Forum for Pigeon Fanciers

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  Report a StrayReport a Stray  Face BookFace Book  Jack Barkel Website.Jack Barkel Website.  Friendslofts WebsiteFriendslofts Website  Velocity CalculatorVelocity Calculator  Portal 2Portal 2  ebayebay  
Latest topics
» Good Morning
the famous quasemodo  Emptyby George & Morgan Today at 12:05 pm

» Weather today
the famous quasemodo  Emptyby David Today at 11:52 am

» RPRA Partnerships
the famous quasemodo  Emptyby David Sun May 12, 2024 11:48 am

» BHW Subscriptions
the famous quasemodo  Emptyby David Sat May 11, 2024 10:36 pm

» King removes Patronage
the famous quasemodo  Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 8:46 pm

» escaped birds return
the famous quasemodo  Emptyby David Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

» Leeds & District Amalgamation
the famous quasemodo  Emptyby George & Morgan Mon May 06, 2024 4:58 pm

» York Road & District Results 2024
the famous quasemodo  Emptyby David Mon May 06, 2024 4:53 pm

» Scandalous .......
the famous quasemodo  Emptyby Knackered Sun May 05, 2024 7:31 am

Countrywide Corns
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate Bird takes 44th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final.The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain)
Forum Syndicate 2019
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate also takes 100th Place, in the 2019 RPRA One Loft Final. The Bird is Frans Zwol Bloodline, Bred and supplied by Darren Palmer (Oldstrain) the famous quasemodo  20497337-174028
Who is online?
In total there are 38 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 36 Guests :: 2 Bots

David, George & Morgan

Most users ever online was 833 on Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:30 pm
Forum Syndicate 2017
Pigeon World Syndicate Bird takes 81st Place in the 2017 Final Race, The Bird is Dia Evans Bloodlines and was Bred and supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.
R.P.R.A Certificate.
Pigeon World Forum Syndicate take 81st Place in the 2017 R.P.R.A. Final, with a Pigeon Bred and Supplied by Tumley Lofts Stud.the famous quasemodo  Resise10
Top posting users this week
George & Morgan
the famous quasemodo  Vote_lcapthe famous quasemodo  Voting_barthe famous quasemodo  Vote_rcap 
David
the famous quasemodo  Vote_lcapthe famous quasemodo  Voting_barthe famous quasemodo  Vote_rcap 
Similar topics
Statistics
We have 1297 registered users
The newest registered user is tharunjohar50

Our users have posted a total of 222814 messages in 14005 subjects
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Oldstrain/Darren`s Winner of winners. 2012.
the famous quasemodo  Winnerofwin
From Fed Topper to Master Chef
the famous quasemodo  Raypeel-1The N.E.H.U race from Melton Mowbray 21/4/2012 was won by Peel bros of South Shields, they took 1st club 1st fed, also taking 2nd and 4th club and 15 of the 25 birds clocked in the club......well done Peel brothers.
Top posters
David
oldstrain
Don Webb
Knackered
peel bros
IANYOUNG
MISTY
George & Morgan
Gaz b
birdy2011

the famous quasemodo

Go down 
+4
Gaz b
Don Webb
seanl
IANYOUNG
8 posters
AuthorMessage
IANYOUNG
Oldbird
Oldbird
IANYOUNG

the famous quasemodo  Empty
PostSubject: the famous quasemodo    the famous quasemodo  EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 8:26 pm

what a pigeon

emailed my friend rod adams about this bird , wonder if they are any pics of this bird
Hi Ian,
Have you got a week to spare then? It was owned by Luke, Coulson and
Thompson of Westerhope and my memory (not infallible) says that it was a
full brother to two good cocks owned by John Soderlund and Ali Bros. and was
bred by the late Tommy Mann of Hebburn. It became crippled as a yearling
after spiralling down from the sky into a hedge leaving it with a limp, a
hump on its back and a neck so twisted its head rested upside down on the
ground. When sitting on the pan its head had to be supported by a wooden
block next to the pan or it would have choked.
I used to vaccinate it for them as they weren't sure where its neck
was - ask Don and little Bob as they came with me once. It was dead at a
fairly young age having bred 10 first Fed winners! What saved them killing
it was that on the day it fell out of the sky a youngster off it topped the
fed! It once featured on the front page of the RP but if you'd seen it in a
shop doorway or picked it up in the street you'd have killed it on the spot
it was that deformed. My own opinion was that it had developed an avian form
of something akin to muscular dystrophy. They kept it in a large box in
their cabin. How it mounted the hen beats me! Regards. Rod.
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: the famous quasemodo    the famous quasemodo  EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 8:39 pm

