Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» new hen for speed
Looking forward to reading all your posts. Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 4:05 pm

» Weather today
Looking forward to reading all your posts. Emptyby oldstrain Today at 4:00 pm

» Good Morning
Looking forward to reading all your posts. Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 10:21 am

» sorting birds out
Looking forward to reading all your posts. Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:33 am

» new rules from Defra
Looking forward to reading all your posts. Emptyby David Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:30 pm

» RPRA Auction ........
Looking forward to reading all your posts. Emptyby David Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:40 pm

» overnight and multiple nights basket
Looking forward to reading all your posts. Emptyby Knackered Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:21 pm

» Loft Location
Looking forward to reading all your posts. Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:43 pm

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
Looking forward to reading all your posts. Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:43 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Looking forward to reading all your posts. 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 68 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 68 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Looking forward to reading all your posts. Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Looking forward to reading all your posts. Vote_lcapLooking forward to reading all your posts. Voting_barLooking forward to reading all your posts. Vote_rcap 
David
Looking forward to reading all your posts. Vote_lcapLooking forward to reading all your posts. Voting_barLooking forward to reading all your posts. Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
Knackered
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221956 messages in 13973 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Looking forward to reading all your posts. Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Looking forward to reading all your posts. Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Looking forward to reading all your posts.

Go down 
+7
Grizzle cock
peel bros
Don Webb
littlehen
IANYOUNG
David
Julie
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Julie
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

Looking forward to reading all your posts. Empty
PostSubject: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 7:39 pm

I am still very much and probably alwways will be a novice. I just keeping my pigeons for the delight of seeing them fly and then return each day. I wish I had started years ago and then I would have loved to get into the racing side.

I look forward to reading all your post and wish you all good luck for the racing season.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. EmptyThu Apr 23, 2009 8:38 pm

thanks julie, im not racing this year but hope to next year with ybs.......at the moment im just learning about them again and enjoying them.(did race many years ago)
a cat killed one of my birds last week and i didnt realise how much it would upset me loosing one until i did, now im trying my best to make sure it never happens again.....
Back to top Go down
Julie
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. EmptyTue May 05, 2009 8:20 pm

Hi David

Sorry to hear about the cat getting one of your pigeons.

I was on the allotment a couple of weeks ago and a hawk came from nowhere and swiped on of my allotment neighbours ybs.

My second two ybs are now flying onto the shed roof, so they won't be long before they are flying out.

Just two more to hatch this week and that is me done. I will have a total of 10 birds then and will have to stop there or buy a bigger shed LOl.
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. EmptyTue May 05, 2009 9:39 pm

hi julie thats how we all start with a few birds but then you get the bug , and you end up like me ive got 130 birds
Back to top Go down
littlehen
Hatchling
Hatchling
littlehen

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. EmptyTue May 05, 2009 11:35 pm

you are right there iany,the numbers creep up on you and before you know it youve a loft full. affraid
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. EmptyFri May 08, 2009 11:13 pm

Hi Julie

Hope you like the site but just be careful the amount you have as it can be hard work and cost a lot of money but must say it's a great sport
Back to top Go down
Julie
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. EmptySat May 09, 2009 7:04 pm

Hi everyone

I have only had the pigeons since last August when we took our new allotment on, started with 4 and have had ybs this year.

2 more hatched this week so I now have 10 altogether.

There are about 4 pigeon fanciers at the allotments and I have always wanted some pigeons. One of them set me up with my first 4.

I have been invited to join the club and race but I don't know enough about it all and I am happy with letting my pigeons fly each day and watching them come back.

If I was younger, then I may have considered it.

I am being very, very strict with myself and have already swapped fertile eggs for heavy plastic ones.
I must stop at 10 or I will need a Loft LOL, I only have a 6ft x 4 ft shed that is wired off across the front, so I can leave both doors open during the day.

I will carry on reading all your posts and reading up on your race days LOL
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. EmptySat May 09, 2009 7:24 pm

hi julie enjoyed reading your post, i only started with 6 biirds last year and have 6 08 birds bred off them....that gives me 12 birds and this year i have 8 09 ybs for myself although i did breed some for other people.
im hoping to start racing again next season after not racing for 20 years and am really looking forward to it....dont be telling yourself you are too old (ill bet you are younger than me Wink ) you would really enjoy it and so would your husband if you gave it a try....there are quite a few lady fanciers and you already know amanda (dk/ch) who is very nice and she and all our members would be only too pleased to give you help and advise im sure....

