Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» good luck weekend
Darkness YBs... Emptyby oldstrain Today at 6:18 pm

» Weather today
Darkness YBs... Emptyby oldstrain Today at 6:16 pm

» Good Morning
Darkness YBs... Emptyby oldstrain Today at 6:15 pm

» Ian Evans BHW Letter
Darkness YBs... Emptyby Knackered Today at 1:17 am

» birds on loan
Darkness YBs... Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:40 am

» photo of Morgan
Darkness YBs... Emptyby Knackered Today at 12:20 am

» Hotting up in the Middle East
Darkness YBs... Emptyby David Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:35 pm

» Homing World Stud Book
Darkness YBs... Emptyby George & Morgan Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:46 am

» York Road & District Results 2024
Darkness YBs... Emptyby David Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:39 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) Darkness YBs... 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 104 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 102 Guests :: 2 Bots

David, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.Darkness YBs... Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
Darkness YBs... Vote_lcapDarkness YBs... Voting_barDarkness YBs... Vote_rcap 
David
Knackered
barnie
oldstrain
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1296 registered users
The newest registered user is nelsa19ira

Our users have posted a total of 222408 messages in 13991 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
Darkness YBs... Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
Darkness YBs... Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

Darkness YBs...

Go down 
+4
peel bros
VanReet Man123
birdy2011
David
8 posters
AuthorMessage
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Darkness YBs... Empty
PostSubject: Darkness YBs...   Darkness YBs... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 5:33 pm

as far as i knopw the ybs should come off the dark on the 21st june, what happens if i leave mine on for an extra week ? as i paired up in feb i was a week late getting my ybs on the dark so am thinking should i wait a week after the 21st to take them off.........

any thoughts anyone ?
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

Darkness YBs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness YBs...   Darkness YBs... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 5:37 pm

mine went on the dar april 23rd they comming off 21 june so long as they have 8 weeks its ok but you bred early so yours will be ok to
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Darkness YBs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness YBs...   Darkness YBs... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 5:39 pm

i didnt breed early graham, paired up february........
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

Darkness YBs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness YBs...   Darkness YBs... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 5:42 pm

yes but so long as the been dark for 8 weeks its ok
Back to top Go down
VanReet Man123
Youngbird
Youngbird
VanReet Man123

Darkness YBs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness YBs...   Darkness YBs... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 6:12 pm

David 8weeks is the least you need to have them on dark for ours have been on the dark since April so they will have had 10 weeks on the dark i no some people who leave them on for longer.
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

Darkness YBs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness YBs...   Darkness YBs... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 6:23 pm

i think we should ban darkness altogether...i hate it but you have to to it to win races as natural have ,nt got a chance
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Darkness YBs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness YBs...   Darkness YBs... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 6:26 pm

if we bred early then wouldnt the ybs be moulted out before yb racing starts ? therfor having no need to put them on the dark........ scratch
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

Darkness YBs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness YBs...   Darkness YBs... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 6:28 pm

As far as i know if you pair up in december then the young birds are kind of on a natural darkness as the days are still short then you wont need the darkness system
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

Darkness YBs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness YBs...   Darkness YBs... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 6:30 pm

theres always the light system but not many practice it but ill be going on it next year

its ok to breed early but its creating a lot of work for yourself plus its never the weather to get them out so when it dose come nice for the odd day a lot of birds are to wing strong and just get lost
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

Darkness YBs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness YBs...   Darkness YBs... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 6:32 pm

yes i know but have you tried this before ,they become the laziest ybs you have ever come across,i know a few who used to do this and these never lasted very long .like i said ban it lol thats the best way
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

Darkness YBs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness YBs...   Darkness YBs... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 6:34 pm

you may as well say ban widdowhood then
Back to top Go down
andyw
Chipping
Chipping
andyw

Darkness YBs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness YBs...   Darkness YBs... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 6:39 pm

how do those that work full time manage to do the dark system on your own or do you enlist help to open up the loft and let the light in

andy
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

Darkness YBs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness YBs...   Darkness YBs... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 6:44 pm

birdy2011 wrote:
you may as well say ban widdowhood then

yes but your not delaying the moult on widowhood are you g...your ybs are not naturally growing
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Darkness YBs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness YBs...   Darkness YBs... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 6:45 pm

it takes about 9 weeks for a body moult mine went on the dark 28th march and i am increasing the lite now ,so they been on the dark 10 weeks but have given supplements to help the moult and all are through it now
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Darkness YBs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness YBs...   Darkness YBs... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 6:47 pm

andyw wrote:
how do those that work full time manage to do the dark system on your own or do you enlist help to open up the loft and let the light in

andy

andy you only need to darken for 13 hours m8 16 hours is not needed,so just work it to suit yourself
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

Darkness YBs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness YBs...   Darkness YBs... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 6:48 pm

sorry not naturally moulting
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

Darkness YBs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness YBs...   Darkness YBs... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 7:05 pm

im going to keep mine natural ray, im not doing the darkness, 1 year a yb several as obs
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

Darkness YBs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness YBs...   Darkness YBs... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 7:09 pm

i,m tempted to go half and half ,i might just put my hens on the dark and cocks on natural..i,ll see what happens as i want to win races but i,ll have plenty of hens to do that
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

Darkness YBs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness YBs...   Darkness YBs... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 7:46 pm

like you say ray, i think if you want to win you need to be on the dark (or light) as everyone else is who is winning.........
Back to top Go down
EssexSteve
Youngbird
Youngbird
EssexSteve

Darkness YBs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness YBs...   Darkness YBs... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 7:55 pm

a lot of the blokes down here do that Ray run 2 teams, 1 they keep for OBs and 1 for darkness, that way if the darkness get YB sickness they are just got rid of
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

Darkness YBs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness YBs...   Darkness YBs... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 8:04 pm

David wrote:
like you say ray, i think if you want to win you need to be on the dark (or light) as everyone else is who is winning.........

Will second that David, you need to do something when big money is envolved like nationals and gold ring races
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

Darkness YBs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness YBs...   Darkness YBs... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 9:25 pm

EssexSteve wrote:
a lot of the blokes down here do that Ray run 2 teams, 1 they keep for OBs and 1 for darkness, that way if the darkness get YB sickness they are just got rid of

sold on more like at blackpool or bhw due to being over stocked or due to few losses we have x amount of y/b left will make good stock pmsl then we will get the illness mob must cut back if ya ill why breed the f****ng things in the first place lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

Darkness YBs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness YBs...   Darkness YBs... EmptyWed Jun 06, 2012 9:45 pm

birdy2011 wrote:
EssexSteve wrote:

sold on more like at blackpool or bhw due to being over stocked or due to few losses we have x amount of y/b left will make good stock pmsl then we will get the illness mob must cut back if ya ill why breed the f****ng things in the first place lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Laughing Laughing Laughing the truth is their if you care to look all this crap about not racing ybs due to ill health oh and of course these birds will make ideal stock lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Darkness YBs... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darkness YBs...   Darkness YBs... Empty

Back to top Go down

Darkness YBs...
Page 1 of 1