Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 Emptyby barnie Yesterday at 7:58 pm

» new hen for speed
help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Good Morning
help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 10:21 am

» sorting birds out
help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 Emptyby David Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:33 am

» new rules from Defra
help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 Emptyby David Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:30 pm

» RPRA Auction ........
help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 Emptyby David Sat Mar 23, 2024 1:40 pm

» overnight and multiple nights basket
help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 Emptyby Knackered Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:21 pm

» Loft Location
help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:43 pm

» RPRA , WHAT DO THEY DO ?
help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 Emptyby David Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:43 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 70 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 70 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 Vote_lcaphelp with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 Voting_barhelp with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
David
help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 Vote_lcaphelp with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 Voting_barhelp with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
oldstrain
barnie
Knackered
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1293 registered users
The newest registered user is Meddy78

Our users have posted a total of 221961 messages in 13973 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds)

Go down 
+16
Mick
geordiejen
Rene A
Barry T
peel bros
oldstrain
andyw
birdy2011
Gaz b
mickie123
Don Webb
George & Morgan
David
fletch
EssexSteve
goldenbrown
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds)   help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 10:54 am

like the new avatar gary, ybs look nice and tame............ Razz cheers
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds)   help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 10:55 am

Good offer George. cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
http://kjlofts.yolasite.com/about-our-birds.php
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds)   help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 10:56 am

One of my young hens, she follows me everywhere. cheers
Back to top Go down
goldenbrown
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds)   help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 8:18 pm

A big thanks to George. We have watched the CD, and it has now put us in two minds in how to proceed and what to do next. If anyone has any pictures of theirs or words of advice that would be great. How much time do people spend per day caring for their pigeons? bearing in mind we are planning for six birds. Construction begins tomorrow, am nervously excited, just dont want to get it wrong. I want to construct the floor with 18mm sterling board, and will either cover it with kitchen vinyl or 8x4 sheet of aluminium, any further tips/advice on flooring would be great.

many thanks to George for going out of his way to post a CD.

Golden
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds)   help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 8:23 pm

hi golden yes heorge is a good bloke, always willing to go out of his way to help other fanciers..........well done george cheers

in my own loft the floor is tounge and grooved, with a chipboard covering which makes it easier for scraping out, i would prefer to have the floor covered with ply as i think this is also easy to scrape out, but seems to keep dryer better than chipboard.........im hoping to cover my new loft floor in approx 12mm ply.
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds)   help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 8:27 pm

kitchen vinyl or aluminium will make the loft damp use ply on the floor easy cleaning
Back to top Go down
goldenbrown
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds)   help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 8:34 pm

ok ply it is then I have an 8x4 sheet so that will be the size of the loft.

golden
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds)   help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 8:38 pm

yes 8x4 sheets are easy to work with just take your time mate best to get it right first time
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds)   help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 9:25 pm

glad to help golden is that marine ply on the floor george
Back to top Go down
andyw
Chipping
Chipping
andyw

PostSubject: Re: help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds)   help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 10:03 pm

when i used ply on my floor i gave it a coat of pva unibond i find it stops any moisture getting into the ply and it is easy to scrape

atb andy
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds)   help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 10:12 pm

Nice one Greorge
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds)   help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 10:24 pm

andyw wrote:
when i used ply on my floor i gave it a coat of pva unibond i find it stops any moisture getting into the ply and it is easy to scrape

atb andy

another good idea andy.......... Wink its worth getting info and ideas from other fanciers before building a loft. cheers
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds)   help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2012 10:28 pm

andyw wrote:

atb andy

Thats something to thing about Andy
Back to top Go down
George & Morgan
Oldbird
Oldbird
George & Morgan

PostSubject: Re: help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds)   help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 08, 2012 8:44 am

thanks andy thinking now i may have just thrown some away george
Back to top Go down
goldenbrown
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds)   help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 8:37 am

we started building the loft this is what we have done so far(will take pics as we go)
help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 Mumsoldphone777
help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 Mumsoldphone776

golden
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds)   help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 10:16 am

looking good golden, size looks nice too............looking forward to seeing the finished loft cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds)   help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 10, 2012 3:34 pm

Looking good Golden cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
goldenbrown
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds)   help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 5:12 pm

just some updates,
help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 Loft003
help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 Loft004-1
help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 Loft005

above the windows will be 2 vents and also at the bottom of the front will be a 3rd vent, and 3 windows with auto openers if things start to get to hot,in between the windows will be the trap and bay more pictures to come.

golden
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds)   help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 5:18 pm

Looking good mate, well done. cheers
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds)   help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 5:21 pm

looking very nice golden, thats top notch workmanship youve done there.........well done, look forward to seeing the finished loft.
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds)   help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 5:23 pm

nice job m8 i like the idea of the windows lifting up to be a landing board for the traps aswell Wink
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

PostSubject: Re: help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds)   help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 5:33 pm

Nice loft mate, i only have 1 concern, shouldn't you be building it outside ??? lol!
Back to top Go down
goldenbrown
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds)   help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 7:30 pm

EssexSteve wrote:
Nice loft mate, i only have 1 concern, shouldn't you be building it outside ??? lol!

LOL, we are building it flat pack so we can build it in the dry, cant wait as my daughter(12)wants to have 6 racing whites so she can take them to weddings Shocked she already has a booking for next august!!

golden
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds)   help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 7:40 pm

looking good,,,if you want any more whites free just ask me,,i can breed some for you next year
Back to top Go down
goldenbrown
Chipping
Chipping

PostSubject: Re: help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds)   help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 7:47 pm

peel bros wrote:
looking good,,,if you want any more whites free just ask me,,i can breed some for you next year

this forum has amazed me first a free dvd from rainbow and now the offer of some free birds!! Shocked I was going to buy some but if you could help i dont mind buying them from you.

thank you.

golden
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds)   help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

help with small pigeon loft.(we now have birds)
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next