your birds being attacked and even taken from off the loft.
We are not allowed to take the law into our own hands, as all the forums have their spies and will use our own posts against us.
What we must do is exert pressure on the organisation that is supposed to support us and get them to use our money to take action and support us in this very serious matter, that is threatening the very future of the fancy.
If the RSPB are responsible for breeding these birds, then surely they must be held accountable for the damage they are causing to the fancy as a whole.
If someone was to scale our walls or fences to steal our birds, then we could either defend our our property and our livestock or use the law to defend us.
But there seems to be little or no guidelines as to what we can can legally do about this ever growing problem.

Back to top Go down
http://kjlofts.yolasite.com/about-our-birds.php
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: THE RPRA BOP Attacks   THE RPRA BOP Attacks EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 2:24 pm

Gaz b wrote:
Just been having a little wander around the RPRA Website.
It's nice to see the colourful map on their page Hawk Watch and the reported attacks.
http://www.rpra.org/HawkWatch/tabid/229/Default.aspx
I think it's the responsibility of every fancier to report every single attack or near miss attack and totally flood the system with true accounts of BOP attacks, don't leave it for someone else to do.
Then send an email to the RPRA asking what they are going to do about it.
Sooner or later they will have to succumb to the pressure.
I know how frustrating it is watching your birds being attacked and even taken from off the loft.
We are not allowed to take the law into our own hands, as all the forums have their spies and will use our own posts against us.
What we must do is exert pressure on the organisation that is supposed to support us and get them to use our money to take action and support us in this very serious matter, that is threatening the very future of the fancy.
If the RSPB are responsible for breeding these birds, then surely they must be held accountable for the damage they are causing to the fancy as a whole.
If someone was to scale our walls or fences to steal our birds, then we could either defend our our property and our livestock or use the law to defend us.
But there seems to be little or no guidelines as to what we can can legally do about this ever growing problem.

very good post gary the problem is the fancy as a whole if all the monys raised for charities was put in a fighting fund all unions flying under the same banner we would be a force to be reckoned with but sadly the rpra high archy only seem to want to get their names on the papers for giving our hard cash away
the time for change needs to come quickly other wise the sport we love will be gone the clock is ticking JMT sean
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: THE RPRA BOP Attacks   THE RPRA BOP Attacks EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 3:25 pm

Bang on there Sean, but the trouble the is, the RPRA seem to have the monopoly on everything, meaning everything has to go through the rpra for approval. So basically they have got the fancy the balls, so to speak.
The fancy as a whole, must put all differences aside and push this through.
But everyone needs to get behind it and stand up and be counted.
I've just submitted an application for a petition to No10 Downing Street and am now waiting for it's approval to go ahead and get it it into motion.
But it has to have 100,000 signatures then it theres every chance it could be debated in the House Of Commons.
This will be an e petition so it can be signed online.
If it gets approval, I'll post the link.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: THE RPRA BOP Attacks   THE RPRA BOP Attacks EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 4:27 pm

whilst reading through the homing worl i came across a report and photos of the blackpool show, amoung those photos were higgins with some big madalion around his neck looking as though he was the lord mayor etc, why do these people seem to think they are important ? they go to these snobby dinners at the house of lords etc and think they are someone important scratch this is nothing to do with racing pigeon, this is purely to get their own faces noticed and to get their photos in the pigeon mags etc............

also i noticed there were photos of cheques being presented to charities, yes some of these are worthy causes but whats it the responsibility of the rpra/pigeon fanciers...? in total the amount donated was 41 thousand pounds, this i find a discrace when it is coming from the members or the rpra who have no say in how the money is spent.............charity begins at home i say.
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: THE RPRA BOP Attacks   THE RPRA BOP Attacks EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 4:42 pm

