Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Weather today
jan aardens Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:17 am

» Good Morning
jan aardens Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 7:16 am

» Gst Filing Consultants In Chennai
jan aardens Emptyby tharunjohar50 Today at 7:16 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
jan aardens Emptyby George & Morgan Yesterday at 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
jan aardens Emptyby David Yesterday at 4:53 pm

» SEO Company in Chennai
jan aardens Emptyby tharunjohar50 Yesterday at 11:37 am

» escaped birds return
jan aardens Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 10:42 am

» Scandalous .......
jan aardens Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

» yb national winner
jan aardens Emptyby George & Morgan Sat May 04, 2024 9:30 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) jan aardens 20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 77 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 75 Guests :: 1 Bot

George & Morgan, tharunjohar50

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.jan aardens Resise10
Top posting users this week
David
jan aardens Vote_lcapjan aardens Voting_barjan aardens Vote_rcap 
George & Morgan
tharunjohar50
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222733 messages in 14004 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
jan aardens Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
jan aardens Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

jan aardens

Go down 
+4
David
Don Webb
seanl
decker w
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
decker w
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

jan aardens Empty
PostSubject: jan aardens   jan aardens EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 2:48 pm

anyone doing well with these
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

jan aardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: jan aardens   jan aardens EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 3:07 pm

decker w wrote:
plenty doing well with them remember many dutch familys are arden based
theelens vanwanroy vanderwegens kuipers ect ect and the german night flyers kipps ect ect sean
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

jan aardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: jan aardens   jan aardens EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 8:31 pm

seanl wrote:
decker w wrote:
plenty doing well with them remember many dutch familys are arden based
theelens vanwanroy vanderwegens kuipers ect ect and the german night flyers kipps ect ect sean

Spot on Seanl
Back to top Go down
decker w
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

jan aardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: jan aardens   jan aardens EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 9:08 am

bought 3 pair off louella to try and do well from bourges. & bought 2 pair of corbett buschaerts to eventually cross into them. keeping both strains pure this year. I have just restarted again late last year, & will be flying latebreds this year, plus young birds. the reaction from most of my mates is that the jan aardens won't win round here, east cleveland fed. so only time will tell
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

jan aardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: jan aardens   jan aardens EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 10:17 am

decker w wrote:
bought 3 pair off louella to try and do well from bourges. & bought 2 pair of corbett buschaerts to eventually cross into them. keeping both strains pure this year. I have just restarted again late last year, & will be flying latebreds this year, plus young birds. the reaction from most of my mates is that the jan aardens won't win round here, east cleveland fed. so only time will tell
i think your flying in a very good fed your ardens wont win inland against their sprinters you need something with speed down to the coast what club you flying in sean
Back to top Go down
decker w
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

jan aardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: jan aardens   jan aardens EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 10:27 am

Sean, I fly in Skelton Green HS. I bought the Aardens to win 1 race Bourges. I have other sprint middle, distance families, to compete inland & the shorter channel races, also as young birds
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

jan aardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: jan aardens   jan aardens EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 12:55 pm

decker w wrote:
Sean, I fly in Skelton Green HS. I bought the Aardens to win 1 race Bourges. I have other sprint middle, distance families, to compete inland & the shorter channel races, also as young birds
best of luck decker next time i,m down to loftus i,ll give you a call sean
Back to top Go down
decker w
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

jan aardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: jan aardens   jan aardens EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 3:13 pm

had a bad chest for a couple of months, saw the doctor a couple of weeks ago, & had an avian blood test. went today as the results were in, I've a high reaction to the pigeons, & was advised to pack them in. I've asked to refer me to a chest department at the hospital, to see what they say. I wear a mask when in the loft, & I was in the process of fitting chimneys to the loft, before I went to the doctors. anyone been in this position, & got round it, as I don't want to pack in before I get started.
Back to top Go down
decker w
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

jan aardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: jan aardens   jan aardens EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 3:34 pm

Sean your mate Chris passed in his van, as I was leaving the allotment tonight. I don't know him, as he wasn't flying in our fed when I last had the pigeons. but looking at his results in 2012, he's up there with the best, hell of a flier
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

jan aardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: jan aardens   jan aardens EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 3:45 pm

decker w wrote:
had a bad chest for a couple of months, saw the doctor a couple of weeks ago, & had an avian blood test. went today as the results were in, I've a high reaction to the pigeons, & was advised to pack them in. I've asked to refer me to a chest department at the hospital, to see what they say. I wear a mask when in the loft, & I was in the process of fitting chimneys to the loft, before I went to the doctors. anyone been in this position, & got round it, as I don't want to pack in before I get started.

hi decker, my doctor sent me for a chest x ray before christmas, they found a shadow on one of my lungs and want me to go back for another x ray.........lately ive been feeling horrible mainly on the mornings but it eases off during the day, if i go upstairs im out of breath so im pretty certain its something to do with pigeons which has made me wear a mask when cleaning out.......this seems to help a bit but i still dont feel right, and the only way i can describe it is like having flu but without the cold.

im like you, i dont want to pack my pigeons in as ive only just returned to them approx 3 years ago, hope all goes well with your hospital apointment.
Back to top Go down
Ginger
Youngbird
Youngbird
Ginger

jan aardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: jan aardens   jan aardens EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 3:56 pm