IANYOUNG wrote:
what a pigeon

emailed my friend rod adams about this bird , wonder if they are any pics of this bird
Hi Ian,
Have you got a week to spare then? It was owned by Luke, Coulson and
Thompson of Westerhope and my memory (not infallible) says that it was a
full brother to two good cocks owned by John Soderlund and Ali Bros. and was
bred by the late Tommy Mann of Hebburn. It became crippled as a yearling
after spiralling down from the sky into a hedge leaving it with a limp, a
hump on its back and a neck so twisted its head rested upside down on the
ground. When sitting on the pan its head had to be supported by a wooden
block next to the pan or it would have choked.
I used to vaccinate it for them as they weren't sure where its neck
was - ask Don and little Bob as they came with me once. It was dead at a
fairly young age having bred 10 first Fed winners! What saved them killing
it was that on the day it fell out of the sky a youngster off it topped the
fed! It once featured on the front page of the RP but if you'd seen it in a
shop doorway or picked it up in the street you'd have killed it on the spot
it was that deformed. My own opinion was that it had developed an avian form
of something akin to muscular dystrophy. They kept it in a large box in
their cabin. How it mounted the hen beats me! Regards. Rod.

why not ask soderland as tommo told me it was bred by soderland and yes it bred at least 10x fed winners for LCT BUT IT ALSO BRED MANY CLUB AND FED WINNERS FOR OTHER GUYS IN FACT ITS GCHILDREN ALSO WON AND BRED WINNERS LCT FLEW IN THE SAME FED AS ME AND FLEW THEIR BIRDS IN WESTERHOPE HS THERE LOFTS WHERE NOT IN WESTERHOPE THEY WHERE AT WEST DENTON THEN THEY LEFT WESTERHOPE TO FLY IN THE WEST DURHAM AMAL WHEN SOME OF THE NEWCASTLE WEST FED CLUBS LEFT THE FED IN FACT TWO OF THE PARTNERS ARE NOW DEAD BUT THE LOFT STILL STANDS ON THE SAME ELLOTMENT BUT NO BIRDS ARE KEPT BY THE REMAINING PARTNER WHO IS NOT IN THE BEST OF HEALTH HOPE THIS HELPS SEAN
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: the famous quasemodo    the famous quasemodo  EmptyTue Feb 12, 2013 11:17 pm

Your the man Seanl theres no stopping you mate your like an ensyclopidia were pigeons are concerned study study king king
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: the famous quasemodo    the famous quasemodo  EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 4:18 pm

That name rings a bell geek lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://kjlofts.yolasite.com/about-our-birds.php
oldstrain
Oldbird
Oldbird
oldstrain

PostSubject: Re: the famous quasemodo    the famous quasemodo  EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 6:05 pm

amazing story ....some pigeon that
Back to top Go down
killer
Hatchling
Hatchling
killer

PostSubject: Re: the famous quasemodo    the famous quasemodo  EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 9:40 pm

Goes to show its not the looks that make a Champion Producer ? cheers
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: the famous quasemodo    the famous quasemodo  EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 1:00 pm

oldstrain wrote:

yes he was Daz i hope to be speaking to the remaining partner tonight Kenny Coulson i,m hoping that Kenny will go into some depth about quasi as some of the newcastle guys think Quasi was bred by LCT so lets hope Kenny is well enough to talk sean
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: the famous quasemodo    the famous quasemodo  EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 4:40 pm

seanl wrote:
oldstrain wrote:

yes he was Daz i hope to be speaking to the remaining partner tonight Kenny Coulson i,m hoping that Kenny will go into some depth about quasi as some of the newcastle guys think Quasi was bred by LCT so lets hope Kenny is well enough to talk sean

wee bit more info quasi was a 1975 bird he was bred by John SODERLAND FROM SOUTH SHIELDS the sire and dam where sold to Paul SMITH OF regency lofts
QUASI SIRE WAS A DIRRECT BUSHY WHILE HIS DAM WAS FLAMING STAR BRED BY JOHN PALMER very interesting follow the next exciting episode keeping you guys in the know sean
Back to top Go down
Gaz b
Oldbird
Oldbird
Gaz b