Quite right David, you got in one.
If they spent more money on promoting pigeon racing and the fact that is growing smaller on an annual basis. Than fart arsing around, promoting themselves, maybe the fancy wouldn't be in shit it's in today.
What we should do is get a list of every RPRA delegate and there email addresses and get everyone to email them and tell them how disgusted we are with the whole organisation.
And also to voice our concerns to the powers that be.
That should certainly keep em busy for a while.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: THE RPRA BOP Attacks   THE RPRA BOP Attacks EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 4:46 pm

i would like to know exactly how many people the rpra employs, and if they are all needed...........also would like to know the wages paid to certain employees and what perks of the job they are getting.........
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: THE RPRA BOP Attacks   THE RPRA BOP Attacks EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 4:58 pm

Once upon a time they used to publish a years accounts like most pigeon clubs do.
But nowadays, we are treated like mushrooms lol!
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: THE RPRA BOP Attacks   THE RPRA BOP Attacks EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 5:10 pm

Gaz b wrote:
Bang on there Sean, but the trouble the is, the RPRA seem to have the monopoly on everything, meaning everything has to go through the rpra for approval. So basically they have got the fancy the balls, so to speak.
I've just submitted an application for a petition to No10 Downing Street and am now waiting for it's approval to go ahead and get it it into motion.
But it has to have 100,000 signatures then it theres every chance it could be debated in the House Of Commons.
you do gary and i will drum up support the rpra are employed by the members maybe its time to remove the top table so action can go ahead sean
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: THE RPRA BOP Attacks   THE RPRA BOP Attacks EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 5:32 pm

Good man, as soon as soon as I get confirmation it's been accepted I'll post it up.
Good point they need to be reminded who put them where they are today.
We get nothing from them, except charges.
They have turned our money into a multi million pound business.
When was the last time you saw one of the big men covered in pigeon shit Evil or Very Mad
I don't think half of them have seen inside a loft for over 30 years.
Yet we have the small unions, like our NWHU, they give us rings and bill us later, we get free transfers and they are only a phone call away if we need owt.
That's how it should be.
Mutual trust and mutual respect.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: THE RPRA BOP Attacks   THE RPRA BOP Attacks EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 5:39 pm

whenever i phone the rpra i get some snotty woman who speaks like the queen, dont tell me shes a pigeon fancier................ scratch lol!
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: THE RPRA BOP Attacks   THE RPRA BOP Attacks EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 6:01 pm

I rest my case, she probably aint ever seen a scraper lol!
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: THE RPRA BOP Attacks   THE RPRA BOP Attacks EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 6:12 pm

thats right, so how we supposed to have any trust in their ability regarding all things pigeon..........? its like taking your car to the butcher to service it for you............. Razz
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: THE RPRA BOP Attacks   THE RPRA BOP Attacks EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 6:31 pm

Bang on the button mate. cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: THE RPRA BOP Attacks   THE RPRA BOP Attacks EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 11:42 am

I just got this from the RPRA Website, bur I am not in possession of the RPRA Rule Book. So I cannot put up a list of regional RPRA Councillors or Delegates
But considering the meeting are held in Feb, March, we should get as many letters and emails into them as we possibly can.

The Council of the Royal Pigeon Racing Association is made up of representatives from each of the thirteen regions of the Association. The number of each region's delegates is determined by the membership numbers in that region and currently there are 29 serving councillors including the President and three Vice-Presidents. A list of RPRA Councillors and contact details can be found in the Rule Book under Member Support. The Council meets three times a year, in February, March and October and deals with all aspects of the running of the Association and also the British Homing World, the weekly publication owned by the RPRA.

Got it.