My birds are Jan Aarden based ie muller aardens, Van Gills,Jan Polders,the only ones I cant get far enough back is Jos Thon`e as his go back to his farther inlaw and Red Barclona so supose you can say they are mongrals, but they fly for me when its hard they come home, sometimes?
good all rounders not fast but will try. The main thing with pigeons is get them to love there home not just used to throw away and push there ass off, keep sending them and you will lose them and they are only as good as there last race,
Back to top Go down
decker w
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

jan aardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: jan aardens   jan aardens EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 4:24 pm

david my lungs are ok at present, but the doc said if I persist with them, my lungs will scar, & ther's no turning back, ie can't be repaired. I stopped smoking about 15 years ago, same time as finished with the pigeons. & can't believe I've got this problem, as I only restarted late last year. I'me going to fly this year,unless the chest clinic scare me to death
Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

jan aardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: jan aardens   jan aardens EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 4:54 pm

hi decker, i restarted about 3 years ago and have developed this breathing problem, we packed in 20 years ago and at thet time never had a problem being near the pigeons.........its only surfaced now im back keeping them, thankfully i dont and never have smoked or i`d probably be worse.
Back to top Go down
decker w
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

jan aardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: jan aardens   jan aardens EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 6:32 pm

david Iv'e been advised to wash my face & hands after being in the loft, as the bloom, gets on your eyebrows, then onto your pillow, then you breath it all night
the minute I walk in the house, I'm straight in the shower from now on. get a top class mask, finish putting my pipes in. you won't believe the difference they make to your loft. & see where I go from there
Back to top Go down
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

jan aardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: jan aardens   jan aardens EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 6:42 pm

decker w wrote:
david Iv'e been advised to wash my face & hands after being in the loft, as the bloom, gets on your eyebrows, then onto your pillow, then you breath it all night
the minute I walk in the house, I'm straight in the shower from now on. get a top class mask, finish putting my pipes in. you won't believe the difference they make to your loft. & see where I go from there

good luck mate hope it sorts the problem for you ... as for a mask those air visor type are very good like a helmet and visor all in one i know a oap that uses one and he reckons they very good atb
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

jan aardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: jan aardens   jan aardens EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 7:39 pm

decker w wrote:
Sean your mate Chris passed in his van, as I was leaving the allotment tonight. I don't know him, as he wasn't flying in our fed when I last had the pigeons. but looking at his results in 2012, he's up there with the best, hell of a flier

yes he got a nice set up and he is a hell of a nice guy decker go down and meet him he will make you welcome i was speaking to him today about our belg trip sean
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

jan aardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: jan aardens   jan aardens EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 9:45 pm

decker w wrote:

Decker if Seanl has told you to say hello to Chris you do it, because seanl is a top bloke and is willing to help anyone out

You could say 2 top quality fanciers mate
Back to top Go down
decker w
In egg (newbie)
In egg (newbie)

jan aardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: jan aardens   jan aardens EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 7:31 am

hi Saun & Don, until I get these chest problems sorted out I can't make too many plans for the future. I'm going to race this year, & see how I am at the end of the season. if I bump into Chris I will be very happy to meet him, & take it from there. his performances are outstanding, & who wouldn't want to fly Chris's pigeons, & maybe learn something from him. when I fly my relations, & mates birds, no one else gets them, off me, unless the original breeder ok's it. that's how I've always been, & will continue to be. so in the future if everythings ok, health wise, & I end up with some of Chris's birds, he'll never race against his own stock
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

jan aardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: jan aardens   jan aardens EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 7:52 pm

decker w wrote:
hi Saun & Don, until I get these chest problems sorted out I can't make too many plans for the future. I'm going to race this year, & see how I am at the end of the season. if I bump into Chris I will be very happy to meet him, & take it from there. his performances are outstanding, & who wouldn't want to fly Chris's pigeons, & maybe learn something from him. when I fly my relations, & mates birds, no one else gets them, off me, unless the original breeder ok's it. that's how I've always been, & will continue to be. so in the future if everythings ok, health wise, & I end up with some of Chris's birds, he'll never race against his own stock

hope every thing works out for you decker and you can sort your chest probs those masks that covers your whole head are supposed to work brilliantly sean
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

jan aardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: jan aardens   jan aardens EmptyFri Jan 18, 2013 10:41 pm

decker w wrote:

Fingers crossed for you Decker hope all comes good in the future mate
Back to top Go down
GRIZZLECOCK
Chipping
Chipping

jan aardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: jan aardens   jan aardens EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 8:27 pm

David wrote:
decker w wrote:

hi decker, my doctor sent me for a chest x ray before christmas, they found a shadow on one of my lungs and want me to go back for another x ray.........lately ive been feeling horrible mainly on the mornings but it eases off during the day, if i go upstairs im out of breath so im pretty certain its something to do with pigeons which has made me wear a mask when cleaning out.......this seems to help a bit but i still dont feel right, and the only way i can describe it is like having flu but without the cold.

im like you, i dont want to pack my pigeons in as ive only just returned to them approx 3 years ago, hope all goes well with your hospital apointment.

David do you understand how serious a shadow on your lung can be,get your ass back to the xray dept asp mate

Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

jan aardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: jan aardens   jan aardens EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 8:56 pm

thanks for the advise grizzlecock, ive been meaning to go all week but just didnt find the time to be honet, i`ll make sure i go this week though........
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

jan aardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: jan aardens   jan aardens EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 9:51 pm

GRIZZLECOCK wrote:
David wrote:
decker w wrote:

David do you understand how serious a shadow on your lung can be,get your ass back to the xray dept asp mate

I will second that

Back to top Go down
David
Oldbird
Oldbird
David

jan aardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: jan aardens   jan aardens EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 9:54 pm

yes i will don..... Embarassed

will you be going to plackpool tomorrow don ...?
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

jan aardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: jan aardens   jan aardens EmptySat Jan 19, 2013 10:02 pm

Yes Boss the road on my estate is cleared and i will set of at 6.00 am nice steady drive up there
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

jan aardens Empty
PostSubject: Re: jan aardens   jan aardens Empty

Back to top Go down

jan aardens
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next