Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
looking to extend for stock loft Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 10:33 am

» RPRA Partnerships
looking to extend for stock loft Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 10:32 am

» Weather today
looking to extend for stock loft Emptyby David Today at 10:31 am

» BHW Subscriptions
looking to extend for stock loft Emptyby David Yesterday at 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
looking to extend for stock loft Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
looking to extend for stock loft Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
looking to extend for stock loft Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
looking to extend for stock loft Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
looking to extend for stock loft Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) looking to extend for stock loft 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 69 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 67 Guests :: 2 Bots

David, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.looking to extend for stock loft Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
looking to extend for stock loft Vote_lcaplooking to extend for stock loft Voting_barlooking to extend for stock loft Vote_rcap 
David
looking to extend for stock loft Vote_lcaplooking to extend for stock loft Voting_barlooking to extend for stock loft Vote_rcap 
barnie
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222787 messages in 14005 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
looking to extend for stock loft Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
looking to extend for stock loft Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

looking to extend for stock loft

Go down 
+4
fred holbard
David
IANYOUNG
phil411
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
phil411
Youngbird
Youngbird
phil411

looking to extend for stock loft Empty
PostSubject: looking to extend for stock loft   looking to extend for stock loft EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 9:43 pm

ive just been talking to colleen (wife ) about needing more room for the birds as i only have a 24foot 3 section and was looking on ebay and come across these .. but cant make me mind up ... so thoght i would see wat everyone else thinks

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/pigeon-loft_W0QQitemZ110480074105QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Pet_Supplies_Birds?hash=item19b9202579

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PIGEON-LOFT-24X6-4SEC-FREE-DEL-ERECTION-Ref5_W0QQitemZ250561253391QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Home_Garden_Garden_Structures_Fencing_CV?hash=item3a569d500f

was thinking of bottom one then i dont need to build a sitting cabin just use a section in there lol
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: looking to extend for stock loft   looking to extend for stock loft EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 9:47 pm

if your going to pay that sort of money you better off getting someboby to build it for you as you want
Back to top Go down
phil411
Youngbird
Youngbird
phil411

PostSubject: Re: looking to extend for stock loft   looking to extend for stock loft EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 10:01 pm

colleen just said do u remember what ian and ray said when u met them dont go to big with lofts as u will end up filling them with birds ...
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: looking to extend for stock loft   looking to extend for stock loft EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 10:03 pm

thats right phil how many cocks you racing and how many youngbirds you got room for
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: looking to extend for stock loft   looking to extend for stock loft EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 10:05 pm

true phil, the more room you have the more birds you will keep...... Very Happy when i only had a standard size garage i thought if i build a double ill have more room but all it did was make more room for me to fill it up with things i didnt want to throw away.......... lol!
Back to top Go down
fred holbard
Hatchling
Hatchling
fred holbard

PostSubject: Re: looking to extend for stock loft   looking to extend for stock loft EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 10:06 pm

phil411 wrote:
colleen just said do u remember what ian and ray said when u met them dont go to big with lofts as u will end up filling them with birds ...

"as thinking of bottom one then i dont need to build a sitting cabin just use a section in there lol"

I think I'm with your missus on this
Back to top Go down
http://www.eliteoffsetprinters.co.uk
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: looking to extend for stock loft   looking to extend for stock loft EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 10:11 pm

fred if you dont mind me asking do you fly widowhood how many old birds do yu fly and how do you fly your youngbirds , ie darkie paired up seperated or any thing else
Back to top Go down
fred holbard
Hatchling
Hatchling
fred holbard

PostSubject: Re: looking to extend for stock loft   looking to extend for stock loft EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 10:40 pm