PostSubject: Re: the famous quasemodo    the famous quasemodo  EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 4:46 pm

cheers
seanl wrote:
seanl wrote:
oldstrain wrote:

wee bit more info quasi was a 1975 bird he was bred by John SODERLAND FROM SOUTH SHIELDS the sire and dam where sold to Paul SMITH OF regency lofts
QUASI SIRE WAS A DIRRECT BUSHY WHILE HIS DAM WAS FLAMING STAR BRED BY JOHN PALMER very interesting follow the next exciting episode keeping you guys in the know sean
Well done sean, keep it up. cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
http://kjlofts.yolasite.com/about-our-birds.php
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: the famous quasemodo    the famous quasemodo  EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 5:19 pm

Quality as always Seanl cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: the famous quasemodo    the famous quasemodo  EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 5:21 pm

seanl wrote:
seanl wrote:
oldstrain wrote:

Just goes to show the quality Ray and his brother have to race against and they both able to hold there own and still winning big time

Just shows Ray and his brother's quality as fanciers Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: the famous quasemodo    the famous quasemodo  EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 5:42 pm

we have a long ,long way to catch this bloke don,but we do try and we try hard as you know..it would be nice to be in their league believe me,i rate them as one of the best in the northeast along with the 2 ali brothers.thats what we have to try and beat every week.these blokes are professionals
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: the famous quasemodo    the famous quasemodo  EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 5:52 pm

peel bros wrote:
we have a long ,long way to catch this bloke don,but we do try and we try hard as you know..it would be nice to be in their league believe me,i rate them as one of the best in the northeast along with the 2 ali brothers.thats what we have to try and beat every week.these blokes are professionals

Ray with the way you flew last year and the years i have known you, you are almost on par with them and i will say you can hold your own and if i flew in your club i would be asking what time you are on and if i can beat Ray i know i would be in the prizes

RAY JUST LOOK AT YOUR FED RESULTS MATE THIS YEAR AND UNC RESULTS it speaks for it's self mate
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: the famous quasemodo    the famous quasemodo  EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 5:55 pm

peel bros wrote:

Ray i was talking to the Ali brother's cousin at the hotel were i have dinner i heard the way he was talking asked were he was from South Sheilds and asked if he raced pigeons and he said no but my cousins do the Ali brothers, i am there cousin Tony the promoter
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: the famous quasemodo    the famous quasemodo  EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 6:36 pm

peel bros wrote:
your an improving loft Ray and yes flying against the likes of soderland and the alis aint easy just look at how many lofts are flying well with their stock
but as i say your improving and dedicated in my opinion your the dark horse to watch your results prove that best of luck for the season ahead sean
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: the famous quasemodo    the famous quasemodo  EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 6:38 pm

i,ll say one thing,at least i,m honest.....i tell the truth whether my birds do good or bad....
Back to top Go down
birdy2011
Oldbird
Oldbird
birdy2011

PostSubject: Re: the famous quasemodo    the famous quasemodo  EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 6:42 pm

your only fooling yaself if you dont tell the truth cus others soon find out
Back to top Go down
peel bros
Oldbird
Oldbird
peel bros

PostSubject: Re: the famous quasemodo    the famous quasemodo  EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 6:46 pm

exactly g.thats what i,m saying.you have to be honest in this game or you will be found out....
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: the famous quasemodo    the famous quasemodo  EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 7:07 pm

birdy2011 wrote:

very true G honesty always best policy sean
Back to top Go down
seanl
Youngbird
Youngbird

PostSubject: Re: the famous quasemodo    the famous quasemodo  EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 7:08 pm

peel bros wrote:
i,ll say one thing,at least i,m honest.....i tell the truth whether my birds do good or bad....

thats true ray thats why every one respects you always give honest assment sean
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: the famous quasemodo    the famous quasemodo  EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 7:39 pm

peel bros wrote:

That is the reason why you are well respected Ray because you are not afraid to say when you are behind and only talk when you have a good pigeon either way win or lose you are always honest and truthful with the way your pigeons perform cheers cheers cheers

TOP MAN THROUGH AND THROUGH
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: the famous quasemodo    the famous quasemodo  EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 7:40 pm

birdy2011 wrote:

Spot on G
Back to top Go down
Don Webb
Oldbird
Oldbird
Don Webb

PostSubject: Re: the famous quasemodo    the famous quasemodo  EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 7:41 pm

seanl wrote:
peel bros wrote:

thats true ray thats why every one respects you always give honest assment sean

Agree 1000 % Seanl
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the famous quasemodo    the famous quasemodo  Empty

Back to top Go down

the famous quasemodo
Page 1 of 1