Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  UK Pigeon SalesUK Pigeon Sales  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
by David Today at 9:28 am

» Syndicate progress, plans.
by David Today at 9:19 am

» Club meeting today
by Knackered Today at 3:31 am

» Mr Potters pigeon
by markevans Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Young Cocks Now Open for Voting.
by Skywalker Yesterday at 7:29 pm

» Pigeon photographer
by fieldwalker Yesterday at 6:47 pm

» Another New Member to the Syndicate...
by Knackered Yesterday at 3:21 am

» Bitcoin. Crazy world !!!.
by Knackered Yesterday at 2:39 am

» Old Hens Tie for 1st Place.
by David Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:18 pm

Forum Syndicate
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
Who is online?
In total there are 23 users online :: 5 Registered, 0 Hidden and 18 Guests :: 2 Bots

blueskylofts, David, fieldwalker, kremesloft, Skywalker

Most users ever online was 144 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:37 am
Bucktons 2017 Calendar
Pigeon World Forum, Fancier of the Year Trophy.
Top posting users this week
David

Knackered

markevans

halcanada

fieldwalker

Lofty

mufc rick

redrog

peel bros

oldstrain

Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1105 registered users
The newest registered user is Tipplerman1

Our users have posted a total of 157855 messages in 10496 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
John Gibbs young pied/grizzle winner.
Top posters
David

Don Webb

IANYOUNG

oldstrain

peel bros

Gaz b

Knackered

birdy2011

Rene A

Alex

Share | 

three biggest enemies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: three biggest enemies   Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:06 pm

THE THREE BIGGEST ENEMIES AND DISEASES ARE

WORMS (TAPE WORM, ROUND, HOOK, THREAD AND HAIRWORMS.

TRICHOMONIASIS (CANKER) CAN BE SEEN AS YELLOW MARKS IN THE THROAT AND MOUTH

COCCIDIOSIS (ALSO KNOWN AS GOING LIGHT), SYMPTOMS THE BIRDS LOSE WEIGHT AND DO NOT WANT TO FLY.

TREATMENT AND PREVENTATIVE:

TAPE WORM

I ONLY TREAT MY BIRDS ONCE A YEAR AGAINST THEM, SIX WEEKS BEFORE THE RACING SEASON WITH A QUARTER DICESTAL TABLET PER BIRD IN THE FOLLOWING MANNER: THE NIGHT BEFORE I ONLY FEED LIGHT AND AFTER THEY HAVE DRANK TAKE THE WATER AWAY.THE FOLLOWING MORNING AT 11AM I GIVE THEM A QUARTER DICESTAL TABLET DOWN THROAT, DO NOT GIVE FOOD THEY ONLY GET CLEAN WATER (THEY THROW THE TABLET UP IF YOU GIVE THEM FOOD) TAKE THE WATER AWAY AGAIN THAT NIGHT.GIVE THEM THE FOLLOW ING PREPARED WATER THE NEXT MORNING.TAKE ONE TABLESPOON EPSON SALT WITH A QUARTER TEASPOON TABLE SALT,BOIL THE MIXTURE FOR 20 MINUTES IN1/2 WATER,ADD 1CUP BROWN SUGAR AND BOIL FOR A FUTHER 3 MINUTES,PUT THE ABOVE MIXTURE WITH 4 LITRES OF CLEAN WATER AND GIVE IT TO YOUR BIRDS AND FEED THEM PLAIN FOOD.THE WATER MUST BE LEFT IN TILL 1PM AND REPLACED WITH CLEAN WATER.YOUR LOFT WILL BE IN A STATE.ALL THE TAPEWORMS AND EXCESS INNER FAT WILL BE SOMETHING OF THE PAST.IN APPROXIMATLLY 10 DAYS YOUR BIRDS WILL BE TRAINING AS IF THERE IS NOTHING BETTER IN THE WORLD.