its good to see you enjoying them, and the longer you have them the more you will learn about them....

keep us up to date with them and its great to see you getting involves in the topics.

julie even though i raced years ago i would class myself as a novice so im always eager to read and listen to our members so dont be shy about asking advise or getting involved with the topics as we all like to read about other fanciers birds and their lofts... sunny
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. EmptySun May 24, 2009 3:20 pm

yes we are all here to help just ask
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. EmptySun May 24, 2009 3:40 pm

always welcome new pigeon fanciers not enough coming in sport do anything to help the sport
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. EmptySun May 24, 2009 11:00 pm

Hi Julie

Welcome to this fantastic sport, the only thing i would say to you enjoy the birds and if you think you would like to start racing then give it a try

Just think you bred a pigeon from an egg and let it grow train it and then you race it and on that saturday you see that pigeon racing to you the feeling is magic win or lose

Julie if there is anything you need to know then just post it on here and some one will give you the advice you need to know

All the best hope too hear from you more good luck Don
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. EmptySun May 24, 2009 11:15 pm

yes julie, look forward to hearing from you again and how your birds are doing......like members say they are only too happy to help with any advise you might need, im hoping to race next season and without all the help and encouragement members have given me i wouldnt be able to... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. EmptyWed May 27, 2009 6:34 pm

nice to know how members are getting on with there birds
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. EmptyWed May 27, 2009 8:47 pm

checked on some ybs which i thought had hatched on friday and only one has hatched...gutted. when they were chipping out i noticed the cock had an egg stuck to his keel so i carefully took it off him and saw the chick was still alive and chipping out ok. when i have had a look at the egg that didnt hatch the yb was nearly out and had chipped all the way round the egg but just didnt make it the rest of the way, if i had only checked i could have helped it out the rest of the way... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. EmptyWed May 27, 2009 10:00 pm

never mind david cant go back in time sometimes i wish we could
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. EmptyWed May 27, 2009 10:36 pm

lol....its a thing thats always interetsed me ian...what would you do if you could... affraid
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. EmptyThu May 28, 2009 5:55 pm

i would be rich
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. EmptyFri May 29, 2009 1:21 am

I think if we could go back in time everyone would
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. EmptyFri May 29, 2009 1:28 am

i wish i could go back and get some of my old pigeons that raced well for us.....its funny i can still remember the ring number of the very first pigeon i got, it was a gb74x ring and that was about 33 years ago as he was about two year old when i got him.....the ring was pink and very similar the the 09 ring now. Smile
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. EmptyFri May 29, 2009 1:51 am

My first pigeon winner was a Red Cock GB 80T38639 he won as a young bird 1st prize fron Weymouth and that was the only prize he won

But he was the first and after that he had cotton wool round him

I can still remember seeing him drop on the roof same place everytime look at the loft and come down
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. EmptyFri May 29, 2009 7:10 am

yes you look at them in different light when they do something
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. EmptySat May 30, 2009 12:17 am

Yes that was when me and my dad had just started it has all changed now days
Back to top Go down
Julie
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. EmptySat May 30, 2009 10:14 am

Hi everyone

It is great to read all your posts. The last 2 ybs that hatched didn't make it. I have no idea why as all the others are doing really well. So I have ended up with 7 now.They fly well together and it is a great joy to watch them. There has been more eggs laid but I have taken them away and replace with fake eggs.

I keep in tough with the other fanciers on the allotment to get updates on their racing. I love to watch their pigeons flying too.

Hope you and your birds are all well.

Julie
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. EmptySat May 30, 2009 2:09 pm

hi julie, good to see you on.....i had one the other week that was chipping out but didnt make it, but we just have to accept it i suppose. Crying or Very sad good to hear your ybs are flying arround your loft ok, thay will soon start ranging maybe......how many pigeons do you have now then ?

i kept my birds in a lot when they were feeding because i feed in the nest box and have food available at all times, so this meant that i couldnt get the parents back in the loft as they were not hungry......it made me a bit disheartened by not watching them flying around the loft but when i started to let them out again it was great to see them circling around my loft and flying all over the sky, i think that gives me the most enjoyement with them at the moment until i start racing.....did you manage to get any photos of your birds yet julie ? would like to see them if you have.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. EmptySat May 30, 2009 6:43 pm

glad to see your enjoying your pigeons julie thats the main thing ,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking forward to reading all your posts.   Looking forward to reading all your posts. Empty

Back to top Go down

Looking forward to reading all your posts.
Page 1 of 16Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 16  Next