Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
RPRA and The British Homing World Emptyby David Today at 9:16 pm

» Good Morning
RPRA and The British Homing World Emptyby David Today at 2:48 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
RPRA and The British Homing World Emptyby David Today at 1:35 pm

» APHA Forms .......
RPRA and The British Homing World Emptyby David Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am

» come join us
RPRA and The British Homing World Emptyby David Thu May 16, 2024 10:21 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
RPRA and The British Homing World Emptyby David Tue May 14, 2024 8:20 pm

» RPRA Partnerships
RPRA and The British Homing World Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
RPRA and The British Homing World Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
RPRA and The British Homing World Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) RPRA and The British Homing World 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 28 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 28 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.RPRA and The British Homing World Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
RPRA and The British Homing World Vote_lcapRPRA and The British Homing World Voting_barRPRA and The British Homing World Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
RPRA and The British Homing World Vote_lcapRPRA and The British Homing World Voting_barRPRA and The British Homing World Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1298 registered users
The newest registered user is Marcdvc11

Our users have posted a total of 222884 messages in 14007 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
RPRA and The British Homing World Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
RPRA and The British Homing World Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

RPRA and The British Homing World

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

RPRA and The British Homing World Empty
PostSubject: RPRA and The British Homing World   RPRA and The British Homing World EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 2:15 pm

TBH honest guys, I'm disgusted, in fact I'm furious.
I don't care what they say, we are on our own.
I'll be fooked, if I will be taken in by their flannel again.
Bollocks to them and all the things I was told, well to be honest it was bullshit.
Now, we need to get our own action plan together.
From my point of view, I tell them nothing from now on and everything we do is our action.
Fanciers fighting for Fanciers.
So where do we go from here?
It's quite simple, we first form a committee and from this committee we are going to need some area coordinators.
We are now going to have set some clear goals and objectives.
I am going to set up another page on our website to highlight bop attacks
This is going to be given my full attention.
No names or addresses are going to published, but for obvious reasons, we will need your names and addresses for our files.
This is going to also include photographs as and when they become available.
When the time comes we will raise our own funds.
It's quite clear what they think of our action.
Come on guys, lets show them how it's done.
Back to top Go down
http://kjlofts.yolasite.com/about-our-birds.php
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: RPRA and The British Homing World   RPRA and The British Homing World EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 4:27 pm

whats happened gary.....?
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: RPRA and The British Homing World   RPRA and The British Homing World EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 4:52 pm

Nothing mate, thats just it.
Reading the drivvle in the BHW today has just riled me mate.
What a load of tosh.
Not even a mention of our action.
Now it comes down to money once again.
Welcome to the new product, RPRA vaseline, we are going to get shafted again.
Its only a pound each so it won't be that painful even if the action fails.
Why bring in outside people that will cost an arm and a leg, why not use the fancy themselves and get good value for money.
We have printers, graphic designers, Pr people, photographers, Banner makers, couriers, haulage contractors.
Why not involve the fancy itself and pay them, we would get everything at a reduced rate and it will be giving the fanciers some of the money back as well as giving them some much needed work.
Do I have to draw them a diagram and a plan of action.
Back to top Go down
lvlasked
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: RPRA and The British Homing World   RPRA and The British Homing World EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 5:15 pm

told you gaz we shud of started this from the beginning i new they wudnt do nothing and i only been racing for less then a year
Back to top Go down
http://cing.co.uk/
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: RPRA and The British Homing World   RPRA and The British Homing World EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 5:25 pm

I have to hold my hands up and say I've been duped as they say.
I tell them nowt now, maybe the got all the info they need, hell if they played their cards right I might have even done the power point presentation for them Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: RPRA and The British Homing World   RPRA and The British Homing World EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 5:30 pm

i havnt got the homing world gary, ive looked throught the racing pigeon and theres nothing mentioned about the petition...........i think it needs to be looked into to see if there are conflicts of interest with the rpra EMPLOYEES, ie the new manager mr waldrop and his helpers/associates as this seems maybe why they never want to get involved to oppose the rspb.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: RPRA and The British Homing World   RPRA and The British Homing World EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 9:26 pm

is this another smoke screen gary, trying to make the fanciers think they are trying to do something eventually...? if it was me i would distance myself from the rpra and let it be knowm they are not involved in our petition and fight against the rspb etc............they have ahd 4 weeks to come out and support us. and havnt even bothered to mention it.
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: RPRA and The British Homing World   RPRA and The British Homing World EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 11:10 pm

I thought maybe I was the smoke screen mate, but it feels like that I was pumped for information and more or less promised the earth. Well fuk em, I don't want owt to do with em.
As usual their full of shit.
It goes to show how much they are in support of it, they haven't even signed the petition.
Maybe their action was forced by our action.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: RPRA and The British Homing World   RPRA and The British Homing World EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 8:09 am

lets see how their plans go, maybe this has been forced upon them as you say..........in a couple of months time lets see where they are and if they are still talking the talk eh.

at least if nothing else your petition might show the rpra up once and for all for what hey are............
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: RPRA and The British Homing World   RPRA and The British Homing World EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 2:43 pm

It's just made me more determined than ever.
But I think the time has come to get everything more organised.
Set some clear goals and objectives, organise a committee and get more fanciers onboard and turn into a more organised campaign.
I've changed the name to the PFA, pigeon fanciers action and the SAVE OUR SPORT campaign.
Lets show them what the fanciers can do.
I have also made a new page for hawk attacks so we can get fanciers to report attacks to us, no names or addresses are going to published, just attack location and outcome, I am also urging fanciers to take photographs of killed and injured birds, so we can have a page with more impact.
http://saveourracingpigeons.yolasite.com/hawk-attacks-2012.php
what do you think.

Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: RPRA and The British Homing World   RPRA and The British Homing World EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 2:52 pm

excellent gary, fk the rpra.............direct oposition to there meaningless campaign might mean they will be creeping back to you for help/advise.
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: RPRA and The British Homing World   RPRA and The British Homing World EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 3:03 pm

I sincerely hope they do mate.
At least that way, we will make sure the fanciers themselves call the shots.
Instead of people that we do not know, surmising what we think.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: RPRA and The British Homing World   RPRA and The British Homing World EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 2:37 pm

well we will have to wait and see what comes of the comments in this weeks bhw but i for one wont be holding my breath ........i just hope its not all talk and i cant understand why 100 % of the blackpool dosh aint be thrown at the campaign surely this would have given more clout to the proposed action
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: RPRA and The British Homing World   RPRA and The British Homing World EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 2:46 pm

I won't allow them to pacify me again.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: RPRA and The British Homing World   RPRA and The British Homing World EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 3:02 pm

oldstrain wrote:
well we will have to wait and see what comes of the comments in this weeks bhw but i for one wont be holding my breath ........i just hope its not all talk and i cant understand why 100 % of the blackpool dosh aint be thrown at the campaign surely this would have given more clout to the proposed action

yes i agree darren, lets wait and see if they update any progress being made or if its just brushed over and forgotten about after a few months......
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: rpra andthe british homing world   RPRA and The British Homing World EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 3:07 pm

whatever they do it will be done in secret
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: RPRA and The British Homing World   RPRA and The British Homing World EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 3:13 pm

As they say time will tell.

Meanwhile somewhere in the real world, these are some avenues I will be exploring and maybe will help to take this action forward.

The next course of action I think should be at the top of list is:
Forget all other the other species of Raptors for the present time and focus on which I do believe is going to be a priority.
That is The Sparrowhawk attacking our birds on our lofts and within our gardens and loft vicinity.
The way we have to do this is simple.

WE HAVE TO PROVIDE STRONG EVIDENCE THAT THERE IS A HUGE POPULATION OF URBAN SPARROWHAWKS IN OUR INDIVIDUAL AREAS OF THE COUNTRY AND THE IMPACT THAT THIS PREDATION IS HAVING ON OUR RACING PIGEON AS A WHOLE.

WE HAVE TO HAVE A CLEAR AND CONCISE NUMBERS OF THESE PREDATION LOSSES, REPORTS AS WELL AS PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE.

TRY TO INVOLVE GROUPS LIKE THE BTO AND OTHER VOLUNTARY RINGING GROUPS TO ENGAGE WITH US AND WORKING WITHIN THE VICINITY OF PIGEON LOFTS WERE PREDATION IS HIGH.

A REVIEW OF TRAPPING LICENCES TO ABLE BOTH GROUPS TO ENGAGE IN THIS ACTIVITY.

WE NEED THIS TO BE ABLE TO GET A GOOD FIGURE COUNT OF THESE BIRD NUMBERS. WE NEED TO PROVIDE EVIDENCE OF SPARROWHAWK NESTING SAMPLES - BROOD SURVEYS ETC.

WE NEED TO MAP OUT TERRITORIES OF THE SPARROWHAWK AS THESE ARE VERY IMPORTANT TO PROVING THAT THERE IS IN FACT AN OVERPOPULATION OF THE SPECIES. THE NATIONAL FIGURE OF THESE TERRITORIES ARE BETWEEN HALF A KM
TO TWO KM PER PAIR DEPENDING ON FOOD AVAILABILITY. SMALL TERRITORIES CONTAINING HIGH SATURATION NUMBERS WOULD ALSO REINFORCE OUR CLAIMS.

THIS RESEARCH OF TRAP RELEASE RINGING WOULD ENABLE US TO HAVE THIS RESEARCH PEER REVIEWED TO HAVE IT BECOME ADMISSIBLE.

THIS SORT OF RESEARCH WOULD ALSO CAUSE SOME SLIGHT DISRUPTION TO THE SPECIES WHICH OFFER SOME RELIEF IN THE SHORT TERM UNTIL SOME LONG TERM OBJECTIVES COULD BE CLEARLY PROPOSED.

BECAUSE ALL OF THIS RESEARCH WOULD BE CARRIED BY JOINT VOLUNTARY GROUPS, THEIR WOULD BE NO HIGH COSTS INVOLVED LIKE IN PREVIOUS STUDIES. MAYBE GRANTS COULD BE APPLIED FOR FOR THE COSTS OF THE TRAPPING LICENCES AND TRAPS, RINGING EQUIPMENT ETC
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RPRA and The British Homing World   RPRA and The British Homing World Empty

Back to top Go down

RPRA and The British Homing World
Page 1 of 1