ROUND, HOOK, THREAD, HAIRWORMS

I TREAT THE ABOVE EVERY SIX WEEKS BUT NOT FOR TWO WEEKS BEFORE OR AFTER THE DICESTAL TREATMENT. I USE L-SPARTAKON OR MEDIWORM BECAUSE THEY TREAT ALL FOUR TIPES OF WORMS, PLEASE NOTE: I SAY TREAT NOT CURE, THERE IS NO CURE FOR ANY WORMS. JUST BEFORE THE RACE SEASON BEGINS I TREAT WITH THE ABOVE ONLY ONCE IN THE WHOLE SEASON, THEREAFTER I TREAT WITH THE FOLLOWING: PREDAZINE, RID OR ANTEPAR A WHOLE BOTTLE IN FOUR LITRES OF WATER, ONE OF THE ABOVE IS USED EVERY SIX WEEKS, THERE AFTER EVERY TWO WEEKS AS IT TAKES THE WORM EGGS 14 DAYS TO DEVELOP. ALL OF THE ABOVE THREE ARE VERY LIGHT ON THE BIRDS AND DO NOT HARM THEM, IT ONLY DOES THE BIRDS GOOD.

CANKER

THIS DISEASE IS ALWAYS PRESENT IN THE BIRDS AND ONLY COMES TO LIGHT WHEN THE BIRD IS SICK OR UNDER A LOT OF STRAIN. THEN IT IS VERY DANGEROUS AS IT EFECTS THE BREATHING OF THE BIRD AND NO PIGEON CAN WIN WITH BAD BREATHING (CAN YOU RUN IF YOUR NOSE IS BLOCKED). I BELIEVE IN A SHOCK TREATMENT AS THERE IS NO CURE AND RACING PIGEONS ALWAYS HAVE CANKER EVEN IF NOT SEEN. I USE EMTRYL TO PREVENT. ONE TEASPOON IN FOUR LITRES OF WATER EVERY 3 TO 4 WEEKS FOR ONE WHOLE DAY. THE FOLLOWING DAY I GIVE THEM ANY GOOD MULTIVITAMIN. FOR THE SHOCK TREATMENT I USE TRICOCINE OR EMTRYL DOUBLE STRENTH FOR 3 DAYS.

COCCIDIOSIS

IT IS ALSO KNOWN AS GOING LIGHT AND THRIFES IN DAMP & RAIN. IN DIRTY LOFTS IT ALSO COMES IN BAD FOOD. I USE FOUR DIFFERENT REMEDIES SOMETIMES I MIX ALL FOUR TO SHOCK THE PIGEON ESPECIALLY WHEN I THINK THE BIRD HAS GOT E-COLI. TO PREVENT THE DESEASE, I USE THE MEDICINES IN A DIFFERENT ORDER TO TRY AND STOP THE BIRDS FROM BECOMING IMMUNE TO ONE CERTAIN MEDICINE, I USE ONE TEASPOON, FURASOL, E.S.B3, CHLORTETRACYLINE OR TERRAMYCIN TO FOUR LITRES OF WATER.THE FOLLOWING DAY I USE A MULTI-VITAMIN AGAIN.THE ABOVE ARE ALL NATURAL ANTIBIOTICS AND ARE ALL VERY GOOD.

IF YOU USE THE ABOVE AS A BASIC PROGRAM YOU WILL PREFORM WELL, AND THE MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL KEEP YOUR BIRDS HEALTHY

AS FAR AS FOOD GOES WE USE A HI PROTEIN MIXTURE. WHEN WE RACE SHORT DISTANCE RACES, WE MIX 20% BARLEY, BUT AS SOON AS WE HIT 400KM WE REPLACE THE BARLEY WITH MIELIES. I CANNOT MIX THE FOOD ANY BETER THAN SCIENTISTS WHO DEVELOPED IT. DO NOT OVER FEED YOUR BIRDS. WHEN THE BIRDS RETURN FROM A RACE THEY GET A GOOD DEPURATIVE. SUNDAYS THEY ONLY GET BARLEY, THERE IS NO BETTER PURGE.

