Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
nest felts best buy what you think Emptyby barnie Today at 7:58 pm

» new hen for speed
nest felts best buy what you think Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 6:51 pm

» Good Morning
nest felts best buy what you think Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 10:21 am

» sorting birds out
nest felts best buy what you think Emptyby David Yesterday at 11:33 am

» new rules from Defra
nest felts best buy what you think Emptyby David Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:30 pm

» RPRA Auction ........
nest felts best buy what you think Emptyby David Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:40 pm

» overnight and multiple nights basket
nest felts best buy what you think Emptyby Knackered Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:21 pm

» Loft Location
nest felts best buy what you think Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:43 pm

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
nest felts best buy what you think Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:43 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) nest felts best buy what you think 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 91 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 89 Guests :: 2 Bots

barnie, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.nest felts best buy what you think Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
nest felts best buy what you think Vote_lcapnest felts best buy what you think Voting_barnest felts best buy what you think Vote_rcap 
David
nest felts best buy what you think Vote_lcapnest felts best buy what you think Voting_barnest felts best buy what you think Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
barnie
Knackered
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221961 messages in 13973 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
nest felts best buy what you think Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
nest felts best buy what you think Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

nest felts best buy what you think

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

nest felts best buy what you think Empty
PostSubject: nest felts best buy what you think   nest felts best buy what you think EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 3:17 pm

whats cheapest place for nest felts i wasent going to get this year but changed my mind and will get some now
Back to top Go down
dark_chequer
Hatchling
Hatchling
dark_chequer

PostSubject: Re: nest felts best buy what you think   nest felts best buy what you think EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 8:17 pm

Have you trien wwwtaylorschoice.co.uk i got a load from the a while ago. I thought the prices were good i also got tobacco stalks from them.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: nest felts best buy what you think   nest felts best buy what you think EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 9:49 pm

dont want to seem stupid but what is the main reason for using nest felts ? is it for ease of cleaning out or to hold warmth ? Embarassed
Back to top Go down
dark_chequer
Hatchling
Hatchling
dark_chequer

PostSubject: Re: nest felts best buy what you think   nest felts best buy what you think EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 10:13 pm

DAVID wrote:
dont want to seem stupid but what is the main reason for using nest felts ? is it for ease of cleaning out or to hold warmth ? Embarassed

I say for warmth, as the temps can drop quite quickly. It also helps stop the eggs getting smashed.

What do others think?
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: nest felts best buy what you think   nest felts best buy what you think EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 10:19 pm

i bought 28 old type pot nest bowls the other week for £10 from a fancier who was giving up, im going to use these rather than the resin type i have because i think theyll be warmer, plus ill wrap them in newspaper for added warmth........got a bag of the horse bedding from crowthers for £6 so ill give it a try this season instead of straw. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: nest felts best buy what you think   nest felts best buy what you think EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 10:20 pm

yes stop eggs from being smashed and looks getter for the birds
nests
and if the birds don;t like them would make nice ear muffs for this cold weather nest felts best buy what you think Icon_queen nest felts best buy what you think Icon_queen
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: nest felts best buy what you think   nest felts best buy what you think EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 10:26 pm

stormqueen wrote:
yes stop eggs from being smashed and looks getter for the birds
nests
and if the birds don;t like them would make nice ear muffs for this cold weather nest felts best buy what you think Icon_queen nest felts best buy what you think Icon_queen

could do with earmuffs her john, freezing in the morning when i go down to loft.......
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: nest felts best buy what you think   nest felts best buy what you think EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 10:30 pm

same here not weather for a tree to be out nest felts best buy what you think Icon_lol nest felts best buy what you think Icon_lol nest felts best buy what you think Icon_queen nest felts best buy what you think Icon_queen
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: nest felts best buy what you think   nest felts best buy what you think EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 10:38 pm

doesnt seem to be easing up with the cold here altho snow is clearing slowly.......its icey cold and stood watching the pigeons out is a nightmare.... confused
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: nest felts best buy what you think   nest felts best buy what you think EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 10:48 pm

i known david and it looks like we are in for more snow this week
be watching our birds going out in the morning just for 10 or
15 minuets just long enough to get a section cleaned at a time
thy are in like a bat out of hell nest felts best buy what you think Icon_queen nest felts best buy what you think Icon_queen
Back to top Go down
dark_chequer
Hatchling
Hatchling
dark_chequer

PostSubject: Re: nest felts best buy what you think   nest felts best buy what you think EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 10:50 pm

Its suppose to be a bit better this week ....well untill Thursday when we are due to have Heavey snow showers........ Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: nest felts best buy what you think   nest felts best buy what you think EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 10:52 pm

had trouble getting my hens back in loft over last couple of days, think its because before i let them out i have to catch and basket 5 which are not settled so it unsettles the others......plus they havnt been out over the last couple of months so are a bit unsettled, this is the first year ive kept them in during winter and i think its done more harm than good so ill let them out next year like i usually do.
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: nest felts best buy what you think   nest felts best buy what you think EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 10:54 pm

just seen weather forcast on tv and says snow in midlands and wales...........and cold and icey every where else. cat
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: nest felts best buy what you think   nest felts best buy what you think EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 10:56 pm

oooooooooooo no we are going away for two days the just the back of new year hope thy keep the main roads open
nest felts best buy what you think Icon_queen nest felts best buy what you think Icon_queen
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: nest felts best buy what you think   nest felts best buy what you think EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 11:00 pm

main roads here have been ok, just the side streets that have been a problem.....hope you get away ok john. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: nest felts best buy what you think   nest felts best buy what you think EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 10:06 am

only going to dundee but still got to watch the roads david as its about 120 miles from us
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: nest felts best buy what you think   nest felts best buy what you think EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 10:18 am

DAVID wrote:
doesnt seem to be easing up with the cold here altho snow is clearing slowly.......its icey cold and stood watching the pigeons out is a nightmare.... confused
was going to settle 11 at loft this morning, 5 settled at home but changed my mind too cold, will probably be out most of day. waiting for warmer weather
Back to top Go down
robbiedoo.
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

PostSubject: Re: nest felts best buy what you think   nest felts best buy what you think EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 12:29 pm

gary you can get cheap nestfelts from longleys in maud . if you want i will be going up for some pigeon food this week i will get for you if you want.
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: nest felts best buy what you think   nest felts best buy what you think EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 3:57 pm

its ok robbie i got 40 yesterday online so thats me all ready to pair up in couple o weeks looking forward to it again thou
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: nest felts best buy what you think   nest felts best buy what you think Empty

Back to top Go down

nest felts best buy what you think
Page 1 of 1