If you don't mind Ian, I'll answer this on the Fred Holbard thread, as I don't want to hijack this one
Back to top Go down
http://www.eliteoffsetprinters.co.uk
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: looking to extend for stock loft   looking to extend for stock loft EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 11:25 pm

ok cheers fred
Back to top Go down
steve1952
Youngbird
Youngbird
steve1952

PostSubject: Re: looking to extend for stock loft   looking to extend for stock loft EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 12:33 am

phil411 wrote:

very good advice my 1st year learning for me then extend after racing
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: looking to extend for stock loft   looking to extend for stock loft EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 10:07 am

after my second year racing mate i had to get a diverant stock loft this year as i didnt loose alot of birds last year so had to build a new stock loft and young bird section
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: looking to extend for stock loft   looking to extend for stock loft EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 12:51 pm

you build a team around the room you have you cant be building lofts every year to house your pigeons you getrid of the lesser ones and keep the best,
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: looking to extend for stock loft   looking to extend for stock loft EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 2:43 pm

true but you have to give them a three years to see whats best first
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: looking to extend for stock loft   looking to extend for stock loft EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 2:49 pm

no i dont if they are no good as yearlings then out they go only an odd few i might have a gut feeling for that havent done anything i will keep and try again as 2year olds
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: looking to extend for stock loft   looking to extend for stock loft EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 2:56 pm

well my distance pigeons get there three years just the same way my late uncle did that way i wont go far wrong as most of the distance birds dont come in to there selfs until three year old
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: looking to extend for stock loft   looking to extend for stock loft EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 3:36 pm

many different ways you do your own i do mine end of the day who,s right wish i new
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: looking to extend for stock loft   looking to extend for stock loft EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 4:39 pm

diverant ways for diverant racing simple
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: looking to extend for stock loft   looking to extend for stock loft EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 4:47 pm

not really different methods of racing quite simple i race channel and inland what other racing is there
Back to top Go down
showgirl
Chipping
Chipping
showgirl

PostSubject: Re: looking to extend for stock loft   looking to extend for stock loft EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 4:59 pm

storm queen loved the picture you put on of them two showbirds you put on what breed were they and do they tumble
Back to top Go down
stormqueen
Youngbird
Youngbird
stormqueen

PostSubject: Re: looking to extend for stock loft   looking to extend for stock loft EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 5:25 pm

showgirl your having me on.
if they don;t produce racers.
the only TUMBLING THEY WILL BE DOING IS INTO A BUCKET looking to extend for stock loft Icon_twisted looking to extend for stock loft Icon_twisted
Back to top Go down
dark_chequer
Hatchling
Hatchling
dark_chequer

PostSubject: Re: looking to extend for stock loft   looking to extend for stock loft EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 6:10 pm

stormqueen wrote:
showgirl your having me on.
if they don;t produce racers.
the only TUMBLING THEY WILL BE DOING IS INTO A BUCKET looking to extend for stock loft Icon_twisted looking to extend for stock loft Icon_twisted

affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
phil411
Youngbird
Youngbird
phil411

PostSubject: Re: looking to extend for stock loft   looking to extend for stock loft EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 9:09 pm

ive got two 8x6 sections but was going to breed 20 to 25 young birds for one section and race cocks one week and hens next race
then was going to sort out other section for young birds then extend after races
Back to top Go down
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

PostSubject: Re: looking to extend for stock loft   looking to extend for stock loft EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 9:12 pm

sounds good to me phil but whatever you do dont overcrowd
Back to top Go down
phil411
Youngbird
Youngbird
phil411

PostSubject: Re: looking to extend for stock loft   looking to extend for stock loft EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 9:21 pm

yea that was me main worry but everyone ive spoke to say 20 to 25 give and take a few loses when training .. and with first race ... and as one bloke said u could loses 10 on me first toss and then i might not lose any if i have yb out as soon as i can ...
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

PostSubject: Re: looking to extend for stock loft   looking to extend for stock loft EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 9:40 pm

shouldnt think 20-25 ybs in a 8x6 section will be overcrowded phil, thats providing you have decent ventilation........ Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: looking to extend for stock loft   looking to extend for stock loft Empty

Back to top Go down

looking to extend for stock loft
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next