FOR GENERAL HEALTH, ONCE A WEEK, WE GIVE ALL OUR BIRDS MYCOSAN-T 1 PACKET TO 5 LITRES. WE ALSO TREAT FROM TIME TO TIME WITH VIRKON – S FOR ONE DAY. 1 TEASPOON TO 10 LITRES

Last edited by ian on Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
friendsloft
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: three biggest enemies   Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:11 pm

Very good information Ian good sound advise
Ken
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.freewebs.com/friendsloft/index.htm
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: three biggest enemies   Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:15 pm

another very good post ian
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lightning
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: three biggest enemies   Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:20 pm

you been busy Ian, well done mate - Good post

We used to use a good product called PLG but now just use Cider Vinegar (cheap as well) and keeps a lot of the nasties away Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: three biggest enemies   Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:24 pm

YES GREAT BELEIVER IN CIDER VINEGAR I USE IT ONCE A WEEK EVERY TUESDAY
Back to top Go down
View user profile
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: three biggest enemies   Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:32 pm

i remember using plg it was expensive at the time,then i started to use cider vinigar everyday,just a little amount and had no problems with my young birds at all.i stopped using it everyday because i heard it was no good for them when racing.i think i might go back to it or carlic vinigar i once used but you cannot get it now i do,nt think cherry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: three biggest enemies   Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:40 pm

just make your own ray
Back to top Go down
View user profile
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: three biggest enemies   Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:55 pm

ordered a bottle, then after i read up about it cancelled it and ordered 2 1 for me aswell lol, 80% cider vinegar 20% honey
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: three biggest enemies   Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:50 pm

steve1952 wrote:
ordered a bottle, then after i read up about it cancelled it and ordered 2 1 for me aswell lol, 80% cider vinegar 20% honey

sounds the same stuff as i have called honeygar steve, bought it from holland and barratts health shop and its a mixture of cider vinegar and honey....think it was about £3.75 a bottle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: three biggest enemies   Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:09 pm

david did you read the starting topic what do you think
Back to top Go down
View user profile
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: three biggest enemies   Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:11 pm

thats it David honeygar
Back to top Go down
View user profile
David
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: three biggest enemies   Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:32 pm

ian wrote:
david did you read the starting topic what do you think
yes ian, read it, very good info for us to use as a check list for pre season preventatives and during racing......like the mixture which is made up to put in the water, might have a go at making some. lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
dark_chequer
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: three biggest enemies   Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:33 am

Im must admit ive copied it put it in my documents and then printed it aswel and put in my info folder. So well done Ian.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: three biggest enemies   Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:30 pm

treatments ,treatments, treatments and more treatments ,do you not think we panic and use to many.i took my birds last year to get checked out and he said nothing wrong with them at all and i had never treat them before hand,i just thought there was something wrong as they where not racing as they should have been.it was probably the pigeons and me but they have all gone so starting afresh bom
Back to top Go down
View user profile
phil411
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: three biggest enemies   Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:02 pm

treatments there r that many out there never know what to u use but ive had most me birds tested there was 4 more to do and there is one cock that as been sound then today wetdropping so locked him up dropping getting tested asap
Back to top Go down
View user profile
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: three biggest enemies   Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:05 pm

do not panic phill chance to be nothing,i get the odd bird like that then the next day they are ok Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
phil411
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: three biggest enemies   Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:43 pm

yea ray that how it seems to be i was putting it down to wether and then woundering if it the cider vinger as i give them 10ml to 2lts of water so was just woundering it it could be that ....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird

PostSubject: Re: three biggest enemies   Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:31 pm

should,nt be that,what corn are you feeding them,you could be giving them to much barley if you are feeding them that cherry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: three biggest enemies   

Back to top Go down

three biggest enemies
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1