CUMBRIA REGION
L. BLACKLOCK 32 Lonsdale St., Workington, Cumbria CA14 2YD email: leslie.blacklock@btinternet.com 01900 62346
Cumbria, Isle of Man, Scotland
DERBYSHIRE & S. YORKSHIRE REGION
G. B. MEAD 1 Manor Farm Cottages, Clifton Hill, Conisbrough, Doncaster DN12 2AJ 01709 862865
Derbyshire and South Yorkshire email: brianmead53@btinternet.com
DEVON & CORNWALL REGION
T. R. MALLETT Locarno, 51 St Nicholas St., Bodmin, Cornwall PL31 1AF 01208 73016
Devon & Cornwall
EAST MIDLANDS REGION
R. HOLMES Hollies, Rangell Gate, Low Fulney, Spalding, Lincs. PE12 6EW 01775 724354
Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire, Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Suffolk, Norfolk
email: dudley.emregionrpra@talktalk.net
IRISH REGION
Mr & Mrs R. REID Monte-Vista, 131 North Road, Carrickfergus, Co Antrim BT38 7QJ 028 9336 2051
Northern Ireland email: mrandmrsreidrpra@yahoo.co.uk
LONDON REGION
T. WILKES 45 Cawdor Avenue, South Ockendon, Essex RM15 5RF email: BluePied121@aol.com 01708 670153
Hertfordshire, Essex, Greater London, Kent, Sutton & Cheam, Kingston, Croydon, Carshalton, Thornton Heath
NORTH-EAST REGION
D. K. HIGGINS 6 Billingwood Drive, Rawdon, Nr. Leeds LS19 6PZ email: dk.higgins@ntlworld.com 0113 250 4810
Northumberland, Durham, Tyne & Wear, Cleveland, N. Yorks, W. Yorks, East Riding of Yorkshire, N. Lincolnshire, N.E. Lincolnshire.
NORTH-WEST REGION
Mr & Mrs D. K. HIGGINS 6 Billingwood Drive, Rawdon, Nr. Leeds LS19 6PZ email: dk.higgins@ntlworld.com 0113 250 4810
Lancashire and Greater Manchester.
SOUTHERN REGION
Mrs H. MARSH Oakley, Southampton Road, Cadnam, Southampton, Hants SO40 2NF 023 8081 3618
Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Hampshire, Surrey, West Sussex, East Sussex, Isle of Wight.
email: hazelmay.marsh@btinternet.com
SOUTH-WEST REGION
K HAINES 5 Rogers Close, Buckland Dinham, Frome, Somerset, BA11 2QU 01373 467507
Gloucestershire, Bristol, Somerset, Wiltshire, Dorset, Channel Islands email: keith_haines@btopenworld.com
WELSH REGION
Mrs A FOLLOWS 6 Glanlliedi Terrace, Felinfoel, Llanelli, Carmarthenshire SA14 8BB 01554 757251
Powys, Dyfed, West Glamorgan, Mid Glamorgan, South Glamorgan, Gwent email: annfollows1215@aol.co.uk
WESTERN REGION
J. WATERS 500 Woodchurch Road, Prenton, Birkenhead, Wirral, Merseyside CH43 0SF 0151 513 9306
Merseyside, Cheshire, Clwyd, Gwynedd, Shropshire email: regionsec2011@hotmail.co.uk
WEST MIDLANDS REGION
Mrs C. A. COVINGTON 28 Avon Street, Stoke, Coventry CV2 3GL 02476 444200
Staffordshire, West Midlands, Herefordshire, Worcestershire, Warwickshire email: a.covington@talktalk.net

Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: THE RPRA BOP Attacks   THE RPRA BOP Attacks EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 9:39 pm

Gaz b wrote:

Quality Gary i want to be at the top of the list mate you can count me in cheers
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: THE RPRA BOP Attacks   THE RPRA BOP Attacks EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 9:41 pm

David wrote:
whilst reading through the homing worl i came across a report and photos of the blackpool show, amoung those photos were higgins with some big madalion around his neck looking as though he was the lord mayor etc, why do these people seem to think they are important ? they go to these snobby dinners at the house of lords etc and think they are someone important scratch this is nothing to do with racing pigeon, this is purely to get their own faces noticed and to get their photos in the pigeon mags etc............

also i noticed there were photos of cheques being presented to charities, yes some of these are worthy causes but whats it the responsibility of the rpra/pigeon fanciers...? in total the amount donated was 41 thousand pounds, this i find a discrace when it is coming from the members or the rpra who have no say in how the money is spent.............charity begins at home i say.

SPOT ON DAVID cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
showracer
Chipping
Chipping
showracer

PostSubject: Re: THE RPRA BOP Attacks   THE RPRA BOP Attacks EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 10:07 pm

12g will fix that
Back to top Go down
http://www.celerityparkstud.com
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: THE RPRA BOP Attacks   THE RPRA BOP Attacks EmptySun Feb 05, 2012 11:14 pm

Have been doing a bit to get the ball rolling.
I'm just now hoping that the petition gets accepted.
Any ideas or additions, will be gratefully received
http://saveourracingpigeons.yolasite.com/
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: THE RPRA BOP Attacks   THE RPRA BOP Attacks EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 2:26 am

very good gary........i was talking to jack bolitho (cousin jack bhw) on friday and he mentioned that the cuckoo is near non existent now due to hawk and falcon attacks and as you state on the link how do you erase the site of a attack on a bird from a childs mind.these people glorify in what amounts to nothing more than a bloodsport.people who take pleasure in watching web cams of peregines ripping apart birds that are other peoples pets have some sort of serious mental disorder and i for one would love 5 minutes alone with some of these bop lovers to sort their mental state out for them Twisted Evil keep up the good work gary and if i can be of any assistance let me know Wink
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: THE RPRA BOP Attacks   THE RPRA BOP Attacks EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 8:46 am

Thanks for reply Darren, I never thought about the Cuckoo mate.
How hypocritical is our society in real terms.
Fox Hunting, branded as cruel and barbaric. Now Banned.
Hunting with dogs, Banned.
Docking of a terriers tail, outlawed as cruel and barbaric.
I'm not trying to become one of the Anti's here.
But it all sounds like double standards.
I'm on a mission now, my mission is to create awareness about the problem.
It may not do any good, but it won't be for the lack of trying.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: THE RPRA BOP Attacks   THE RPRA BOP Attacks EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 8:49 am

very, very good gary.........this is exactly the type of thing which needs to be done to show the non fancying public what pigeon keeping is all about, it shows how our birds are not just vermin and that they are very well looked after pets.........

i liked the part where you have shown your children involved with the ybs, its always a good ploy to show children looking after their pets......lol, and also the different stages of the ybs life.

it just goes to show how you, a member of the rpra have put this together in such an informative way, and the rpra with all that is available to them have done absolutely NOTHING, they thing stupid, nicely coloured maps in the homing world is going to make some difference...........its time they got their head out of there ar*e and stood up for what they stand for, US THE MEMBERS AND OUR PIGEONS

well done gary, top man
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: THE RPRA BOP Attacks   THE RPRA BOP Attacks EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 9:07 am

Cheers for that David.
All that I have tried to do is explain it in simple terms and try to show the big picture.
As well as making it informative, I have also tried to explain it in an even handed way.
A view from a pigeon fancier, a conservationist, a pet keeper, a parent.
It's still a work in progress, but I am going to try and build on it and get the link posted about a bit.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: THE RPRA BOP Attacks   THE RPRA BOP Attacks EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:34 am

send a copy to the rpra gary and show them how its done lol
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: THE RPRA BOP Attacks   THE RPRA BOP Attacks EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 11:11 am

No doubt it will be brought to their attention mate.
I've a few tricks up my sleeve.
I'm getting my head around this now cheers
Back to top Go down
Alex
Youngbird
Youngbird
Alex

PostSubject: Re: THE RPRA BOP Attacks   THE RPRA BOP Attacks EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 5:38 pm

nice one gary, just what is needed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE RPRA BOP Attacks   THE RPRA BOP Attacks Empty

Back to top Go down

THE RPRA BOP Attacks
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next